Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I'm confused, doesn't the 25th amendment transfer presidential power to Pence? Why is everyone saying Pelosi is trying to stage a coup?
    Because they either don't understand how government works--which is horrifying but not shocking for the current crop of GOP politicians--or they're intentionally misstating it to rile up their willfully ignorant base.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    That's why he and Pence changed strategies to JUST YELL LOUDER.
    Pence was yelling in the debate? That is not good. I have not sat down to watch it yet.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

I'm confused, doesn't the 25th amendment transfer presidential power to Pence? Why is everyone saying Pelosi is trying to stage a coup?
    Because those people are retarded.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I wasn't on the "GREEN SCREEN!" train...but now I am. You can absolutely see the short loop if you look at those trees in his video.

I mean, it's BETTER that Trump isn't walking around the lawn with covid but like...holy shit that's fucking pathetic.
    It's not actually a green screen, guys. That flicker is most likely just the natural spacing of the video compression's i-frames. It's just normal compression artifacting.

If you take the zoomed in video and manually drag the video slider bar, you can see that it's not actually resetting every 3 seconds. In fact, you can see a gust of wind push the tree foliage to the left around the 1:05 marker of the video.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Because Republicans are desperately trying to gaslight the country.

That or because they know something about the status of Pence's health that we don't...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    The "hiding in a bunker" line came from Biden's disappearance from the public eye for weeks at a time earlier this year.
    No, that was the "basement".

The line came from when Trump hid in a bunker because there were protesters outside of the White House.

Pence was yelling in the debate? That is not good. I have not sat down to watch it yet.
    Pence was great a smart and calm man making good statements.
    The yelling i did not see at all btw.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    It's not actually a green screen, guys. That flicker is most likely just the natural spacing of the video compression's i-frames. It's just normal compression artifacting.

If you take the zoomed in video and manually drag the video slider bar, you can see that it's not actually resetting every 3 seconds. In fact, you can see a gust of wind push the tree foliage to the left around the 1:05 marker of the video.
    Looks like you're right, just REALLY weird that the unfocused background seems to "reset" so often. Is that a Twitter compression thing or are they using some fucky internal compression?

10+ Year Old Account
    During the debate? No.
    Thank you for admitting Trump made accusations without evidence.

Biden was there in person, so I do not know what you are asking. .
    Thank you for admitting Trump amde accusations without evidence. You're being very helpful today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like you're right, just REALLY weird that the unfocused background seems to "reset" so often. Is that a Twitter compression thing or are they using some fucky internal compression?
    That's sort of the nature of i-frames in video compression. I-frames are "index" frames (or keyframes), which are the full image. Other "frames" are really more like changelogs from the most recent (or sometimes next) i-frame. When you set the compression, you can determine how far apart you want the i-frames. Further apart will save on data, but tend to lose some quality. That being said, the clearer the picture is, the easier it is to use p-frames and b-frames without a loss of clarity. The fact that the background was blurred to begin with, as well as the fact that the video was probably encoded (or even re-encoded by twitter, possibly) with the thought of internet streaming likely just made the situation way worse. It also appears that they used only p-frames instead of b-frames, which makes sense for a streaming content as well.

More on the subject...

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    You probably should. He was talking over the moderator constantly, going over time, and also interrupting Harris. Sixteen times. People counted.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    In a move I can only describe as 'Startling if only because of how on brand and predictable it is' : Trump Campaign official Jason Miller had an interview with Fox News and seemed to infer that either Governor Whitmer deserved to be kidnapped because she was being 'mean', or is pulling some intellectually dishonest 'B-B-BUT BOTH SIDEZ!!' horseshit that still sounds like victims blaming.

Has a lot of the same energy as our own Resident Pearl Clutchers simpering about the left being 'mean' or 'angry'.

Alliance

I wasn't on the "GREEN SCREEN!" train...but now I am. You can absolutely see the short loop if you look at those trees in his video.
    Will say the "jump" in the video every three seconds is not a loop. If you follow any specific "blotch" of leaves, it will not move the same way after each jump. As well, Trump himself is affected by the jump, and he is obviously not looped.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

You probably should. He was talking over the moderator constantly, going over time, and also interrupting Harris. Sixteen times. People counted.
    Rather thought that the moderator was annoying interupting both of them all the time.
    He also interupt Harris only when she twists facts.

Will say the "jump" in the video every three seconds is not a loop. If you follow any specific "blotch" of leaves, it will not move the same way after each jump. As well, Trump himself is affected by the jump, and he is obviously not looped.
    Yeah, looking at it further (and in response to others) I'm not on the "GREEN SCREEN" train anymore.

But why the fuck is Trump, who is sick with covid and roided the fuck up, walking around on the White House lawn and filming videos outside? HE HAS FUCKING COVID AND IS CONTAGEOUS. He's putting everyone around him at risk so he can "look strong" until the roids wear off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Rather thought that the moderator was annoying interupting both of them all the time.
    It's not an interruption when she's being interrupted and tries to regain control over the debate. She didn't "interrupt" Mike Pence when he repeatedly talked well passed his allotted time and she tried to move the debate along.

What debate is Trump running away from? He has shown a desire to do the 2nd debate in person.
    I wouldn't come within 100 miles of Plague Spreader Trump.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    What debate is Trump running away from? He has shown a desire to do the 2nd debate in person.
    The Presidential Debate Council decided independently to hold the next debate virtually, and Trump said "nope".

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    He also interupt Harris only when she twists facts.
    Babies first debate?

So Trump is chickening out of the 2nd debate. What a coward.

Alliance

Hmm. Interestoing. You don't read the forums in which you attempt to participate. That's not a good look.
    Yes, I do not read every post. Came on at 9-ish this morning, went back a page, saw Machismo's post and responded, skimmed the rest. The "good look" statement is odd.

I posted it at 9:47AM today, jhere, considering your post history today I'm "surprised" you missed it. Also, did you seriously post "which challenge?" without, you know, looking? I mean, even if you missed it earnestly the first time, it wasn't exactly hidden.
    I had figured it was some new "scary" internet challenge since you mentioned monsters. You then talked about calling people monsters for politics, so I had no idea we were going. Googling brought up nothing relevant, so I asked you.

Is this 24-hour challenge a recurring thing on these forums I've just missed or forgotten about?

So anyone who actually saw the challenge and the context leading to the challenge, knows you didn't really answer it. Oh sure, you said it was okay, and good for you for choosing to answer and not admit you're a coward like, well, I think literally everyone else. But the context wasn't really us. The context was "Trump called someone a monster purely for their political stance, is it fair to do the same to Trump supporters?" And, well, you basically just invited that on yourself.

It's about hypocrisy. It's always about hypocrisy. And hey, at least you're not a hypocrite -- you said it was okay for Trump to call someone a monster for their political platform (oh I know, you tried to make it about me, but that's because you chose not to read the context for...some reason). Therefore, it's okay for Trump supporters to be labeled the same, simply by virtue of supporting Trump and also not denouncing that message.
    Now that I know exactly what you meant, I will answer directly. I am okay with Trump calling Harris a monster. I am okay with people calling Trump supporters monsters.

I am okay with Biden calling Trump a clown as well, if it matters.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

So, he hates the military families, still? And what they were saying a month ago about him that was confirmed on Fox News, twice, is even more true? Sounds about right. He doesn't want to blame himself for shaking hands with morons that aren't wearing masks or that Hope Hicks might have caught it from someone else and passed it to him.