Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It’s been, what? 17 hours since Twitter suspended his account and he still can’t access it yet?
    The suspension was 12h starting from when he voluntarily removed the offending tweets.

And that was also his final warning about permanent suspension from Twitter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Twitter can no longer play Catan because they just banned Wood.

Twitter permanently removed pro-Trump lawyer Lin Wood’s account, a Twitter spokesperson confirmed Thursday.

A Twitter spokesperson said Wood’s account was permanently suspended for violating Twitter’s rules. The spokesperson also confirmed Wood’s second account, “fightbacklaw,” was also removed.

The spokesperson would not share any further details about the suspension.

After Wood’s primary Twitter account was suspended, Wood posted on Parler, a social media platform popular among conservative voices, that he would be posting on his secondary “fightbacklaw” account.

Parler brands itself as pro-free speech over its decision to limit content moderation. Unlike mainstream social media platforms, including Facebook and Twitter, Parler does not label or take action against posts that may spread misinformation or incite violence.

Wood continues to post on Parler, includinghinghing hing hee hee hee hee HAHAHAHAHAHAHA "Parler" HAHHAHAHAHAHA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Shame they don't remove more sheep tiles. Then again, Twitter is basically a sheep port. That juicey 2:1 they all flock to.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

I'd like to think I had a small part to play in that. I reported several of his Tweets and received confirmation that they violated the rules so they'll be taking action. Some small payback for having my account permanently banned for referring to Ann Coulter--who made a big stink about not being able to say what you want anymore--as a stupid bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Graham is going off... Lindsey Graham just got off the ship...
    Given how he was one of the most anti-Trump during 2016 republican primaries only to turn into one of his biggest ass-lickers with the flick of a wand, this is really surprising.

And with how... hmmm, let's say "wonderful" republican voters are, politicians like him likely won't suffer any fallout from this BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I'd like to think I had a small part to play in that. I reported several of his Tweets and received confirmation that they violated the rules so they'll be taking action.
    Then you did.

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    For those calling for the 25th amendment, from what I heard last night, that will never work. Once Trump objects, they need 2/3 of BOTH houses to override him. Impeaching only needs 51% of the house and 2/3 of the senate. That's the only way to go.
    That was true until 2 days ago. Trump leaves office no matter what the 20th. That's 13 days from now. The 25th allows the president to contest, but if the vice reconfirms his removal, congress then has 14 days to decide whether to reinstate trump. That's longer than 13 days. Until they decide, the vice president remains acting POTUS.

https://twitter.com/rgoodlaw/status/1347037532324823041
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    He's got 6 years until his next election, the goldfish won't even remember this in 3.
    Exactly, I wouldn't be taking any bets for the 2026 General Election just yet. A lot of stuff is going to happen between then and now. It might be more relevant if Lindsey decides to run for President again in 2024, which he might. He has no chance of winning either way though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    That was true until 2 days ago. Trump leaves office no matter what the 20th. That's 13 days from now. The 25th allows the president to contest, but if the vice reconfirms his removal, congress then has 14 days to decide whether to reinstate trump. That's longer than 13 days. Until they decide, the vice president remains acting POTUS.
    Personally, I think the GOP removing Trump was about 300% more likely - 300% of 1%, mind you - before Democrats joined in calling for it, especially Chuck Schumer. Even this small jolt of awakening from their cult nightmare hasn't been enough to shake them from their rabid opposition to anything a Democrat wants.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny since he never deleted the tweets.
    Supposedly he did. Twitter said so.

They already stopped with that when they suspended his account.
    also conveniently on the day they learned that dems would be heading all the congressional committee's that oversee them as well.

I really really that is the beginning of the deplatforming of all loonies. Calls to violence and unlawful practices need to off social media, simple as that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Given how he was one of the most anti-Trump during 2016 republican primaries only to turn into one of his biggest ass-lickers with the flick of a wand, this is really surprising.

And with how... hmmm, let's say "wonderful" republican voters are, politicians like him likely won't suffer any fallout from this BS.
    Oh totally, he is a cock weasel... or is that his pool boy? Anyway... The really impressive thing, is that he listed everything he was doing the last 2 months for Trump, but said he found nothing. He turned being a Trump lapdog, into him being on a fact finding mission and finding nothing.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Not really. If there's one thing consistent about Lindsey Graham, is that he will lick the boots of whoever's in power. That's no longer Trump, so he's moving on.

He's got 6 years until his next election, the goldfish won't even remember this in 3.
    If you mean three years, you're being way too generous right here. I wouldn't give them even three months.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Oh totally, he is a cock weasel... or is that his pool boy? Anyway... The really impressive thing, is that he listed everything he was doing the last 2 months for Trump, but said he found nothing. He turned being a Trump lapdog, into him being on a fact finding mission and finding nothing.
    Aside from his side gig of sucking the cock of the current GOP bigwig (in regards to which he's the world champion), I doubt anyone ever accused Graham of being effective at whatever he's doing, or even of being a productive member of society.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Not really. If there's one thing consistent about Lindsey Graham, is that he will lick the boots of whoever's in power. That's no longer Trump, so he's moving on.
    As the first part of that sentence quite clearly indicates I was being sarcastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Alliance

"Not that I support this protest anyway" is not the same as "I condemn this violence". You expressed apathy about protestors, you said nothing about the riots and insurrectionists.

Strike one.
    This seems to be a game for you. Very well, dear, I condemn this violence. Just as with the riots and terrorism in Portland (and other cities), and the CHAZ fiasco, I hereby voice my anti-support and condemnation toward those who participated in the Capitol Building riots and terrorism! Condemn, condemn, condemn.

I look forward to being told I do not actually mean it.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    This seems to be a game for you. Very well, dear, I condemn this violence. Just as with the riots and terrorism in Portland (and other cities), and the CHAZ fiasco, I hereby voice my anti-support and condemnation toward those who participated in the Capitol Building riots and terrorism! Condemn, condemn, condemn.

I bolded the part for you where you show how full of shit what you say is.

Read, reflect, and get back to us.

Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    For reference Zeth is also the one that was busy shilling for police the entirety of June while having a Pride signature and then getting mad when people point out Stonewall was a riot.

The performative sympathy is so fake that Kelly Loeffler might be out of yet another job.
    Pro-pride and pro-police are not mutually exclusive. You know this.

Good derailment, though.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

didnt u get infracted a few days ago for talking about dead people voting and stolen ballots?

10+ Year Old Account
    Very well, dear, I condemn this violence.
    See? How hard was that?

On topic: Mitch McConnell's wife resigns in protest.

I had posted a report that she might, but honestly, didb't think she would. Second time in 5 minutes I've been proven wrong.

Chao would become the first Cabinet official, and the highest-ranking member of the administration, to resign in the wake of Trump’s incendiary rally and its violent aftermath on Wednesday.

“Yesterday, our country experienced a traumatic and entirely avoidable event as supporters of the President stormed the Capitol building following a rally he addressed,” Chao wrote in a letter to Transportation Department staff, obtained by The Hill. “As I’m sure is the case with many of you, it has deeply troubled me in a way that I simply cannot set aside.”

In her letter to employees, Chao said she would resign effective Monday. She said her team would continue assisting President-elect Joe Biden’s Transportation Secretary-designate, former South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg, with the transition.
    The Chao/McConnell thing is something we've discussed, often during Infrastructure Week issues. I think it's clear in hindsight she and McConnell would not have made their moves independently. I don't know if she signed up thinking she would become richer, and I also don't know if she did become richer. I do know that this is yet another "I don't draw the line at promoting insurrection, only its application".

And yes, this makes the 25th more awkward.