10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yetanothernewbie View Post
    But the Founding Fathers could have never forseen soup in cans! We need Soup Control!
    It's in their paperwork though. The SeCANd Amendment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    I don't want to live in this dystopian future where a man can walk down the street bearing Minestrone or, God have mercy on us all, New England Clam Chowder.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    With a complete lack of self-awareness or irony, the Trump campaign is demanding that CNN fire Joe Lockhart for 'knowingly pushing a conspiracy theory' about Trumps health.

Never mind that their campaign is like at least 90% conspiracy theories.
    The take-home is that cancel culture is perfectly ok, as long as it’s Trump and his flying monkeys doing the cancelling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh... is that why they hate MexiCANs and are killing AmeriCANs? That’s a spin on a joke my gf’s dad once told me about shooting cans...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So fucking stupid... They are making the case that people in higher risk pools are actually immune to Covid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    The take-home is that cancel culture is perfectly ok, as long as it’s Trump and his flying monkeys doing the cancelling.
    There is no such thing... the only difference between this and what has literally been happening for all of history, is that it’s one of the few times in history, the unwashed masses are doing the cancelling... not government or religious authority. It’s why Trump supporters see no issue or hypocrisy in Trump campaigning on cancelling all news media, excluding fox. A populist government official, waving an upside down bible, is probably the best representation of “cancel culture”, before these same people called it “cancel culture”...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

‘Cold soup is a myth. Prove me wrong’ - Steven Chowder.

"Cancel culture" is nothing more than people exercising their free speech.

Nobody is forcing you to listen to them, or to do what they say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Oh... is that why they hate MexiCANs and are killing AmeriCANs? That’s a spin on a joke my gf’s dad once told me about shooting cans..
    And Puerto RiCANs.

When I did hospice I was taking a patient to a therapy appointment, a guy at the hospital who worked there said to some hispanic guys hauling soiled linen carts "Are you guys mexiCANs or mexiCAN'Ts?".
    Dead silence. No one looked at him. I think it's safe to assume he was abruptly unemployed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    And Puerto RiCANs.

When I did hospice I was taking a patient to a therapy appointment, a guy at the hospital who worked there said to some hispanic guys hauling soiled linen carts "Are you guys mexiCANs or mexiCAN'Ts?".
    Dead silence. No one looked at him. I think it's safe to assume he was abruptly unemployed.
    No, this was worse... the “joke’s” set up is... “Do you want to go shoot some cans?”... Yeah, he tried to work “Russicans” into the joke, but it didn’t work.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post

Nobody is forcing you to listen to them, or to do what they say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    There is no such thing... the only difference between this and what has literally been happening for all of history, is that it’s one of the few times in history, the unwashed masses are doing the cancelling... not government or religious authority. It’s why Trump supporters see no issue or hypocrisy in Trump campaigning on cancelling all news media, excluding fox. A populist government official, waving an upside down bible, is probably the best representation of “cancel culture”, before these same people called it “cancel culture”...
    Yep, I just enjoy highlighting the hypocrisy of the professional victimhood that GOP supporters routinely engage in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, I just enjoy highlighting the hypocrisy of the professional victimhood that GOP supporters routinely engage in.
    “Cancel cancel culture” is about as enlightened as “get government out of my medicare” or “tolerating intolerance is the true meaning of tolerance”.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is false.

It's also capitalism. If a business says or does something you find objectionable, you can spend your money somewhere else.

Businesses and business owners can express their opinions by their actions, and so are their customers. If a business does not want to lose customers by, say, taking an extreme position publicly, they may do that. If they're willing to say "this is how we feel, and if you don't like it, shop somewhere else" they may do that. (Until they break the law by, say, taking public money but still refusing to serve homosexuals)

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, I just enjoy highlighting the hypocrisy
    Don't we all. It's like shooting large fish in a small barrel these days.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump wants Biden to take a drug test before the debates.

"You already posted that."

He said it again.

Trump on Tuesday reiterated his call for both candidates to take a drug test ahead of the presidential debates this month, claiming without evidence that Democratic nominee Joe Biden is "on some kind of an enhancement."

"He’s on some kind of an enhancement in my opinion," Trump told Laura Ingraham on Fox News. "And I say we should both — I should take a drug test, so should he. Because we don’t want to have a situation where a guy is taking some kind of…

"It’s like athletes?" Ingraham asked, seeking clarity on what Trump was alleging.

"No. No. I want to take one," Trump said. "I’ll take one, he’ll take one. we should both take a drug test."
    Trump is doing something uniquely Trumpian: handwaving reports that he had multiple strokes, while demanding Biden take a drug test based on the same evidence. None.

He said it again.

