Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yes, they’re still on the laptop and his high paying jobs.
    Don't forget the FBI cover up probably the same FBI agents they think did January 6th.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Also I understand you are probably being sarcastic.
    Please, this is Team Trump we're talking about. It can be sarcasm and hypocrisy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    been meaning to ask for a while, but if Trump dies in the foreseeable future, which potential Republican could become the next Trump in personality and stature?
    Ron DeSantis is definitely trying to mold himself into Trump 2.0, but he lacks the pop cultural relevance and low class charisma Trump brings to the table. He reads as a politician where Trump reads as an entertainer. He's also sort of pitting himself against Trump which will divide the base.

Frankly I don't see any strong candidates for 2024 in either party at the moment. I'm doubtful that Biden or Trump will actually run again. Harris and Cruz probably want it but have no shot, I think. Crenshaw wants it, for sure, but I don't think the current Republican base wants him. AOC is too young. I don't know that Warren has the gravitas. Abrams, maybe? DeSantis vs Buttigieg feels very realistic to me, right now. But things will look very different after 2022 and even more different after folks start campaigning in earnest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Ron DeSantis is definitely trying to mold himself into Trump 2.0, but he lacks the pop cultural relevance and low class charisma Trump brings to the table. He reads as a politician where Trump reads as an entertainer. He's also sort of pitting himself against Trump which will divide the base.
    Gotta jump in here, nitpicking asshole that I am.

DeSantis isn't really pitting himself against Trump, as much as Trump is petty, I mean pitting himself against DeSantis. Trump has taken shots at DeSantis a few times, but I don't honestly remember DeSantis calling out Trump by name. It's been
    a) vaccines and mandates are bad, you should just die insteand, and
    b) pointing out that he still has a job and a majority of people voted for him

This could still lead to a split, of course. At some point, the GOP have told themselvs, Trump will eventually leave. He could have retired gracefully, "could" being that it was physically possible, but that ship has sailed. This leaves changing his mind and retiring gracefully, Melania divorcing him and/or announcing she had an abortion (costing Trump what's left of non-cult conservatives), Trump getting arrested or having all his money taken away, Trump getting too sick to run, or Trump dying. In that order. Those few remaining Republicans know they've lost their party and would like to have it back so they can do something other than lie about vaccines, election fraud, Hunter Biden, crowd sizes and marital fidelity. Maybe that last one. DeSantis is a nice, convenient off-ramp to do that. They get to keep the Trump voters for another election cycle.

Unless they die, because they don't believe in vaccines.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Gotta jump in here, nitpicking asshole that I am.

DeSantis isn't really pitting himself against Trump, as much as Trump is petty, I mean pitting himself against DeSantis. Trump has taken shots at DeSantis a few times, but I don't honestly remember DeSantis calling out Trump by name. It's been
    a) vaccines and mandates are bad, you should just die insteand, and
    b) pointing out that he still has a job and a majority of people voted for him

This could still lead to a split, of course. At some point, the GOP have told themselvs, Trump will eventually leave. He could have retired gracefully, "could" being that it was physically possible, but that ship has sailed. This leaves changing his mind and retiring gracefully, Melania divorcing him and/or announcing she had an abortion (costing Trump what's left of non-cult conservatives), Trump getting arrested or having all his money taken away, Trump getting too sick to run, or Trump dying. In that order. Those few remaining Republicans know they've lost their party and would like to have it back so they can do something other than lie about vaccines, election fraud, Hunter Biden, crowd sizes and marital fidelity. Maybe that last one. DeSantis is a nice, convenient off-ramp to do that. They get to keep the Trump voters for another election cycle.

Unless they die, because they don't believe in vaccines.
    Just curious, but what have you ever heard DeSantis say that indicates to you he thinks vaccines are bad. Not what interpretation of his remarks made by a third party have you read, but what have you heard him say?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    Just cur--
    Giving your post the credit it doesn't deserve, I'll first respond with a question: did DeSantis get a booster shot? You find a specific yes or no answer, then we can talk.

This is, of course, a question so heavily loaded it'll explode if you drop it. You won't find that answer. He refuses to say.

This is, of course, the answer to your question. I don't need to find something he said, because there's plenty he hasn't said.

I could also point to how he has fought vaccine mandates, even in places like schools, nursing homes, and private businesses, but I don't need to. You follow this tread, you already knew that. Makes me wonder why you're asking the question at all.

But like I said, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. You find DeSantis' booster situation, a specific, yes/no answer from a reliable source, like a press conference. If you can't find it, I win. But I somehow suspect you won't even look.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just curious, but what have you ever heard DeSantis say that indicates to you he thinks vaccines are bad. Not what interpretation of his remarks made by a third party have you read, but what have you heard him say?
    https://twitter.com/GovRonDeSantis/s...16663134572546

Wherein DeSantis calls vaccination a "personal health decision", ignoring the societal impacts of a lack of vaccination.

https://www.flgov.com/2021/09/13/for...or-floridians/

Wherein DeSantis chooses to stand with anti-vaxxers against vaccine mandates.

