10+ Year Old Account
    And now, a side-by-side taste test.

RNC: We're holding the convention in North Carolina.
    NC: You sure? There's a lethal outbreak. And we have pretty big restrictions on mass gatherings, because we don't want people to die.
    RNC: But we have all those hotel reservations from, like, a year ago!
    NC: Well you still need to vote, right? Just send fewer people, use the large rooms, and socially distance.
    RNC: Well I guess we could skip the crowds.
    Trump: What? I demand packed, maskless crowds! The virus is a hoax!
    RNC: Um...
    NC: Not here, you can't. Seriously, you'll kill dozens, maybe hundreds.
    Trump: But I wanna! I wanna I wanna I wanna!
    NC: Look, we have the legal right to shut down the entire convention. No crowds.
    Trump: I demand packed crowds of maskless people!
    FL: How about Jacksonville?
    Jacksonville: Wait, what?
    FL: Yeah, the virus is a hoax. You can totally have packed crowds of maskless people here.
    RNC: I'm not sure this is a good idea.
    Jacksonville: I know for a fact it's not a good idea.
    FL: Yeah, but you have to do it anyhow.
    Jacksonville: I'm pretty sure we don't.
    FL: But...oh shit, the virus isn't a hoax!
    Cuomo: I'm not actually part of this, but I'm filpping you off. Twice.
    FL: Okay, no crowds of maskless people.
    Trump: But I wanna! I wanna I wanna I wanna!
    FL: No, you'll kill dozens, maybe hundreds. Which we totally didn't do (throws handful of test reports out the window)
    RNC: Okay, we're still holding the smaller voting meeting.
    Republican Lawmakers: Without us.
    Republican Governors: Without us, either.
    RNC: And no press.
    Trump: The virus isn't a hoax, and I never said it was. For the safety of everyone only I have decided to skip a packed crowd of maskless people, even though every lawmaker, every state, every city, and even the RNC said I should do it.
    NC: The fuck?
    Jacksonville: The double fuck?
    RNC: Good thing we're complicit.

And now, the Democrats.

Biden: I'm not going to the DNC Convention. We'll do it online.
    Everyone: Probably the smart move. Se you online.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Alright Mr. Trump, repeat after me: Yo sem it ee

Yo semites

No no no, yo . . . sem . . . it . . . ee

Yo sea mites?

Yo

Yo

Sem

Sem

It

It

Ee

Ee

Now put it together

Yo semites, like you see a group of Jews and say "Yo! Semites!" Nobody knows Semites like me! I know the best Semites! Believe me!

Thank you for reminding me of this old ytmnd and the irrational joy it brings me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again, it's time for Guess the Speaker!

My view is the schools should open. This thing is going away. “It will go away like things go away and my view is that schools should be open
    "Only Tru--"

It doesn’t have an impact on them and I have watched some doctors say they’re totally immune. The fact is that they are virtually immune from this problem and we have to open our schools
    "That still sou--"

We’re thinking about doing it [EDITOR: accepting the Republican nomination] from the White House because there’s no movement.

It's easy, and I think it's a beautiful setting and we are thinking about that. It's certainly one of the alternatives
    "Wait, is that even legal?"

Cause for concern, yes.

Yeah, Trump went on FOX News and went on a tear.

If he did that what would be the consequences? They’ve already shown the law means nothing and they can do what they want.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    If he did that what would be the consequences? They’ve already shown the law means nothing and they can do what they want.
    Nothing - nada, zilch, zero - there would be no consequences for violating yet another federal law.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Pretty much this.

Thus far, the worst consequences I can think of for the Trump administration repeatedly and flagrantly violating the law have been that some cabinet members have resigned and been replaced with equally corrupt and lawless officials.

DeVos continues her streak of continually ignoring court orders 3 years on, because there remain no actual consequences.
    Ken Cucinelli is still the head of CIS despite a March court ruling that his "Acting" position there was illegal.

There are no consequences. Trump could host it on the White House, with every member of his cabinet giving a speech promoting both Goya and his campaign, using funds he declared for emergencies to finance the whole ordeal.

And nothing would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    "Wait, is that even legal?"

Cause for concern, yes.

Yeah, Trump went on FOX News and went on a tear.
    The person saying it could be illegal says it's possibly because of the Hatch Act, but that doesn't apply to the President, so it's not really an issue.
    Last edited by Nellise; 2020-08-05 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    The person saying it's illegal says it's possibly because of the Hatch Act, but that doesn't apply to the President, so it's not really an issue.
    But it would absolutely apply to any WH staffers that worked to facilitate the event, as they'd need WH staffers and campaign officials working together to plan, prepare, and execute the event.

