Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Weren't we supposed to hit 300,000 at the end of the month? At this rate we'll hit it next week.
    Yes and yes. I was going to mention it but figured the post was depressing enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fed...new-applicants

DACA is back, y'all! DHS has to begin accepting new applications.
    Just read about this, great news!!! Fuck you Trump!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    235,272 new cases; about 31k more than two weeks ago. Another new national record.

2,718 is a little over 700 more than two weeks ago and brings the total to 285,550.
    With Nebraska, these totals become +236,887 new cases and +2745 deaths.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    A court victory for Trump: a federal court rules that Trump can steal military pensions to pay for his Wall.

...for another month.

- - - Updated - - -

Three House GOP members tested positive this week alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump is throwing yet another hissy fit.

Specifically, his Pentagon chief of staff is intentionally blocking the Pentagon from working with Biden's transition team. Yes, the chief of staff appointed after Trump lost the election.

Benggauls reports have been pretty depressing as of late statwise. Are you guys TRYING to aim for 500k dead, or will that even be enough? Christ almighty. Is any number high enough to actually do something about it, something other than yell "mah freedumbzzzzzz >>>>> masks"?

This is a general rant about the insanity going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Benggauls reports have been pretty depressing as of late statwise. Are you guys TRYING to aim for 500k dead, or will that even be enough? Christ almighty. Is any number high enough to actually do something about it, something other than yell "mah freedumbzzzzzz >>>>> masks"?

You already know the answer to that question, just remind yourself how the Americans react to mass shootings....
    It’s almost we like they say we will beat this virus by getting more infections....

I swear the country is a case study to the world in how not to do anything, elections, gun violence, hell even how to have a civilised debate.

Sorry.

*tenchars*

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you guys TRYING to aim for 500k dead
    Half of us are, apparently.

Pentagon blocked President-elect Joe Biden's intelligence transition team from meeting with agencies

So here is the thing going forward, when this transitions to the Biden thread. See Trump basically does this childish and honestly most disrespectful crap ever. So then I say "why not do it to them". Problem I guess is I go to their level and act like a child. Remember that stupid saying "when they go low, we go high". Well, problem with that is what people who use decorum and follow the rules, nothing will happen. While Trump can pull this crap with no consequences. So you think or imagine Biden doing this to next administration if its Republican.

OMFG we go to this crazy projection they always use. They cried "deep state" for 4 years, which was crazy but in part now cause they believe it they are basically doing the same. I hope Biden purges many departments when in office of anyone with Trump stank on them.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Pentagon blocked President-elect Joe Biden's intelligence transition team from meeting with agencies

So here is the thing going forward, when this transitions to the Biden thread. See Trump basically does this childish and honestly most disrespectful crap ever. So then I say "why not do it to them". Problem I guess is I go to their level and act like a child. Remember that stupid saying "when they go low, we go high". Well, problem with that is what people who use decorum and follow the rules, nothing will happen. While Trump can pull this crap with no consequences. So you think or imagine Biden doing this to next administration if its Republican.

OMFG we go to this crazy projection they always use. They cried "deep state" for 4 years, which was crazy but in part now cause they believe it they are basically doing the same. I hope Biden purges many departments when in office of anyone with Trump stank on them.
    worse, we don't do it back, then when they get the chance, they do it again, while yelling "both sides" and/or claiming we did it first, or would have eventually, thus "justifying" them ratfucking us
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

208,790 new cases; about 33k more than two weeks ago.

Top 20:

California: 25,320 new cases (new record); 88 deaths
    Pennsylvania: 11,374 new cases; 134 deaths
    Texas: 11,263 new cases; 205 deaths
    Ohio: 10,469 new cases; 66 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    New York: 10,163 new cases; 54 deaths
    Illinois: 9,887 new cases; 235 deaths
    Indiana: 7,690 new cases; 85 deaths
    Arizona: 6,799 new cases (new record); 40 deaths
    Michigan: 6,308 new cases; 203 deaths
    Minnesota: 6,308 new cases; 75 deaths
    North Carolina: 6,018 new cases (new record); 49 deaths
    Massachusetts: 5,619 new cases; 43 deaths
    Colorado: 5,125 new cases; 19 deaths
    Georgia: 5,017 new cases; 68 deaths
    Tennessee: 4,914 new cases; 29 deaths
    Wisconsin: 4,831 new cases; 77 deaths
    Missouri: 4,744 new cases; 70 deaths
    New Jersey: 4,663 new cases; 44 deaths
    Oklahoma: 4,370 new cases; 14 deaths

Other states with new case/death records: Virginia, South Carolina, Nevada, West Virginia, Alaska and D.C. (yes it's counted separately).

You know shit's bad when we're passing 200k on a Saturday. According to Worldometers we'll be passing 15 million cases tomorrow (just barely missed it today) and we're working at a rate of around a million new cases every 6 days or so. We're obviously not peaking yet and numbers are likely to keep getting worse as the Thanksgiving surge continues hitting. They're not getting counted accurately in most states thanks to the weekend, but California's numbers are a pretty good indicator (they don't ramp down reporting on the weekends very much) and we'll probably see huge corrections from the weekend from a few states next week.

