10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No financial statement included - which sound like a pretty important document.
    He could always show us his taxes.

(grins)

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    He could always show us his taxes.

(grins)
    There are only two certainties with Trump; a dearth of taxes.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Trump's request to delay hush-money trial until Supreme Court rules on immunity...?

Judge Merchan; Nah, fuck those guys

15+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/highbrow_nobrow/...62293243183121

Trump: Would you rather have the white president or the black president?

He's just straight up saying one of the last quiet parts out loud. And no it's not any better with context.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    https://twitter.com/highbrow_nobrow/...62293243183121

Trump: Would you rather have the white president or the black president?

He's just straight up saying one of the last quiet parts out loud. And no it's not any better with context.
    Did he just imply his entire support base are racists? I'd love to hear some trumpkin explain this one out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Pump-and-dump investors cash out on 'crazy' Trump fans buying up Truth Social stock

One such investor was Mohammed Al Shalloudi, a 21-year-old data analyst from the United Arab Emirates, who rushed to invest in the Truth Media stock as soon as it became available because he believed he could get Trump supporters to pay premium prices for a stock that he believed was wildly overpriced.

Al Shalloudi's bet has already paid off, given that he bought up shares when they were trading at $37 a piece and then sold them off last week when the price hit $65.

"It was a no-brainer," he tells Reuters. "You buy the stock, wait for Trump's fan base to hear about it, and enjoy your profit."

A software developer who only wished to be identified as Sarah told Reuters that her calculus in investing in the Truth Social parent company was similar to Al Shalloudi's.

“I invested $10,000 last Tuesday because MAGA is crazy and they will pump the stock,” she explained.

If I had a few thousand I could afford to lose if I guessed wrong, I'd have done the same.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/04/polit...irst-amendment

An Atlanta-area judge on Thursday upheld the criminal indictment against former President Donald Trump in Georgia, rejecting the argument that Trump’s efforts to overturn the 2020 election were protected under the First Amendment.
    Another judicial loss for Donald, and a very obvious one at that.

10+ Year Old Account
    More bad news for Trump yet nothing happens. He still doing what ever the fuck he wants. "But we have to let the legal process take time!" Sorry but Time is something we do not have anymore...

10+ Year Old Account
    More pressing news for Trump Org and MAGA fans!
    Is Trump's $175 million civil fraud bond valid in New York?
    BAsically, the bond submittal is missing key information. Does not appear to be valid. Im sure the big brain appeals judges will be shocked... just shocked by this demonstartion of incivility! Trump tried to cheat on his homework.
    • Basic accounting of Trump's current solvency and finannancials.
    • "Including that the company doesn't appear to be licensed in New York and doesn't appear to have enough capital to make this undertaking,"
    • The company also does not appear to meet a restriction under New York insurance law barring companies from putting more than 10% of their capital at risk.

Suspect we’re going to end up learning that trump didn’t put up much or any of what knight’s CEO has claimed he did.
    That knight’s CEO told his employees to just do it and ignored the details and the rules.
    Trump is incapable of filling out the most basic legal forms.
    Any truthful accounting of Trump finnancials will likely reveal just more fraud and other crimes.

He pledged as collateral his girlfriend in Canada...
    Last edited by Milchshake; 2024-04-04 at 05:28 PM.
    Government Affiliated Snark

I am going to laugh my ass off if this company is in fact not legally able to post bonds for NY court cases.
    Sadly I suspect they will then just give Trump another month to refile.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    More bad news for Trump yet nothing happens. He still doing what ever the fuck he wants. "But we have to let the legal process take time!" Sorry but Time is something we do not have anymore...
    There’s a difference in asking to wait in the prosecution and being annoyed at trumps constant stalling.

Making sure the prosecution has enough time to get all their ducks in a row is insanely important.

However, continuing to treat Trump with any sort of notion of “good faith” is utterly ridiculous.

