Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I think he was speaking facetiously, as in “the debaters will basically be auditioning for Trump’s VP pick” which means they’ll spend the whole debate seeing who can fluff him up the most.
    Yea.
    I've little doubt. But the debate should show us for certain.
    The big problem however is the reality check of voters. While there's plenty of Trump cultists, there's more that aren't.
    That said, there's still time for things to change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    What if a state decides to scrub him from the ballot anyway and the case that fails to reach SCOTUS in time is the one to reinstate him?
    Few things.
    One, Panda is right, and 6-3 gives them motivation to do so.
    Two, this would be a weaker case unless Trump is actually convicted of the relevant crimes in time. Despite all the evidence we've seen, if, say, Illinois said "it's clear he's going to lose this court case, so we're kicking him off the ballot before that actually happens" that will get injoined and reversed until it actually happens, then challenged anyhow. Leaving him on the ballot is far more passive and can be done at any time.
    Three, I can only think of one state willing to do this, that might vote for Trump. Florida. That's enough to hurt, but it would involve DeSantis recovering his flailing numbers and then also pushing his own legislature to do the rest out of spite.
    @Gorsameth also pointed out ballots are made ahead of time, and while a state legislature might make a last-second change, again, not a state up for play, and it would be injoined.

The best bet for America is to leave him on the ballot and vote against him anyhow. A split ticket will make that far easier, but America has a chance here to prove that the majority of us aren't willing to put a lying loser insane felon back in the White House.

- - - Updated - - -

It's clear that Team Trump is coordinating, in the sense that Trump is setting the direction and everyone else is following.

Yes, there are things we didn't present then [in 2020] because over the next couple of years, a lot of people did a lot of work and have been able to produce more witnesses and what I would call scientific evidence that is very persuasive.

The fact is I know he believed it, and I did. And many others did—in fact, about 50 percent of the American people believed it.
    "Your Honor, you can't convict me. I felt like we won. I had feelings."

So, he's lying of course. It wasn't 50 percent and it wasn't close to 50%. Saying that it was okay back then because he did two years of research since should also be inadmissible. Giuliani was front and center when court case after court case was tossed for lack of evidence other than fever dreams. This report that was supposed to be revealed today is being promoted as exculpatory evidence by someone who doesn't have it, and looks more and more like attempts to re-litigate those cases with more rumors, more speculation, and more hearsay. In other words, more stalling, which we now have proof was the entire point of the lawsuits the first time.

But Giuliani laid out the Team Trump defense right there in public. They felt it was stolen.

Fuck their feelings.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The best bet for America is to leave him on the ballot and vote against him anyhow. A split ticket will make that far easier, but America has a chance here to prove that the majority of us aren't willing to put a lying loser insane felon back in the White House.
    As long as people remember to GET OUT AND VOTE instead of accepting the idea of, "Oh, he can't win!" and staying home. He nearly won last time. I've heard commentators online talking about how he doesn't have a chance without the independents, but that's not true at all. If enough Democratic voters don't vote because they think it's in the bag, he'll win again just like he did in 2016. There were way too many people who took the polls and commentators at face value and said, "Well shucks, if these people say he can't win, I won't even go to vote. Saves me time and trouble!" When in reality that just fucked us all over massively.

Please, I beg of all that is good and decent, let us not have a repeat of 2016.

As the trial date approaches...man, I'm not sure if I need to be more specific...both Mike Pence and Mark Meadows have now both publicly said they did not know of Trump's telepathic declassifying abilities. Mark Meadows is probably not happy with this, because his statement was to Agent Smith, and it just got leaked. Pence said it on TV on purpose.

While I'm sure Trump wouldn't tell Pence anything in a general sense, the Vice President and Chief of Staff both not knowing is kind of a red flag for Trump. To date, no evidence of Trump's standing declassification order has been found, and nobody believable has said it exists. And I want you to re-read the word "believable" and remember I am adding Meadows to the list, who was indicted in Georgia for election fraud.
    I was just reading this and man, this is the least surprising news of all time.

Also there was another piece...NYT I think? About Meadows in general, I was reading it while half awake this morning scrolling through my newsfeed. Basically about how he's a slimy piece of shit that nobody actually likes or trusts, recounting that time he was the source of many WH leaks that he then went on to publicly and explicitly deny and how he at one time begged Speaker Boehner for forgiveness, on his hands and knees, before later going on to vote against him for Speaker.

I might have forgotten, but Meadows sounds astoundingly incompetent and bad at any job he's ever done.

10+ Year Old Account
    FOX News *ding* questions skipping the debate.

By skipping the debates, though, Donald Trump may actually be helping Joe Biden, because he’s giving Joe Biden an excuse for not debating Donald Trump.

That’s one of the things that Ronna McDaniel told the former president when she was trying to get him to do the first debate. But he said, ‘Nope, not going to do it.’
    Bear in mind, in that same minute, they said Biden couldn't complete a sentence.

