7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    2 of the gop members have the rona. If they had to hold the meeting on the floor, and they were barred from entering the chamber because, you know, the rona, they wouldn't get her out of committee. That's the whole reason I made the point that committee meetings don't have to be held on the floor, and they can hold them via teleconference.
    The committee vote isn't the confirmation vote, it's just the first step in the process and most visible one because that's were the vetting arguments occur. The floor vote is the 9ne thst puts her on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    My bet is that Trump is likely never going back to Walter Reade. They're more likely to Woodrow Wilson him at this point.
    If he doesn’t restart the rallies, everybody will know what’s up. You can cover up the problems for 20 sec videoclips, but not for an hour long speech.

It sounds absolutely insane to say this (go figure) but his health is actually not the driving factor here; the optics and Trump's whims are. He doesn't like being in the hospital because it makes him look week and cuts him off from his rallies, and Trump being in hospital in the run up to the election is just a generally bad look for any candidate for office.

My bet is that Trump is likely never going back to Walter Reade. They're more likely to Woodrow Wilson him at this point.
    We may actually be witnessing a man committing suicide. Those drugs are going to cause a crash of epic proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    ...wut? They didn't have cameras ready to grab broll for his "TRUMP TRIUMPHANT IN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID!" propaganda video?

Sad.

(got a link?)

From @Acosta and @AlliemalCNN :

A couple minutes after POTUS entered the WH, he came back outside with several people and a camera crew to apparently reshoot his entrance into the White House. He was not wearing a mask at any point during this.
    https://twitter.com/kristin__wilson/...895137293?s=19
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2020-10-05 at 11:58 PM.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...43541959737349

And he's already tweeting about getting back to campaigning. Honestly...fuck it Donald, risk yourself and your audience. I wanna see you try to make it through an hour long event without coughing or laboring for breath.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Damn, I guess they'll miss out on that salute to Marine One as it took off...unless they drag the helicopter back to do it again. WHY ARE YOU LETTING THIS SICK MAN OUT AT NIGHT REPEATEDLY WHEN HE LOOKS LIKE HE NEEDS A FUCKIN NAP : |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    We may actually be witnessing a man committing suicide. Those drugs are going to cause a crash of epic proportions.
    Yep.

Again, hard to be certain because we don't know the timeline and we don't know exactly what treatments they've been giving him; it could be very bad, but it could also just be "somewhat bad" and they're hiding it for the sake of optics.

Oh, probably a good time to mention that mania, paranoia, and psychosis are documented side effects of dexamethasone. Which his doctors have confirmed he's on. So... Yeah. The Emperor is on an amphetamine bender with no one to stop him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account

Sounds like it's very likely to be tax fraud.

But I guess we'll see.
    Putin khuliyo

I am reminded of the days when people were saying Hillary’s body was falling apart.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    The floor vote is the 9ne thst puts her on the bench.
    Right, which doesn't happen without the committee vote. The nomination has to get to the floor for a floor vote. They'd have to change senate rules to get it there without a committee vote. Admittedly, it's within mcconnels power to do so if he has the votes for it, but that might be more difficult than you'd think. Voting to confirm is one thing. Voting to change the rules to allow you to confirm is a bit different. It'd be the second time in 3 years the GOP has used the nuclear option, and would essentially end the 60 vote requirement for the senate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    I am reminded of the days when people were saying Hillary’s body was falling apart.
    Except 4 years later she's still alive and kicking, and funnier on Twitter than she ever was. Meanwhile, Trump actually has a deadly virus that he's treating pretty damned casually.

Back on topic - https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/s...56224272584704

Spoke to MD again: Dexamethasone is long-acting, so he won't crash for awhile. Probably on 3 day of 10 day regimen. However he won't sleep and will get crazier and crazier, even for him. So, hold tight. It's gonna be a wild ride.
    Boy, this week may get wilder and wilder.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    Hillary had Covid? You guys miss her this much to bring up something unrelated. Hillary didn't have something that is so deadly to seniors.

May the gods have mercy on the tenured service staff at the White House.
    I genuinely hope they strike unless the WH changes their tune and starts requiring people to not put everyone in there at risk, including Trump.

Seriously, make Trump and his political appointees dump their own garbage and clean their own windows. Let them run the vacuum down the halls and on all the stairs. Let them mop floors and wipe down surfaces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except 4 years later she's still alive and kicking, and funnier on Twitter than she ever was. Meanwhile, Trump actually has a deadly virus that he's treating pretty damned casually.

Back on topic - https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/s...56224272584704

Boy, this week may get wilder and wilder.
    This man has the nuclear launch coooooodes.

I genuinely hope they strike unless the WH changes their tune and starts requiring people to not put everyone in there at risk, including Trump.

Seriously, make Trump and his political appointees dump their own garbage and clean their own windows. Let them run the vacuum down the halls and on all the stairs. Let them mop floors and wipe down surfaces.
    I really look forward to see if people like McConnell go see him behind closed doors to keep up the charade.

Trump is floating that he's immune to covid now.....

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...67615083761665

Nevermind. May Trump suffer, and suffer bigly. May this sideline him until the election hits, preventing him from campaigning.

This is dangerous rhetoric and will get more people killed. He learned nothing from getting the coronavirus. Nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Trump is floating that he's immune to covid now.....
    Counterpoint:

"There’s something downright poetic about the possibility that — after years of being forced to watch Trump’s every move on TV — we might be getting to watch him die."

2020 would fuckin' be this on the nose about "corrupt leader perishing of a wasting illness that his hubris unleashed upon his own realm".

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...67615083761665

Nevermind. May Trump suffer, and suffer bigly. May this sideline him until the election hits, preventing him from campaigning.

This is dangerous rhetoric and will get more people killed. He learned nothing from getting the coronavirus. Nothing.
    I'll pray that he gets what he deserves. Even if im atheist, the twat deserves to suffer for all the pain he's inflicted.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    This is really the only way this could have ended, any other outcome would have been a surprise.

I would not even be surpised if it got leaked that he(and those involved) faked the whole Trump having Covid thing.