https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1580712690766712833

Lmao my respect for Pelosi just increased some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    https://twitter.com/USATODAY/status/1580767350239813632

I mean it's not exactly like their strategy was a secret at this point, but wouldn't have expected Bannon to just come right out and say it.
    Holy hell the comments on that post are insane. I mean, actual honest to god lunacy. ‘Just because he said it at a hearing looking for evidence doesnt make it evidence’

Quote Originally Posted by Jaransan View Post
    Holy hell the comments on that post are insane. I mean, actual honest to god lunacy.
    Cultists gonna cult.

When reality gets too uncomfortable, just stick your fingers in your ears and scream "But Hunter! But Hillary! But gas prices! But BLM!" loud enough and I'm sure it will all just go away.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2022-10-14 at 11:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Cultists gonna cult.

When reality gets too uncomfortable, just stick your fingers in your ears and scream "But Hunter! But Hillary! But gas prices! But BLM!" loud enough and I'm sure it will all just go away.
    Which btw, gas prices have nearly normalized in my area. Down to 3.30/gal.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Which btw, gas prices have nearly normalized in my area. Down to 3.30/gal.
    Yeah, pretty much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1580712690766712833

Lmao my respect for Pelosi just increased some more.
    Nancy Pelosi remained calm in the face of the same violent mob that Josh Hawley and Mitt Romney ran from.
    She made calls to governors and the National Guard.

Unironically, she's the best Speaker in the history of the US.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump...actually gets a win today.

Google allows Truth Social on its app store. Satisfied, for now, that Trump is enforcing moderation on the topic of inciting violence.

But, based on this being Trump's followers and an election on the way, I have my doubts this will last long. Enough provable unmoderated threats and they'll be kicked right back off again.

EDIT: Of course, DWAC stock price fell again today...maybe this news will let it recover?

Steve Scalise claimed that Nancy Pelosi did not call the National Guard.

He was one of the six people shown huddling together while Pelosi made the call to Ralph Northam, governor of Virginia, asking him to send the National Guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post

He was one of the six people shown huddling together while Pelosi made the call to Ralph Northam, governor of Virginia, asking him to send the National Guard.
    Man, I guess getting shot by an extremist taught him absolutely nothing. Arguably, his lies are some of the worst the Republicans have told because as you note, he was literally next to Pelosi as she was calling for the fucking National Guard.

This is, again, why nobody should ever take Republicans at their word. Ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again, it's time for Guess the Speaker!

Just fyi. POTUS is pissed. breaking news - Supreme Court denied his law suit. He is livid now.
    "Uh...wait, is this about the Mar-a-Lago case? Because he's not POTUS."

Good question: no. That was a text sent Dec 11, 2020.

"It kinda sounds like Hutchinson's testimony we just saw."

It's the same day, so yes. That was a SS text message, also shown, likely about the same time that

According to Hutchinson, Trump “said something to the effect of, ‘I don’t want people to know we lost, Mark. This is embarrassing. Figure it out. We need to figure it out. I don’t want people to know that we lost.’”
    If enough people can demonstrate Trump knew he fairly and legally lost, then it counts as evidence that Trump not only started a murderous insurrection (that he apparently wanted to personally physically lead) but did so knowing he was breaking a whole slew of laws, potentially including treason.

It doesn't seem realistic that the Jan 6th committee both can and would push the DOJ towards charges before their own Mar-a-Lago investigation has the DOJ file charges of its own. But at this point, the panel has made it objectively clear that Team Trump took actions even they knew were immoral, unethical, and illegal. Calling for a protest when you think you were cheated is one thing, inciting violence when you know you weren't is another. And we know Team Trump helped organize the rally, helped organize the Fake Electors, then refused to answer the phone when the plan they set forth led to anarchy and death.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post

If Scalise tries to "What I Meant Was" his way out of this, I hope he's in the room with Pelosi when he does, and she punches him. Because Scalise claiming he forgot is not credible, and Scalise hiding behind "well she didn't call them directly" is in the "she's not allowed to asshole, she's not Executive Branch" category.

And even that's not valid, because she called the DOD anyhow.

Yeah, this calls for a NYTimes article.

The tense behind-the-scenes video, taken over the course of five hours, underscored how deeply the leaders feared for the safety of their colleagues and staff members. And it showed how, even through fear and disbelief, they strategized over how to reclaim the building.

Watching the rioters’ assault on television, Ms. Pelosi and Senator Chuck Schumer, Democrat of New York and the majority leader, swiftly sent out calls for help, imploring governors of nearby states to dispatch the National Guard to the Capitol and pleading with top national security officials to respond more aggressively.

“They’re obviously ransacking our offices and all the rest of that; that’s nothing,” Ms. Pelosi told Jeffrey A. Rosen, then the acting attorney general, on a call with Mr. Schumer. “The concern we have is about personal safety — it just transcends everything.”

Mr. Schumer, wielding his signature flip phone, chimed in: “Why don’t you get the president to tell them to leave the Capitol, Mr. Attorney General, in your law enforcement responsibility? A public statement that they should all leave.”

