Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I'm not quite sure why but, I have some niggling doubts...

He's absolutely right that the Republican party will become the party of healthcare, he just didn't add the destroying healthcare part.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    So the border is 1,954 mi long.
    The Pentagon gave Trump $1billion for a 57 mi. fence.
    A fence, not a wall, will cost $34 billion at that rate.
    Congress, to Trump; Not happening

As Acting Secretary of Defense Patrick Shanahan was testifying before his committee, Rep. Adam Smith, the Democrat who chairs the House Armed Services Committee, released a letter denying the Pentagon's move to reprogram $1 billion.

In a more detailed statement, Smith called the Department of Defense's decision to reprogram $1 billion without Congressional approval a violation of trust. "DoD is attempting to circumvent Congress and the American people's opposition to using taxpayer money for the construction of an unnecessary wall."

Smith noted that the military is paying the price, referencing a recent request by the Marine Corps for additional funding to cover unexpected costs, which included hurricane relief and the troop deployments to the US-Mexico border, among other things.

"This needs to stop," Smith said, adding: "The administration should stop using our service members as a political tool and instead focus on building military capabilities and readiness in areas where we should focus our defense resources. Congress will act to defend its constitutional prerogatives."

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Well, I just realized that the mod on this forum is a leftist twit, so I will happily discontinue to post. I hadn't realized some of those sweet leftist tears were his.
    I don’t understand the obsession of people like you with leftist tears. The fact that you are willing to sacrifice the well being of your women and children (since the right leaning states have the highest infant/maternal mortality rates and teen pregnancy rates due to their policies) just for the sake of testing leftist tears is beyond my understanding.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.342026032890

President Trump complained in a private lunch Tuesday with Senate Republicans about the amount of disaster aid designated for Puerto Rico, as lawmakers prepare for a standoff over funds for the island still struggling to recover in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria, according to multiple officials familiar with the meeting.

Aid for Puerto Rico has long been a fixation for Trump, who has asked advisers how to reduce money for the island and signaled that he won’t support any more aid beyond food stamp funds.

Inside the lunch on Tuesday, Trump began rattling off the amount of aid that had been designated for other disaster-hit states and compared it with the amount allocated for Puerto Rico following the 2017 hurricane, which he felt was too high, according to the officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe the private event.

Trump noted to GOP senators that Texas — also battered by a spate of hurricanes — was awarded $29 billion in aid while South Carolina got $1.5 billion to recover from their own storms. Trump then questioned why Puerto Rico was getting $91 billion in aid, according to two people familiar with his comments, indicating that this was too much compared to states on the mainland.

It’s unclear where Trump got the figure for Puerto Rico aid. One congressional official said it is difficult to quantify exactly how much aid the island has received to recover from Maria because of the way the money is disbursed.
    Yup, Trump pretty much just hates brown people.

Puerto Rico ravaged? Fuck 'em, they're on their own.
    Alabama hit by hurricanes? A+ RESPONSE, WHITE PEOPLE DESERVE THE BEST

10+ Year Old Account
    "Very wet, from the standpoint of water"

"Big ocean water"

Let's not forget he said these things. Things that every eight year old on the planet wondered why he was saying such stupid things.

He's either super fucking racist, or the dumbest adult who ever existed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    "Very wet, from the standpoint of water"

"Big ocean water"

Let's not forget he said these things. Things that every eight year old on the planet wondered why he was saying such stupid things.

Why not both?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Yeah you beat me to it.

I mean we have people who have been long-mentioning their careers here on MMO-Champion, making very good money who commented about losing out over the tax cuts.

But I'm sure our known liar is going to tell us he makes well over half a million dollars a year.
    I'm an Iron Worker, I make a little over $42 an hour at the job I am working right now. Pay package is over $80 an hour. If you think I am posting tax returns you're out of your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I would post the "why not have both?" picture at this point, if it wouldn't get me an infraction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I'm an Iron Worker, I make a little over $42 an hour at the job I am working right now. Pay package is over $80 an hour. If you think I am posting tax returns you're out of your mind.
    Then congratulations, you are earning well over the average of pretty much every statistic for your job. Which I guess proves you are an outlier for any statistical impact of what Trump has done. I will leave someone that knows US tax law better than me to prove that even with this you are still not telling the truth. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now.

https://www.indeed.com/salaries/Ironworker-Salaries
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Sen. Mike Lee says solution to climate change 'is to fall in love, get married and have some kids'
    https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/03/26/p...mpression=true

"The solution to climate change is not this un-serious resolution that we're considering this week in the Senate, but rather the serious business of human flourishing," Lee said. "The solution to so many of our problems, at all times and in all places, is to fall in love, get married and have some kids."

Lee argued that, because climate change is an engineering challenge, it will be best solved through American families and increasing the US population.
    Tell me a more stupid group of people than climate change denying Republican politicians.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by 0ptimo View Post
    H&R block is right around the corner if you're having a hard time with your taxes
    Voting for someone that actually knows basic math is also around the corner. I see you couldn't dispute the 4k+ Trump promised though.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Tell me a more stupid group of people than climate change denying Republican politicians.
    "Okay, we have a problem. How do we fix it?"
    "Have more kids, then let them fix it in twenty years."

http://southpark.cc.com/clips/t83thg/just-plain-rice

But did you see his slides?

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1110585563613138945

Reagan riding a raptor that's holding the American flag? Check.
    Luke on a tauntaun? Check.
    Aquaman on a giant seahorse? Check.
    Stock photo of babies? Check.

Mike Lee brought out all the greatest hits.

Also, the "solution" he's proposing is literally one of the worst things one can do if you want to combat climate change. People generate insane amounts of waste and greenhouse gasses during their life, so his solution is essentially telling someone with a deep laceration on their arm to just tear the whole thing off and let it bleed out faster.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    "Okay, we have a problem. How do we fix it?"
    "Have more kids, then let them fix it in twenty years."

http://southpark.cc.com/clips/t83thg/just-plain-rice
    Exactly! To get technical likely 40 years plus for them to eventually be in the power of influence to affect change.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Ooh, ooh, I know this one!

The ones who keep voting them back into office.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    What union do you work for?

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    I would post the "why not have both?" picture at this point, if it wouldn't get me an infraction.

- - - Updated - - -

Then congratulations, you are earning well over the average of pretty much every statistic for your job. Which I guess proves you are an outlier for any statistical impact of what Trump has done. I will leave someone that knows US tax law better than me to prove that even with this you are still not telling the truth. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now.

https://www.indeed.com/salaries/Ironworker-Salaries
    His rate is about right for a union worker or somebody on prevailing wage. My welders make around $48.08 basic hourly pay plus $27.04 in benefits (health & welfare, pension, vacation & holiday, training & misc.) for a total of $75.12.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    His rate is about right for a union worker or somebody on prevailing wage. My welders make around $48.08 basic hourly pay plus $27.04 in benefits (health & welfare, pension, vacation & holiday, training & misc.) for a total of $75.12.
    Yep I think the more interesting thing is he a Unionist but keeps voting in the people who are out to break unions. This is similar to Orlong...rally against unions but part of one themselves...you don't make that money unless your in the Union and that can easily be checked...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    Yep I think the more interesting thing is he a Unionist but keeps voting in the people who are out to break unions. This is similar to Orlong...rally against unions but part of one themselves...you don't make that money unless your in the Union and that can easily be checked...
    Unfortunately those kind exist in all Unions because they honestly believe that they can do better negotiating on their own. I have a few in the BLET (Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers and Trainmen) who want a merit based system instead of a Collective Bargaining Agreement because they honestly think someone is going to pay them the $66ish dollars an hour they make now as an individual.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Unfortunately those kind exist in all Unions because they honestly believe that they can do better negotiating on their own. I have a few in the BLET (Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers and Trainmen) who want a merit based system instead of a Collective Bargaining Agreement because they honestly think someone is going to pay them the $66ish dollars an hour they make now as an individual.
    It'll never happen and it's why the idiots manufacturing works down south who don't unionize, work for shit compared to most of their unionized brethren. But one day that pulling themselves up by the bootstraps will make them millionaires.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    It'll never happen and it's why the idiots manufacturing works down south who don't unionize, work for shit compared to most of their unionized brethren. But one day that pulling themselves up by the bootstraps will make them millionaires.
    Unionized welder here and you're pretty much right. I only make $24 an hour and by the end of our contract in 4 years I'll be making $26 an hour. Compared to the rest of our field across the U.S. we're on the (very) low end of the wage spectrum, but compared to the average wages locally we're doing good.