Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.heraldtribune.com/story/...da/6893693001/

And in addition to my previous response.

I reiterate: Do you want to try that again?
    If Trump decides to run, the person running against him should make sure to point this out repeatedly while also making a comparison that if Trump were around in 1774, he would be cheering for King George and calling Washington an idiot. Should start the nickname "Benedict Trump."

Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    You do realize the genius remark was a tongue in cheek criticism of the weakness of the initial White House response? I get that sarcasm doesn’t translate well on the internet but thinking that Trump is actually praising the invasion of Ukraine? Manufactured outrage and in really poor taste given the real and devastating consequences of Putin’s naked aggression. Just stop, I know you hate the guy but it’s super inappropriate in this instance.
    Man, you Trumpsters really aren't living in reality right now.

At some point, you will have to acknowledge that you've been conned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sen. Cotton [R-ARK-ARK-ARK] was asked how he felt about Trump intentionally, non-ironically praising Putin.

He refused to answer.

Stephanopoulos pressed Cotton on why he was apparently declining to condemn Trump for his continued praise.

Cotton retorted that Stephanopoulos should ask Trump directly, saying he wouldn't speak on behalf of another politician who could speak for themself.

Stephanopoulos continued to press Cotton for an answer, saying he was "quite confident" that Cotton would have provided comment if former President Obama or President Biden had said something along the lines of what Trump had said. The ABC host asserted that Cotton would be "first in line" to criticize Democrats for making the kinds of comments that Trump had made.

Cotton again avoided addressing Trump's remarks, reiterating that he was focused on Russia's aggression. Stephanopoulos doubled down on his questioning, saying he couldn't understand why Cotton could not condemn Trump.
    Cotton was quick to blame Obama for not sending Ukraine weapons. Which is of course a lie.

Related, Sen. Romney [R-U-KIDDING-ME] basically called Gaetz and Greene morons on CNN.

Marjorie Taylor Greene and Paul Gosar, I don’t know them. I’m reminded of the old line from the Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid movie where one character says, 'Morons, I have morons on my team.'
    Funny how the Republican Party, having intentionally allied itself with white supremacists and their man Trump, are now also saddled with Putin and his man Trump, and don't seem to care for that much. My sympathy for their position can be shown in the empty space below.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Really? I can’t stand the guy. His only tolerable position is barely recognizing reality with regards to Trump. In that regard there are others who surpass him.
    I think at times I might be able to talk with him without him talking at me.

Funny how it's only been a few days since Trump said how much of a genius Putin was but now Russia's economy looks like it is going down the toilet. Trump's business and political acumen is as sound as ever I see.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's time once again for Guess the Speaker!

The election was not ‘stolen,’ Trump lost it.
    "That could be literally anyone. Well, anyone except a Trump supporter."

I'll add some more.

He stopped listening to his advisers, became manic and unreasonable, and was off the rails. He surrounded himself with sycophants, including many whack jobs from outside the government, who fed him a steady diet of comforting but unsupported conspiracy theories.

Donald Trump has shown he has neither the temperament nor persuasive powers to provide the kind of positive leadership that is needed.
    "Oh, is this Only Sane Person In The White House? Again?"

Yes. William Barr this time.

Big surprise, Barr defends every decision he made, such as handwaving the Mueller investigation while claiming the Russia investigation needs to be investigated, and also, um, some things that didn't age well. Recently.

Throughout the book, Mr. Barr scorns the news media, accusing them of “corruption” and “active support for progressive ideology.” The political left, he writes, became radicalized during President Barack Obama’s second term. He compares its support for social justice issues to “the same kind of revolutionary and totalitarian ideas that propelled the French Revolution, the Communists of the Russian Revolution and the fascists of 20th-century Europe.”

On the scandal that led to Mr. Trump’s first impeachment, in which Mr. Trump withheld aid to Ukraine as leverage to try to get Ukraine’s president to announce an investigation into Joseph R. Biden Jr., Mr. Barr was scathing.

He calls it “another mess — this one self-inflicted and the result of abject stupidity,” a “harebrained gambit” and “idiotic beyond belief.” But while Mr. Barr describes the conversation Mr. Trump had with Ukraine’s president on the topic as “unseemly and injudicious,” he maintains that it did not rise to a “criminal offense.”
    Yeah, Trump's attacks on Ukraine and support of dictator Putin didn't help.

Barr, of course, does not say Trump at any point broke the law. He says Trump's orchestrating of a lynch mob was “orchestrating a mob" and “a betrayal of his office" and "wrong" but not technically incitement. Which is what I would say, if it was really a crime, but it was my job to prosecute crimes and I didn't want to do it, because Trump would organize a mob to kill me.

Even though Barr insists at every step that everything he did was the right thing to do and nothing Trump did was a crime, he still wants the GOP to pick someone else in 2024. You know what might have helped with that? Prosecuting him for those crimes he committed.

Trump, of course, has turned on Barr after even Barr didn't back his baseless accusations of bigly yuge voter fraud. He'll probably say this book, like all the other books that say the same thing, is filled with lies. Kind of makes you wonder: if every single person who worked for Trump says the same thing, and only Trump disagrees, does that mean Trump hired an array of people that are now plotting against him, by orchestrating all the same lie? Or is Trump really an incompetent, insane, murderous insurrectionist?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It's time once again for Guess the Speaker!

"That could be literally anyone. Well, anyone except a Trump supporter."

I'll add some more.

"Oh, is this Only Sane Person In The White House? Again?"