Trump is doing something uniquely Trumpian: handwaving reports that he had multiple strokes, while demanding Biden take a drug test based on the same evidence. None.
    Does aderall show up on drug tests?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Thing is, we now have evidence that Trump is on “some kind of enhancement.” The evidence is that he is accusing someone else of juicing. Trump lies about everything, all the time, regardless of need, benefit, or lack of either (see “they want to get rid of seals to help the sharks”). Dollars to hamberders if Biden actually agrees to a test, Trump will either:

A) “Forget” to take one in turn

or

B) Claim to have already taken the bestest, most bigliest test and say that docs were amazed at how clean Trump is (which, naturally is a result that no one except Trump and his imaginary doctors will ever see).

This is false.

It's also capitalism. If a business says or does something you find objectionable, you can spend your money somewhere else.

Businesses and business owners can express their opinions by their actions, and so are their customers. If a business does not want to lose customers by, say, taking an extreme position publicly, they may do that. If they're willing to say "this is how we feel, and if you don't like it, shop somewhere else" they may do that. (Until they break the law by, say, taking public money but still refusing to serve homosexuals)

- - - Updated - - -

Don't we all. It's like shooting large fish in a small barrel these days.

- - - Updated - - -

He said it again.

Of course it's also capitalism, because capitalism is simply a manifestation of that freedom of speech (as well as freedom of association).

Or, as they say, speak with your wallet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course it's also capitalism, because capitalism is simply a manifestation of that freedom of speech (as well as freedom of association).

Or, as they say, speak with your wallet.
    I can't argue with that.

On topic: it's time for Guess the Speaker!

I think everything he does turns into a circus and I just didn’t want to be involved in it
    "That could be literally anyone."

Yes, but in this case, it's Tom Gram, whose wife I'm not banging in the shower.

Gram owns Rode's Camera Shop, which was damaged recently. Trump used it as a photo op, asking Gram to be part of it. Gram declined. So Trump found the former owner, Rode, did the photo op anyway, and called Rode the current owner to give the dishonest impression of authority.

In other words, Trump lied. Again.

Do your job. I think he needs to bring this country together rather than divide it. I think there’s a lot of good people in this community and to say that only law enforcement is correct is not the message we need to hear right now.
    During Trump's visit, he was repeatedly asked about the shooting and repeatedly refused to answer. Just a reminder: while I do not support violence as a political method, that's literally terrorism, if people are being murdered by the government and there are no legal consequences, you should expect illegal consequences. Ignoring one side of the equation gives you a problem you cannot solve. If yoiu find yourself preaching about Law and Order in order to defend murderers, you might be the baddies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    The Commission for Presidential Debates will not require a drug test. Trump doesn't get what he wants just because he says so.

Again, I hope that, if Trump refuses to debate by making up an excuse (literally, there's as much evidence Biden is doping as Trump had a stroke) that the "debates" continue, with Biden appearing on every network unopposed to answer whatever questions he wants for two hours. Trump tweeting from the peanut gallery IN ALL CAPS does not count as debating.

But I don't think Team Trump will let that happen. Trump would rather show up and make unfounded claims "Hey Biden, you're taking drugs" that lose free publicity.

- - - Updated - - -

In a new Gallup poll, 50% of Americans fear bankrupcty due to medical costs. That's up 5% this year.

"But Breccia! The ACA says they have to have insurance, which has a maximum they can be charged, so bankr--"

And Trump removed that. Right before a lethal outbreak.

Oof. OOOOOOF.

Sarah Sanders says Trump told her to go to North Korea and take ‘one for the team’ after Kim Jong Un winked at her

President Donald Trump told former press secretary Sarah Sanders to go to North Korea and take “one for the team,” after Kim Jong Un appeared to wink at her, she claims in a new memoir.

Sanders recounts an incident during a summit between Trump and Kim Jong Un in Singapore in 2018, when ‘Kim nodded and appeared to wink at me.’

“Well, Sarah, that settles it. You’re going to North Korea and taking one for the team! Your husband and kids will miss you, but you’ll be a hero to your country!” Sanders reports Trump as saying
    Now, before the resident Trumptards have a conniption, yes, he's obviously Joking™, but it's still pretty horrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Now, before the resident Trumptards have a conniption, yes, he's obviously Joking™, but it's still pretty horrible.
    Needs more context.

“Kim Jong Un hit on you!” Trump said, according to Sanders. “He did! He f*****g hit on you!”

Sanders replied: “Sir, please stop.”

Trump then reportedly said: “Well, Sarah, that settles it. You’re going to North Korea and taking one for the team! Your husband and kids will miss you, but you’ll be a hero to your country!”

Trump and Kelly then “howled with laughter,” according to Sanders.
    Hah hah! Being pressured into sex by your boss is funny!

Has Wilbur Ross been the secret head of Antifa this whole time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    Has Wilbur Ross been the secret head of Antifa this whole time?
    You're really going to need to explain this post.