Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    But you used hyberbole, if you actually did your research, which I know you didn't, Trumps been IQ tested in the past when he did his degree in economics decades ago and got 156. But I know you don't really care about that, in fact you'll probably believe it to be a lie or fabrication, you are convinced you are right, and no one will ever change your mind.
    When did I discuss what his IQ actually was? You may be talking to the wrong person.

I pointed out your use of hyperbole... whilst trying to complain about hyperbole. Do you not see the irony in that? How about the irony of complaining about cognitive dissonance, all while you are displaying it?

Seriously, you Trump defenders are so damn predictable.

10+ Year Old Account
    America elected a reality show personality to president. We now have a reality show administration. How many people are actually surprised by all this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    Support the south isn't supporting slavery. It's supporting state rights like NOT being taxed unfairly? North had slaves too. Go put the race card back in your toddler toy box.
    Read the history of the civil war. Read the words of southern confederate leaders. The war was about slavery. The south was about slavery. Stop with the revisionist bullshit.

"It's about states rights!"

Yeah.

State's rights to own slaves.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Trying to get a racist or bigot to admit they are racist or bigoted is a wasted cause. You aren't going to get someone to come out and say "well, sure, I think blacks are inferior." They'll just dog whistle around the topic all day long then get all indignant when you call them out on it. Also -- see homophobes.

you knew he was the anti-christ as soon as he was born! you could feel it in the force couldn't you!

I'm not saying he's some saint, but you guys make him out to be the love child of Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, and Genghis Khan. Oh no he likes to barge in on the hottest naked women on the planet, he must be a serial killer or something, oh he took advantage of the financial system for personal gain, he should get the electric chair.

You guys really come off sounding as real naive young children with a very black and white moral compass.

In fact the media has gotten people so whipped up about Trump, I think they hate Trump more than the Las Vegas Shooter or the Boston Bomber or Osama Bin Laden.
    See, you're still doing it. You're taking his tamest "misdeeds" to portray him as a worthwhile human being, and ignoring his decades of shittery that have landed him on the losing end of court cases and legal investigations time and time again. And yes, like another poster said, diverting attention from those with hyperbole, because hey, he didn't MURDER anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Trying to get a racist or bigot to admit they are racist or bigoted is a wasted cause. You aren't going to get someone to come out and say "well, sure, I think blacks are inferior." They'll just dog whistle around the topic all day long then get all indignant when you call them out on it. Also -- see homophobes.
    John Oliver did a perfect segment on it on his show.

The best part? The part with the redneck carrying the battle flag of the confederacy and the black dude in the white suit.
    "Why are you carrying that flag?" - Black guy
    "It's my heritage! My family fought to defend its farm!" - Red neck
    "And who was working that farm?"
    "My family! We were poor! Do you know how much a slave cost back then?"

Like, are you that lacking in self awareness to realize what you said? That you just basically implied that your family would have owned slaves if they could afford it?
    Putin khuliyo

But you used hyberbole, if you actually did your research, which I know you didn't, Trumps been IQ tested in the past when he did his degree in economics decades ago and got 156. But I know you don't really care about that, in fact you'll probably believe it to be a lie or fabrication, you are convinced you are right, and no one will ever change your mind. People who disagree are just mindless sheep and only you know the truth.
    You know those online tests are bullshit right? If his IQ was ever 156 then he has since suffered significant brain damage. Whatever was in the past does not matter at all either, it is blatantly obvious to all who interact with him that he is, and I'll quote the honorable secretary here: "a fucking moron". The fact that he gets into pathetic pissing competitions like this alone is proof enough that he is unfit. No person that is an adult and of decent intelligence would, having the role of president, be so petty as to actually suggest something like this. Speaking of IQ tests, you're in one right now and you're failing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Read the history of the civil war. Read the words of southern confederate leaders. The war was about slavery. The south was about slavery. Stop with the revisionist bullshit.

"It's about states rights!"

Yeah.

State's rights to own slaves.
    Doesn't matter what theyaid, just look at their actions. He never owned any slaves. The north were the most hypocritical people on the planet when they had slaves. It really was not about slavery. You read a history book.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You mean like a state's right... to keep slaves? If you don't believe me, believe the men who opted to leave the Union...they bring up slavery a great deal.

https://www.civilwar.org/learn/prima...eceding-states

Then there's your utter disdain for immigrants, add that into the mix. There's also your sordid love of Hitler's writings and your xenophobia. Hey, if you want to support slavers, don't get pissed when people say you support slavery.

Here's a very telling thread you started:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ach-Mein-Kampf
    Accept it wasn't most of them didn't have slaves. Those links are wrong just like most websites talking about the civil war.

Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    You know those online tests are bullshit right? If his IQ was ever 156 then he has since suffered significant brain damage. Whatever was in the past does not matter at all either, it is blatantly obvious to all who interact with him that he is, and I'll quote the honorable secretary here: "a fucking moron". The fact that he gets into pathetic pissing competitions like this alone is proof enough that he is unfit. No person that is an adult and of decent intelligence would, having the role of president, be so petty as to actually suggest something like this. Speaking of IQ tests, you're in one right now and you're failing it.
    I can see you are an intelligent open minded individual willing to sit down and discuss these issues maturely. You guys really aren't giving the best impression here.

