10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    I will be very amused if biden turns around declares covid a national emergency and grabs that wall slush fund to do another round of relief.
    While that would be funny, it's not necessary. He can just, you know, not build a Wall.

President Donald Trump has turned to a fringe group of advisers peddling increasingly dubious tactics to overturn the results of the election, creating a dire situation that multiple senior officials and people close to the President say has led to new levels of uncertainty at how Trump will resist the coming end to his tenure.

"No one is sure where this is heading," one official said on Monday. "He's still the President for another month."

Conspiracist lawyer Sidney Powell, disgraced former national security adviser Michael Flynn, onetime chief strategist Steve Bannon, hawkish trade adviser Peter Navarro and the eccentric founder of the retail website Overstock have all recently found themselves in the Oval Office or on the telephone advising Trump on new last-ditch efforts to reverse his loss. That's in addition to Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani, who has been feeding the President's conspiracy theories for weeks and who, along with Powell, was seen again at the White House on Monday.

In the process, Trump has mostly shunned those working inside the government, leading to growing fears of how he may lash out in the four weeks he has remaining in the White House -- or at how he may resist leaving the building come Inauguration Day.

Through it all, Trump has mostly abandoned the day-to-day running of government. At a Cabinet meeting last week, he spent much of the time complaining about his suspicions of voter fraud, according to a person familiar with the matter, leaving some attendees puzzled at the point of the gathering.

Sources close to the President described particular worry among his advisers over what Powell -- who only three weeks ago was unceremoniously dumped from his official legal team -- may convince him to do in the coming days.

Could Trump pull off a military coup or bold move to remain in power or is this all going to lead to nothing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    Jesus Christ are these people a bunch of whacked out lunatics
    I mean, at least that one only has about 9k signatures so far. Consider some of the other "popular" petitions:

1.2m signatures: "INDICT & ARREST Moon Jae-in for SMUGGLING the ChinaVirus into the US & ENDANGERING the national security of US & ROK!"
    The ground for the indictment and the arrest order of Moon Jae-in is far more serious than Maduro indictment and arrest order.

First, Moon Jae-in has committed a CRIME of massacre of the American people by acting as the main body behind the smuggling of the ChinaVirus into the United States,

Second, Moon Jae-in has committed a CRIME of jeopardizing the US-ROK alliance security by illegally usurping the national sovereignty of the Republic of Korea, the number #1 blood alliance of the US in the Far East region,

Third, Moon Jae-in has committed a CRIME of permanently collapsing the regional security of Indo-Pacific area by colluding with the communist North Korea, communist China and the Deep State in the backdrop.

681k signatures: "We Call For Investigations Into The "Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation" For Medical Malpractice & Crimes Against Humanity"
    As we look at events surrounding the "COVID-19 pandemic," various questions remain unanswered. On Oct. 18th of 2019, only weeks prior to ground zero being declared in Wuhan, China, two major events took place. One is "Event 201," the other is the "Military World Games," held in none other than Wuhan. Since then a worldwide push for vaccines & biometric tracking has been initiated.

At the forefront of this is Bill Gates, who has publicly stated his interest in "reducing population growth" by 10-15%, by means of vaccination. Gates, UNICEF & WHO have already been credibly accused of intentionally sterilizing Kenyan children through the use of a hidden HCG antigen in tetanus vaccines.

Congress & all other governing bodies are derelict in duty until a thorough and public inquiry is complete.

417k signatures: "Impeach Nancy Pelosi for crimes of Treason!"
    Nancy Pelosi is a TRAITOR to the American People!
    The Constitution defines, "Treason against the US.. ..adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort." Illegal aliens are enemies that invade our country with drugs, human trafficking, and terrorist causing death and crime to American citizens. Nancy Pelosi adheres to these enemies by voting for and providing them aid and comfort through Sanctuary policies funded by US citizen tax dollars, and refuses to protect American people by refusing to fund our border wall, leaving our borders open and unsafe. Pelosi refused to meet with Angel families, caused the government shut down then traveled on US dollars to Hawaii and Puerto Rico while 800,000 Fed workers don't get paid, and uninvited Trump for SOTU. IMPEACH Pelosi for treason!

