“They want to make rich people poorer +poor people more comfortable,” he said, as if enacting policies that lift up struggling Americans is a bad thing

Mike Pence Accidentally Tells Truth And Admits Democrats Are Fighting To Help The Poor https://t.co/n4BUAx5YPj @politicususa
    https://twitter.com/PoliticusSarah/s...535820802?s=19

When they the stupid comments out loud. An actual speech Pence gave.

So if you are Republican or Trumper this is your mantra? Yeah we know people vote against their interest. Keep it up.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Aaaaannd the defense bill has been veto'd
    Irrelevant. True, Trump was sticking to his tweeted principles before they changed in the next 24 hours, but McConnell is just going to throw it back in his face. Trump could have signed it or wiped his ass with it, no difference, he's no longer a relevant part of the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Irrelevant. True, Trump was sticking to his tweeted principles before they changed in the next 24 hours, but McConnell is just going to throw it back in his face. Trump could have signed it or wiped his ass with it, no difference, he's no longer a relevant part of the discussion.
    It could cost them voted in GA, which is extremely important as it decides the Senate majority.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

So if you are Republican or Trumper this is your mantra? Yeah we know people vote against their interest. Keep it up.
    A true follower of Jesus.

/s

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post

CDC projections, have been kind of a joke since the beginning of covid. It's kinda mixed though, some places are going real smooth in their distribution, others are having some difficulties.
    I just don't understand how they could plan for hundreds of millions of doses but have a roll out so slow when they have a built in infrastructure that could pump these out by the millions daily.

I hope they learn from this because if we ever relive a 1918 or worse strain of a virus with this kind of roll out we are fucked.

What a perfect way to pay back all those trillions spent on the military...putting them to work actually helping the people of this country fight a war
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

There are no poor Republicans. There are rich Republicans, and about-to-be-rich-I-swear Republicans. You can have one homeless on the streets, and they'll support tax breaks for the rich because they'll need them as soon as the next lottery ticket they buy wins them a billion dollars.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    This is where history is going to ensure Trump goes down as one of the worst presidents of all time.

The entire reason for becoming President, was for personal gain. He didn't give a shit about the country, or his supporters. This was always about pushing his brand, and inevitably absolving himself of his actions.

This is exactly what corruption looks like, and anyone who disagrees is just as fucking vile as he is.

He's the American version of Vladimir Putin, but with bitch tits and a smaller penis.

do you people think Trump is ugly? Something on a light note, I notice if there's something people like to mention, it's how fucking ugly he is. But he looks normal to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    do you people think Trump is ugly? Something on a light note, I notice if there's something people like to mention, it's how fucking ugly he is. But he looks normal to me.
    I don’t think he is ugly... not something I think about... but, he does seem to gather a crowd, without them people puking on site. To me... he just looks like he has jaundice...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I don’t think he is ugly... not something I think about... but, he does seem to gather a crowd, without them people puking on site. To me... he just looks like he has jaundice...
    it's something about him being a fatass (how do they notice that with the tight suits), having a ridiculous haircut, and strange skin tone

He is so ugly, he has to fucking paint orange shit on his face. So we don't know what he actually looks like other than a fucking Oompa Loompa.

I mean, how do you feel about Jabba's looks?

10+ Year Old Account
    The ugly that is on the inside eventually oozes out, I suppose.
    Is that how the saying goes?
    I dunno.

232,342 new cases; about 19k fewer than last Wednesday. However last Wednesday was also the day California apparently did a huge update/correction (61.5k), so it's likely an unreliable indicator. Two weeks ago the total was just over 227k, so once again I'm not celebrating too much just yet.

Top 10:

California: 44,416 new cases; 350 deaths
    Texas: 20,672 new cases; 255 deaths
    New York: 12,325 new cases; 148 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    Pennsylvania: 9,725 new cases; 222 deaths
    Ohio: 7,790 new cases; 110 deaths
    Georgia: 7,773 new cases; 56 deaths
    Tennessee: 7,221 new cases; 111 deaths
    Illinois: 6,762 new cases; 171 deaths
    Arizona: 6,058 new cases; 54 deaths

Other states with new case/death records: Alabama, Virginia, Rhode Island, Maine, New Hampshire (tied deaths) and Vermont (ditto).

As mentioned previously, even if the numbers are finally going down (and it's hard to tell whether they are or not), they remain way too high and will mean most healthcare workers are going to be stressed more than most families over the holidays. The prime indicators such as positivity still look grim for most of the nation and part of the reason cases are going down in some areas is because testing is also beginning to lapse ahead of Christmas.

3,401 deaths is around 200 fewer than last Wednesday and brings the total to 334,218. Again, however, this included a huge influx of deaths from California which inflated it beyond normal. It's about 150 more than two weeks ago. 11 states had triple-digit death totals. This will continue to be the case.

No related news today because I did not have time to do much more searching and I'm exhausted. Y'all already know the important stuff anyway. Those that aren't too busy entertaining the sea mammal.

Stay safe, folks.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-12-24 at 03:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's something about him being a fatass (how do they notice that with the tight suits), having a ridiculous haircut, and strange skin tone
    I only call him a fat ass, in reference to what the doctor claimed his stats were... It’s pretty much the same as Kyle Long, when he was starting as a linebacker for SB winning Eagles... sorry... if Trump claims those numbers, he can’t possibly be offended if I call him fat.

Edit: If people call me fat, I’m more worried than anything else... if you insult someone 6 foot 8 and 300 pounds, regardless if the insult is true... you are displaying the sort of lack of defense mechanism, that imply you are highly intoxicated and I need to be worried... since I have no clue what comes next... and I am pretty sure, neither do they...
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-12-24 at 03:00 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Dumb is an understatment. There is gonna be ANOTHER damn government shutdown in 5 days if this doesn't get signed. Like I think people here are super optimistic about the 2K checks without seeing the other consequences of what this actually is trump being a little bitch because McConnell said Biden is President-elect. And now people will suffer.
    Oh jesus, the 10 days starts tomorrow, which means if trumps sits on this bill, that means the pocket veto is in play because it's a complete new congress jan 3rd, which means it's gonna have to be done completely by scratch. no covid relief, no unemployment, government still shutdown for however long, god damnit i hope he just veto's the damn thing instead of sitting on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    I just don't understand how they could plan for hundreds of millions of doses but have a roll out so slow when they have a built in infrastructure that could pump these out by the millions daily.

I hope they learn from this because if we ever relive a 1918 or worse strain of a virus with this kind of roll out we are fucked.

What a perfect way to pay back all those trillions spent on the military...putting them to work actually helping the people of this country fight a war
    To be fair, we did have the infrastructure and guidelines for dealing with pandemics outlined and set up.

Unfortunately, trump being the colossal piece of human garbage incapable of even basic leadership that he is, decided to ignore all of that, and continues to refuse to do anything about addressing it.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Would you just fuck off and create a Twitter account for this irrelevant shite, please. Jesus fucking Christ.
    People say there is no such thing as a stupid question, yet @YUPPIE keeps proving that wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    3,401 deaths
    I don't care that it's technically down. This is one of the highest days and it's horrifying.