Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump fires half the Pentagon advisory board and puts Lewandowski, yes that one, on the board instead.

I'm serious.
    Womp womp guy?

65WAT.jpg

Also, do they really expect to last past Biden and actually do anything in less than 2 months? Change is totally pointless (though let's be fair, cabinet shuffles each time are hardly based on merit, which is a different kind of problem...).
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    do they really expect to last past Biden and actually do anything in less than 2 months? Change is totally pointless .
    I would hope the Pentagon just sits and waits at this point. If, for example, Lewandowski and Kushner push $500 bazillion to Boeing, they'll just say "Sure Jan" and do nothing.

Trump fires half the Pentagon advisory board and puts Lewandowski, yes that one, on the board instead.

I'm serious.
    It does make me wonder if they are not trying to gin up some kind of martial law thing but I am pretty sure the military would just go no and sit on their hands for a month until biden gets put into place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    It does make me wonder if they are not trying to gin up some kind of martial law thing
    The board advises the Pentagon on non-military matters like business. I don't think that's a valid risk.

10+ Year Old Account
    The board advises the Pentagon on non-military matters like business. I don't think that's a valid risk.
    Incoming 50 brazilion dollar contract for Trump brand Napalm. Sticks great to kids! /s
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Incoming 50 brazilion dollar contract for Trump brand Napalm. Sticks great to kids! /s
    Brazil uses the Brazilian Real, and 50 Brazilian Reals would be around $9.70 USD.

Not sure how much napalm you can buy for under ten bucks ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Brazil uses the Brazilian Real, and 50 Brazilian Reals would be around $9.70 USD.

It's a reference to an Bush being dumb joke
    "Brazil sent 500 Brazilians to the Middle East."
    Bush "How many is a brazilian?"

I spent 3 months in Brazil on vacation back in 08. My liver still hasn't forgiven me for Carnival. The steakhouses are to die for.

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    It's a reference to an Bush being dumb joke
    "Brazil sent 500 Brazilians to the Middle East."
    Bush "How many is a brazilian?"

I spent 3 months in Brazil on vacation back in 08. My liver still hasn't forgiven me for Carnival. The steakhouses are to die for.
    We have some steakhouses up near me and they're the best things ever.

Though IIRC that was never actually attributed to him directly? It was more of a rumor that's just plausible given that Bush Jr. was largely a complete buffoon.

10+ Year Old Account

Though IIRC that was never actually attributed to him directly? It was more of a rumor that's just plausible given that Bush Jr. was largely a complete buffoon.
    It isn't a direct quote to my knowledge, that's why I refer to it as a joke.

Been to one in Philly, was good but not the best. That was actually in Brazil. I'm hoping to try the other 2 nearby I've been referred to.

10+ Year Old Account

Could probably push the price down pretty low with a hillbilly version of it, i.e Styrofoam combined with regular gasoline.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    I believe I said this before, but with how people believe it is impending/inevitable, wouldn't Trump being incarcerated after leaving be a very bad look for the US to the rest of the world?
    Nicholas Sarkozy is under trial in France.

https://www.courthousenews.com/forme...goes-on-trial/

Good for them. It’s better to hold leaders accountable for crimes rather than let them go.

In fact, leader should be looked at harder because they’re supposed to be examples.

But you and your fascism fetish can’t understand that leaders should not be unaccountable god-kings.

How do you get out of bed in the morning without being orders to by a dictator?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    I believe I said this before, but with how people believe it is impending/inevitable, wouldn't Trump being incarcerated after leaving be a very bad look for the US to the rest of the world?
    It would be absolutely the opposite. Indicting, prosecuting, and jailing guilty people always looks good. Protecting politicians from their felonies looks bad.

(and yes, in case you're wondering, Trump is already an objective Felon - and we still aren't to the state crimes )

- - - Updated - - -

DOJ expands Pardon Bribery investigation to Kushner associates.

I'm thinking this mass pardon thing might make investigating all the Trump Crime Family/Associates thing easier. Did they get a Pardon? Bam! - open a file.

Biden's AG is going to need to open a new arm of the Justice Department - the Trump Crime Syndicate Division.