289k signatures: "Declare George Soros a terrorist and seize all of his related organizations' assets under RICO and NDAA law"
    Whereas George Soros has willfully and on an ongoing basis attempted to destabilize and otherwise commit acts of sedition against the United States and its citizens, has created and funded dozens (and probably hundreds) of discrete organizations whose sole purpose is to apply Alinsky model terrorist tactics to facilitate the collapse of the systems and Constitutional government of the United State, and has developed unhealthy and undue influence over the entire Democrat Party and a large portion of the US Federal government, the DOJ should immediately declare George Soros and all of his organizations and staff members to be domestic terrorists, and have all of his personal an organizational wealth and assets seized under Civil Asset Forfeiture law.

145k signatures: "The removal of Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) from office, do to inappropriate and unstable actions becoming of a congresswoman."
    Do to Rashida Tlaib actions and profanity, she is unfit to be a congresswoman. Her rude display and lack of respect for our sitting President was uncalled for. Her immediate removal from her seat is just and warranted. Do to her hatred towards our president, I feel she is a national security threat.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I mean, at least that one only has about 9k signatures so far. Consider some of the other "popular" petitions:
    How many of those signatures are Russian and Chinese bots?

I'm guessing a majority.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    How many of those signatures are Russian and Chinese bots?

I'm guessing a majority.
    A new fighters enters the ring:

Second, Moon Jae-in has committed a CRIME of jeopardizing the US-ROK alliance security by illegally usurping the national sovereignty of the Republic of Korea, the number #1 blood alliance of the US in the Far East region,
    Whaaaaaaaa?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Whaaaaaaaa?
    It gets even better, this is the very next line:
    Third, Moon Jae-in has committed a CRIME of permanently collapsing the regional security of Indo-Pacific area by colluding with the communist North Korea, communist China and the Deep State in the backdrop.

10+ Year Old Account
    So all those petitions together come up with 2,732,000 people. Well that's less than 1% of the population so we should just ignore them like they ignore COVID, right?
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Another quickie given that it's a Monday.

200,109 new cases; only slightly more than last Monday. We'll start seeing in 2-3 days if we're actually on the back-end of the peak or if it was just a temporary plateau/descent. Of course after that Christmas is going to hit and fuck up all reporting for the upcoming week...followed by New Year's which will do the same. We'll be lucky to get any accurate reports past Thursday before the second week of January.

1,841 deaths is a bit over 200 more than last Monday, bringing the total to 326,772. So THAT'S still trending up.

Related news:

House panel subpoenas HHS Sec. Azar and CDC's Redfield: 'Extensive' political meddling in COVID-19 policies alleged--This is why I post these here in the TRUMP SHITSHOW thread and not in the General Coronavirus thread. Trump and his administration are largely responsible for how fucked up things are with respect to COVID-19 in the US and more information is forthcoming on how they've been trying to cover up unfavorable numbers.

Stay safe, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    200,109 new cases; only slightly more than last Monday.
    I hate that I feel a bit of hope in that numbers are only slightly higher for once : |

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I hate that I feel a bit of hope in that numbers are only slightly higher for once : |
    Monday's have been around 200k for 3 weeks now. Two weeks ago it was 201k. Last week it was 199k.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Another quickie given that it's a Monday.
    Hey, that's what Graham's wife said when I --

1,841 deaths is a bit over 200 more than last Monday
    Ugh. Well, there goes that 7-day average up with it, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp, Trump has won another award, folks.

A few days ago, an announcement was made awarding to Trump the title of... Lie of the Year.

Yes, Politifact, which has been kept busy by Trump's antics over the last four years, has made the love affair official by bestowing upon the Con-man-in-Chief this prize title, another feather in his cap, for the whopper de l'année:

*cough* (...where's Breccia when you need him...)

It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.
    Theeeeere it is.

So there, you have it. Politifact's 2020 Lie of the Year: Coronavirus Downplay and Denial.

This marks an abrupt change from last year, when-- Wait, what? What do you mean it...

*ahem*

Actually, it would seem that last year's Lie of the Year was also awarded to Trump, for his "big stick" diplomacy. Politifact's 2019 Lie of the Year: Donald Trump’s Claim Whistleblower Got Ukraine Call 'Almost Completely Wrong'.

So there you have it; Trump is a back-to-back recipient of the-- What? Are you sure? Okay...

It would appear that upon further review, Trump was well-represented in the 2018 season, as well; while not the Lie of the Year, Trump won Politifact's Readers' Poll by a yuuge margin. Politifact's 2018 Readers' Poll Lie of the Year: President Donald Trump’s Campaign Comments About a Caravan of Immigrants.

