10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Annnnnnnd, Trump does it again.
    I like how the story you linked has

A) Japan is now negotiating directly with North Korea, both for return of prisoners and the security situation, because they no longer trust Trump to do it.

B) Japan wants to buy more US food, and Trump isn't letting that happen. Instead, he applied tariffs on Japan harder than other allies. Trump is the reverse of a salesman.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Really the idea that impeaching the man who uses Cheeto dust as body paint would actually fix things seems silly. Republican voters in their clear majority have decided that the media are completely untrustworthy, science is biased, expertise is pointless, truth is not truth and everything that keep brown people away from the US is worth voting for however repugnant. I don't think that can ever be fixed anymore. We no longer live in an age where you can shame racist shits into a closet; they have their echo chambers that prove to them how many they are (and they are right about that, they are MANY).
    You are saying exactly what my greatest fears are right now. That Trump is just a symptom of an infection that is spreading (or coming out) through this county is becoming quite clear. Hell, he's such a fucking idiot, it's almost making it easier for those paying attention. He's just a big orange highlighter to what is wrong with this country. If it were someone just as evil but much brighter, we'd be in much deeper trouble (maybe).

And what might never be fixed.

I mean, how do you affect an opinion base that ignores, literally, science and facts? I keep saying "Under his Eye", and it's becoming more and more clear that's where we might be headed, Cadet Bone Spurs or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Annnnnnnd, Trump does it again. Prepare for embarrassment folks.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.e74be0f8f4e9

"I remember Pearl Harbor"
    The most unbelievable part of this story is that Trump remembers that the Pearl Harbor attack happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both Dershowitz and Christie, long-time supporters of Trump, ask him to just shut up about the Mueller investigation. (Dershowitz goes further, saying Trump shouldn't fire or pardon anyone either)

Wanna see the video?

Wanna see the other video?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The most unbelievable part of this story is that Trump remembers that the Pearl Harbor attack happened.
    I mean..is there any evidence he is referring to the Pearl Harbor attack and not Pearl Harbor the movie?

he remembers pearl harbor because he had to fill out the forms saying he couldn't enlist to help because of his bone spurs

you know how much Don hates having to do paper work. Still haunts him to this day

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    I mean..is there any evidence he is referring to the Pearl Harbor attack and not Pearl Harbor the movie?
    "You know, that movie where they talked about loving the smell of agent orange?"

I can wholly believe that he's referencing the movie and actually believes it's historically accurate (despite it not being historically accurate outside of broad strokes). MICHAEL BAY, PERSONAL WWII HISTORIAN TO THE PRESIDENT. I can totally see that being a thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    he remembers pearl harbor because he had to fill out the forms saying he couldn't enlist to help because of his bone spurs

you know how much Don hates having to do paper work. Still haunts him to this day
    He was born in 1946, 5 years after the attack. The war you're thinking of is the Vietnam War.

He was born in 1946, 5 years after the attack. The war you're thinking of is the Vietnam War.
    Don's dad then

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I like how the story you linked has

A) Japan is now negotiating directly with North Korea, both for return of prisoners and the security situation, because they no longer trust Trump to do it.

B) Japan wants to buy more US food, and Trump isn't letting that happen. Instead, he applied tariffs on Japan harder than other allies. Trump is the reverse of a salesman.
    Hey, they can buy food from us Instead! i mean, they love our salmon.

And also, about Donaldo fighting with an internet algorithm (please, no one say to him that those words are from arabic origin), i must say this.

Last edited by Thepersona; 2018-08-28 at 08:04 PM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump's attempt to use the White House's power to regulate Google because they cover stories he doesn't like has already been relentlessly mocked.

Someone did a counter-study that was just as scientificially valid: they Googled "Clinton news" one time.

The top story was from TheDailyCaller, a known right-biased site.

The third story was from Sputnik. Yes. Russian state media Sputnik.

Both were "but her emails!" claiming now that it was China who cracked the stolen emails.

Oh, and the story cites an unnamed former intelligence officer. Which means, not only is right-biased media trying to push a story based on anonymous stories -- something Trump has personally said makes them liars -- but also based on the word of a former intelligence official -- which Trump has used as an excuse to shut down security clearance.