Republican leaders of the Minnesota Legislature suggested that state lawmakers and the staffers who work for them should be among the early recipients of a COVID-19 vaccine when it is available. https://t.co/NXj6eXGTKE
    https://twitter.com/StarTribune/stat...384519169?s=19

Love when my state Republicans ask to go to the front of the line. Oh btw, of course they are COVID-19 deniers and don't wear masks.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

Love when my state Republicans ask to go to the front of the line. Oh btw, of course they are COVID-19 deniers and don't wear masks.
    Ah yes, give it to the people that can largely continue to work from home and that don't have to regularly interface with the public on a daily basis.

This is as, "Fuck everyone else, I get mine." as it gets for Republicans.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fed...new-applicants

DACA is back, y'all! DHS has to begin accepting new applications.

Fun fact, the vaccine is already being distributed among the frontest front-line hospital workers (the first dose). My understanding is most states only have a few hundred or a couple thousand doses to work with at current. Supply is extremely limited so its going where its needed the absolute most

Fuck you both because now I want steak and I still can't eat solids after I told someone to fuck off and I've been eating through a straw for the last week. /s

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Fuck these craven shitheads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love when my state Republicans ask to go to the front of the line
    I don't have a problem with important public servants being at the front of the line.

I do have a problem with it, when they spent the year backing a candidate who said the China Virus Hoax would go away in Easter and masks were unConstitutional Soviet mind contorl. Sorry, but when you oppose things like lockdowns and insist that churches and businesses that stay open can't be sued for injuring or killing their clients, you shouldn't be first in line. That's hypocrisy. Expected, but still hypocrisy.

235,272 new cases; about 31k more than two weeks ago. Another new national record.

Top 20:

California: 24,138 new cases (new record); 202 deaths (new record)
    Texas: 14,059 new cases; 248 deaths
    Pennsylvania: 12,089 new cases (new record); 189 deaths
    New York: 10,850 new cases; 57 deaths
    Illinois: 10,526 new cases; 157 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    Ohio: 10,114 new cases; 129 deaths
    Michigan: 9,425 new cases; 83 deaths
    Indiana: 7,899 new cases; 89 deaths
    Georgia: 6,376 new cases (new record); 77 deaths
    Kansas: 5,954 new cases; 107 deaths
    Arizona: 5,680 new cases; 64 deaths
    New Jersey: 5,535 new cases (new record); 45 deaths
    Massachusetts: 5,491 new cases; 36 deaths
    Minnesota: 5,347 new cases; 61 deaths
    North Carolina: 5,303 new cases; 57 deaths
    Colorado: 5,013 new cases; 18 deaths
    Wisconsin: 4,847 new cases; 63 deaths
    Oklahoma: 4,827 new cases (new record); 24 deaths
    Missouri: 4,681 new cases; 113 deaths

Other states with new case/death records: Tennessee, Maryland, South Carolina, Arkansas, Iowa, Mississippi, Oregon and Delaware.

It's really disheartening to see California blowing up like it is right now considering how great they were handling things for the bulk of the year. Even during the Summer outbreak they did relatively well given their huge population. Texas, I believe, is underreporting more than normal for a Friday. I expect them to be back up to nearly 20k or above by next week.

Most of the Midwest still appears to be recovering in general (though I still expect that to change in the coming week or two) but the rest of the US is increasing in cases at an alarming rate. I wouldn't be surprised if we hit 250k or beyond at some point next week. Tomorrow the numbers should be down as we begin the weekend lull.

2,718 is a little over 700 more than two weeks ago and brings the total to 285,550. 8 states had triple-digit death totals. 42 had at least double-digits. This number should also be coming down over the next few days thanks to the lull, but I think there's a good chance we'll be passing 3k next week. Possibly more than once. The 7-day average is now over 2k, so we're currently losing 14-15k people per week. And it will get worse.

Related news:

The coronavirus is quickly becoming one of the leading causes of death in the United States, experts say.--"It's just a flu."

More than 1,000 migrant children in US government custody have tested positive for Covid-19--Because I guess the Trump administration wasn't satisfied with the other indignities heaped on them.

Republicans are hit the hardest as coronavirus spreads among elected leaders

Stay safe, folks.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-12-05 at 02:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    2,718 is a little over 700 more than two weeks ago and brings the total to 285,550.\
    Weren't we supposed to hit 300,000 at the end of the month? At this rate we'll hit it next week.