Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    I mean, a certain significant element of Ukranian politics is Russia, as its satellite/subordinate.
    You're basically saying, "the russian political machine has been adept at subordinating internal ukrainian politics and placing their agents throughout their political structure." I just don't know if you know that's what you're saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo addressed the 2020 Republican National Convention in a recorded video message from Jerusalem in a norm-breaking and possibly illegal speech to the political event.

More norms by this administration and by norms illegal business as usual. I love the virtual signaling of being in Jerusalem. Nothing like catering to the crazy religious right where they think one day we have to be in a country where the rapture/apocalypse will happen in their fantasy.

- - - Updated - - -

Maine lobsterman Jason Joyce: "4 years ago, the Obama-Biden Admin. used the Antiquities Act to order thousands of square miles of ocean off-limits to commercial fishermen... Although Maine's lobsterman don't fish there, Pres. Obama's executive order offended us greatly.

Haha! WTH is this? They couldn't fish there but he was offended? I mean like WTF?

It's good to see that this he is a speaker at the convention. It shows that like most Trump voters they are offended by change around them and have no political principal and also Trump did something that really has no effect on the American people but he boasts that it was a major accomplishment.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    How desperate is Trump for people to speak for him that McEnemy joints the TNC list? That's humiliating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Secretary of State Mike Pompeo addressed the 2020 Republican National Convention in a recorded video message from Jerusalem in a norm-breaking and possibly illegal speech to the political event.

More norms by this administration and by norms illegal business as usual. I love the virtual signaling of being in Jerusalem. Nothing like catering to the crazy religious right where they think one day we have to be in a country where the rapture/apocalypse will happen in their fantasy.

- - - Updated - - -

Maine lobsterman Jason Joyce: "4 years ago, the Obama-Biden Admin. used the Antiquities Act to order thousands of square miles of ocean off-limits to commercial fishermen... Although Maine's lobsterman don't fish there, Pres. Obama's executive order offended us greatly.

Haha! WTH is this? They couldn't fish there but he was offended? I mean like WTF?

It's good to see that this he is a speaker at the convention. It shows that like most Trump voters they are offended by change around them and have no political principal and also Trump did something that really has no effect on the American people but he boasts that it was a major accomplishment.
    I cant watch it right now, why is it norm-breaking and possibly illegal (the Pompeo one)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Iran, IAEA to issue statement on nuclear cooperation

Iran and the U.N. atomic watchdog will shortly issue a joint statement on nuclear cooperation, an Iranian official said, speaking while the agency’s chief was in Tehran seeking access for his inspectors to two suspected former nuclear sites.

“With the agreement reached, the legal and technical approach will be further strengthened in the continuation of cooperation between the two sides,” the unnamed official told Iran’s Nournews website, linked to the Revolutionary Guards.

“The joint statement will be published simultaneously in Tehran and Vienna within hours.”

International Atomic Energy Agency Director-General Rafael Grossi is in the Iranian capital pushing for clearance for IAEA inspectors to examine two suspected former atomic sites.

Iranian nuclear agency chief Ali Akbar Salehi said on Tuesday talks with Grossi were constructive, which some insiders said could indicate Iran has agreed to grant the IAEA access to the two sites after a months-long standoff.

The IAEA wants Iran to let its inspectors into the sites because the agency suspects they could still host undeclared nuclear material, or traces of it.

Iran said Grossi’s visit was unrelated to a U.S. move last week at the U.N. Security Council to reinstate U.N. sanctions against Tehran lifted under its 2015 nuclear deal with world powers, from which the United States has withdrawn.
    I don't buy "unrelated" for a second. But I think Iran is doing an excellent job trolling Trump, and the UN is basically playing along.

Fuck you fatty, you don't get to eat both overcooked burgers and then demand a refund.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    I cant watch it right now, why is it norm-breaking and possibly illegal (the Pompeo one)?
    Administration officials aren't allowed to work in a campaign. It's called the Hatch Act. We've talked about it a lot because Team Trump keeps breaking it.

Pompeo was on an official US trip on official US taxpayer money. He then campaigned for Trump, and you...(checks location)...we paid for it. That's illegal.