Yes. William Barr this time.

Big surprise, Barr defends every decision he made, such as handwaving the Mueller investigation while claiming the Russia investigation needs to be investigated, and also, um, some things that didn't age well. Recently.

Yeah, Trump's attacks on Ukraine and support of dictator Putin didn't help.

Barr, of course, does not say Trump at any point broke the law. He says Trump's orchestrating of a lynch mob was “orchestrating a mob" and “a betrayal of his office" and "wrong" but not technically incitement. Which is what I would say, if it was really a crime, but it was my job to prosecute crimes and I didn't want to do it, because Trump would organize a mob to kill me.

Even though Barr insists at every step that everything he did was the right thing to do and nothing Trump did was a crime, he still wants the GOP to pick someone else in 2024. You know what might have helped with that? Prosecuting him for those crimes he committed.

Trump, of course, has turned on Barr after even Barr didn't back his baseless accusations of bigly yuge voter fraud. He'll probably say this book, like all the other books that say the same thing, is filled with lies. Kind of makes you wonder: if every single person who worked for Trump says the same thing, and only Trump disagrees, does that mean Trump hired an array of people that are now plotting against him, by orchestrating all the same lie? Or is Trump really an incompetent, insane, murderous insurrectionist?
    Barr is just trying to change his own history, because he is complicit in all of this bullshit.

I get that the GOP is desperately trying to abandon ship, but he is every bit the sycophant that the others were.

Barr covered for Trump after Mueller's report and strait up misrepresented its conclusion to the point where Mueller himself wrote to say so. The notion that is somehow in any way a 'good guy' is preposterous.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    he is every bit the sycophant that the others were.
    Agreed.

Barr is hardly the first person we've seen saying they were the only sane person in the White House. If what Trump was doing was wrong, he was in a position to stop it. He didn't. The best he came was resigning quietly at Trump's request a few weeks earlier.

Incidentally, we'll never know how Barr would have reacted to the Jan 6th murderous insurrection if he'd still been in power. But like you said, he took literally every other opportunity to protect Trump, plus claims Trump didn't break any laws. There is no evidence that he would have done anything officially at all.

Agreed.

Barr is hardly the first person we've seen saying they were the only sane person in the White House. If what Trump was doing was wrong, he was in a position to stop it. He didn't. The best he came was resigning quietly at Trump's request a few weeks earlier.

Incidentally, we'll never know how Barr would have reacted to the Jan 6th murderous insurrection if he'd still been in power. But like you said, he took literally every other opportunity to protect Trump, plus claims Trump didn't break any laws. There is no evidence that he would have done anything officially at all.
    Barr was literally put into his position in order to protect the GOP. And yes, because of the fact that the GOP has decided they really, really like fascism, that meant protecting Trump at all costs.

You and I have spoken about this exact circumstance, where Republicans would come out after the fact, and swear that they did everything in their power to keep the ship going in the right direction. It's all a lie, and we have 5 years of receipts to prove it. This even applies to Romney, who lost any credibility when he sat there with that resigned look on his face as he kissed Trump's ring.

The GOP will not be able to run away from what they turned into. They are the party of white supremacy, racism, and fascism.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2024824.html

CA "freedom convoy" ends after a single day, with a whopping 5 rigs making it to the second stop. Fuckin pathetic losers don't even believe in their owned damned cause, they're just mad and want some attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    a whopping 5 rigs making it to the second stop.
    I would love to know if they backed out because of loss of interest, or Biden calling out the National Guard under the "Fool Me Once" accord of 2002. Both options are losers, but then, so are these truckers.

https://www.businessinsider.com/barr...on-book-2022-2

Former Attorney General Bill Barr in a forthcoming book wrote that then-President Donald Trump went "off the rails" in the aftermath of the 2020 presidential election, adding that Trump brought on "whack jobs" who fed him a supply of "unsupported conspiracy theories" about the race, according to excerpts published by The New York Times.

In the book, "One Damn Thing After Another," Barr stated that despite the "menacing mannerisms" that Trump projected as a "schtick" to give a perception of strength, the former president actually governed within many of the parameters that his advisors set, which paved the way for conservative legislative victories.

However, Barr wrote that Trump eventually "lost his grip" after the election, when voters opted to replace him with now-President Joe Biden.

"He stopped listening to his advisers, became manic and unreasonable, and was off the rails," the former attorney general wrote. "He surrounded himself with sycophants, including many whack jobs from outside the government, who fed him a steady diet of comforting but unsupported conspiracy theories."
    This is Bill fucking Barr saying Trump went off the damned rails.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember kids, Harpers Collins is a subsidy of News Corp.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.businessinsider.com/barr...on-book-2022-2

This is Bill fucking Barr saying Trump went off the damned rails.
    So how many Only Sane Person In The White House are we up to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    So how many Only Sane Person In The White House are we up to?
    So, I cannot recall names, but like... six? Seven? Something along those lines I think.

https://ktul.com/news/local/multiple...olved-in-crash

One of the "freedom convoys" got into a multi-vehicle wreck in Oklahoma. 2 big-rigs and 2 trucks involved, closed down the freeway for a half hour yesterday.

10+ Year Old Account
    closed down the freeway for a half hour yesterday.
    Isn't that just what they wanted, though? SARCASM

Isn't that just what they wanted, though? SARCASM
    ...hmm...good point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    ...hmm...good point.
    Imagine being so completely incompetent, you get better results by accidents than you did on purpose.