2,215 deaths is a little under 750 more than two weeks ago and brings the total to 287,825. I'm still convinced we'll be hitting 3k at least a couple times next week. Since we're not yet at the peak with new cases per day, we're not yet even a couple weeks away from the peak of deaths. Trump's inability to do even the minimal amount to curb this pandemic means a lot of people aren't going to make it through the holidays.

Related news:

Fauci's Timeline for When He Thinks America Will Beat COVID--It's...uh...not so encouraging, really. "The country's daily case count is estimated to peak on January 20" is a pretty damned strange coincidence.

7 nursing home Covid-19 deaths reported after staff attended wedding--This was in violation of the restrictions in place and they ought to be prosecuted for involuntary manslaughter, in my opinion. It's fucking inexcusable at this point.

As hospitals start to max out, medical workers beg officials for new Covid-19 mandates--An excerpt:

Dr. Cleavon Gilman served in the Iraq War, but he said that doesn't compare to the battle he's fighting as an emergency room physician in Arizona.

"This pandemic is a lot worse than being in Iraq just because when you're in a war zone, you can leave that war zone. You can fly out of Iraq; you're OK here in the United States," the Yuma doctor said.

"With this pandemic, you cannot fly anywhere ... the war is being waged everywhere."

Now Gilman and other health care workers are pleading for more public safety rules -- such as mask mandates or stay-at-home orders -- to prevent hospitals from bursting past capacity.

"You can't overwhelm a hospital and expect that care is not going to be compromised as a result," Gilman said.

Across the US, the numbers of daily Covid-19 hospitalizations and deaths just reached all-time highs.

And the crisis is only going to get worse.
    Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    2,215 deaths
    I remember when 1,000 deaths was considered horrifying. It still is, but the fact that I'm relieved it's under 3,000 is just so Trumpian.

I remember when 1,000 deaths was considered horrifying. It still is, but the fact that I'm relieved it's under 3,000 is just so Trumpian.
    If it reaches 3k on a Saturday you'll likely still be in shock from the totals it would have reached the days before. Over 2k is already much more than we had mere weeks ago.

EDIT: Actually, we haven't had more than 2k on a Saturday since early April. So there's that.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-12-06 at 02:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it reaches 3k on a Saturday you'll likely still be in shock from the totals it would have reached the days before.
    Yeah, good point.

My scientist-ridden family has already made "drastic" changes. It's not going to be even what we were willing to accept a month ago.

What’s scary now for the US is that per capita, you guys are the worst off in every category. There’s no more silver lining, and the only idiots not talking about COVID and the need to get it under control all work for the Government and/or support the current ruling party. It’s sick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    There’s no more silver lining
    Not only are we a global embarrassment in general, some of our states are worse than those EUropean countries hit early and hard.

The US is 11th worst deaths per capita. That's worse than Germany and France.

Illinois is the 10th worst state. That's worse than the UK and Spain.

NY and NJ were also hit early and hard, so their deaths are massive but understandable. But even states that weren't, like our old friends in both Dakotas, have deaths that would make them #3 and #4 in the world if counted as countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    worse, we don't do it back, then when they get the chance, they do it again, while yelling "both sides" and/or claiming we did it first, or would have eventually, thus "justifying" them ratfucking us
    Being petulant toddlers like the republicans doesn't actually stop or fix anything, though. It just makes both sides petulant toddlers. The democrats have been the party of upstanding moral propriety for a good long while now. One the country desperately needs, because the GOP has only shown that it wants to slide further and further away from any such things.

People are going to be idiots. It's difficult to change that. All you can really do is prevent those idiots from getting into power, and prevent them from misleading other people into being idiots in the future.

Electoral reform. Fighting gerrymandering. Better education. Legal crackdowns on the people complicit in Trump's little farce of a coup and constant, steady condemnations of the people that stood by and let it happen. These are the things that have lasting effects, not spinning up some propaganda machine to call the GOP nasty names and make up rumors about them as is the GOP's M.O.

The venom from the democrats doesn't need to be in rhetoric, it needs to be in legislation.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I guess he just wants people to ignore COVID.
    Wait, didn't Trump say the vote was stolen? Isn't Trump the one saying to stay at home?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, didn't Trump say the vote was stolen? Isn't Trump the one saying to stay at home?
    I'm sure McConnell had speaks with him.

"Listen Trump, you can say that Biden won illegitimately, but you're not going to cost the senate for me, you failed orange millionaire! Now I can keep the rest of the GOP silent about the presidential race so you can keep raking in money to 'challenge the election results' so you can just line your pockets with it, but I'll get them to turn on you on a dime if you tell our people not to vote in Georgia!"
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I'm sure McConnell had speaks with him.

"Listen Trump, you can say that Biden won illegitimately, but you're not going to cost the senate for me, you failed orange millionaire! Now I can keep the rest of the GOP silent about the presidential race so you can keep raking in money to 'challenge the election results' so you can just line your pockets with it, but I'll get them to turn on you on a dime if you tell our people not to vote in Georgia!"
    Not in EXACTLY those words... but I bet they were very close.

I suspect he used much worse language other than failed orange millionaire. I don't think McConnell has much use for Trump, especially now that Trump is on his way out. McConnell is looking towards the future, and Trump ain't in it.