https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...people-1118601

So in addition to being racist and sexist, he also angrily ordered braille to be removed from Trump Tower, against federal law.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    A hurricane is about to hit two of the most red states in the nation, the Carolinas. I wonder how the hillbillies will take it when they're told by the federal government "Sorry your house got washed away, we spent all our money on catching them illegals, so you might be homeless, but at least we're torturing immigrant kids!"
    North Carolina is hardly one of the reddest states in the nation. It went for Obama in 2008, Trump barely won it, and it has a Democratic governor. Mostly purple, maybe slightly red.

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    A hurricane is about to hit two of the most red states in the nation, the Carolinas. I wonder how the hillbillies will take it when they're told by the federal government "Sorry your house got washed away, we spent all our money on catching them illegals, so you might be homeless, but at least we're torturing immigrant kids!"
    I hear there are these "camps" that the GOP are super proud of that they can go to.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/12/u...detention.html

Population levels at federally contracted shelters for migrant children have quietly shot up more than fivefold since last summer, according to data obtained by The New York Times, reaching a total of 12,800 this month. There were 2,400 such children in custody in May 2017.
    Just pointing out that Trump is fucking fantastic at putting kids in prison with his current policies. Truly, the shining city on the hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/12/u...detention.html

Just pointing out that Trump is fucking fantastic at putting kids in prison with his current policies. Truly, the shining city on the hell.
    I'm seriously starting to wonder what the hell Trump wants with all of these kids, especially when he wants to hold them indefinitely. Is Trump the crazy cat lady of migrant children? I don't want to throw conspiracy theories out there, but there has to be an actual reason to hold these children.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I'm seriously starting to wonder what the hell Trump wants with all of these kids, especially when he wants to hold them indefinitely. Is Trump the crazy cat lady of migrant children? I don't want to throw conspiracy theories out there, but there has to be an actual reason to hold these children.
    The ultimate irony if the GOP were involved in child trafficking.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    The ultimate irony if the GOP were involved in child trafficking.
    Considering how we don't even know where many even are it's not the craziest conspiracy theory to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Saladbar View Post
    North Carolina is hardly one of the reddest states in the nation. It went for Obama in 2008, Trump barely won it, and it has a Democratic governor. Mostly purple, maybe slightly red.
    Pretty much, I live in North Carolina in the Hope Mills / Fayetteville area near Fort Bragg.

This is an area that is only red through Gerrymandering. It is purple by popular vote but by will of the people, it is firmly blue. Overall, by popular vote it is actually purple with a slight blue edge but you can see the lengths they are going to keep democrat and minority voters away.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Pretty much, I live in North Carolina in the Hope Mills / Fayetteville area near Fort Bragg.

This is an area that is only red through Gerrymandering. It is purple by popular vote but by will of the people, it is firmly blue. Overall, by popular vote it is actually purple with a slight blue edge but you can see the lengths they are going to keep democrat and minority voters away.
    You basically just described the entire nation. About 35% of the population actually likes Trump, and yet somehow they are in charge, and we aren't even positive they are going to lose the upcoming elections. Because Republicans are extraordinarily effective at controlling votes they don't like. 65% vs. 35% is somehow a close race now, because thanks to the amount of gerrymandering and control they influence, the results come out looking like 50/50.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    You basically just described the entire nation. About 35% of the population actually likes Trump, and yet somehow they are in charge, and we aren't even positive they are going to lose the upcoming elections. Because Republicans are extraordinarily effective at controlling votes they don't like. 65% vs. 35% is somehow a close race now, because thanks to the amount of gerrymandering and control they influence, the results come out looking like 50/50.
    The fun of being a Virginian where the vast majority of the population live in NOVA or Norfolk areas while our state legislature is always so red because land > people and the urban areas get gerrymandered.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    It is a mixture. While the Republicans have horrible policies that don't actually reflect reality when you look at them, their voters are very reliable and believe in those things to the point they ignore reality to accept them.

Democrats on the other hand, they are trying to cozy up to many of the same donors and feel they have a captive audience because just how fucked up the Republicans are and think they don't have to try for them, much of their stuff tends to be "We aren't as bad as them" and while makes sure their voters aren't going to vote Republican, it also doesn't motivate them to come out to vote for them either.

If the Democrats come out and actually give their voters something to actually vote FOR instead of just something worse to vote against, they would dominate even with all the gerrymandering, but they refuse to do that thinking they have it because of shifting demographics and the other people being worse.