FOX News *ding* questions skipping the debate.

Bear in mind, in that same minute, they said Biden couldn't complete a sentence.
    Of course. Their suggestion is that Joe would want to skip the debate because he can't debate (even though that is trump's problem).

Biden has every reason to want to show how bad trump is via a debate.

All jokes aside, the rumor is Donald wants Barron more involved. But Melania is steadfast in an extreme rage against it.

it's nice to see trump admit a child could do better then him.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post

All jokes aside, the rumor is Donald wants Barron more involved. But Melania is steadfast in an extreme rage against it.
    Are they even back in the country yet? Last I heard, She, Barron and her parents fled the country a while ago.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Are they even back in the country yet? Last I heard, She, Barron and her parents fled the country a while ago.
    I hope not, for their sake. Marrying into Trump's family was a ridiculous mistake in the extreme, but she at least seems to accept that he's an utter scumbag and wants nothing to do with him.

As far as I know she still lives on Mar-a-Lago.

Hmm... Yeah, that checks out. Barron probably would be able to debate more effectively than his father.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know she still lives on Mar-a-Lago.
    Mar-a-Lago is huge. You could wander around all day, and still not see your stolen documents.

On topic: guess who has a court filing!

...and guess who needs to be way more specific! Meeeeeeeee it's Agent Smith.

Feast your eyes on six pages of "no, you're wrong" and actually uses prescedent instead of Twitter.

The Government submits this reply to aid the Court in setting a fair and prompt trial
    schedule. In service of a proposed trial date in 2026 that would deny the public its right to a
    speedy trial, the defendant cites inapposite statistics and cases, overstates the amount of new and
    non-duplicative discovery, and exaggerates the challenge of reviewing it effectively. For the
    reasons below, neither the discovery nor any other factor raised by the defense impedes a fair trial
    on the schedule proposed by the Government.
    Also? He used a font that cuts and pastes well.

The first discovery production also included more than 100,000 pages of duplicative
    material because the Government sought to produce it in an exceptionally organized, clear, and
    user-friendly fashion
    . For example, if the Government obtained a record and then showed it to a
    witness during an interview, the record would appear twice in discovery—first clearly linked to
    the source from which the Government obtained it, and second in a clearly-marked witness
    interview folder. In addition, the Government took on the task of providing the defense a set of
    key, organized documents that the Government views as some of the most pertinent to its case-in-
    chief. These include certain key grand jury transcripts and other exhibits cited in the indictment.
    In other words, "we did half your work for you".

In cases such as this one, the burden of reviewing discovery cannot be measured by page
    count alone, and comparisons to the height of the Washington Monument and the length of a
    Tolstoy novel are neither helpful nor insightful
    Damn. I think Chris Rock felt that one.

For example, the defense points out that the Government’s
    proposal to start jury selection on December 11, 2023, conflicts with a motions hearing in his
    criminal case in the Southern District of Florida. Such true conflicts are easily addressed—the
    Government now proposes instead that jury selection begin later during the week of December 11
    to accommodate the hearing date in the Florida case.
    "You wanted three years? We'll meet you halfway. How about three days?"

And, my favorite:

Respectfully submitted, Jack Smith
    I don't think a single one of Team Trump's many, many court filings have used the word "respect" for anyone, ever. If some cultist wants to check, go right ahead. Until then, I'm just hammerdancing offstage and assuming I won.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...dia-surrogate/

I thought Byron Donalds was gonna be the Trump surrogate at the debate Trump isn't going to. But apparently not? It's Don Jr. and his wife/girlfriend (no clue what their current status is) who will go instead which...at least one of those two has a touch of political experience and it's not the guy who constantly goes on camera with the sniffles and bloodshot eyes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Surprised it hasn't been posted yet.

Trump scheduled to be booked on Thursday, $200k bond, and a pretty strict gag order.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post

Trump scheduled to be booked on Thursday, $200k bond, and a pretty strict gag order.
    I'm kind of hoping it is with an actual gag. Along with mittens that he cannot take off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post

And the gag order will be broke 30 seconds after he walks outside.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Trump surrogate at the debate
    Since when can you send your alt to the debate?

Since when can you send your alt to the debate?
    Kind of hope that if Jr actually ends up attending the debate instead of Trump, that every time he tries to answer a question the rest of the debaters just tell him to shut up because they want Trump's reply, not his.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Kind of hope that if Jr actually ends up attending the debate instead of Trump, that every time he tries to answer a question the rest of the debaters just tell him to shut up because they want Trump's reply, not his.
    He shouldn't be allowed on the stage to even allow that as an option. Can you imagine Biden flaking and sending Obama? Because I can, that'd be fucking fantastic, but completely inappropriate.

That said, each candidate should prepare a list of at least five to ten things to cut off "If my father were here, he'd say--" The obvious is "But he isn't, that's the problem, who invited you, Junior?" but I'm hoping for "Not guilty, your honor!" in the mix.