Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So seems like Highlord is the way to go now ?

Been a few weeks that i stop raiding with my ret pala. Highlord's is the last lego i can get as ret, and i saw this https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...ec=Retribution
    So cape and ring are BIS now ? Didnt noticed that...

Deleted
    Pretty close in sims pretty solid in high parsing. These 2 are different points

Cape and Highlord sim highest for me over Belt and Liadrin, or any other combo of the four, by about 12k. YMMV.

EDIT: I should also say that I personally like the gameplay feel of Divine Purpose, and having it along with Crusade makes combat more enjoyable for me.
    Last edited by Gloriandus; 2017-10-01 at 02:03 PM.

Deleted
    Yup, and i'm really happy about that because it makes the spec alot more fun to play.

Deleted
    Understandably so...
    If RNG gods are on your side it can result in long chains of finishers, but if not it can also result in you not getting a proc at all...
    You can most probably imagine on which side of the spectrum these top logs are.

Yep same here, but I have Liadrin, Cape and Highlord. Cape + Highlord, seems to do more dps than Cape + Liadrin. Maybe because Liadrin only shines while Crusade, whereas Highlord is for the entire fight.

Deleted
    leggos keep changing based on your stats and gear, you should always sim your gear to find the optimal combo

Quote Originally Posted by Grevius View Post
    leggos keep changing based on your stats and gear, you should always sim your gear to find the optimal combo
    that's the frustrating part to me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grevius View Post
    and fight length and type

15+ Year Old Account
    good thing neither of those have dropped for me yet...

The reason you're seeing the huge increase in highlord rings is because the current exploit with snapshotting belt and highlord ring which is acting like 2 crusades are up at the same time.

Deleted
    How this exploit works exactly?

Deleted
    Funny fact although its reported as fixed no one describes how it used to work. Reckon Yu poped crusade before engaging with waist on and then swapped waist with something else ... Not sure though haven't tried it will give this theory a go once able to log.

- - - Updated - - -

Although seeing these 6m bursts means that they may swapped waist a couple of times before engaging ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Still hoping to get Highlord, it's like the perfect leggo for someone like me who mostly does lower tier and solo stuff.
    But with only 4 leggos currently, there too many shit ones that could still drop for me

I personally use highlord/waist, but keep in mind that it's not a consistent choice. E.g. the top logs have/will increasingly be skewed in favour of rng-reliant legendaries (such as highlord) because there is a larger sample size of people clearing and potentially getting good procs. It doesn't sim the highest for me, but it has a higher potential threshold if the procs are good, and it makes the play style more fun and engaging.
    Wouldn't recommend it on prog though, especially fights like mistress where dank p1 parses can mean a wipe for many guilds, or fights where the team has factored your big cleave into the strat (and then might get no procs).

Quote Originally Posted by Maduk View Post
    Still hoping to get Highlord, it's like the perfect leggo for someone like me who mostly does lower tier and solo stuff.
    But with only 4 leggos currently, there too many shit ones that could still drop for me
    I know how you feel, I have 8 legendaries and I still don't have the cape or either ring. I do have the belt tho

soul+whisper are good for peak parses, which is why you'll generally see them at the top now that more people are more likely to have the combo.

Deleted
    Since i rarely use Liadrin's now (cba with one more bar to track hopo generation and with current tier set it is easy to cap - this could as well change with tier 21) and belt combos sim like 1-2% more than cloak combos i went down the road of cloak. (numerous reasons one doesnt want to bet everything on crusade: fight duration, movement, ret passive proccs outside crusade to name a few) and although i love sephuz , highlord gives a better gameplay and a more rewarding feeling when u can get a couple of spells in to build hopo or renew judge debuff while having a finisher ready to keep your cloak buff running if that makes any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    Funny fact although its reported as fixed no one describes how it used to work. Reckon Yu poped crusade before engaging with waist on and then swapped waist with something else ... Not sure though haven't tried it will give this theory a go once able to log.

- - - Updated - - -

Although seeing these 6m bursts means that they may swapped waist a couple of times before engaging ...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    When Chain of Thrayn is unequipped, it cancels any active Avenging Wrath or Crusade.
    Guess that answers somewhat.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...xes-october-4/

Well thanks guys. But what i would really love it, is using belt and highlord's. Without simming, can u guys say how it works ? Which one is better ? i Dont like the gameplay with whispers, belt and ring would be more fun to use.