Also, if they wanted to fix much of this, they could outlaw gerrymandering, change elections into a ranked choice voting method removing spoiler votes and making 3rd parties viable and primaries pointless, move to public financing of elections and ban all outside contributions including from Unions, PACs, Corporations and even individuals, make it where once you are in government, you are banned from working in the private sector again for life while getting a pension for life, and ban you from holding any vested interests in a company as part of that. That would destroy the republican party for generations and whatever came out would be more representative of the people but they will never do that because they want that money too and the last thing they want is viable 3rd parties.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

It is a mixture. While the Republicans have horrible policies that don't actually reflect reality when you look at them, their voters are very reliable and believe in those things to the point they ignore reality to accept them.

Democrats on the other hand, they are trying to cozy up to many of the same donors and feel they have a captive audience because just how fucked up the Republicans are and think they don't have to try for them, much of their stuff tends to be "We aren't as bad as them" and while makes sure their voters aren't going to vote Republican, it also doesn't motivate them to come out to vote for them either.

If the Democrats come out and actually give their voters something to actually vote FOR instead of just something worse to vote against, they would dominate even with all the gerrymandering, but they refuse to do that thinking they have it because of shifting demographics and the other people being worse.

Also, if they wanted to fix much of this, they could outlaw gerrymandering, change elections into a ranked choice voting method removing spoiler votes and making 3rd parties viable and primaries pointless, move to public financing of elections and ban all outside contributions including from Unions, PACs, Corporations and even individuals, make it where once you are in government, you are banned from working in the private sector again for life while getting a pension for life, and ban you from holding any vested interests in a company as part of that. That would destroy the republican party for generations and whatever came out would be more representative of the people but they will never do that because they want that money too and the last thing they want is viable 3rd parties.
    There have been attempts to outlaw gerrymandering and Dems HAVE been trying to give something to vote for in recent years. The problem is we've started moving to a post truth society for a sizeable part of our population who place feels over facts, and state legislatures tend to be red in most states.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    There have been attempts to outlaw gerrymandering and Dems HAVE been trying to give something to vote for in recent years. The problem is we've started moving to a post truth society for a sizeable part of our population who place feels over facts, and state legislatures tend to be red in most states.
    If I see someone in my area running on outlawing gerrymandering, I would vote for them in a heartbeat.

But can definitely see the post-truth part, I have some family and friends who are Trump supporters and they fight tooth and nail to avoid accepting the truth on many issues because it doesn't support what they want. Anything that proves them wrong is fake and anything that supports them in legit no matter how absurd, insane and debunked it is.

Honestly, hoping this stuff doesn't get violent before the leaders start listening to the people. I know that is what Putin is wanting but it seems like the Republicans are willing to give it to him just so they can hold onto power a little longer. Also feels like they are trying to burn this nation down as much as possible to steal as much as they can for them and theirs on their way out to try and blame the next person who comes in and is stuck cleaning it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Honestly, it's more of an issue with users than subreddits. Get rid of a subreddit and the shitbirds find another place to roost.
    Actually, evidence suggests that the sub bans do work.

https://techcrunch.com/2017/09/11/st...tually-worked/

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...tions-agalarov

Evidently they might have evidence of money laundering after the famous Trump tower meeting. They are looking into it now.

Edit: None directly to Trump or his family but to the ones who helped setup the Tower meeting.
    Last edited by Fugus; 2018-09-13 at 02:48 AM.

There was an earlier claim circulating that Kavanaugh considers contraception "abortion-inducing drugs", which obviously upset many people. I don't hold Politifact in the highest regard, exactly, but I know many others do, so I'll provide it here.

False.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This means that if "only" a couple thousand people get killed by Florence this week, the administration's response is A++ doubleplusgood.

That's why you set the bar low. That way failure is victory.
    And we keep seeing ignorance is strength.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...tions-agalarov

Evidently they might have evidence of money laundering after the famous Trump tower meeting. They are looking into it now.

Edit: None directly to Trump or his family but to the ones who helped setup the Tower meeting.
    The closer they get to finances with anything dealing with Trump, his administration, his family, and his businesses the higher chance we have of finally getting rid of the bottom feeder.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Actually, evidence suggests that the sub bans do work.

https://techcrunch.com/2017/09/11/st...tually-worked/
    Because if you read some of these forums it's mostly people agreeing with each other and riling each other up, in other words circle jerking each other really.

These right-wingers may call themselves critical thinkers because they reject mainstream knowledge/media or whoever the enemy of the day is but in reality they are just being complete morons who have the intelligence empty ball.

This seems like the appropriate thread for this. Anybody still defending this pathetic excuse for a human is a pathetic excuse for a human.

https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/wa...19791?v=railb&