Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    @derpkitteh What's your excuse for your God Emperors corruption?
    he's not mine. i don't particularly like him other than finding the rage surrounding him funny sometimes and agreeing with a couple policies. i'm not a conservative and don't like most things conservatives do, fiscally at least. some socially, too.

as for the corruption, i think if he's gonna stay at maralago, they should wave the fees for him and his retinue. though i mean, he doesn't own it anymore, and therefore can't dictate that they let him stay free. but whatever family member owns it should realize the optics and make their rooms free. if it's intentional, or higher than normal guest prices, then they should look into it. i don't think it's impeachable though, if that's what you're getting at.

Trump has since spent more than 342 days — a third of his presidency — at his private clubs and hotels.”

Yes a Maddow tweet but from the article I posted earlier.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post52089009

Pretty damn amazing a third of his Presidency is vacationing at his spots. Besides as he stated he will work harder than any other President, this again shows it is about his business. Besides the money spent by our tax paying dollars, include the money generated by people who know they can influence him by spending money at his businesses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    So many posts wasted on Tim Pool nonsense.... Why do people get so sucked into shit like that? Does nothing but derail.

In the meantime,Trump tries to defend his hilarious use of bronzer;
    The best is the bot tweets (I hope they are bot tweets) calling him the best looking President ever. He has all his teeth, etc.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    So many posts wasted on Tim Pool nonsense.... Why do people get so sucked into shit like that? Does nothing but derail.

In the meantime,Trump tries to defend his hilarious use of bronzer;
    Has there been anyone apart from Trump and his Twitter bots that has proven that it's photoshopped? I mean, I can believe that someone would photoshop it to make him look worse, but I can also believe just as easily that he's that fucking stupid and lazy when applying his bronzer. I just don't want to be pushing a photoshopped image as real when I'm telling the world how fucking horrible he is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    he's not mine. i don't particularly like him other than finding the rage surrounding him funny sometimes and agreeing with a couple policies. i'm not a conservative and don't like most things conservatives do, fiscally at least. some socially, too.

as for the corruption, i think if he's gonna stay at maralago, they should wave the fees for him and his retinue. though i mean, he doesn't own it anymore, and therefore can't dictate that they let him stay free. but whatever family member owns it should realize the optics and make their rooms free. if it's intentional, or higher than normal guest prices, then they should look into it. i don't think it's impeachable though, if that's what you're getting at.
    wow, that you actually typed that

either you believe that PROLIFIC liar gave up control with no proof.
    Or you are PURPOSELY lying to us all

neither puts you as someone that should be listened to
    Last edited by D Luniz; 2020-02-09 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    wow, that you actually typed that

either you believe that PROLIFIC liar gave up control with no proof.
    Or you are PURPOSELY lying to us all

neither puts you as someone that should be listened to
    i mean, i'm pretty sure it's all in his son's hands now. which is basically him owning it, but still technically not him owning it.

10+ Year Old Account
    i mean, i'm pretty sure it's all in his son's hands now. which is basically him owning it, but still technically not him owning it.
    purposely lying to us all then

and for the record, he owns majority stake in it, his son just has to report to him, jr doesnt get to make decisions for the company without his sayso

10+ Year Old Account

Where on Earth are you getting the idea that Trump doesn't own Mar-a-Lago? (Is this new rightwing humblebrag propaganda about their cult leader? I confess I've long since given up on keeping up with it.) It's owned by The Trump Organization - a collection of shell companies of which Donald J. Trump, so-called President of the United States, is the sole or principal owner; Donald Trump claims to have handed over leadership of the organization to his children, and while there are reasons to doubt the complete truth of that claim (for example, his sons are still Executive Vice-Presidents of the Trump Org, and while Donald is now listed as Founder instead of Chairman and President, no one else occupies either of those titles), there certainly has been no public or announced transfer of ownership to anyone. Are you alleging that Donald Trump himself is an employee of the Trump Org, and that it and he are secretly owned by some other person or group, such as a collection of shady Russian oligarchs? (That seems at least plausible, but there is no public evidence for it beyond the circumstantial.)

