https://apnews.com/article/michael-b...7ad1ea4a190db5

And MAGA Ken and Karen have been pardoned by Missouri's Governor.

So just looking from today we have...

A Democratic governor who has been credibly accused of sexual harassment following an investigation, resulting in state and national Democrats calling for his resignation, and impeachment if he fails to resign. Including the current POTUS.

A few rich Republicans who plead guilty to firearms charges and had slaps on the wrist, who were vocally defended since the start by Republicans at the state and national level. Now who have been pardoned altogether.

Which party is the party of "law and order", again?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I haven’t watched yet, but this just popped up in my feed.

Oh fuck...I probably should wait until I'm not sober to watch this, but fuck it.

Florida COVID-19 hospitalizations break record for third straight day

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) addressed the latest rise in COVID-19 cases in a press conference Tuesday, emphasizing that the number of deaths from the virus is still down in the state.

"Even among a lot of positive tests, you are seeing much less mortality that you did year-over-year," DeSantis said. "Would I rather have 5,000 cases among 20-year-olds or 500 cases among seniors? I would rather have the younger."
    Neat. You know what would decrease the death count even further? Not banning mask mandates.

DeathSantis doesn't care how many people die, because if he did he'd be doing more things to minimize deaths instead of, you know, nothing. He just cares about keeping the state open for tourism. Fuck Florida.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh, I cracked a beer and packed a bowl before hitting play. I’m about 10 minutes in and it’s pretty bat shit.
    He lost me at: "Biden won less than 10 states in the election. Trump won California."

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    "Would I rather have 5,000 cases among 20-year-olds or 500 cases among seniors? I would rather have the younger."
    Don't worry -- you won't have to choose.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...19-cases-surge

Well shit...Deathsantis better hope his presidential aspirations are looking better, seems like his popularity in his home state is falling as more people get infected and die. He better hope Trump doesn't run, because that's his only shot of securing the nomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...19-cases-surge

Well shit...Deathsantis better hope his presidential aspirations are looking better, seems like his popularity in his home state is falling as more people get infected and die. He better hope Trump doesn't run, because that's his only shot of securing the nomination.
    If trump isn’t planning on running again he likely won’t say so until the very last moment, such that he can fleece money off of people for as long as possible.

But honestly, if he’s not in jail by then… why wouldn’t trump run again? He never intended to win the first time; he just wanted to make money. It’d just be the same continuation of the grift he started for the 2016 election and has continued up until now.

That’s why, God willing, trump will either be in prison or mired in legal battles/fees up to his hairpiece. I don’t want that fucker to have a sniff of a chance of reclaiming the White House.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Well, I mentioned some stuff about my brother in law in Florida and refusing to get my nieces vaccinated not too long ago. Now for a messed up continuation of it....

Well, my sister drove my niece back down to Florida to drop my niece back off to her dad. Within maybe 24 hours, she was admitted into a Jacksonville Hospital because her diabetes was acting up (Because her refusing to take proper care of it) and trouble breathing. Long story short on that part, she was in DKA and her blood sugar was high along with bacterial pneumonia which was also destroying her lungs and caused a MRSA infection that hit her bloodstream according to the doctors. So wasn't expected to live and was completely non-responsive and on life support. Me, my dad, and her son drove down there about 6 hours yesterday and got there about 11pm.

When we got there, we played hell to get to see her even though we were told we could earlier because she was in the ICU which they said was "Covid Positive". They originally weren't even going to let us see her that night, we finally got to see her little by little between 12am and 3am. But had to jump through hoops because of Covid.

We went to his house and stayed the night there to get back up in the morning to see her one last time before they "Pulled the Plug" on her. Well, even when I am the main one who likes to talk politics and mess around, even I know this isn't the right time for this stuff and tensions are already running high. Well before we even leave his house to go back to the hospital, my brother in law tries to talk about it and my dad goes along, I started but caught myself and ended up having to remind both of them that this wasn't the time for it. They tried to do it again while we were at the hospital as well and it really felt weird with me being the one to say we shouldn't be talking about this right now.

