Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Law View Post
    Limited character slots. I'd play a whole lot if I could create more alts.
    One of the traps of the system, the up hill battle. If you had more slots, you'd play more, but if you played more you'd have more slots. Gold to gems conversion, buying character slots when they're on sale, I've got 2-3 of every class without ever paying $ for it, unless you count that time they gave a slot for people around the F2P conversion, I forget the details of that, so it might count as me having paid money.

They limited the initial allotment to 5, basically one per race, which is odd. It's not insurmountable by any means though.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

The disconnects and dropped packets on Anet's servers. There's a sweeping issue going on with Gw2 right now that hundreds of people are reporting across different threads and on reddit. I've monitored my own line to make sure it's not me, it's not. A lot of people are unable to stay connected to the servers and it's been that way for months. No word from Anet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forteofgray View Post
    The disconnects and dropped packets on Anet's servers. There's a sweeping issue going on with Gw2 right now that hundreds of people are reporting across different threads and on reddit. I've monitored my own line to make sure it's not me, it's not. A lot of people are unable to stay connected to the servers and it's been that way for months. No word from Anet.
    That's more of a routing/current state of the internet than a game issue. Easily confirmed by the location and ISPs of people experiencing lag.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I played before Heart of Thorns and I returned for the last Month.

I hate Maguuma Jungle but I recognize the game is successful of bringing a good payoff for the effort you put in doing some content. With gliding and mounts, Iam enjoying a lot of exploring (because there are prizes for exploring and I want to get the ingredient for the legendary weapon).

I like a lot the many events of the different expansions are quite relevant to get items and materials. I have to travel to multiple places of the world to participate in events.

I like how the dynamic quests led you to big events where raids of people unite for a World Boss.

I feel like 5 characters slots is enough for me because there is a lot to do in each one.

The problem is there are many systems guild challenges, housing, strikes, fractals, raids, events, pvp, achievements, masteries, forging, etc. that there are many aspects of the game that you miss and it improves a lot your game.

I don't understand anything in the game anymore (not played for 3 years). I don't for the life of me understand why there are still a really small number of character slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavens Night View Post
    I don't understand anything in the game anymore (not played for 3 years). I don't for the life of me understand why there are still a really small number of character slots.
    Oh cmon... it's not my favorite mmo, but even you can find that answer. Cause it's a free to play game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dire View Post
    The fact that it sucks.
    It is with much pain that i somewhat agree.

The maps they make are amazing. The story has some pretty cool moments too.
    They make good content, but their mmo sucks imo. The whole way the game works. The class design without trinity, the fractal with agony resistance mechanic, the raids without better gear, the inventory limitations plus the plethora of trash items you must carry, the empty maps, the never ending collect-a-tons.
    The story has become formulaic as well. End of dragons is an xpac title for good reason.

I can't tell where GW2 is going. I loved GW1 but 2 has been a pain. I stuck with it cause i still love the world, but i am at the end of my wits. I dunno if i cba getting the xpac, even though i love Cantha. I know what they are gonna do because it's what they done with Tyria and Elona.
    They will change the zones with some big crisis, have some trains and then everything will be empty once it's not current.
    All this content, but nothing worth doing imo.

I really want a GW3 with better systems so all this work they put making maps isn't wasted. They do good work, but the framework just isn't there.

But, fair enough. I know some people love it. It just doesn't work for me and my time is already split between wow, ffxiv and swtor. I keep looking at GW2 and pondering if i should just give it up and delete it.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-10-03 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Oh cmon... it's not my favorite mmo, but even you can find that answer. Cause it's a free to play game.

- - - Updated - - -

Completely ridiculous assumption. It wasn't free, I paid for it 8 years ago.

Also it kinda sucks, which is why I stopped playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavens Night View Post
    Completely ridiculous assumption. It wasn't free, I paid for it 8 years ago.

Also it kinda sucks, which is why I stopped playing it.
    Are you being like that purposely? The game doesn't have a sub. It launches new expansions very rarely and cost 30 euros. Most of the game is free now. They sell slots cause they need to make money yeah? You think that living world content comes without having to pay employees? Just like the cosmetics, the inventory expansions, the unbreakable items, etc. They are how they make money.

