Hearing all this crazy stuff for 2 years makes me wonder how completely insane the stuff we DON'T hear about is.

Edit - Support for Trump impeachment higher than Trump approval rating: https://www.newsweek.com/support-don...w-poll-1300633
    Last edited by Pratt; 2019-01-22 at 10:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump says he told Sanders to basically stop talking to the press because she's being treated "very unfairly".

"It's like the press, the enemy of the people, the biased rigged Fake News media, are being rude," Trump said, "Plus I can lie to the people far easier than she can. Se, watch." Whipping out his insecure phone, Trump tweeted "I have built the MOST STABLE and MOST UNBREAKABLE White House ever in US history! JOBS!"

This is the longest Trump has gone without any form of press briefing. Yes, What She Meant Was is being paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump says he told Sanders to basically stop talking to the press because she's being treated "very unfairly".

"It's like the press, the enemy of the people, the biased rigged Fake News media, are being rude," Trump said, "Plus I can lie to the people far easier than she can. Se, watch." Whipping out his insecure phone, Trump tweeted "I have built the MOST STABLE and MOST UNBREAKABLE White House ever in US history! JOBS!"

This is the longest Trump has gone without any form of press briefing. Yes, What She Meant Was is being paid.
    He's right, she's being treated unfairly. She's being treated way better than she deserves. Anyone else would have been dragged out and trashed for the amount of lies she puts out.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...nding-to-go-to

Damn, so apparently Trump offered NASA a blank check if they'd get to Mars in his term, letting him claim credit.

Normally I'm down for increasing NASA funding, they do good work and we benefit greatly from a lot of the discoveries and intentional/unintentional innovations. But for a fucking forced vanity project like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    But for a fucking forced vanity project like this.
    "We were working on it, Mr. Trump. Then you shut down the government."

10+ Year Old Account

Damn, so apparently Trump offered NASA a blank check if they'd get to Mars in his term, letting him claim credit.

Normally I'm down for increasing NASA funding, they do good work and we benefit greatly from a lot of the discoveries and intentional/unintentional innovations. But for a fucking forced vanity project like this.
    Has anyone explained to him that it takes like 2-3 years to get a fucking unmanned probe to Mars? That's just after launch from Earth.

Hell, we've never sent a human being further than the Moon so sending someone to Mars would be a massive undertaking that, if it somehow occurred while he was president, wouldn't be until 2024 at the earliest with even the most optimistic timeline.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

He just wants a Trump Tower Mars instead of Trump Tower Moscow.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Has anyone explained to him that it takes like 2-3 years to get a fucking unmanned probe to Mars? That's just after launch from Earth.

Hell, we've never sent a human being further than the Moon so sending someone to Mars would be a massive undertaking that, if it somehow occurred while he was president, wouldn't be until 2024 at the earliest with even the most optimistic timeline.
    Probably. But he probably wasn't listening. Space flight is easy, it's so easy. Just look at Elon. He's going into space all the time and he does it cheap. I sat down with him for 5 minutes and learned everything there is to know about the space. The space is a very lucrative place for us and we should be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Would that be Mars-a-Lago?

Quote Originally Posted by some guy View Post
    Would that be Mars-a-Lago?
    Get out.

/10 char

Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    Get out.

/10 char
    I did feel bad when I typed it. Does that count for anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by some guy View Post
    I did feel bad when I typed it. Does that count for anything?
    yes, we wont release the hounds after your past the door

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    yes, we wont release the hounds after your past the door
    Their names are Phobos and Deimos.

Remember how Trump keeps saying that the shutdown is, "mainly impacting Democrats", as if it's somehow alright if Americans suffer as long as they're Democrats?

Welp, at least following a 2015 survey by the Government Business Council, the split is pretty even.

https://www.govexec.com/oversight/20...-think/119138/

44% Democrat leaning
    40% Republican leaning
    16% No response

I'd be curious to see if and how this has changed in recent years, but it sure sounds like Trump is harming both Democratic and Republican employees pretty equally, and even those that don't affiliate with either party.

Remember how Trump keeps saying that the shutdown is, "mainly impacting Democrats", as if it's somehow alright if Americans suffer as long as they're Democrats?

Welp, at least following a 2015 survey by the Government Business Council, the split is pretty even.

44% Democrat leaning
    40% Republican leaning
    16% No response

I'd be curious to see if and how this has changed in recent years, but it sure sounds like Trump is harming both Democratic and Republican employees pretty equally, and even those that don't affiliate with either party.
    Regardless, its pretty disgusting to even mention political affiliation. 800k workers are struggling to make ends meet to various degrees, these are people with familieis and its sad that they get reduced to a Rep / Dem badge. This is in America for God's sake, not Somalia or some other 3rd world shit hole that doesn't have a properly functioning government.

On top of this, its affecting everybody, people that queue through security at airports, law enforcement, tourism, you name it. I get that shutdowns make a political point but at some stage they start doing genuine harm. And at some point that harm becomes hard to reverse, people quit and move to the private sector etc.

Having said all that, I believe the wall is a racist monument so on principle I'm pleased that the Dem's are digging their heels in, you should never compromise on principles, especially with Trump or he'll just throw a shitfit everytime to get his way.

44% Democrat leaning
    40% Republican leaning
    16% No response

Likely the breakdown has not changed much. From my limited experience, the split probably varies widely depending on the branch of government office. CBP, ICE, Border Patrol and prison guards likely lean Republican. On the other NASA, Army Corps of Engineer, RWQCB, EPA and Forest Service lean heavily Democrats.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Can we just throw him out onto the surface like in Total Recall?

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember how Trump keeps saying that the shutdown is, "mainly impacting Democrats"
    No.

Because half the time, they're Great Patriots! fighting the good fight for the Wall they want so badly.

Trump says a lot of things that aren't true, including things that contradict other things he says.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump prepares two different State of the Union addresses.

One traditional one for Congress. Another one for a campaign rally.

Yes, like I was wondering before, Trump will give his second, "alternative State of the Union" to a crowd trained to smile and clap their hands while ignoring the numerous falsehoods sure to be in it. Just wait, it'll be fact-checked and far less honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Regardless, its pretty disgusting to even mention political affiliation. 800k workers are struggling to make ends meet to various degrees, these are people with familieis and its sad that they get reduced to a Rep / Dem badge. This is in America for God's sake, not Somalia or some other 3rd world shit hole that doesn't have a properly functioning government.
    Dissing trump while spewing out one of trumps classic hits.

Stay classy america. You brought this problem on yourselves.

How the fuck do you follow Obama with a slow Orangutan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    At this point it's pretty well documented that Trump only gives a damn about people who kiss his wrinkled orange ass. If you don't declare undying loyalty to his magnificence, he loathes you.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers