10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Getting slightly more votes isn't the tidal shift you're queefing into existence.
    Hey Bodakane, did W get 11 percent of the African-American vote in 2004, which would make @Kokolums either exaggerating for dramatic, one might even suggest hyperbolic, effect -- or just flat-out incorrect?

And also, how do you feel about leading questions?

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Doubling down on a lie doesn’t make it true.

Calling in the African American vote was what kept Trump and you ilk out of office a second term.
    but he doubled it! it went from 4% to 8%! who knows, maybe next time it'll be 16%! never mind that 84% of the black vote is still going to the Dems, I mean, that part doesn't really matter, now does it???

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    but he doubled it! it went from 4% to 8%! who knows, maybe next time it'll be 16%! never mind that 84% of the black vote is still going to the Dems, I mean, that part doesn't really matter, now does it???
    He went up to 18% by the end of this thread it will be Trump won 50% of the black vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The period of 2016-2036, which includes the era of Trump running for president
    three times,
    Hahahahahah

is EXTREMELY significant in American history, because in this period, blacks are FINALLY making that long-awaited shift away from liberalism to conservatism.
    Pffffff hahahahahaha

hey, if the trajectory stays the same we can see most black folks voting republican by 2056.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Everyone’s favorite YouTube lawyer did a video.

http://youtu.be/DmrpYHQnRJA
    At this point could they just play the Trump family interviews? They seem to incriminate themselves every time they speak.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure @Benggaul will post this too, but, I recently had a discussion with a Floridian about exactly this topic and...yeah, what a surprise.

Florida accounts for 20 percent of all new COVID-19 infections

That's according to the White House's COVID response director head leader person guy.

"Just four states accounted for more than 40 percent of all cases in the past week, with 1 in 5 of all cases occurring in Florida alone," White House COVID-19 coordinator Jeff Zients told reporters during a briefing Friday.

"We will likely ... continue to experience an increase in COVID cases in the weeks ahead, with these cases concentrated in communities with lower vaccination rates," Zients said

Florida is seeing some of the highest coronavirus hospitalizations, new infections and deaths per capita in the country. The numbers bottomed out as vaccinations became available but recently have been climbing.

Currently, the state is reporting an average of 29 new infections for every 100,000 people per day — more than four times the national average.

The positivity rate is hovering around 10 percent, and according to federal data, the seven-day moving average is more than 5,600 cases a day.

About 55 percent of eligible people in Florida have received at least a single dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, putting it around the middle of all states and the District of Columbia.
    I hate to step on benggaul's toes, but I simply had to post this for personal reasons. Sorry, man. I still love your work, keep it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    hey, if the trajectory stays the same we can see most black folks voting republican by 2056.
    I wonder how restrictions to stop minorities from voting enacted by the GOP factor into the math here

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    In what reality is roughly 10% actually 18%?
    He cited males only. It's like padding your numbers with AoE on trash while the leader puts a skull on the target and yells BURN SKULL DOWN!

Trump lies about everything all the time. He lies about his African-American support, which is consistent with the classic Republicans in previous elections. So do his supporters, who have to either parrot Trump's lies, or admit they were lied to.

- - - Updated - - -

Except that "some" states are making laws specifically to block them from voting, which means their GOP support is irrelevant.

But it's okay -- they still have another foot for their second bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Except that "some" states are making laws specifically to block them from voting, which means their GOP support is irrelevant.

But it's okay -- they still have another foot for their second bullet.
    lol that's very true, and in some states like Florida it might end up hurting republican voter turn out. very wise and forward thinking lot.

"Last year you had no babies, and this year you have one baby. If this trend holds true, in ten years you'll have almost a dozen babies!"

I'm sure @Benggaul will post this too, but, I recently had a discussion with a Floridian about exactly this topic and...yeah, what a surprise.

Where's Bugs Bunny when you need him : (

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well, time for him to take the stand, then. Oh, by "him" I mean both the witness, and Trump, gender nonspecific.

Oh, and I can only imagine what Trump Org's employees kept as "insurance". If my boss ordered me to, for example, take $10,000 less in salary and he'd pay off $10,000 of my mortgage tax-free, you'd better believe I would forward that email to a non-work account in case, well, this happened.
    Agreed. It would be a fallacy to assume all Trump Org employees worship him, and haven't put aside "insurance" files or other such documents. And before anyone asks, while I would be all the money in the world that every Trump Org employee signed a NDA, those agreements are absolutely void when it comes to criminal activity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    every Trump Org employee signed a NDA
    This is an honest question, not "lol leading" as per usual. Would suing someone because they "broke" an illegal NDA, be considered witness intimidation?

