10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    "A lot of that, as the NYT story says, is coming due soon."
    Trump businesses have been losing money. Again, the NYTimes said he lost like $50 million in 2018, lied, and claimed he earned $400 million. Oh, and that's not considering the hit from COVID-19 since this is about his tax returns and 2020 hasn't been taxed yet. It seems unlikely Trump can solve his debt problem by selling stuff off. He'd need a buyer, and I don't think he'll get them. Well, not soon, in any event. Remember 666 5th Ave? That was a chore, and the outbreak hadn't happened yet. Trump has to do that a dozen or more times, without the benefit of a partner eager to sell.

Of course, there's another option.

Bankruptcy.

Again.

It's likely Trump put these loans into some kind of LLC or whatever, meaning in each case he'll "only" lose the property but not his own money. Personally, I want to see a bank scrape Trump's name off what used to be his tower. Maybe Trump can see it through his window at Riker's.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    A debt that is due in the near future i might add.
    Trump does not have any kind of immunity to debts just because he lives in the White House.

almost as if capitalism is some kind of pyramid scheme

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of Trump losing in court:

1) One judge halted Trump's TikTok ban. Yep, TikTok's on the clock, and the party don't stop, no, ohohoho, ho ho!

2) And yet another judge ordered Trump's dismantling of the USPS to end[/url].

Trump does nothing but lose. Yes, it's mostly money, but his court record is a lot like the Philadelphia Eagle's 2020 record so far. He's lucky to get a tie.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Speculation here but it might be more of Pascale knowing or participating in Trump fleecing the campaign donors.

Remember this new story and what we know is Trump is a con man running a type of shell game.

Trump likely took so much money from campaign like the stories of over charging for his hotels and property.

Now I admit most of it is probably not illegal since this is how our politics work. I can even admit if Trump steals from rich donors, who let's face it the money is nothing to them, I have no sympathy.

Ah late night I rambled. In short it might be to shady campaign money and if used properly on the campaign, not personally lining Pascale and Trump's pockets.
    Interesting. We KNOW that Trump used his "Foundation" as a checking account - and that was strictly regulated, so much so that it was shut down after his election. There is no FEC right now and campaign coffers have been noticeably drained over the past three years ($1.2B raised since announcement for reelection in 2017, now less than $200M left). It's entirely possible that Trump set up an environment that allowed those in positions of power to pilfer it. Pascale did come from nowhere in 2016 and is now a multi-millionaire.

Pascale might know a LOT of shady shit, and the pressure of knowing that plus the fact that Trump throws everyone under the bus might have caused him to crack.

Plus, ya know, cocaine is a helluva drug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Pascale might know a LOT of shady shit, and the pressure of knowing that plus the fact that Trump throws everyone under the bus might have caused him to crack.
    The guy's clearly in a bad state, and I hope he gets the help he needs. Suicide is not the answer to "I might have to return all that money I stole".

Pascale's still on the payroll, incidentally, but after being demoted he basically cleared out his desk and left. Hasn't been in the office for a week. Granted, I did that the week before last, but that's because I was visiting Graham's wife and otherwise occupied. It's unlikely his issues will directly affect Trump's campaign. That damage was done when he was demoted and stopped working. Of course, the morale blow is likely to stun. After all, Trump repaid the person most responsible for his success in 2016 so "well" that he tried to shoot himself.

Boys (and gals) never do cocaine.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The guy's clearly in a bad state, and I hope he gets the help he needs. Suicide is not the answer to "I might have to return all that money I stole".

Pascale's still on the payroll, incidentally, but after being demoted he basically cleared out his desk and left. Hasn't been in the office for a week. Granted, I did that the week before last, but that's because I was visiting Graham's wife and otherwise occupied. It's unlikely his issues will directly affect Trump's campaign. That damage was done when he was demoted and stopped working. Of course, the morale blow is likely to stun. After all, Trump repaid the person most responsible for his success in 2016 so "well" that he tried to shoot himself.
    I do hope he get some help.

Have to wonder what's really going on to have him stare into the abyss that long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ads for Joe Biden are already running with a hefty $750 price tag.

- - - Updated - - -

Have to wonder what's really going on to have him stare into the abyss that long.
    No, I thought you nailed it perfectly. He knew people were coming to take all the money he stole.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Excellent. That is a terrific ad - nailed the issue without any adding other baggage.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is another trap waiting for any Trump supporter who dares say "well he didn't pay taxes so what?"

It means they never get to complain about welfare fraud, ever again. If Trump made $400 million (as he claims he did) and paid $750 in taxes, he's taking advantage of the system more than anyone who ever used food stamps to buy a steak. By about six orders of magnitude.

Excellent. That is a terrific ad - nailed the issue without any adding other baggage.
    "Lower taxes for everyone!!!"

Come on, you know that's going to be the response to this.

10+ Year Old Account
    So author of this thread is claiming debt owed closer to $1.1 billion.
    And I thought my school loans were bad . . .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    A debt that is due in the near future i might add.
    You know what pisses me off?

