https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/05/03/p...ght/index.html

So, what's the going rate of support for a staunchly conservative Republican with a military background who checks every box except for his strong opposition to Trump?

About 3% of the vote.

The leading candidate? The wife of the former winner, who died of covid, who was endorsed by Trump.

There is no backing away from Trump, the Republican party, as we're seeing with Kevin McCarthy and others attempting to shank Liz Cheney, is fully the party of Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    There is no backing away from Trump, the Republican party, as we're seeing with Kevin McCarthy and others attempting to shank Liz Cheney, is fully the party of Trump.
    If she loses, text books will need to be updated, to reflect that new values of GOP... conspiracy theories...

The US is fucked, if we have a two party system that pits liberals vs conspiracy theorist.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    The wife of the former winner, who died of covid, who was endorsed by Trump.
    Can't wait to see the look on her face when Trump stands beside her and calls COVID a hoax.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The US is fucked, if we have a two party system that pits liberals vs conspiracy theorist.
    Reality vs. Alternate Reality

What's the biggest problem in Alternate Reality right now? Some trans kid MIGHT break a record in sports. They can't name any that have, and they'll struggle to find a single example of it, BUT THIS IS THE MOST PRESSING ISSUE FACING OUR NATION.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Can't wait to see the look on her face when Trump stands beside her and calls COVID a hoax.
    Considering there was the clip on John Oliver (I think?) of the guy whose wife died of covid talking about how he didn't want the vaccine because he wasn't sure it was safe, I don't think this will be as big a problem as one might imagine.

Reality vs. Alternate Reality

What's the biggest problem in Alternate Reality right now? Some trans kid MIGHT break a record in sports. They can't name any that have, and they'll struggle to find a single example of it, BUT THIS IS THE MOST PRESSING ISSUE FACING OUR NATION.
    I do find this rather amusing, that suddenly people are very interested in particularly women's sports integrity. You know, that whole other part of sports, that has nowhere near the same views, money, respect or representation, and that people make fun of for existing, but now all of a sudden woe is me got to protect it with all fervor because its integrity is being ruined.

Tell conservatives that if they actually start watching women's sport, that they care soooo deeply about as much as they do male sports, then we can maybe start talking about it as an issue; but until then it is off the table.
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howel View Post
    I do find this rather amusing, that suddenly people are very interested in particularly women's sports integrity. You know, that whole other part of sports, that has nowhere near the same views, money, respect or representation, and that people make fun of for existing, but now all of a sudden woe is me got to protect it with all fervor because its integrity is being ruined.

Tell conservatives that if they actually start watching women's sport, that they care soooo deeply about as much as they do male sports, then we can maybe start talking about it as an issue; but until then it is off the table.
    It’s really fucking stupid... If they think that a medical treatment would cause an advantage, you ban the treatment, not the people...

As an example... there is a pregnancy drug, that is also used to cover steroid use... The NFL didn’t ban pregnant players, they banned the drug.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It’s really fucking stupid... If they think that a medical treatment would cause an advantage, you ban the treatment, not the people...

As an example... there is a pregnancy drug, that is also used to cover steroid use... The NFL didn’t ban pregnant players, they banned the drug.

While I disagree with most of the Republican stuff as they aren’t based in reality. The part about Trans in sports based on the gender they want to identify with is one I hate to say it but I have to agree with them for a valid reason.

The person may identify as a girl but anatomically they were a boy for however long and even if they had the surgery, their hormones are still going to say otherwise even with the medication.

She may identify as a woman, but she would be a woman with the equivalent of decades of steroids in their veins from being anatomically a boy with all the added muscle mass and denser bone structure to go with it.

It just goes against all sense of fairness in such a situation. Their medical situation prevents them from fairly competing in those events.

Edit: And banning the treatment would be to ban the reassignment surgery itself which is something we don’t want to go either.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Howel View Post

Meanwhile, North Carolina quietly killed their transgender sports bill after failing to find even a single complaint on the subject. Their House Speaker remarked that, "a wise legislature does not go out looking for social issues to tap."

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    While I disagree with most of the Republican stuff as they aren’t based in reality. The part about Trans in sports based on the gender they want to identify with is one I hate to say it but I have to agree with them for a valid reason.

The person may identify as a girl but anatomically they were a boy for however long and even if they had the surgery, their hormones are still going to say otherwise even with the medication.

She may identify as a woman, but she would be a woman with the equivalent of decades of steroids in their veins from being anatomically a boy with all the added muscle mass and denser bone structure to go with it.

It just goes against all sense of fairness in such a situation. Their medical situation prevents them from fairly competing in those events.
    None of this applies to youth sports, though, which happen before puberty hits and creates that potentially disproportionate playing field. And that's leaving aside the issue of those who transitioned early enough to use puberty blockers to prevent it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    "a wise legislature does not go out looking for social issues to tap."
    VOTER FRAUD! Everyone look, there's MASSIVE VOTER FRAUD!

Kind of like that?

Edit: And banning the treatment would be to ban the reassignment surgery itself which is something we don’t want to go either.
    Yeah, I'm struggling with my thoughts on this particular subject. I mean Caitlyn Jenner has more knowledge about all of this than I ever will and she said she doesn't think it should be allowed, so that really bumps up hard against my opinion that there should be no barriers in life thrown up against how you identify. I'm not currently tasked with voting on the matter so I at least have some time to evolve my thoughts and there's TONS of other important shit to be dealing with right now, but this issue is going to be a tough one.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Yeah, I'm struggling with my thoughts on this particular subject. I mean Caitlyn Jenner has more knowledge about all of this than I ever will and she said she doesn't think it should be allowed, so that really bumps up hard against my opinion that there should be no barriers in life thrown up against how you identify. I'm not currently tasked with voting on the matter so I at least have some time to evolve my thoughts and there's TONS of other important shit to be dealing with right now, but this issue is going to be a tough one.
    You mean the woman that competed in a women's golf tournament? Caitlyn Jenner is probably one of the last people most of the trans community wants to be an ambassador/spokesperson for them.

