View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    How is the EU trying to hurt the UK? Do you have an example?
    At this point no deal with the EU is better than what they want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    That'd be a no then: No, you do not have an example, you're just talking out of your ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    16/10/17

"Brexit negotiations should accelerate, say May and Juncker"

"The working dinner took place in a constructive and friendly atmosphere."

Good, good. Nothing to worry about.

The dude on the left looks a bit scary though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    The dude on the left looks a bit scary though.
    Nah, he's thinking what I'm thinking. "Get out already you c__t."

15+ Year Old Account
    So you have no example, well what a surprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Nah, he's thinking what I'm thinking. "Get out already you c__t."
    Yes, which illustrates nicely exactly the sort of constructive atmosphere I'm sure these talks are being conducted in.

But can the UK blame them? It really is a complete fucking mess.

Well the EU has to try and hurt the UK, after all they don't want to make leaving seem easy, simple or amicable. Other countries might start looking for greener pastures.
    That's not the intention of the EU. The EU is trying to hammer out a decent deal that accommodates the wishes of its member states. Nothing more. No punishment involved whatsoever. But certainly also nothing less, this is a clean slate situation that they want to achieve here. And once that's done and a new relationship is formed, it will be formed with the usual intentions of the EU, maximum profit for the EU. That's the whole point of the EU in trade talks. It's what we do to everyone else. The UK wants to be treated like a third party country? They should not complain if they're then actually treated like a third party country.

Or did anyone else think the EU would continue blowing up fairy dust up the UK's arse once they flipped us the bird? LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

At this point, you should probably stop talking, since you clearly don't understand anything about the matter.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I'm sure you analysed every detail of a no deal and current deal scenario to come to this well-thought conclusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Best thing we can do then is scrap this idiotic brexit nonsense. Brexit, voted for by halfwits beneficial to no one.
    So... decision of the halfwits, by the halfwits, for the halfwits?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    There's a perfectly simple (and true) explanation. Eurozone officials anonymously brief media that Greece produced nothing, and you bought the lies like a good little gullible dupe.

Varoufakis resigned. He didn't get sacked. In fact, Tsipras asked him to stay on. Stop lying and go educate yourself about these events before you embarrass yourself further.

Nope. You totally made that up with zero proof to cover up for your embarrassment over being called out for your lies. Produce the proof. Put up or shut up.

You did not know these documents existed. I know this for a fact because you claimed Varoufakis produced nothing, and when I called you out, you immediately changed your story to the lie above.

Projection.

Nope. Another lie that you've completely made up and that you can't back up. Produce the quote. Put up or shut up.

The cluelessness, the lies, the gullibility, all wrapped up in a total arrogance that's backed up by zero evidence. You can't produce. This is really embarrassing for you. You should apologize for misleading readers with these lies.
    He "resigned" because the party asked him to resign. Yeah politics, still sacked in my book.

Also if you wish to take the higher ground here, stop being arrogant yourself, stop speaking without any citations claiming to know the truth and speak the truth without any and all backing.

You had one source the whole time, his self preaching blog site. You keep putting words in my mouth simply to have something to counter you argue like a toddler. Same with the whole "you didn't even those things existed" do i really need to go back and point out that quote that i said he delivered them too late? ergo, me acknowledging they had plans. If you weren't this intentionally dishonest i would have even taken the effort to point out the big ass problems with his "idea", if you can't even look past the big major issue with the entire principal of his plans that being that there should not have been major cut backs and that the EU will still keep them going forward at full speed towards the ravine they were heading.

You are free to believe what you want, at the end of the day Greece their incompetence has shown more than enough, Greeks their own lack of pride and support of the government dug that hole for them. If Greece and the greeks want to continue to blame the whole world for the own crap they took on their once prideful nation they are free to do so, but nobody who matters will believe their nonsense and at the end of the day they will comply as they have shown to not been able to produce any person courageous and intelligent enough to handle their own mess.

And one more final time, If the EU is the big bad wolf, explain PORTUGAL debt crisis and their own solution and it being approved by the EU. You can't and that's where your entire scapegoating falls flat.

In any case this back and forward has been repeating the same things over and over, what for me is boring. Feel free to repeat the samething you said before i'm not going to bother to respond or even read it anyway, have fun

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Best thing we can do then is scrap this idiotic brexit nonsense. Brexit, voted for by halfwits beneficial to no one.
    can't be done.

article 50 has been triggered in march this year, the point of no return has passed.
    For better or worse, brexit is happening. And i don't think the UK will be back in the EU anytime soon if ever, the UK has demonstrated to be unreliable and untrustworthy parter with this vote, the EU will not accept it back before a long time.

article 50 has been triggered in march this year, the point of no return has passed
    This doesnt seem to be true. The UK can reverse their decision until the 2 years are over or the negotiations end in an agreement. At that point the decision is final and they could only reapply through article 49.

Not that I think that May will do that.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

7+ Year Old Account
    As far as I understand it’s very much still a gray area. Some say no it is not revocable, I think this is the government stance, while others say yes it is revocable if all member states can come to an agreement to make it so. The best outcome of this whole debacle would be to revoke art 50, but its all academic anyway as I don’t see any British government attempting to reverse brexit.
    If the EU fail to give a transitional deal on UK terms, the UK could revoke article 50 then a week later serve it again to restart the 2 year clock, ad infinitum virtually.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    If the EU fail to give a transitional deal on UK terms, the UK could revoke article 50 then a week later serve it again to restart the 2 year clock, ad infinitum virtually.
    Jesus christ, I just had to stop lurking just to tell you how utterly wrong you are.

whereas a revocation of notification needs to be subject to conditions set by all EU-27, so that it cannot be used as a procedural device or abused in an attempt to improve on the current terms of the United Kingdom’s membership;
    Since I am not allowed to post links yet, if you want proof go google it.
    But I guess this is actually nothing new as it has been said already, so if you'll excuse me I'll go back lurking.
    Last edited by mmoc8159649d59; 2017-10-17 at 06:59 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenreyr View Post
    Jesus christ, I just had to stop lurking just to tell you how utterly wrong you are.

Since I am not allowed to post links yet, if you want proof go google it.
    But I guess this is actually nothing new as it has been said already, so if you'll excuse me I'll go back lurking.
    I hate to break it to you, but dribbles lives in an alternate reality where the UK gets everything they want and have all the cards in hand anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    which is a massive bad idea in the history of bad idea.

What's killing UK economy is the incertitude. Not knowing how will the future trade agreement between UK and EU affect their revenue, large company can't make long term prediction and withhold their investment. But they can't withhold for long, if the incertitude is prolonged 2 more year, without any guaranty, they will just bail to a more stable environment.

What you propose is 100% leading to UK recession and large company leaving the sinking boat.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is that he wasn't being entirely serious. But it's just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    My guess is that he wasn't being entirely serious. But it's just a guess.
    He was just as serious as with any other post of his, they're all like that.
    Thus I won't be the one to call him is serious or not, because that would be against the forum rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh... I'll await my infraction then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    You really live up to your username... no they can't.
    Whether they can or can't is debated. Various experts have differing opinions on whether the invocation of article 50 can be unilaterally cancelled or whether it requires permission from all the EU nations. The official EU line says the latter, the guy who wrote the thing thinks its the former, etc.

If they do come to their senses and try to cancel (without the idiot's idea of a scheme), it's going to be going to court.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And if they don't they will declare war!
    Just delusions of an Empire long gone, that is.

Unless the plan is to get the US in on it somehow, their armed forces is nowhere near geared towards fighting a European land war.