Well, kept it to myself but I haven't been on Facebook since October and haven't kept up to do on the Q-Anon stuff so wasn't really expecting to hear stuff like "I am not letting my kids get a government manufactured vaccine for a government manufactured virus" (Exact quote) or talking about Fauci and Obama were working on Covid before this stuff even happened which is why we had it along with parts from where Rand Paul was trying to accuse Fauci of lying to the Senate and all.

I refused to push the topic any because everything that was already going on, I hadn't already researched these new conspiracy theories to already have the debunking facts handy, and I already know he won't accept any facts that contradict Trump but damn...... Just got home about an hour ago.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Really sorry to hear that, Fugus. My condolensces.

Really sorry to hear that, Fugus. My condolensces.
    Yeah, sucks. But been mentally preparing for it for the last 2 years now and I honestly don't have too much of an emotional range from what I can tell, so handling it better than the rest of the family overall. She has been in the hospital every few months for a while now because she refused to listen to anyone, including the doctors, on this stuff.

She would basically tell you what you wanted to hear to just not listen to you and would lie about stuff if she was doing stuff she wasn't supposed to do and then complain about hurting or having to go to the doctor.

Her diabetes was bad enough that she needed a full on insulin pump in her stomach, but still tried to basically have cheat days or something.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Yeah, sucks. But been mentally preparing for it for the last 2 years now and I honestly don't have too much of an emotional range from what I can tell, so handling it better than the rest of the family overall. She has been in the hospital every few months for a while now because she refused to listen to anyone, including the doctors, on this stuff.

She would basically tell you what you wanted to hear to just not listen to you and would lie about stuff if she was doing stuff she wasn't supposed to do and then complain about hurting or having to go to the doctor.

Her diabetes was bad enough that she needed a full on insulin pump in her stomach, but still tried to basically have cheat days or something.
    I had someone in my family who was exactly the same, so I understand you 100%. It's extra painful when it's family, but there are some people who are so self-destructive despite the best efforts of all their loved ones there's not a lot you can do.

I had someone in my family who was exactly the same, so I understand you 100%. It's extra painful when it's family, but there are some people who are so self-destructive despite the best efforts of all their loved ones there's not a lot you can do.
    I know and she has been that way for a long time now. With how she has been acting, I have seen this day coming for a long time now and made sure to prepare myself for it. Tried to warn my dad a while back and he agreed but when the day hit, I still have kept myself composed but dad has broken down and cried a few times. He said it feels like a dream.

I am not 100% if I am in shock and numb or if I am good but I typically don't get emotional over deaths of loved ones if I know it is coming.

But was also weird to me to see him trying to downplay the virus while living in Florida and having almost missed us being able to see her before she passed because of the virus in the building.

- - - Updated - - -

He also tried to talk about how we shouldn't teach Critical Race Theory because it we need to teach stuff that doesn't divide us. It's literally teaching our history without white washing it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Heh, I cracked a beer and packed a bowl before hitting play. I’m about 10 minutes in and it’s pretty bat shit.
    So mypillowguy has all this data from the voting machines (bought off ebay?) but he's just holding it and the data that was streamed was nothing, but it wasn't the data and then it was the data is gonna be shared over 5 days only then to go to SCotUS to be 9-0 voted as legit.

LMFAO that was the most bat shit stuff ever. I legit had to pause that 3 or 4 times just to reset my brain.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Texas E.O. saying that cops could pull over brown people at will has been blocked by a federal court.

The Executive Order causes irreparable injury to the United States and to individuals the United States is charged with protecting, jeopardizing the health and safety of non-citizens in federal custody, risking the safety of federal law enforcement personnel and their families, and exacerbating the spread of COVID-19
    More specifically, the judge took a dim view on Abbott's "but COVID is spread by illegal immigrants" approach on the legal basis that it was bullshit.

The judge also said he was halting the order, because Biden's legal challenge was almost certainly going to win. Leaving an illegal, unConstitutional, unAmerican E.O. in place while it took away rights and risked sickness/death wasn't in his day planner.

The judge is a W appointee. No blaming leftist activists today.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    then to go to SCotUS to be 9-0 voted as legit.
    We’ll be bringing our findings to the Supreme Court in late August or early September, some time after the cyber-symposium ends, and it proves it was an attack by China. When I gave my prediction about August, and that was several months ago, that was an estimate at the time. But it took so long to get this symposium set up. However long it takes for the Supreme Court to take it up and decide on this, I can’t predict that. I’m not the Supreme Court.
    -- Lindell

Near as I can tell, Lindell's symposium is due to start Aug 10. It seems to be by invitation only. While Lindell claims he's booked a thousand rooms in Sioux Falls, there seem to be plenty of rooms left when I looked. Lindell claims his Cyber Guy will provide objective, irrefutable evidence from routers that, based on a recent post I made, quite frankly it's illegal if he has them. The question remains, of course, if he has objective, irrefutable evidence of a felony, why hasn't he turned it over to law enforcement? Isn't that obstruction of justice or something? Also, Lindell is claiming he has packet capture information -- which is really not something he can have. That's NSA-level shit. It would be a felony if he had it.

It also looks suspiciously like "packet capture" is just publicly available Pennsylvania voter data. Real PCAP isn't a scrolling scrawl of hexidecimals.

Until then, he claims he's losing a million dollars a day because FOX News won't show his ads.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://apnews.com/article/michael-b...7ad1ea4a190db5

And MAGA Ken and Karen have been pardoned by Missouri's Governor.

So just looking from today we have...

A Democratic governor who has been credibly accused of sexual harassment following an investigation, resulting in state and national Democrats calling for his resignation, and impeachment if he fails to resign. Including the current POTUS.

A few rich Republicans who plead guilty to firearms charges and had slaps on the wrist, who were vocally defended since the start by Republicans at the state and national level. Now who have been pardoned altogether.

Which party is the party of "law and order", again?
    You missed the part at the end of "law and order". I understand it is in very small print and easy to miss but it says "for thee, not for me" so with the full slogan you can obviously tell it is a GQP slogan.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    He lost me at: "Biden won less than 10 states in the election. Trump won California."
    There are a lot of grifters in this Trump party, more than I can count, but there are a few, very very few, but a few, that are true believers. Mike Lindell is someone who I'm not entirely sure if he's a grifter, that is just really bad at it, or a true believer, that really believes Trump is gonna be re-instated with his non existent proof, simply because his drug addled head has completely melted his brain. Either way idk how David Pakman can keep a straight face through any of that, it's banana's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Mike Lindell is someone who I'm not entirely sure if he's a grifter, that is just really bad at it, or a true believer, that really believes Trump is gonna be re-instated with his non existent proof, simply because his drug addled head has completely melted his brain.
    Mike Lindell has drunk the cool-aid. I have zero doubt in my mind that the guy is a gullible buffoon being squeezed dry by those with slightly more sense than he.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    There are a lot of grifters in this Trump party, more than I can count, but there are a few, very very few, but a few, that are true believers. Mike Lindell is someone who I'm not entirely sure if he's a grifter, that is just really bad at it, or a true believer, that really believes Trump is gonna be re-instated with his non existent proof, simply because his drug addled head has completely melted his brain. Either way idk how David Pakman can keep a straight face through any of that, it's banana's.
    True believers spend money on this BS (Lindell) while those that are just there for the grift try, and sometimes fail, to make money of this BS (giuliani or trump)
    Last edited by ati87; 2021-08-04 at 10:52 AM.

Tuesday's report:

104,758 new cases; about 23.5k more than last Tuesday.