- - - Updated - - -

In an economic double-whammy, Axios reports

1) China is buying less than half of the Phase One agreed-upon amounts of pretty much everything, and

2) US imports from China jumped sharply last month.

Yesterday, I posted that Trump could technically claim that he shrunk the US-China trade gap, because both imports and exports were lower. That statement is now at risk of going from "technically correct" to "flat-out false".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuarta.../#7aac27bc56c0

trump has reduced legal immigration by 50%
    And America is worse off for it. Trump Supporters aren't the ones filling engineering, tech and medical jobs that we import qualified people for.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    @Breccia nailed it. To let you know and others this is horrible. Making it seem that the US government is endorsing a political campaign gives the US public a show of partisanship and distrust.

Yeah, the icing on the cake, is this is taxpayer money of Pompeo in another country as a political background. But hey, Trump is using the White House.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    And America is worse off for it. Trump Supporters aren't the ones filling engineering, tech and medical jobs that we import qualified people for.
    And good ole' boy MAGA hats have demonstrate a lack of willingness to pick vegetables and fruits.

EDIT: Oh, legal immigration. Damn. That does suck.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

- - - Updated - - -

The entire convention is just a mishmash of horror and ignorance (along with a Scarface size bowl of cocaine). Comparing the two conventions side by side, you would think they were different countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    By most accounts, he's a pretty good person now. That said, "being a good person" is not itself the threshhold of a pardon. Trump has met the guy before at least once, they prayed together in the WH in 2018. So your argument is even stronger than you realized.

Oh, and another updated story, the number of states taking the $300 Trump E.O. is up to 30 which is a big change from last time. It should be noted that the number still stand: FEMA said they have 3 weeks tops without Congress following through, and Trump already blocked any such negotiations. FEMA might normally be able to scrape more together, but there's a hurricane aimed at Texas, and not even W's FEMA would be that reckless.
    its only expected to be a stronk cat 3 or low 4...why would FEMA need the money that sill Liberals said "how can you do that during Huricane, Tornado and Fire season..we are going to need that money real soon."

Shocking another bad decision all just to get re-elected
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    its only expected to be a stronk cat 3 or low 4
    Wait, fucking seriously? God dammit, we don't need this right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Wait, fucking seriously? God dammit, we don't need this right now!
    did not take long....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/to...?ocid=msedgntp

Storm now Category 4, 'unsurvivable storm surge' expected
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

did not take long....

I feel bad for the people that are going to lose everything, but I think that ill be losing my sanity due to work if it floods like Harvey. Im already stressed enough with my workload and i dont need another 100+ vehicle flood claims

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    did not take long....

From the article:
    "Unsurvivable storm surge with large and destructive waves will cause catastrophic damage from Sea Rim State Park, Texas, to Intracoastal City, Louisiana, including Calcasieu and Sabine Lakes," the NWS said in a statement. "This surge could penetrate up to 30 miles inland from the immediate coastline. Only a few hours remain to protect life and property and all actions should be rushed to completion."
    Is that saying the ocean will go inland up to 30 miles?!?!?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    No, the storm will... wait a minute... actually... uhm... run for your fucking lives bitches!!!! This is horrifying...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Storm goes to Cat 4, parents and brother in Houston, friends right in the path on TX/LA border. FEMA under Trump.

Shit got really real, really fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

From the article:

Yes GTFO NOW while you still can.

The entire convention is just a mishmash of horror and ignorance (along with a Scarface size bowl of cocaine). Comparing the two conventions side by side, you would think they were different countries.
    Post might fit better in General Election thread, but meh. It is a disaster and all they are doing is fear mongering and actually promoting they will be more fascist, more corrupt and divide this country more. The problem is I thought this was the same convention in 2016. People then said it was dark and was based a doomed United States. Trump still won.

Now this is a different election followed by much that has happened but I am saying that the Trumpers and others are not phased or believe this crap. So lets hope once again we find enough sane people who will do the right thing in November.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Storm goes to Cat 4, parents and brother in Houston, friends right in the path on TX/LA border. FEMA under Trump.

Shit got really real, really fast.
    Yeah I just got done talking with my pops in Houston. He’s hunkering down and I can’t convince him to leave.