Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Sorry if it's been posted, but it seems almost too ridiculous to be true.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...ts-nyt-2020-11
    they say Americans are known for their fierce tenacity, if not stubbornness and refusal to give up. I really wonder if they'll just drag out Trump if he refuses to surrender to the very last breath.

"GAs recount is a scam, means nothing" -Trump

Riiiiight, the double-checked, bipartisan-monitored, live-streamed HAND COUNT means nothing...

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    they say Americans are known for their fierce tenacity, if not stubbornness and refusal to give up. I really wonder if they'll just drag out Trump if he refuses to surrender to the very last breath.
    What would you like to see happen?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    For people to not fill dozens of pages responding to a sealion.

Sorry, I thought it was an open question.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    "like" is a stretch, but given where it's hard to logically discern where Trump is going with not conceding with power and trying his hardest to undermine Biden, I want to at least really see what happens if he tries to seat himself as something like a dictator or emperor (i.e instigate a coup).

If he doesn't and what he's doing right now is all bluster, it would make him seem like a petty coward by January's course.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerossi View Post
    I always thought the right to arm bears to be enshrined in the constitution was strange.
    wait one second

Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

"like" is a stretch, but given where it's hard to logically discern where Trump is going with not conceding with power and trying his hardest to undermine Biden, I want to at least really see what happens if he tries to seat himself as something like a dictator or emperor (i.e instigate a coup).
    I mean, as of January 20th, he's no longer President no matter what he says. And almost every single organization whose job it would be to enforce that is either pissed at him or has stated that their loyalty is to the Constitution.

5+ Year Old Account
    Please have trump be dragged out of the White House please. It would be a hilarious start to that year

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    "GAs recount is a scam, means nothing" -Trump

Riiiiight, the double-checked, bipartisan-monitored, live-streamed HAND COUNT means nothing...
    Didn't he want the recount in the vain hope that it'd somehow flip thousands of votes over to him?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Didn't he want the recount in the vain hope that it'd somehow flip thousands of votes over to him?
    He wants votes thrown out, because he doesn't win if the votes are counted
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It’s weird you’re hoping for a worst case scenario.
    It's depressing after everything in 2020 to be facing a lot of doubt and skepticism over an American icon turned president you hoped would turn things around. And an upcoming leader you have no faith in.

People in a slump often imagine worst-case scenarios for morbid amusement.

because everyone has different ideals that might lie in the Republican Party. I mean, people voted for Trump for a reason. You just don't know how reality might turn out though.

I actually liked Trump's tax policies. It made life a bit easier before the COVID crisis.
    And the only reason I can find that is rational, is that they are fucking gullible. His tax policies are bullshit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    This is Trump 101. "If I lose it's because they cheated."

He's the kind of born loser that starts making excuses before he enters the arena.

It's depressing after everything in 2020 to be facing a lot of doubt and skepticism over an American icon turned president you hoped would turn things around. And an upcoming leader you have no faith in.

People in a slump often imagine worst-case scenarios for morbid amusement.
    That's not how you use the word icon.

138,249 new cases, roughly 28k more than last Sunday. Still a major increase especially for the weekend and Michigan and a TON of Texas counties failed to report on time so it's likely several thousand higher in reality.

Top 20:

Illinois: 10,631 new cases; 74 deaths
    Fuck(ed) Florida.
    California: 8,817 new cases; 12 deaths
    Ohio: 7,853 new cases; 8 deaths
    Minnesota: 7,553 new cases; 31 deaths
    Indiana: 6,710 new cases; 22 deaths
    Texas: 6,658 new cases; 11 deaths
    Wisconsin: 6,058 new cases; 12 deaths
    Tennessee: 5,817 new cases; 16 deaths
    Pennsylvania: 4,647 new cases; 32 deaths
    Colorado: 4,183 new cases; 21 deaths
    New Jersey: 4,058 new cases; 15 deaths
    Oklahoma: 3,923 new cases; 12 deaths
    Iowa: 3,840 new cases; 12 deaths
    New York: 3,627 new cases; 21 deaths
    North Carolina: 3,117 new cases; 50 deaths
    Missouri: 3,084 new cases; 1 death
    Utah: 2,667 new cases; 8 deaths
    Louisiana: 2,532 new cases; 11 deaths
    Arizona: 2,383 new cases; 2 deaths

Sundays are almost always a bit of a bust in terms of getting any useful data. There are often several states that don't report (some NEVER report on Sundays) and as we can see here among those that do it's often a partial report (no way Texas went from over 10k to 6k overnight), so it's hard to get a read on exactly how fucked we are. Given that it's still a huge increase over last Sunday, I think it's safe to go out on a limb and say "still bad". Florida, noted above, posted a nasty surprise. It does not appear to be a correction. Tomorrow will be much of the same and I expect us to go right back to breaking records towards the middle of the week.

579 deaths is slightly higher than last Sunday and brings the total to 251,832. Another indicator that Sundays are poor for good data is that Texas is alllll the way down the list with "only" 11 deaths after being tops for weeks on end. Expect that to be corrected as the week progresses.

Related news:

Florida high school coach accused of defrauding COVID-19 fund of nearly $1 million--I apologize to those of you who live there and are tired of me saying it, but seriously: fuck Florida.

Fauci says delayed transition is a public health issue as Covid-19 cases soar nationwide--Because Trump just can't stop murdering Americans.

Why the coronavirus numbers are likely to keep getting worse--TL;DR: Half of Americans are still science-denying fuckheads so everyone must suffer.

Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    This is Trump 101. "If I lose it's because they cheated."

He's the kind of born loser that starts making excuses before he enters the arena.
    Sad as it may seem at the outset that someone would stoop so low, I'm actually constantly gladdened by the notion that none of this Trump bullshit is flying anymore. None of his excuses... none of his hypocrisy... none of his lies... none of it amounts to anything, anymore. None of it will prevent him from being replaced as president.

So he can be as dumb and hypocritical as he wants. It wont stop the inevitable.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys. Pack it up. Tell Biden to go back to his basement. Trump tweeted in all caps "I WON THE ELECTION" and by Twitter law that makes him president.

A dark day for America indeed.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Guys. Pack it up. Tell Biden to go back to his basement. Trump tweeted in all caps "I WON THE ELECTION" and by Twitter law that makes him president.

But of course he won! Best dealmaker and everything. Ya'll will be tired of all the winning!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

I hope Biden and the democrats pull no punches in reminding the public that this is the man the GOP unwaveringly, unquestioningly supported.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-11-16 at 05:59 AM.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

the news on TV on all channels is really interesting tonight. It's all disparaging Trump, to such an extent that it's like another non-free country celebrating their dictator leader is gone.

I'm wondering how it gets broadcast because it's so one-sided.