Not that it matters, because it's the administration that determines the penalty for any potential violations. Which is why, despite repeated flagrant violations of the Hatch Act, Kelleyanne Conway has not suffered any penalties.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/s...30950851653640

And finally a Trump interview I can watch. Trump, interviewing Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

Despite complaints last year about the DoJ favoring pro-Trump groups with questionable backgrounds, Hookers for Trump has once again received a DoJ grant to the tune of just shy of $500K to combat human trafficking.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN2512IY

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.businessinsider.com/spac...sehoods-2020-8

"NASA was Closed & Dead until I got it going again. Now it is the most vibrant place of its kind on the Planet...And we have Space Force to go along with it. We have accomplished more than any Administration in first 3 1/2 years. Sorry, but it all doesn't happen with Sleepy Joe!" Trump claimed.

"Fact check:
    - NASA was neither closed nor dead at the start of the current administration.
    - Many recent NASA successes have their origins in prior administrations.
    - The Starship test the president is retweeting has nothing to do with NASA; it's a private effort by SpaceX."
    In which Trump continues to try to take credit for literally anything good happening because everything he's actually involved with is a fucking dumpster fire.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    In which Trump continues to try to take credit for literally anything good happening because everything he's actually involved with is a fucking dumpster fire.
    As well as how practically everything sent to space during Trumps tenure was planned and started before it. Space takes time.
    - Lars

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    But it would absolutely apply to any WH staffers that worked to facilitate the event, as they'd need WH staffers and campaign officials working together to plan, prepare, and execute the event.
    It's okay. It's legal on the ironclad grounds that Trump says so.

- - - Updated - - -

The NYTimes reports NYState has subpoena'd Deutche Bank.

Hmm.

By all public accounts, this is related to NYState's ongoing and expanding fraud investigation into the Trump family.

"This is so immoral! A government shouldn't undertake a one-sided purely partisan sham investigation, even if they do find evidence of a crime, just before an election! That would be an attack on the election process, and that would be wrong!"

Interesting theory. So, are you willing to declare, here and now, that if something about, say, Biden, comes from, say, the Ukrainian government, you'd decry that and also ignore it?

"Uh...."

Yeah. Thought so.

This is where I'd add one of my 24 hours challenges, asking Trump supporters to decide whether they'd take both Ukrainian info and NYState information. But I won't bother. They've already decided they'd rather back an incompetent fraudulent adulterer who now has a track record of objective failure. What's an arrest warrant going to do to change their minds?

- - - Updated - - -

As I posted earlier, Trump went on FOX News and said children were almost immune to the lethal outbreak he allowed, and therefore, schools should open.

His campaign put a video of this on FB for...some reason, that's just stupid.

Anyhow, FB removed the post containing factually false and also dangerous misinformation.

And of course, Trump and the campaign shrill "rigged" because they were caught breaking the rules and also trying to murder children.r

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    @Breccia the Deustche Bank subpoena was so immoral they complied. And the NY AG has stated he’ll have an announcement tomorrow of national importance. Hope everyone has their popcorn ready.
    whoa, where'd you see that?

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    WHAT!

/10 char
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    https://twitter.com/stephengandel/st...50085326278657

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    @Breccia the Deustche Bank subpoena was so immoral they complied. And the NY AG has stated she’ll have an announcement tomorrow of national importance. Hope everyone has their popcorn ready.
    Could be another attack on the bank itself. Let's not jump to conclusions just yet. Wake me when it happens.

On topic: remember how Trump said those statues of Confederate traitors would remain in the Capitol, because they were the states' statues? Well, turns out, they're okay with that. Virginia, NC, and Georgia[/url] have started the process of swapping out statues.

Twitter also removed Trump's dangerous, misinformative post about children being almost immune.

Fauci flat-out announces to the US that politics will not guide how vaccines are approved.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Could be another attack on the bank itself. Let's not jump to conclusions just yet. Wake me when it happens.

On topic: remember how Trump said those statues of Confederate traitors would remain in the Capitol, because they were the states' statues? Well, turns out, they're okay with that. Virginia, NC, and Georgia[/url] have started the process of swapping out statues.

Twitter also removed Trump's dangerous, misinformative post about children being almost immune.

Fauci flat-out announces to the US that politics will not guide how vaccines are approved.
    If we don't get a Dolly Parton statue in the Capitol I'm gonna fuckin riot.

55,148 new cases, about 10k fewer than last Wednesday. Florida, however, is still playing games. Fuck Florida.