Just by way of easy examples. And no complaining that the sources misrepresent him; one of those is DeSantis' own Twitter and the second is one of his own news releases, through the state government site.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I could also point to how he has fought vaccine mandates, even in places like schools, nursing homes, and private businesses
    More notably, he gets others to do his dirty work for him:

DeSantis' surgeon general, Joseph Ladapo, is spreading Covid vaccine misinfo
    Florida Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis’ controversial decision to appoint as his surgeon general a doctor who previously likened Covid-19 vaccination efforts to a misguided “religion” is emerging as a potentially powerful weapon for his Covid denialism.

Ladapo is strengthening DeSantis’ position by staking out positions even too extreme for DeSantis to take.

DeSantis has tried to walk a careful line on the vaccine — acknowledging its safety, while also over-emphasizing monoclonal antibodies as an alternative and standing beside vaccine skeptics. But now the leading public health spokesperson in his government, Joseph Ladapo, is outright questioning vaccines and spreading disinformation about them.

This makes Ladapo a precious political asset for DeSantis: Rather than using his medical expertise to act as a check on DeSantis’ recklessly lax Covid policies, Ladapo is strengthening DeSantis’ position by staking out positions even too extreme for DeSantis to take, while providing them with a veneer of scientific expertise.

During a news conference Thursday, Ladapo made a number of shocking claims out of line with leading public health guidance and scientific claims about the vaccine. Standing with DeSantis by his side, he lambasted workplace mandates by openly questioning the idea that vaccines could be trusted and that the scientific community's claims about them were credible.
    Most of us are not gullible enough to fall for DeSantis' misdirect.

Also, obvious gaslighting attempts are obvious.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Also, obvious gaslighting attempts are obvious.
    Oh, I totally smelled fish for dinner. But hey, if he can find the press release or statement where he confirms DeSantis has gotten a booster, which I legit could not find, great. If not, he's proven he asked a question he already has the answer to. Either way, I win. Kind of makes me wonder why he even asked in the first place.

Looks at the mound of policy DeSantis has pushed that is both anti vaxx and covid misinformation

“But he doesn’t SAY he’s racist so he can’t be a racist” smug face

15+ Year Old Account
    Actions speak louder than words, and if you look at his actions it's evident that he's doing pretty much everything in his power to lower vaccination rates in Florida. If I didn't know better, I'd say he cares more about the viruses' lives than he does humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Actions speak louder than words, and if you look at his actions it's evident that he's doing pretty much everything in his power to lower vaccination rates in Florida. If I didn't know better, I'd say he cares more about the viruses' lives than he does humans.
    You can’t force things on people and expect it to work. That’s not the way to go about healthcare initiatives or most anything else in general. That he says ‘ok we’re not going to take that approach then’ does not mean he’s against vaccines, that’s silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can’t force things on people and expect it to work. That’s not the way to go about healthcare initiatives or most anything else in general.
    So, like... laws? Health and safety regulations?

Yes, they do work.

What a silly thing to say.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

You can’t force things on people and expect it to work.
    Weird how getting your routine battery of vaccinations before going to school/college and shit has literally never been viewed as "forcing things on people" but suddenly requiring a vaccination is basically, accordingly to many Republicans, the same thing as what the Nazi's did to the Jews.

Also, welcome to the basic foundation of law. Forcing people to comply with specific behaviors and limitations even if they don't want to. They seem to work well enough, in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can’t for--
    Hey, have you found the DeSantis booster answer yet? Because it sure sounds like you haven't even looked. This post feels like disingenuous deflection. That's not the case, is it? You're a genuine, honest poster, aren't you? Surely the answer is out there.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can’t force things on people and expect it to work. That’s not the way to go about healthcare initiatives or most anything else in general. That he says ‘ok we’re not going to take that approach then’ does not mean he’s against vaccines, that’s silly.
    Uh, yeah, you can. We've had vaccine mandates plenty of times in this country, actively have vaccine mandates for other viruses. Never mind all the other countless laws in this country, many of which are bullshit but still highly effective at limiting personal freedoms and enriching for example the prison industrial complex.

Hell, DeSantis wants to implement an abortion ban like the one Texas recently did, and banned teaching CRT in public schools.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2022-01-23 at 08:35 PM.

https://twitter.com/tomaskenn/status...10522640904192

Here's DeSantis pushing the "vaccines make you infertile" conspiracy nonsense.

That took me moments to find.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    https://twitter.com/tomaskenn/status...10522640904192

Here's DeSantis pushing the "vaccines make you infertile" conspiracy nonsense.

That took me moments to find.
    Plus the "natural immunity is fine" bullshit.

You can’t force things on people and expect it to work. That’s not the way to go about healthcare initiatives or most anything else in general.
    History says you're wrong. If you want children enrolled in school, then he or she will get the required shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    History says you're wrong. If you want children enrolled in school, then he or she will get the required shots.
    And if you don't want children being forced to vaccinate, switch to sucking dick instead of procreation!