- - - Updated - - -

Where's Bugs Bunny when you need him : (
    He's in that new Space Jam movie which...man, if you thought the Freedom Phone was a cash grab based on a bad idea, sufferin' succotash!

That's according to the White House's COVID response director head leader person guy.

I hate to step on benggaul's toes, but I simply had to post this for personal reasons. Sorry, man. I still love your work, keep it up.
    I'm Floridian. Nothing closed. Life barely changed here.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I wonder how restrictions to stop minorities from voting enacted by the GOP factor into the math here
    When you only let a certain % of the black population vote, the ones you are certain will vote for your side, of course you'll get her numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics...-2020-victory/
    https://www.vox.com/2021/5/10/224251...p-demographics

In what reality is roughly 10% actually 18%? Smaller demographic shifts like this happen.
    Now here is the bigger question, where were the extra votes if there were any?

States that would not have or would never impact the election like deep south or liberal coast?

Can't really find this level of detail in any of the reports.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is an honest question, not "lol leading" as per usual. Would suing someone because they "broke" an illegal NDA, be considered witness intimidation?
    Man, you don't fuck around with the easy ones, do you?

The law is pretty clear that a NDA doesn't protect criminal activity, so much so that you can report a crime even while "under" a NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement). Violating a NDA usually means you lose out on benefits, salary, compensation, or previous settlement money (NDA's can be used for a number of things, including post court case settlements - "hush agreements"). But if someone reports or testifies on criminal activity and they've signed a NDA, the person is in the clear.

Even though the law is clear, an Organization could file a cause of action against the person who violated the agreement. And the Organization would certainly file a brief requesting to exclude the testimony because of the NDA. However, strategically speaking, I'm not sure an Organization would actually file suit against the NDA-violator. If I were the Organizations attorney, I would sanction the employee based on the NDA penalties, and NOT sue the employee. Because that would put the onus back on the employee to sue to get themselves "unsanctioned", if that makes sense.

However, you didn't ask that - lol. I don't think suing the employee would be witness intimidation (although it of course would be). I can't find any case law on it though - it's all about sexual harassment. I think because the NDA "violation" is legit, it would constitute a normal cause of action legally, and therefore not be witness intimidation. But as always, and especially here, it depends.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump's son-in-law's family held a fundraiser for a 2024 presidential candidate. It wasn't Trump.

NOW I would pay to come to Mar-a-Go-Fuck-Yourself for Thanksgiving. Should be a hoot.
    Last edited by cubby; 2021-07-16 at 05:59 PM.

I hate to step on benggaul's toes, but I simply had to post this for personal reasons.
    Absolutely not a problem. I don't have nor do I particularly want a monopoly on COVID info dissemination.

Well, except for the nearly 40 thousand Floridians (that we know of) whose lives changed rather dramatically.

Thursday's report:

36,674 new cases; about 19k more than two weeks ago.

Top 5:

Fuck Florida (over 7k according to worldometers).
    Texas: 3,611 new cases; 41 deaths
    California: 3,439 new cases; 28 deaths
    Missouri: 2,882 new cases; no deaths reported (lie of omission)
    Louisiana: 1,500 new cases; 13 deaths

Florida remains the worst in the nation. Also in COVID terms, as @Breccia posted earlier. Six states have now moved into the "High" risk zone: Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Missouri and Arkansas. Based on positivity rates coupled with low vaccination rates (and proximity to the aforementioned 6) I'm also expecting Oklahoma, Mississippi and Louisiana to join them shortly. The next wave is undeniably upon us and all we can do is hope this pushes more people to get vaccinated so we can keep the casualties low this time around. Things aren't looking good heading into the weekend and I'm pretty sure we will be seeing 40k+ by next week at the latest.

344 deaths is around 30 higher than two weeks ago and brings the total to 624,214. The 7-day average has definitely started curving back upwards, currently at around 260, and will be heading higher for the next couple weeks at least as is the inevitable outcome of so many new cases. The other problem is that because Delta spreads so quickly healthcare services can very easily get overwhelmed by unvaccinated infected (vaccinated people have a much lower chance of needing hospitalization). Keep an eye on ICU occupancies.

Related news:

CDC warns of 'pandemic of the unvaccinated' over troubling rise in Covid cases

"we are going to continue to see preventable cases, hospitalizations and, sadly, deaths among the unvaccinated."
    Get. Your. Jabs.

Biden's Covid surge teams begin rolling out to a hostile heartland--Because Trump politicized the virus as a "Democrat hoax" you can guess the most vulnerable areas. Biden's teams won't be bringing hydroxychloroquine, bleach or UV light to inject people with, so what good are they, eh?

Stay safe, folks.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2021-07-16 at 06:47 PM.

You mean apart from those who no longer found themselves having a life to live?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.