And I don’t think anyone is saying “just give Trump more time.”
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

DJT fell about 5% Thursday after Trump made a pair of posts on Truth Social bragging about his social network.

"First of all, it is very solid, having over $200M in CASH and ZERO DEBT," Trump posted. "More importantly, it is the primary way I get the word out and, for better or worse, people want to hear what I have to say, perhaps, according to experts, more than anyone else in the world."

Obviously, a big fat lie. Out of $58.2 million in expenses in 2023, around $40 million was in interest. It was in black in white on the SEC filing.

Also, active users on Truth have declined from 2M at the beginning to less than 500k. Which is why the company has no intention to publicly report statistics generally associated with social media companies. You know, key performance indicators, such as signups, average revenue per user, ad impressions and pricing, product engagement, or active user accounts including monthly and daily active users.

The basics.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    DJT fell about 5% Thursday after Trump made a pair of posts on Truth Social bragging about his social network.

Obviously, a big fat lie. Out of $58.2 million in expenses in 2023, around $40 million was in interest. It was in black in white on the SEC filing.

Also, active users on Truth have declined from 2M at the beginning to less than 500k. Which is why the company has no intention to publicly report statistics generally associated with social media companies. You know, key performance indicators, such as signups, average revenue per user, ad impressions and pricing, product engagement, or active user accounts including monthly and daily active users.

The basics.
    To add to this, this is what was actually filed with the SEC.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...adb3832c&ei=11

"At this juncture in its development, TMTG believes that adhering to traditional key performance indicators, such as signups, average revenue per user, ad impressions and pricing, or active user accounts including monthly and daily active users, could potentially divert its focus from strategic evaluation with respect to the progress and growth of its business," according to a FORM 10-K filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
    Here is the actual paragraph from the form:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sec.irpass....-24-017011.htm

TMTG does not currently, and may never, collect, monitor or report certain key operating metrics used by companies in similar industries.

Since its inception, Private TMTG focused on developing Truth Social by enhancing features and user interface rather than relying on traditional performance metrics like average revenue per user, ad impressions and pricing, or active user accounts, including monthly and daily active users. While many industry peers may gather and report on these or similar metrics, given the early development stage of Truth Social, Private TMTG’s management and board did not rely on, and TMTG’s management and board does not anticipate relying on, any particular key performance metric to make business or operating decisions. Concurrent with access to new capital and resources following the Business Combination, TMTG is actively evaluating the most relevant, reliable and appropriate key operating metrics that align with its evolving business model. At this juncture in its development, TMTG believes that adhering to traditional key performance indicators, such as signups, average revenue per user, ad impressions and pricing, or active user accounts including monthly and daily active users, could potentially divert its focus from strategic evaluation with respect to the progress and growth of its business. TMTG believes that focusing on these KPIs might not align with the best interests of TMTG or its shareholders, as it could lead to short-term decision-making at the expense of long-term innovation and value creation. Therefore, TMTG believes that this strategic evaluation is critical and aligns with its commitment to a robust business plan that includes introducing innovative features and new technologies.
    Last edited by gondrin; 2024-04-04 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    To add to this, this is what was actually filed with the SEC.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...adb3832c&ei=11

Here is the actual paragraph from the form:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sec.irpass....-24-017011.htm
    This is like when NCsoft just decides to suddenly merge their game revenue by-platform (PC and mobile) instead of breaking it out per-title/region in addition to by platform.

The only times they've done this in recent years were when WildStar launched, and more recently after the domestic launch of the latest Lineage game. Yes, investors and others did notice and I don't believe anyone is believing their excuses either.

Also, the second set of quoted text is some of the finest nonsensical gobbledygook I've read in a while. Like a hundred+ words to say, "Our KPI's suck shit so please don't ask about them."

This is like when NCsoft just decides to suddenly merge their game revenue by-platform (PC and mobile) instead of breaking it out per-title/region in addition to by platform.

The only times they've done this in recent years were when WildStar launched, and more recently after the domestic launch of the latest Lineage game. Yes, investors and others did notice and I don't believe anyone is believing their excuses either.

Also, the second set of quoted text is some of the finest nonsensical gobbledygook I've read in a while. Like a hundred+ words to say, "Our KPI's suck shit so please don't ask about them."
    It reminds me of the scene from Matrix Reloaded where Neo meets The Architect and has things explained to him. I swear they were using a thesaurus to just make things sound fancy and legalese.

Basically, a bunch of baloney excuses. I also laugh at this line.

as it could lead to short-term decision-making at the expense of long-term innovation and value creation.

Never in a million year would I ever associate the word innovation with Truth Social. Meta may be the equivalent of the evil empire. However, the company also hold a total of 24224 patents globally which belong to wide ranging 8456 unique patent families.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Basically, a bunch of baloney excuses. I also laugh at this line.

Never in a million year would I ever associate the word innovation with Truth Social. Meta may be the equivalent of the evil empire. However, the company also hold a total of 24224 patents globally which belong to wide ranging 8456 unique patent families.
    Hell, it says "value creation". At what point did they ever create anything of value. Even Twitter is more of a value as it is now, with Musk at the helm turning it into the social media version of Stormfront than Truth ever has been.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Hell, it says "value creation". At what point did they ever create anything of value. Even Twitter is more of a value as it is now, with Musk at the helm turning it into the social media version of Stormfront than Truth ever has been.
    Yep. Even when FB was a baby company, it regularly reported the users and products engagement numbers because they showed that the company was making progress. The only reason a company does not want to report those parameters is because they make it look bad.

Following Eastman having his license to practice law yanked by the CA Bar - https://www.politico.com/news/2024/0...rules-00150631

A disciplinary panel in Washington has found that Jeffrey Clark, a former high-ranking Justice Department official, violated ethics rules for lawyers in his attempt to aid Donald Trump’s bid to subvert the 2020 election.

The three-member disciplinary committee determined Thursday that Clark’s campaign to pressure Justice Department leaders to help upend the transfer of power to Joe Biden violated his duties as an attorney.

The preliminary ruling jumpstarts a process that could lead to the suspension or even permanent revocation of Clark’s license to practice law, even as he’s considered a candidate for a senior position in a second Trump administration.Disciplinary investigators who brought the charges against Clark say they intend to advocate for his disbarment.

The decision followed six days of testimony, including by Clark’s former Justice Department superiors: Acting Attorney General Jeff Rosen and his deputy Richard Donoghue, who described a failed effort by Clark to use the department to falsely claim the election results were in doubt. Former Deputy White House Counsel Pat Philbin also testified publicly for the first time about Clark’s gambit.
    Gosh, Donald just attracts all the unethical lawyers who breach their ethical and professional codes and get them booted out.

NY uses obscure civil-practice law to demand a closer look at Trump's $175M appeal bond — and at its underwriter, Knight Specialty

In a two-page court filing Thursday, state officials are giving Trump or his underwriters — the Knight Specialty Insurance Company — ten days to "justify," or prove the sufficiency of, the bond.

The step is necessary, the state notes in its filing, because the Los Angeles-based Knight is a "non-admitted carrier" under state insurance law, meaning it is not automatically qualified to provide bonds in New York.
    "Admitted" insurance carriers are certified by New York's Department of Financial Services as qualified to underwrite bonds.

Because of Knight's non-admitted status, Attorney General Letitia James is allowed, under New York's civil practice rules, to ask for proof that Knight is financially sound and that the bond's collateral is sufficient.

The final call on whether the Knight bond sinks or swims will be up to New York Supreme Court Justice Arthur Engoron, who has set April 22 for a hearing on the matter.

I looked up Knight Specialty AM Best rating and it has a rating of A-. Generally, for public work construction, public agencies want A++. We use Tokio Marine for our professional/general liabilties and it has a rating of A++.