Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Emphasis mine...

For someone that keeps touting his total innocence, he sure can't seem to shut up about this. No idea where he got this "info", if someone is kind enough to enlighten me (unless it's just more BS from Trump).
    Trumpsters have never been able to explain how if Trump is so innocent then why does he worry like he's 100% guilty?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again, it's time for Guess the Speaker!

This is exactly why I wanted a delay in Bernhardt’s consideration. We now have an Interior Secretary who has been on the job for one full business day and is already under investigation.
    "That's gotta be a record."

Yes. Now, the speaker is Sen. Wyden (D-OR), but of course he's talking about the nominee McConnell ran through to head the Dept of the Interior, who was not only still working as a lobbyist, but blocking reports of chemicals causing cancer.

One. Day.

"Wait, how could he have had problems for months, one day into the job?"

He was the deputy secretary before this.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Once again, it's time for Guess the Speaker!

"That's gotta be a record."

Yes. Now, the speaker is Sen. Wyden (D-OR), but of course he's talking about the nominee McConnell ran through to head the Dept of the Interior, who was not only still working as a lobbyist, but blocking reports of chemicals causing cancer.

One. Day.

"Wait, how could he have had problems for months, one day into the job?"

He was the deputy secretary before this.
    Only the best people hiring only the best people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Only the best people hiring only the best people.
    There is also the decided irony of Mr. "Drain the Swamp" hiring people for the EPA and Interior who...well, you get the idea.

A wealthy Republican donor had been pushing her pet policy in Congress for years, to no avail, when she spoke with Trump at a formal event held at the private luxury resort he still profits from

Now, the White House backs her idea https://t.co/xlVVn6l81S https://t.co/fNIsE8QquV
    https://twitter.com/RobertMaguire_/s...476261377?s=19

Damnit! More Trump corruption. But good corruption?

Cynthia Fisher, after years of fighting in Washington for patient rights, is gaining traction in the Trump era.

The 58-year-old entrepreneur and Republican donor has been pitching an idea to force hospitals and doctors to disclose the pricing on deals they cut with insurers. The Trump administration has now backed her idea as a way to reduce health costs. That, in turn, has sent shivers through an industry used to conducting business in secret.

So most people, including me would admit this is good cause; making hospitals more transparent on costs and thus reducing medical cost.

Ms. Fisher had pushed the idea in Congress for years. But she got her big break when she and her husband joined a formal event for business leaders at the Bedminster, N.J., golf club of President Trump.
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-power....co/xlVVn6l81S

But of course the access and influence was attained by access from Trump and his properties. We can all admit that access to the powerful is sadly a way to push agendas. Most of the time is thru money, basically corruption.

Trump goes next level when it is on his property that he directly profits from while President.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Kushner says he plans to get his peace plan out eventually. Maybe this summer.

Granted, because Trump unilaterally ended --

"You can't keep saying that. What do the Palestinians say?"

While Trump and others have championed Netanyahu's involvement in the proposal, there has been little contact with Palestinian officials, who cut off negotiations last year over frustrations with the Trump administration's decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

Recently elected Palestinian Prime Minister Mohammad Shtayyeh further cast doubt on the chances of reaching a deal with the Trump administration in an interview with The Associated Press on Tuesday, saying any peace proposal will be “born dead.”

“There are no partners in Palestine for Trump,” Shtayyeh told the AP. “There are no Arab partners for Trump and there are no European partners for Trump.”
    "Oh. Okay then. Well at least he's making progress with China."

Nope. Trump's chosen ally to go talk to China had his visa application stonewalled. It wasn't officially denied, but it was ignored -- an increasingly common way the Chinese are saying "get bent" to Americans. To be fair, the US is apparently doing the same thing right back, which doesn't make it any better when the end result is "negotiations are pretty much dead".

"Huh. But at least progress is being made with all three Mexican countries -- "

Trump orders thousands more troops there.

"...North Korea?"

Kim is actually personally directing military drills --

"God dammit. How's NASA's plan to get someone to the moon by 2024? Surely bad diplomacy can't block that."

No. But there is no plan. There's no developments.

"Fuck it. Trump's a businessman. How's business in -- "

Wisconsin’s governor said on Wednesday he wants to renegotiate the state’s contract with Foxconn Technology Group Ltd because the Taiwanese company is not expected to reach its job creation goals for the state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wth, were like 10 pages worth of posts of this thread deleted? It shows like page 973 of 982 to me and I thought "Woah, did something happen?", but I guess it's just the forum being stuck on 973 again.

I have seen that happen with one page but not with 10.^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Wth, were like 10 pages worth of posts of this thread deleted? It shows like page 973 of 982 to me and I thought "Woah, did something happen?", but I guess it's just the forum being stuck on 973 again.

There sHould a Way to Ask or figuRe out whaT happened.

But we may not be allowed to speculate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post

They are "ghost pages", something that happens when the site screws up in some way. It happened plenty when some threads went over 4,000 pages.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are "ghost pages", something that happens when the site screws up in some way. It happened plenty when some threads went over 4,000 pages.
    I vaguely remember some blue saying that this happens when posts get deleted. Or so.

Yeah, this thread is borked. Right now, it says this reply is on page 973, but it says there are 982 pages. But you can't get past page 973, any attempt to go to the next page just reloads this one.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    It's totally ok, though, because at least it's not Hillary who would have totally started the next world war with all her warmongering!

- - - Updated - - -

Emphasis mine...

For someone that keeps touting his total innocence, he sure can't seem to shut up about this. No idea where he got this "info", if someone is kind enough to enlighten me (unless it's just more BS from Trump).
    Is he really going to go with "Sleepy Joe Biden"? It makes him sound like some old timey baseball player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Is he really going to go with "Sleepy Joe Biden"? It makes him sound like some old timey baseball player.
    I thought all old baseball players were named Who, What, Idontknow, Why, Because, Tomorrow, Today and the fan favorite Idontcare.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I thought all old baseball players were named Who, What, Idontknow, Why, Because, Tomorrow, Today and the fan favorite Idontcare.
    The biggest question is how it compares to "Nancy".

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ergy-secretary

And another one is going to bite the dust. Energy Secretary Rick Perry is planning his exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

And another one is going to bite the dust. Energy Secretary Rick Perry is planning his exist.
    I hope Acosta and Devos are next, but I have a feeling those two will just never leave. ugh...

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I hope Acosta and Devos are next, but I have a feeling those two will just never leave. ugh...
    I would rather have that shit weasel Steven Miller gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

something something rats something something sinking ship

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I would rather have that shit weasel Steven Miller gone.
    Yeah but outside the children, he's the only one who has 0 chance of leaving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Yeah, this thread is borked. Right now, it says this reply is on page 973, but it says there are 982 pages. But you can't get past page 973, any attempt to go to the next page just reloads this one.
    It happens when there's a glut of deleted posts. Normal deletion keeps the post visible for mods, so they can reference it on their end; the post still "exists", it's just invisible for users; a page with a deleted post will have 19 posts rather than 20. When there's a lot, in a thread, it can create "ghost pages".

The admins can clear that up (and have, for this thread, I see), maybe the blues, but it requires some options the regular mods don't have, and outside of threads with a few hundred pages, it's usually never noticeable.