Without getting into the specifics of the issue as its' a forbidden topic, I'll just leave it at this: That those clutching pearls about this struggle to find more than a few example of what they're trying to "protect girls" from speaks volumes to how this is literally a fictitious problem that exists only in their imaginations.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Meanwhile, North Carolina quietly killed their transgender sports bill after failing to find even a single complaint on the subject. Their House Speaker remarked that, "a wise legislature does not go out looking for social issues to tap."
    That is a remarkably good line to say.
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.

Except that appropriate hormone therapy appears to do the job.

Noted dipshit Joe Rogan liked to bring up Fallon Fox a lot. Fox had a moderately successful career in MMA and yet she wasn't unbeatable. Additional muscle mass and denser bones don't mean much in a sport with weight classes. Fox had to get full surgery and multiple years of hormone replacement.

You mean the woman that competed in a women's golf tournament? Caitlyn Jenner is probably one of the last people most of the trans community wants to be an ambassador/spokesperson for them.

Without getting into the specifics of the issue as its' a forbidden topic, I'll just leave it at this: That those clutching pearls about this struggle to find more than a few example of what they're trying to "protect girls" from speaks volumes to how this is literally a fictitious problem that exists only in their imaginations.
    She has more experience with a variety of more athletic sports than I do and I have zero experience as a trans woman, so her knowledge still trumps (damn it can we even use that word anymore?) my own. The science doesn't really fully support either side of the issue--probably because there's not been enough research done on it--with some studies saying trans women would have an edge and others saying that over time with hormone therapy that edge tapers off.

I didn't realize this was a forbidden subject, though I expect it's going to be brought up more often as time goes on...you know...once we can stop trying to convince imbeciles that QAnon aren't the anti-pedo crusaders they think they are.

I'll drop it in the interests of not further derailing the thread (and not breaking the rules), but I do think there's more discussion to be had here than, say, whether or not the GOP are interested in bipartisanship.

10+ Year Old Account
    with some studies saying trans women would have an edge and others saying that over time with hormone therapy that edge tapers off.
    Real world data shows said "edge" doesn't actually exist, as shown by the exactly zero transgender athletes who have even qualified for the Olympics, much less set records, in the decade and a half they have been allowed.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Real world data shows said "edge" doesn't actually exist, as shown by the exactly zero transgender athletes who have even qualified for the Olympics, much less set records, in the decade and a half they have been allowed.
    I mean, I keep trying to get off the derailment (and forbidden topic?), but this isn't exactly true if you want to broaden it past the Olympics--which aren't the only sports.

Trans women retain athletic edge after a year of hormone therapy, study finds

As I said before, I'm struggling to figure out where I fall on this one. It's really not as cut-and-dry an issue as some people are making it out to be. Sure, they can institute a longer ban until the hormone therapy kicks in but that's over a year of keeping an athlete in their prime out of the game(s). Hopefully better, faster therapies can be developed to cut that period down.

10+ Year Old Account
    The part about Trans in sports based on the gender they want to identify with is one I hate to say it but I have to agree with them for a valid reason.
    I would agree with you, if all major leagues, didn’t already set boundaries on things like testosterone, through HGH testing. They set the top bar for what is with the rules, there is no reason it can’t set a base as well. We are already there, just need to apply it in a different way.

Damn... sports knowledge... useful... noice...

I mean, I keep trying to get off the derailment (and forbidden topic?), but this isn't exactly true if you want to broaden it past the Olympics--which aren't the only sports.

Trans women retain athletic edge after a year of hormone therapy, study finds

As I said before, I'm struggling to figure out where I fall on this one. It's really not as cut-and-dry an issue as some people are making it out to be. Sure, they can institute a longer ban until the hormone therapy kicks in but that's over a year of keeping an athlete in their prime out of the game(s). Hopefully better, faster therapies can be developed to cut that period down.
    If this were such a huge thing as people make it out to be then you'd expect to see transwomen always at the top... yet they aren't as there are tons of CIS women ahead.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet Transwomen aren't usually in the top of their field.

People are also kind of forgetting that, Transwomen are a small percentage of the population, Transwomen that want to also be athletes are an even smaller percentage. The worry about them suddenly just destroying womens sports is extremely silly because of that fact alone.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/worke...b04620270cc692

"Hey unemployed Montanans. Fuck you. No, seriously. Fuck you." At least that's what Greg Gianforte is telling you.

Apparently y'all are getting lazy suckling at the teet of the federal government so he's ending the additional $300/month benefit on June 27 ahead of the actual September end.

Apparently with unemployment low, they need to hurt people to get them back to shitty jobs and off their lazy asses.

I have nothing positive to say here, Greg Gianforte is a ghoul who body slammed a reporter for asking him a question and was subsequently elected to Congress to represent Montana and went on to be their governor.

If you're in Montana and you're mad your added unemployment benefits will end early and you voted for Greg Gianforte for Congress or governor, you deserve this.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2021-05-05 at 05:57 AM.