In a flash of anger, Mr. Schumer declared that he would call the Defense Department. Once on the phone, his fury was revealed as fear.

“We have some senators who are still in their hideaways,” Mr. Schumer said, referring to small, unmarked offices inside the Capitol. “They need massive personnel now.”

As she was on the phone with Ralph Northam, then the governor of Virginia, asking him to deploy the state’s National Guard to Washington, Ms. Pelosi watched on television as a rioter shattered glass with a police officer’s shield.

“Oh my gosh. They’re just breaking windows,” she told him. “They’re just — they said somebody was shot.”

In one striking scene, Mr. Schumer, Ms. Pelosi, Mr. McConnell, and Representative Steve Scalise of Louisiana, the No. 2 House Republican, were shown clustered around a cellphone, speaking intently with top Defense Department officials.

“How soon in the future can you have the place evacuated?” Mr. Schumer asked.

The Pentagon official, who was left unnamed in the video, dodged the question, telling Mr. Schumer that he didn’t want to speak for “the leadership that’s going to be responsible for executing the operation.”

“Well, just pretend for a moment that it was the Pentagon or the White House or some other entity that was under siege,” Ms. Pelosi retorted. “And let me say, you can logistically get people there as you make the plan.”
    So Scalise is maybe able to hide behind a loophole, but that only will reveal what a scumsucking liar he is. He was on the same phone call with the same DOD.

From June 9:

"I definitely gave the number of 10,000 National Guardsmen, and [said] I think you should have 10,000 of the National Guard ready," Trump told the news channel during a February 28, 2021, interview. "They took that number. From what I understand, they gave it to the people at the Capitol, which is controlled by Pelosi. And I heard they rejected it because they didn't think it would look good. So, you know, that was a big mistake."

The Washington Post and USA Today have both debunked Trump's claim. USA Today wrote that Pelosi's office was never contacted by the president regarding such a recommendation, and the Pentagon has denied having record of the request. Additionally, the Department of Defense's timeline of the events leading up to the Capitol riot also makes no mention of a National Guard request, and the former House sergeant-at-arms said he had no discussions with congressional leaders about the matter, according to USA Today.

Jim Banks was the first to make the allegation during Thursday's news conference. He said one question that should be asked about the events of January 6 is if Pelosi was "involved in the decision to delay National Guard assistance on January 6."
    Scalise and my Rep, vapid whore Elise Stefanik, were also there, smiling and nodding.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    If Scalise tries to "What I Meant Was" his way out of this, I hope he's in the room with Pelosi when he does, and she punches him.
    Liberals are always endorsing political violence! /s

But real, I hope so too. I'm not so sure with Scalise, but I 100% believe she could knock Trump on his ass. Because this is the kind of response these kinds of dangerous lies deserve.

- - - Updated - - -

Actual fundraising email...let's break it down -

1. What job is former president Trump doing to save America? Does he have a job? I thought he was in between jobs?

2. How is he fighting to SAVE AMERICA for the AMERICAN PEOPLE every day?

3. Lots of allcaps WE WILL MAKE AMERICA X

4. Heritage dog whistles, ooph.

5. I don't believe Trump considers any of these people friends, nor does he even want their opinions.

This fundraising email sent out yesterday, because there's never a bad time for Trump to fundraise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump sends 14-page letter to Jan 6th panel.

Uses the term "Witch Hunt" with caps, twice. Does not say if he'll testify.

But, and you come to me for this, massive self-own.

In February 2021, Time Magazine broke the story
    of the shadow campaign that was launched to rig the 2020 Presidential Election.
    The authors write:
    “‘To the President, something felt amiss. ‘It was all very, very strange,’
    Trump said on Dec. 2. ‘Within days after the election, we witnessed an
    orchestrated effort to anoint the winner, even while many key states were
    still being counted.’ In a way, Trump was right. There was a conspiracy
    unfolding behind the scenes…”
    [EDITOR: Trump stops quoting TIME at that point]
    It took me 20 seconds to find the article. Because I am not a lying fraud, I will let you read every word of it yourself to see if Trump's depiction is accurate, but I will also quote this extensive part in the middle:

Their work touched every aspect of the election. They got states to change voting systems and laws and helped secure hundreds of millions in public and private funding. They fended off voter-suppression lawsuits, recruited armies of poll workers and got millions of people to vote by mail for the first time. They successfully pressured social media companies to take a harder line against disinformation and used data-driven strategies to fight viral smears. They executed national public-awareness campaigns that helped Americans understand how the vote count would unfold over days or weeks, preventing Trump’s conspiracy theories and false claims of victory from getting more traction. After Election Day, they monitored every pressure point to ensure that Trump could not overturn the result. “The untold story of the election is the thousands of people of both parties who accomplished the triumph of American democracy at its very foundation,” says Norm Eisen, a prominent lawyer and former Obama Administration official who recruited Republicans and Democrats to the board of the Voter Protection Program.