That's an impressive hat trick from a man whose hair is the ultimate trick hat. I guess it's true what they-- Huh? You're kidding me, right?

Heh. On the offchance that there was more, we decided to check and--wouldn't you know it--Trump was actually the winner of the Lie of Year in 2017, too! Politifact's 2017 Lie of the Year: Russian election interference is a 'made-up story'.

You know, I'm not even going to wait to be interrupted again this time. So I'm going to check if... yup, here they are.

Politifact's 2016 Lie of the Year: Fake News.
    Politifact's 2015 Lie of the Year: The Campaign Misstatements of Donald Trump.
    Politifact's 2014 Lie of the Year: Exaggerations about Ebola

So there you go: the last 7 years of Donald J. Trump, founder of the Order of the Burning Pants.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Welp, Trump has won another award, folks.
    And besides the fact that this post is near perfection (@ me next time when you're posting a mastercraft) we see, even more than before, why the resident Trump supporters have thrown @YUPPIE to the proverbial wolves and fled.

Because they'd either have to admit they were repeatedly lied to, and believed his objective, easily-disprovable falsehoods over and over

Or

They'd have to admit they were repeatedly lied to, knew they were being lied to, and backed Trump anyway

Or

Find a way that any of those were, somehow, not lies but the truth. And we all know how that would have played out: accusations without evidence, conspiracy theories, or claims of bias as if that was enough. It isn't.

Trump award-winningly lies all the time, about everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump award-winningly lies all the time, about everything.
    While Trump may not be the "Noble" laureate that he so often claims he should be, he is certainly the most prolific Politifact laureate ever.

The good news for Trump? He's got 119 checked claims on Politifact labeled as "Mostly True" or better.

The bad news? He has 799 other checked claims, including a shame-inducing 157 "Pants on Fire" labels, most of which have been linked ITT by @Breccia.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

(Serious): How do you guys feel about Wikipedia being practically the face of the internet and it describing Trump like some kind of incompetent Neo Nazi rather than a leader? In its basic description no less. Like there's nothing redeeming about him written there in a site that is supposed to be neutral.

Like the next generation of kids will undoubtedly see this man as a villain from basic online education.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    (Serious): How do you guys feel about Wikipedia being practically the face of the internet and it describing Trump like some kind of incompetent Neo Nazi rather than a leader? In its basic description no less. Like there's nothing redeeming about him written there in a site that is supposed to be neutral.

Like the next generation of kids will undoubtedly see this man as a villain from basic online education.
    It isn't the face of the internet, and they aren't wrong. Considering he is trying to subvert the electoral process he fucking LOST.

And there is absolutely NOTHING redeeming about Trump. He has been racist for over 40 years, has raped multiple women and even a 13 year old girl, is a serial sexual assaulter with over 2 dozen credible accusations against him.

And he is nothing but a shit-tier president, literally the worst since Andrew Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    and even a 13 year old girl
    there's a lot out of outlandish sexual accusations you hear against Trump, but this one is new to me. Source?

Like there's nothing redeeming about him written there in a site that is supposed to be neutral.
    It is being neutral, and accurately reporting on how he is incompetent rather than a capable leader.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    It is being neutral, and accurately reporting on how he is incompetent rather than a capable leader.
    Uhhh, what are the good things Trump has done as the president?

I'm sure there is something. I'm not even joking. Surely one of his decision has been at least half-way decent? And I'm talking about things that have been his implementations, not something where he merely rubber-stamped something that came out of the Senate, or no-brainers where every single person on the planet would have done the same thing, given the circumstances. Or something that every Republican would have done, not just Trump.

But fuck me, I can't think of a single thing.

He went and undid pretty much everything Obama managed set. That's something very Trumpian, that he can claim as his own thing. But which one of those was actually good? Certainly not being in favor of waterboarding when Obama banned it's usage. No sir.

There was the North Korea stuff. I think that might have been Trump's brainchild. Nice idea, but half-assed at best, with nothing to show for. Just more legitimization and concessions for North Korea, which is what they wanted.

The tax cuts? Oh boy, a deeply unpopular tax cuts, which is a feat on it's own. That's just awful. But I'm not sure if I'd call that something Trumpian, or just Republican. Something a Republican would have done, regardless.

And... uhhhh...?
    Last edited by Santti; 2020-12-22 at 11:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

feel like they got it almost all right.

When you try to overthrow the election, guess what you get listed as a scumbag for life.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!