Texas: 9,625 new cases; 220 deaths
    California: 5,559 new cases; 169 deaths
    Florida: 5,409 new cases; 225 deaths
    Georgia: 3,765 new cases; 63 deaths
    Illinois: 1,759 new cases; 28 deaths
    Arizona: 1,698 new cases; 87 deaths
    Tennessee: 1,657 new cases; 27 deaths
    Louisiana: 1,482 new cases; 46 deaths
    South Carolina: 1,282 new cases; 47 deaths
    Mississippi: 1,245 new cases; 51 deaths
    Ohio: 1,189 new cases; 28 deaths
    North Carolina: 1,144 new cases; 32 deaths
    Missouri: 1,111 new cases; 9 deaths
    Oklahoma: 1,101 new cases; 17 deaths

Cases continue to drop overall meaning the US likely peaked nationally around the 24th. Individual states are harder to nail down though it still seems like "the big four" of Arizona, California, Texas and Florida are declining (though not so much as Florida is trying to get away with) and others are leveling off. Still others are increasing slightly but thus far not at an "OH SHIT WE'RE FUCKED" pace. Plenty of room for that in September, or even sooner. The US will pass 5 million cases tomorrow and currently has more than 2.2 million ACTIVE cases, so shit is still fucking awful even if it's improved from horrifying to chilling.

Deaths were down from the previous Wednesday but not by a whole bunch; 1,319, putting the total at 161,601. Trump finally started realizing that his inaction and mocking of suggested COVID-19 policy is killing his own base, so maybe now that he's suddenly pulled a 180 and decided "Masks good! Nobody knew before I said so! Mail-in ballots are bigly best (if you're in Florida or Arizona)" we can start seeing the numbers kept down in the typical stupid hotbeds.

Stay safe, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    55,148 new cases, about 10k fewer than last Wednesday. Florida, however, is still playing games. Fuck Florida.

Texas: 9,625 new cases; 220 deaths
    California: 5,559 new cases; 169 deaths
    Florida: 5,409 new cases; 225 deaths
    Georgia: 3,765 new cases; 63 deaths
    Illinois: 1,759 new cases; 28 deaths
    Arizona: 1,698 new cases; 87 deaths
    Tennessee: 1,657 new cases; 27 deaths
    Louisiana: 1,482 new cases; 46 deaths
    South Carolina: 1,282 new cases; 47 deaths
    Mississippi: 1,245 new cases; 51 deaths
    Ohio: 1,189 new cases; 28 deaths
    North Carolina: 1,144 new cases; 32 deaths
    Missouri: 1,111 new cases; 9 deaths
    Oklahoma: 1,101 new cases; 17 deaths

Cases continue to drop overall meaning the US likely peaked nationally around the 24th. Individual states are harder to nail down though it still seems like "the big four" of Arizona, California, Texas and Florida are declining (though not so much as Florida is trying to get away with) and others are leveling off. Still others are increasing slightly but thus far not at an "OH SHIT WE'RE FUCKED" pace. Plenty of room for that in September, or even sooner. The US will pass 5 million cases tomorrow and currently has more than 2.2 million ACTIVE cases, so shit is still fucking awful even if it's improved from horrifying to chilling.

Deaths were down from the previous Wednesday but not by a whole bunch; 1,319, putting the total at 161,601. Trump finally started realizing that his inaction and mocking of suggested COVID-19 policy is killing his own base, so maybe now that he's suddenly pulled a 180 and decided "Masks good! Nobody knew before I said so! Mail-in ballots are bigly best (if you're in Florida or Arizona)" we can start seeing the numbers kept down in the typical stupid hotbeds.

Stay safe, folks.
    I dont want to sound like a doomsayer, but remember that Dotard Tang is dead set on opening schools.

Florida isn’t playing games, they halted testing due to Isaias. This was known before the storm was scheduled to impact the area.
    I've already mentioned that in a few of my past updates and several of those sites have already reopened. Many on Monday. They're still playing games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    I dont want to sound like a doomsayer, but remember that Dotard Tang is dead set on opening schools.
    Yep, mentioned that too. Check the link: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ge...cid=spartanntp

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post

Yep, mentioned that too. Check the link: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ge...cid=spartanntp

How do you say in english "Esto será una carniceria"? Because i'm afraid that's what'll happen, sadly.

You know turn around times on tests have increased significantly right? My buddy’s wife, who is an RN in Richmond, VA, had an 8 day wait to find out if she was sick after she displayed symptoms.
    Yep. I also know they've now had--according to them--several days to clear up the backlog. This was listed by them as a positive for having the sites closed. They're playing games.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    How do you say in english "Esto será una carniceria"? Because i'm afraid that's what'll happen, sadly.
    Oof, it's been ages since I learned any Spanish (and I know Portuguese isn't the same, don't hate me!) and since then I've had French and Dutch crammed into my head, but I'm going to assume that was something along the lines of "this will be a slaughter". I do not disagree. EDIT: Actually, I'm going to change that to "this will be carnage" because that probably fits better. I am open to being 100% wrong on that, though.