Besides the cronyism, stupidity, ignorance, neopotisim, authoritarianism, racism, grifting, and fascism, of course

The fact that I, as a US Air Force Reservist, would have had my security clearance (Secret) revoked, and been removed from my position, and probably discharged, for an outstanding debt of far less. A US Captain lost his commission (according to Finance anyways) due to an unpaid debt of *just* $1000. Yet this fucking moron with a tribble for a hairpiece gets to be President in control of nuclear missiles?

But I'd lose my job putting pallets on C-5s . . .

- - - Updated - - -

That was fast. Did they use Saul Goodman Productions?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Oop, looks like we got our distraction: Project Veritas is trying to trend some nonsense conspiracy theory about ballot harvesting.
    Hmm

Only sources I can find on this are the likes of Brietbart, the New York Post, and the National Review, all either rags or with a severe right wing slant, and from James O'Keefe who was literally sued for doctoring videos.

Gonna call bullshit on this.
    Putin khuliyo

Yeah the tax bombshell dropped so they're just throwing shit against the wall with the usual O'Keefe manufactured nonsense. Be prepared for finger pointing in every possible direction on top of all the excuses for why it's okay to be a tax fraud and 400+ million in debt as president.

Sorry Trump supporters, you're not gonna distract your way out of this one. It's not even October yet. I'm half expecting for someone to leak the pee tape.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Yeah the tax bombshell dropped so they're just throwing shit against the wall with the usual O'Keefe manufactured nonsense. Be prepared for finger pointing in every possible direction on top of all the excuses for why it's okay to be a tax fraud and 400+ million in debt as president.

Sorry Trump supporters, you're not gonna distract your way out of this one. It's not even October yet. I'm half expecting for someone to leak the pee tape.
    Well, the New York Times has already said they have more coming in the next few weeks, soo...
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Well, the New York Times has already said they have more coming in the next few weeks, soo...
    NYT might be playing the long game, and having their own 'breaking news' stories about these taxes to overshadow whatever manufactured outrage Trump's camp will inevitably toss out as a distraction.

Though if I was Trump's camp I'd be putting the screws to Congress to get the Supreme Court hearings up and ready. Either the news collectively ignores Trump's taxes to cover it - and the shitshow surrounding it - or the focus remains on the Tax story and Barret can get her seat without a media circus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    NYT might be playing the long game, and having their own 'breaking news' stories about these taxes to overshadow whatever manufactured outrage Trump's camp will inevitably toss out as a distraction.

Though if I was Trump's camp I'd be putting the screws to Congress to get the Supreme Court hearings up and ready. Either the news collectively ignores Trump's taxes to cover it - and the shitshow surrounding it - or the focus remains on the Tax story and Barret can get her seat without a media circus.
    I figure they realize that if they stagger the stories out they get to dominate the news cycle for a bit and it keeps a steady stream of blows to Trump and keeping him off balance in October.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    I figure they realize that if they stagger the stories out they get to dominate the news cycle for a bit and it keeps a steady stream of blows to Trump and keeping him off balance in October.
    Yeah that's what I meant to say but worded it badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Oop, looks like we got our distraction: Project Veritas is trying to trend some nonsense conspiracy theory about ballot harvesting.
    I like that they dropped it in the middle of the night on a work night in the U.S., right in time for their GRU friends in Russia to amplify it to ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY FOUR THOUSAND TWEETS. NFL games don't get that kind of action on Sunday afternoons, and they're always on the top of the current trending.

It boggles my mind how anyone can take Project "Veritas" with any semblance of seriousness, yet all the usual suspects, Jack Posobiec, Brietbart, etc, are amplifying the "explosive" evidence of ballot harvesting which amounts to a video of a guy with a bunch of envelopes in his car IN JUNE FOR THE NOVEMBER ELECTION which don't even match MN absentee ballots, and him claiming he's a "former political operative" in these shenanigans.

I especially like how this "former political operative" said his supposed job was to bully Somali immigrants to fill out absentee ballots for Ilhan Omar......when that's literally her most popular demographic, as she herself is a Somali immigrant.

In 2018, Trump's fiscal disclosure form (not taxes) said he made over $400 million.

The NYTimes story says Trump actually lost $47 million, and yes, used that to his tax advantage.

If Trump actually did both, he lied on a federal form. That's a felony. Where the hell is @cubby when you need him?
    One is revenue. The other was profit / loss. Theres a difference.

The "issue" here is overclaiming deductions for tax purposes. Like how his admin expenses went up 5 fold from one year to the next or how he managed to claim Ivankas beauty expenses as business ones etc etc.
    Last edited by Deja Thoris; 2020-09-28 at 07:27 AM.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...mid=tw-nytimes
    -easy to follow compilation of events.

It really is a shame that people accepted his excuses for not disclosing his taxes like every other candidate had done since Nixon. Now you got people that are entrenched in defending this inexcusable amount of financial criminality on top of the political division that has led to regular protests and rioting and people killing and beating each other over this crook who's just trying to navigate a way to keep the con going.