But I think it rather destroys the "Google is biased" narrative more than...um...five seconds of common sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Hey, they can buy food from us Instead! i mean, they love our salmon.
    Doesn't everyone?

It's no secret that China already likes South American and African trade. It would not take a lot for Japan to hop into that mindset.

Doesn't everyone?

It's no secret that China already likes South American and African trade. It would not take a lot for Japan to hop into that mindset.
    You have a point here. In fact Japan is our second biggest buyer of salmon (the first is the US). China buys our wine tho (and remember, China is currently in the herculean task of finishing a new silk road, in order to connect Europe with them).
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

McConnell slows effort to rename Senate's Russell building for McCain https://t.co/VshQLJIw95
    https://twitter.com/LisaMascaro/stat...038697984?s=19

This is fairly amazing but not surprising. The building was named after former Georgia Senator, Richard Russell a well known opponent of Civil Rights and to be fair a downright racist.

You would believe this is a slam dunk since he was a former Democrat and someone that neither side should want to honor. Chuck Schumer, a Democrat proposed the name change but Republican, Mitch McConnell is trying to slow this down.

Hmm, I wonder why?
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post

This is fairly amazing but not surprising. The building was named after former Georgia Senator, Richard Russell a well known opponent of Civil Rights and to be fair a downright racist.

You would believe this is a slam dunk since he was a former Democrat and someone that neither side should want to honor. Chuck Schumer, a Democrat proposed the name change but Republican, Mitch McConnell is trying to slow this down.

Hmm, I wonder why?
    Something so inane and not worth the time to slow. Nothing like wasting some time on something so obvious.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post

Hmm, I wonder why?
    "Change the name of a building named after a racist shithead? Why would we ever want to do that?!" Republicans, apparently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, remember DTS and Hillary lost, get over it?

Trump warned evangelical leaders of 'violence' if GOP loses midterms: report
    http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...loses-election

If the GOP loses control of Congress, he warned, "they will overturn everything that we've done and they'll do it quickly and violently, and violently." It's unclear who specifically Trump was referring to.

"There's violence. When you look at Antifa and you look at some of these groups — these are violent people," he said.
    Edit: Click the quote arrow for a better post on the subject:

clicky
    Last edited by Felya; 2018-08-28 at 09:37 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

DID SOMEONE SAY ANTIFA?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Trump's gibberish sounds like he thinks Dems are going to commit the violence. Always fascinating stuff seeing inside the mind of someone with a neurologically degenerative disease.
    Yeah, he is saying that if democrats win, the left will violently revolt. If GOP wins, we have deranged and violent democrats. If GOP loses, we have deranged and violent democrats. Hey... remember when Hillary called half the Trump supporters deplorable?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Trump's gibberish sounds like he thinks Dems are going to commit the violence. Always fascinating stuff seeing inside the mind of someone with a neurologically degenerative disease.
    Most people who tend towards violence do so under the excuse of doing it to others before they could do it to them.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump continues taking hostages.

So Trump met with Evangelical leaders (behind closed doors, duh) on Monday, and during that meeting, he told them the midterms were a referendum on him --

"Duh."

And "your religion". Yes: "your religion". That's some separation of church and state gone wrong, right there. But it gets worse.

If the GOP loses control of Congress, he warned, "they will overturn everything that we've done and they'll do it quickly and violently, and violently." It's unclear who specifically Trump was referring to.

"There's violence. When you look at Antifa and you look at some of these groups — these are violent people," he said.
    That's right: vote for me, or there will be violence. And read what he said. That was not a metaphor.

Trump also told them he got rid of the Johnson Amendment. This is just blatantly false. He tried to get it into the tax cut for the rich, and failed to do so. Instead, he used his executive power to order the administration to stop enforcing it. That's not the same thing, seeing how the next President can immediately enforce it as any other law, as one would expect. Yet another campaign promise broken, but let's face it, it's not like he's keeping track, nor would he be honest if he was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Most people who tend towards violence do so under the excuse of doing it to others before they could do it to them.
    The iron curtain being the best example I can think of. Poland was called a buffer from future agression