Top 10:

Fuck Florida (over 17k according to worldometers, I expect higher today).
    Texas: 14,873 new cases; 53 deaths
    California: 10,010 new cases; 25 deaths
    Georgia: 9,197 new cases; 25 deaths
    Louisiana: 4,753 new cases; 59 deaths
    Illinois: 2,682 new cases; 11 deaths
    Tennessee: 2,677 new cases; 16 deaths
    Missouri: 2,640 new cases; still not reporting deaths (if anyone knows why, let us know)
    New York: 2,636 new cases; 16 deaths
    Arkansas: 2,343 new cases; 16 deaths

As pointed out by @PhaelixWW yesterday Florida reported 51k cases for the past few days and worldometers has essentially split them evenly between 3 days, putting Florida's 7-day average at a new record of 17,629. Texas continues "mastering" the pandemic as they near 15k cases and California exceeded 10k for the second time in a week. Georgia's posted total is double what they had last Thursday and the highest they've had since mid-January. I suspect some of that is a correction from the weekend, but they would likely still be in the top 10 regardless. 27 states posted totals of 1k or more. Here's an updated map of how things are looking nationwide:

Grim. And that "L" is for "Looking pretty bad".

516 deaths is about 150 more than last Tuesday and brings the total to 630,497. Not good. Louisiana topped the list today with Texas and Florida rounding out the top 3. Things will likely shake up a bit more as the week goes on and we move away from weekend corrections, but Louisiana's in poor shape. Not quite Fuck Florida poor, though. DeathSantis might find some preventable deaths acceptable, but I don't. Nobody should.

Related news:

Walgreens sees surge in U.S. COVID-19 vaccinations in recent weeks--As I mentioned yesterday, seeing people dropping like flies seems to have had a positive effect on vaccination percentages, particularly in states such as Alabama where it's been embarrassingly low.

Help or 'get out of the way.' Biden criticizes governors in Texas and Florida over handling of COVID-19--Trumper governors are still content to let their constituents die preventable deaths in the name of "Freedumb", so this is probably the softest possible thing Biden could have said. I probably would have gone with "contrary to what your kind believe, the dead don't vote, so maybe you should start trying to save your base".

Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's going to be a busy day in the courts handing out Trump losses.

1) Rubio asks DNI to investigate why the DoJ unmasked Tucker Carlson. As a reminder, not only is this not confirmed (yet), but (a) as I've posted before it would have been done if Carlson's name came up in irrelevant context, such as "hey comrade, while we rig the election for Trump, did you watch Carlson last night?" and (b) Trump intentionally went after reporters' personal info and Rubio never said shit about it.

2) Nunes sues MSNBC claiming he was defamed by Maddow from 2017 through 2019. Why he waited two years to decide he was defamed is anyone's guess, although mine is "he wasn't". Oh, and as a reminder, Team Trump has been going with "it's not lying if we report that Trump said it" which means Maddow can factually report anything Nunes said, even if it makes him look bad, especially if it makes him look bad, and that's not defaming.

3) The big one is, as expected, Trump is asking a court to block Congress from seeing his tax returns, claiming it's a violation of his First Amendment rights and that the request was tailored to attack a political opponent and is therefore illegal.

Well, where to start?

a) Trump threatened to prosecute Clinton, to her face, in public, during a debate. So he has no right to complain.
    b) A security risk for a WH member is a big deal. It should be disqualifying. Trump still has security clearance as an election loser and this still needs to be done.
    c) No other person running has had Trump's vast array of debts and blackmail on him. Trump decrying a rule made for him therefore rings hollow.

Considering SCOTUS already ruled NY can have Trump's taxes, the odds he can hold them back from Congress seem slight. Also, even if whatever court ruling goes in his favor, on-his-way-out Cuomo will probably hand them to Pelosi in a gift basket of Empire Macs and a note saying "make sure these go public".

- - - Updated - - -

Arkansas: 2,343 new cases; 16 deaths
    Well, I signed it at the time because our cases were at a very low point. I knew it'd be overridden by the legislature if I didn’t sign it.

I already eliminated our statewide mask mandate
    -- the governor of Arkansas, while admitting he regrets signing a ban on mask mandates in Arkansas schools

Now, that's some "but you have to understand..." he's doing, but at least he's asking the Arkansas Senate to override it so he can sign...unsign...he admits he made a mistake. School starts soon, you might want to get moving on that.