As for impeachability... this is about as impeachable as it gets: Article II, Section 7 (one of the two Emoluments Clauses in the US Constitution (the other is the Titles of Nobility Clause), both of which Donald Trump has always been in violation of) states,
    The President shall, at stated Times, receive for his Services, a Compensation, which shall neither be increased nor diminished during the Period for which he shall have been elected, and he shall not receive within that Period any other Emolument from the United States, or any of them.
    And, to head of the excuses, the legal definition in US law is very, very clear,
    The profit arising from office or employment; that which is received as a compensation for services, or which is annexed to the possession of office as salary, fees, and perquisites; advantage; gain, public or private. Webster. Any perquisite,advantage, profit, or gain arising from the possession of an office.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Nepotism is usually regarded as a form of corruption.

he did nothing but shittalk trump to the ukrainian government... for that matter, so did the yavonavitch woman.
    Do you have a source for this that's not a youtube video? Also, talking shit about someone isn't reason for being fired , especially when we know Trump fired them for telling the TRUTH about Trump, which is not "shittalk-ing".

- - - Updated - - -

No, it's not. He refused to step away from any of his businesses. How you got the reverse is astounding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Nepotism is usually regarded as a form of corruption.
    Shh, that gets in the way of totally not supporting Trump.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Where on Earth are you getting the idea that Trump doesn't own Mar-a-Lago? (Is this new rightwing humblebrag propaganda about their cult leader? I confess I've long since given up on keeping up with it.) It's owned by The Trump Organization - a collection of shell companies of which Donald J. Trump, so-called President of the United States, is the sole or principal owner; Donald Trump claims to have handed over leadership of the organization to his children, and while there are reasons to doubt the complete truth of that claim (for example, his sons are still Executive Vice-Presidents of the Trump Org, and while Donald is now listed as Founder instead of Chairman and President, no one else occupies either of those titles), there certainly has been no public or announced transfer of ownership to anyone. Are you alleging that Donald Trump himself is an employee of the Trump Org, and that it and he are secretly owned by some other person or group, such as a collection of shady Russian oligarchs? (That seems at least plausible, but there is no public evidence for it beyond the circumstantial.)

As for impeachability... this is about as impeachable as it gets: Article II, Section 7 (one of the two Emoluments Clauses in the US Constitution (the other is the Titles of Nobility Clause), both of which Donald Trump has always been in violation of) states, And, to head of the excuses, the legal definition in US law is very, very clear,
    idk, last i'd heard about trump's business stuff was like 2016 or 2017 at the latest. i remember people talking about it.

but like i said, even if it is in his son's hands, it's basically in his. whoever's in charge of it should consider the optics of the situation and correct it.

also, i kinda hope the next dem to get elected is exactly like this. i mean, all politicians are like this(this is what should make you all angry enough to rise against our system), trump's just bad at hiding it. but i mean just like this, right out in the open. i'd like to see how much anybody actually cares about it when it's the other side. at the very least, it'd be entertaining.

You're just posting shit

idk, last i'd heard about trump's business stuff was like 2016 or 2017 at the latest. i remember people talking about it.

but like i said, even if it is in his son's hands, it's basically in his. whoever's in charge of it should consider the optics of the situation and correct it.

also, i kinda hope the next dem to get elected is exactly like this. i mean, all politicians are like this(this is what should make you all angry enough to rise against our system), trump's just bad at hiding it. but i mean just like this, right out in the open. i'd like to see how much anybody actually cares about it when it's the other side. at the very least, it'd be entertaining.
    If all politicians are like this then feel free to link instances of Obama doing the same thing Trump is the first president not to put his investments in a blind trust. It's not every politician is like this you are talking out of your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    If all politicians are like this then feel free to link instances of Obama doing the same thing Trump is the first president not to put his investments in a blind trust. It's not every politician is like this you are talking out of your ass.
    none of these people are worth the food they consume to survive, i can promise you that. 9/10 of them wouldn't even piss on you to put a fire out.