For Trump and his allies were running their own campaign to spoil the election. The President spent months insisting that mail ballots were a Democratic plot and the election would be “rigged.” His henchmen at the state level sought to block their use, while his lawyers brought dozens of spurious suits to make it more difficult to vote–an intensification of the GOP’s legacy of suppressive tactics. Before the election, Trump plotted to block a legitimate vote count. And he spent the months following Nov. 3 trying to steal the election he’d lost–with lawsuits and conspiracy theories, pressure on state and local officials, and finally summoning his army of supporters to the Jan. 6 rally that ended in deadly violence at the Capitol.

The democracy campaigners watched with alarm. “Every week, we felt like we were in a struggle to try to pull off this election without the country going through a real dangerous moment of unraveling,” says former GOP Representative Zach Wamp, a Trump supporter who helped coordinate a bipartisan election-protection council. “We can look back and say this thing went pretty well, but it was not at all clear in September and October that that was going to be the case.”

This is the inside story of the conspiracy to save the 2020 election, based on access to the group’s inner workings, never-before-seen documents and interviews with dozens of those involved from across the political spectrum. It is the story of an unprecedented, creative and determined campaign whose success also reveals how close the nation came to disaster. “Every attempt to interfere with the proper outcome of the election was defeated,” says Ian Bassin, co-founder of Protect Democracy, a nonpartisan rule-of-law advocacy group. “But it’s massively important for the country to understand that it didn’t happen accidentally. The system didn’t work magically. Democracy is not self-executing.”
    And

On March 3, Podhorzer drafted a three-page confidential memo titled “Threats to the 2020 Election.” “Trump has made it clear that this will not be a fair election, and that he will reject anything but his own re-election as ‘fake’ and rigged,” he wrote. “On Nov. 3, should the media report otherwise, he will use the right-wing information system to establish his narrative and incite his supporters to protest.” The memo laid out four categories of challenges: attacks on voters, attacks on election administration, attacks on Trump’s political opponents and “efforts to reverse the results of the election.”
    Trump referenced an article that called him out for being a lying liar traitor cheat. He either cherry-picked the only snippet which made him sound even remotely correct and lied about it on purpose, or he's a fucking clueless windbag who saw that line, didn't read the rest, assumed like the sociopath he is the rest agreed with him, and cited it. Neither trait is redeeming.

I've been cautioned, oh, "once or twice" about naming known Trump supporters and asking them to explain and/or defend Trump's behavior. However, I do think it's fair to say none of them will explain his choice of citing that article, nor defend his actions in that article. They're welcome to show up here and prove me wrong. Or, if they're too much of a craven coward to do so, they may admit that by remaining silent. Don't like being called a coward? Post on topic and demonstrate you're not. Otherwise it's not my fault your pants reek of piss, but it might help put out the fire known to burst from them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This fundraising email sent out yesterday
    I would also challenge Trump supporters on the 96% approval, by the way. Because we've all seen that that's just not the case. I even have the counter-argument written up already. But, sure, why not, they can take a swing at that one, too. Show results that verify or even come close to that from a source that isn't Trump. Rasmussen, perhaps.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...ps-1234609257/

Oh boy, sounds like the Tucker Carlson interview with Kanye was a lot worse than thought.

They edited out a lot of the more antisemetic elements of the interview. Seemingly intentionally.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I guess this is the "Arrest Trump" waiting room now, huh? There's so many different people out there now that can and should indict him any fucking day now.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/ted-...-supremacists/

Ted Cruz, misinformation peddler, once again shares some misinforamation before deleting it because he's an idiot that falls for anything.

This time: Muslim white supremacists! The Atlantic reported it!

Except they didn't. He has since deleted the tweet.

This is not the first time he's shared misinformation - https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/statu...15017611808769

I guess electing gullible, dishonest idiots to the Senate is actually a good thing!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I guess this is the "Arrest Trump" waiting room now, huh? There's so many different people out there now that can and should indict him any fucking day now.
    I’d much rather they make sure every t is crossed and i is dotted than rush into it.

Even if his rabid fans don’t care how methodically, soundly, and professionally the charges against him were filed, the legal system certainly does, and consequently don’t care about trump’s non-under oath bloviating or his sycophants’ mad ramblings. And with Trump’s lawyers flailing around, the more solid the case is against him, the better the chance of actual action, regardless of the time frame.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Waiting room won't open until after the mid-term elections.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I’d much rather they make sure every t is crossed and i is dotted than rush into it.
    Indeed. It looks like he's objectively guilty of having WH property, but there may yet be a loophole or bullshit excuse a Trump judge could just decide to accept.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Indeed. It looks like he's objectively guilty of having WH property, but there may yet be a loophole or bullshit excuse a Trump judge could just decide to accept.
    https://twitter.com/MikeSington/stat...56459965087746

Did you see this? He is pissed at Jared Kushner and Ivanka didn't secure him a 2nd pardon for the January 6th Insurrection. Its funny when criminals record their crimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Did you see this?
    No...what is that from? That watermark, is that from the documentary?