Also I still need you guys to clarify whether he's the most cunning criminal mastermind in history or so dumb a chimp could beat him at checkers. which one is it.
    Last edited by Strangewayes; 2017-10-10 at 04:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter what theyaid, just look at their actions. He never owned any slaves. The north were the most hypocritical people on the planet when they had slaves. It really was not about slavery. You read a history book.

- - - Updated - - -

Accept it wasn't most of them didn't have slaves. Those links are wrong just like most websites talking about the civil war.
    Yeah, and all the historians are wrong too I suppose right?
    Putin khuliyo

What's with Trump's obsession with IQ tests? Over the years he's constantly challenged others to them to prove how smart he is, why doesn't he just take one and release his verified score so that others can compare without the need for all of Trump's flaccid, impotent bluster?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is drama, not politics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    What's with Trump's obsession with IQ tests? Over the years he's constantly challenged others to them to prove how smart he is, why doesn't he just take one and release his verified score so that others can compare without the need for all of Trump's flaccid, impotent bluster?
    Putin khuliyo

- - - Updated - - -

Those are the literal words of those states in their declarations of secession. This isn't fake news, it's coming straight from their own mouths.

Oh, you are also a Nazi sympathizer, so there's that, too.

I can see you are an intelligent open minded individual willing to sit down and discuss these issues maturely. You guys really aren't giving the best impression here.
    There's been sufficient nuanced debate on the issue of Trump to convince anyone not closing themselves off entirely from reality. But i'll humor you. tell me on what topic would you like to discuss his leadership ability?

Should we consider...

His ability to unify the people? O right, like that time he unified the nation by taking a firm stand for a group of neo Nazis who killed an innocent woman.

His skills in diplomacy and international affairs? Like how he managed to piss off and undermine most of Americas closest and most powerful allies in about 5 months time? Or how he accidently spilled the beans on highly classified and volatile information. Or his huge progress made on North Korea by starting a name calling match with its dictator, and subsequently losing said match (Dotard > Rocketman). No maybe it was the time he undermined the world order America largely established by casting doubts on his commitment to NATO and having shady deals with Russia.

How he came through in a time of crisis? Like how he started a shitshow about something as insignificant as a player kneeling during the anthem while millions of Americans struggle in Puerto Rico during a huge disaster.

How he delivers on his promises and gets things done? Just kidding, no wall, no Obamacare repeal, nothing. Only shattered support among the party he ran for. But but Neil Gorsuch!

Maybe it was his amazing personality? The dignity that he brings to the oval office? His great treatment of women? His work ethic? His golf swing?

The time for nuance is over, we tried to bring it to you delicately, now its time for the rod.

It really was not about slavery. You read a history book.
    History books state that the defining metric for the southern states was slavery and its existence (or lack thereof) in new expanding territories. As the southern economy revolved around slavery, most notably the major port cities whose revenue primarily came from the export of slave-harvested cotton, maintaining slavery was the key issue. A prohibition on slavery in new territories would eventually mean that that southern slave-holding states would always be outnumbered by free states and their position would be simply overruled by majority in Congress. After Lincoln was elected with his abolitionist views (and not even being on the ballot in 10 of the southern states), they decided that for their own economic survival, which again depended on slavery, they would need to form their own nation or risk always being the small fish in the big pond.

Yes, I read a history book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    History books state that the defining metric for the southern states was slavery and its existence (or lack thereof) in new expanding territories. As the southern economy revolved around slavery, most notably the major port cities whose revenue primarily came from the export of slave-harvested cotton, maintaining slavery was the key issue. A prohibition on slavery in new territories would eventually mean that that southern slave-holding states would always be outnumbered by free states and their position would be simply overruled by majority in Congress. After Lincoln was elected with his abolitionist views (and not even being on the ballot in 10 of the southern states), they decided that for their own economic survival, which again depended on slavery, they would need to form their own nation or risk always being the small fish in the big pond.

Yes, I read a history book.
    No obviously you don't cause it was never about slavery. It was about taxation.

What part of what I said was incorrect? What is your source that states this assessment is incorrect? What states rights and taxation caused the south to secede and form the Confederacy which did not involve slavery? Why was slavery and financial protection for slave owners written into the Confederate Constitution if slavery was such a non-issue? Why did Confederate leaders state the utmost importance of the preservation of slavery if it was such a non-issue? If what I said was incorrect, then why was the slavery status of every new territory admitted to the Union prior to the Civil War so contentious (Bleeding Kansas, ect)? If the Confederacy were so concerned with states' rights, why did they force the Fugitive Slave Act of 1850 instead of respecting the local laws of other states?

Lol, it's cute how you continue to rail against reality.

But please, keep defending your treasonous position.

It was about slavery. Stop deflecting. You should read the US history
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker