10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    I'm sure Hannity and Cucker will be all over this.
    Kim told me he didn't get any offer. And I believe him. /s

I thought I heard...somewhere that Kim believed he'd get covid sick if he joined Trump on airforce1.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I thought I heard...somewhere that Kim believed he'd get covid sick if he joined Trump on airforce1.
    Turns out he was right.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I'm sure they will be. But only to spin it as the most amazing, humanitarian offer ever given by a president.
    What was he supposed to do? Kim said very nice things about him. Gotta let him have a joyride in Air Force One after that.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

I wonder what Trump is going to say at CPAC. Do you think he will run for a second term?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by echowisp View Post
    I wonder what Trump is going to say at CPAC. Do you think he will run for a second term?
    I believe that would be unwise. Not that he will/won't, but he should be warned against that by everyone he knows.\

McConnell is nominally in charge of the GOP right now, Trump is effectively in charge of the GOP right now. McConnell seems upset about the way things went, and because he's not stupid, knows it's Trump's fault. Right now, he has four years to gennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnntly push Trump aside into a figurehead role. Trump gives rallies and names people he likes, and yes gets paid for it, but doesn't do any actual work and the Republicans can run an insurrection-free 2024 ticket. Eveyrone wins.

If Trump announces he's running now -- yes, he did in 2016 -- he loses that immediately. The remaining classic Republicans go into high alert and have to find a way to stop it, which will mandate telling Trump "no" which Trump will react to with the quiet, dignitiy and grace he always does. None. Either the Republican ticket includes a murderous insurrectionist who, don't forget, trivialized the COVID pandemic that's killed "Atlanta" levels of people...or, Trump splits the ticket. Both ways end up with major Republican losses and also Texas turns blue Democrat.

Trump is a narcisist who hates to hear "no" from anyone with power over him. Problem is, the IRS, NYState, DC etc. haven't made their move yet. McConnell is hoping for an ex machina to save him, but CPAC will happen first. If Trump announces at CPAC, McConnell will not only have to move more urgently to distance what's left of his party from Trump, but will also need an external CD from the healers, possibly asking directly for some of these investigations to get a move on.

If things continue at this trend (Biden slowly fixing the damage Trump did) 2024 will be tough enough on the GOP. Running Trump, who quite frankly isn't healthy now let alone in four years, will make it worse. Running against Trump in 2024 will lead to a near-100% blue coast-to-coast.

Or, McConnell could retire and let Cruz hand what's left of the Republican Party to Trump, who will get sick and die in a matter of years...months...days, maybe, he's obese and walks/talks like a stroke victim...as well as handing him salt to mix with the ashes.

The only thing I'm willing to stand behind is McConnell won't actually try to have Trump killed to salvage things McConnell is insidious evil, but not an actual murderer. Other than that, he'll do what he has to, to keep Trump off any ticket in 2024, because there's no good end for the Republican Party (or Party of Trump, for that matter) if Trump runs.

Trump is now just a distraction for the GOP. Without Trump mucking things up, I think that McConnell could repair enough of the damage for republicans to be competitive and even win in 2022. With Trump doing his thing, McConnell has no chance.

Fingers crossed that President Biden and Representative AOC continue to do their 2 step. They are doing a great job of playing their respective roles. Vice President Harris and Senator Sanders are playing appropriate supporting roles, and over all democrats are doing about as good as could be expected up to this point.

Fingers majorly crossed

10+ Year Old Account
    JHU reports the milestone of 500,000 dead from COVID-19, a problem made far worse due to Trump's ineptitude.

Half a million people, by the way, is just barely behind Atlanta's population, meaning that only 37 cities in the US have more people than COVID has victims.

At 600,000 it passes Baltimore, and the number becomes 29 cities.

At 700,000 it passes Boston, and the number becomes 20 cities.

I hate this timeline so fucking much.

He will not run for a second term because he hated the actual job of being President, but he will spend the next few years pretending that he's going to run. That way he still gets the crowds, sycophants, and money. Grifters gonna grift.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    JHU reports the milestone of 500,000 dead from COVID-19, a problem made far worse due to Trump's ineptitude.

Half a million people, by the way, is just barely behind Atlanta's population, meaning that only 37 cities in the US have more people than COVID has victims.

If it makes you feel any better, somewhere out there is a timeline where Trump got re-elected. Imagine how they feel.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, somewhere out there is a timeline where Trump got re-elected. Imagine how they feel.
    To quote Victor Vivisector "I welcome death."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post

/10lifeeaters
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Sunday's quick report:

57,198 new cases; 1,245 deaths, bringing the total to 511,133. Several states haven't reported.

Other sources of course claim that today is the day we passed 500k, but it doesn't really matter when it happened, really, does it? Half a million Americans are gone in a year, largely the result of Trump's refusal to acknowledge publicly that it was a problem.

"But Trump's base are too stupid and would have refused to wear masks, etc. anyway!"

Not if he'd told them to. If he'd said "Hey, wear a mask and own the libs!" they would have worn three giant, red, MAGA-emblazoned masks stacked one on top of the other because their God Emperor told them to. If he'd told them to work from home and avoid public gatherings--like his superspreader events--because then we could quickly get back to "Making America Great Again" once we beat this thing they would have, most of them. You wouldn't be hearing jack shit about "OMG MUH FREEDUMBS!" if he'd said it. But he didn't. And here we are.

COVID-19 variant found in UK spreads 'like wildfire.' British experts fear what will happen if US won't lock down--If we'd had a competent leader last year who had done the above--or even just someone whose vanity wasn't outshined by their gross negligence--we might have had a hope of having effective lockdowns to curb this. As it stands a good portion of the country thinks it's all made up bullshit because their King told them it was repeatedly. Hope y'all are comfy with your masks and gloves and nights in, because the US isn't coming out of the pandemic for along while yet.

Stay safe, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    If we'd had a competent leader last year who had done the above--or even just someone whose vanity wasn't outshined by their gross negligence--we might have had a hope of having effective lockdowns to curb this. As it stands a good portion of the country thinks it's all made up bullshit because their King told them it was repeatedly. Hope y'all are comfy with your masks and gloves and nights in, because the US isn't coming out of the pandemic for along while yet.

Stay safe, folks.
    Always was my opinion that if we had stayed locked down for a couple more months simulated the economy we'd been way better off than now with Covid. But nah. We had to get our hair and nails done and go bowling in GA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

Thankfully, it is still less than 1/3 as deadly per capita as the 1918 H1N1 Pandemic.

More importantly, at 600k it overtakes cancer as the #2 cause of death, and at 700k it would have handedly passed heart attack as the leading cause of death in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Thankfully, it is still less than 1/3 as deadly per capita as the 1918 H1N1 Pandemic.
    Oh so we've learned something about virology in the interceding 102 years between then and now?

I would fucking hope so.

More importantly, at 600k it overtakes cancer as the #2 cause of death, and at 700k it would have handedly passed heart attack as the leading cause of death in the US.
    Seems the GOP/Trump's plan of "do nothing and hope it goes away" didn't end up working, hmm?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Oh so we've learned something about virology in the interceding 102 years between then and now?

I would fucking hope so.

Seems the GOP/Trump's plan of "do nothing and hope it goes away" didn't end up working, hmm?
    Far more to it than our increased knowledge of viruses.

Of course it didn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post

only if you ignore the average quality of medical treatment you could get back then if you didn't have the money for a doctor
    and how well people did in getting to a doctor when most people still lived in rural areas vs urban

you trying to discount COVID this way is disingenuous as fuck
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Leave it to the most hardcore of Trumpsters to downplay the Trump virus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    only if you ignore the average quality of medical treatment you could get back then if you didn't have the money for a doctor
    and how well people did in getting to a doctor when most people still lived in rural areas vs urban

you trying to discount COVID this way is disingenuous as fuck
    COVID is bad, but we have faced worse, and survived. It is perspective.

Further, rather odd to say I am discounting it when I am saying it is getting close to being the #1 cause of death in the US.
    Last edited by Kellhound; 2021-02-22 at 05:01 AM.

So Don "high as fuck on cocaine" Jr. posted on Twitter a video attacking Teachers and their union from trying to protect themselves and their students by being vaccinated before going back to in person classes. Well of course like any red blooded member of I̶S̶I̶S̶ I mean Republican they need to video themselves attacking people in front of a wall of guns. Really send a giant dogwhistle that you want to attack your enemies especially after their attempted coup on Jan 6th. Well I do have to ask any of our gun aficionados on this site if any of the guns Don Jr., where he hit a line of coke before shooting the video, were real? Seriously, the guns hanging behind him look like cheap solid plastic fake guns. I believe they couldn't even shoot and I am seriously wondering where you could even load the ammo on those things because the grips on all of them do not look long enough to hold a magazine clip and they look spray painted with cheap spray paint from Walmart. They look like a below average first time cosplayer's prop guns on a slim budget. Can any gun aficionado answer if those 'guns' are real?

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1...021730601.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Another arrest from the murderous insurection: a Florida cop who actually said

We’re not here to hurt any cops, of course. I love my boys in blue, but this is overwhelming for them. There’s no way they can hold us back,
    about a riot in which he, or one of his co-conspirators, beat a police officer to death.