but anyway, what was that thing trump did today where he was telling jokes? was that today or yesterday? saw him on the news just now, had it muted though cause this greg gutfeld is one of the cringiest people i've ever seen in my life.

none of these people are worth the food they consume to survive, i can promise you that. 9/10 of them wouldn't even piss on you to put a fire out.

but anyway, what was that thing trump did today where he was telling jokes? was that today or yesterday? saw him on the news just now, had it muted though cause this greg gutfeld is one of the cringiest people i've ever seen in my life.
    What does that have to do with your false equivalency? fact Trump is the first president not to release his taxes or divest from his investments there are no presidents who are as corrupt as him. Feel free to prove me wrong by providing me with a modern US president that has not put their investments into a blind trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    What does that have to do with your false equivalency? fact Trump is the first president not to release his taxes or divest from his investments there are no presidents who are as corrupt as him. Feel free to prove me wrong by providing me with a modern US president that has not put their investments into a blind trust.
    i guess i should say that not all politicians were bad, because kennedy spoke against the CIA and secret societies. give us another JFK and we'd be doing good.

also, is wired a site you people like? cause i found something actually fucking awesome that trump's doing, and wired's the only site i saw it on that didn't have a sketchy name or a subscription wall

https://www.wired.com/story/federal-...-neoclassical/

this would be awesome. i wish houses and shit were still built in a greek or roman inspired fashion. we're the true heir to rome, it's only fitting we should look the part.

10+ Year Old Account
    this would be awesome. i wish houses and shit were still built in a greek or roman inspired fashion. we're the true heir to rome, it's only fitting we should look the part.
    Speaking as a Greek, I would kindly ask you to keep any grubby white supremacist mitts off our culture. You are all, by definition, barbarians, unless you're in possession of some heretofore hidden ability to speak Greek or Latin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Speaking as a Greek, I would kindly ask you to keep any grubby white supremacist mitts off our culture. You are all, by definition, barbarians, unless you're in possession of some heretofore hidden ability to speak Greek or Latin.
    i'm really sick of you people just deciding i'm X or Y like you think you know shit about me.

my father's parents are from italy, so this is my ancestry, and it's the foundation of western culture. this is what our government buildings should look like, and they should redesign all the ugly modern art looking buildings to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes sense to follow Roman traditions since they're the ones who destroyed democracy.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm really sick of you people just deciding i'm X or Y like you think you know shit about me.

my father's parents are from italy
    Ok Lombard.

so this is my ancestry, and it's the foundation of western culture. this is what our government buildings should look like, and they should redesign all the ugly modern art looking buildings to it.
    You do realise that western culture includes literally all the shit between now and then too, yeah? Like Byzantine Art, Gothic Art, Renaissance Art, Art Deco, Art Nouveau, et cetera. Hell, the article you linked says neoclassical style - i.e. the style commonplace in the late 18th and early 19th century.

Also, folks playing "Umberto Eco's Ur-Fascism Bingo" at home, make sure you check off "Rejection of Modernism".

"The Rejection of modernism", which views the rationalistic development of Western culture since the Enlightenment as a descent into depravity. Eco distinguishes this from a rejection of superficial technological advancement, as many fascist regimes cite their industrial potency as proof of the vitality of their system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

man, half the shit y'all try to tell me is bad is actually good. look at all the modern stuff we have and tell me it's not ugly and soulless. square boxes that just scream "this is where you'll wageslave the rest of your life away", shit that looks like it's gonna fall over, disturbing twisting statues and paintings that look like shit you see in serial killer notebooks.

this is a good thing for the nation. i just hope they make some new marble and stone monuments, things that'll stand for thousands of years.