If you were paying a sub i would agree, but you're not. Also, i don't like their model either. But, it is obvious this is the reason why. There is nothing ridiculous about it.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-10-03 at 05:27 PM.

I put about 540 hours into it this year during lockdown.
    The game is great, the pvp is fantastic, the world content is 2nd to none. Fractals imo are better than for example the dungeons in BFA (not Legion though) The raids are good although I havent touched them too much and they are added pretty rarely.

Gw2 is imo the next best mmo after WoW. I don't play it all the time and haven't in about a month but damn is it a fun game to jump in and out of.

Right now what is keeping me from playing is simply, other games.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

I haven't played in a long while. A few nitpicks:

Combat doesn't feel like it has 'meat' to it for a lot of classes. I know this is a vague description, but in most cases attacks just don't feel all that enjoyable, although they are excellent looking.

Group content is mandatory in many areas, which means that at certain times per day you simply aren't going to get anything done.

An overabundance of currency variations to manage. Not a bad thing per se, but it does tend to become a bit much after a while.

Time limited living world seasons are not appealing. Perhaps if I played more this would be a non issue.

The game is fun to pick up now and then, and the environmental design of most of the game is pretty damn brilliant (especially everything related to Heart of Thorns).

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    If GW2 got a graphics overhaul like PSO2 is now, then I would definitely come back to the game, the textures on buildings and character models are so bad and outdated imo.

I have no clue if this ever changed, but the lack of meaningful PvE group gear progression.

I'd also be concerned about it being a dead game, although i'm not entirely sure it is.

Id love to come back but my account was hacked and locked. I tried resetting the password but it said my account was temporarily closed. It never opened. I don't care enough to bother to put in work to get it back.
    :::: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d w/ NZXT Kraken Elite 240
    :::: MSI Meg X670E Tomahawk
    :::: 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 6000mt/s CL36 DDR5
    :::: Samsung 512gb 960 PRO m.2 nvme ssd (OS), Samsung 1TB 950 EVO ssd
    :::: Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
    :::: Windows 11 Pro

the game is doo doo is the reason. I don't like horizontal progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried it again a few weeks ago. I just don't like the weapon locked abilities and general rollercoaster of what kind of weapon types are best for a while. It turns me off using scepters or torches.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Tried to come back multiple times.

Horrid community who defend it nonstop if you criticize it on reddit or the forums, progression gets boring after you've geared, PvE is just running from spot to spot for events or mindlessly dodging in fractals, PvP is alright but World vs World is just "follow the commander" half the time and the games been kind of stale since late Heart of Thorns personally. Feels like Arenanet don't know what direction they want to go in sometimes.

Also performance is ass because it uses a DX9 client in 2020 and the only way to get acceptable performance is with an unofficial method that changes DX9 calls to DX12. This should 100% have a DX11 client especially in 2020. No excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    I have no clue if this ever changed, but the lack of meaningful PvE group gear progression.

I'd also be concerned about it being a dead game, although i'm not entirely sure it is.
    I just got off a rather long GW2 bender, and it's not dead, that much I can say. How much of it is due to Covid is difficult to say though.

I played the game for awhile on launch and I loved the game world design and the events occurring. The reason I quit playing and never returned was the class design just wasn't as fun. I realized I preferred WoW's combat system and class design by far. Ironically, WoW has shit on their class design since then, but most MMORPGs are trying the action combat stuff and I prefer the older tab target combat or whatever you want to call it.

5+ Year Old Account
    I never tried GW2, so the things I know might be wrong as well.

- I need non consensual, non organized world PvP like in WoW
    - I only tried GW1 when it released, played it for 30 minutes until I hit an invisible wall in front of a lake (you couldn't go into water?). Inacceptable. Uninstalled it and never looked at it again. Is this still a thing in GW2?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XMD7007 View Post
    I never tried GW2, so the things I know might be wrong as well.

- I need non consensual, non organized world PvP like in WoW
    - I only tried GW1 when it released, played it for 30 minutes until I hit an invisible wall in front of a lake (you couldn't go into water?). Inacceptable. Uninstalled it and never looked at it again. Is this still a thing in GW2?
    GW2 is free. Try it. If you don't like it cost you nothing.

GW2 doesn't have global pvp but it does have RvR style open pvp.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2020-10-17 at 09:28 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive