View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Which episode was it?
    The first time Boris Johnson hosted. Was arguably the best episode ever, so popular they released an extended version on DvD.

This was years before he became Mayor of London, airdate was the 29/11/02.

It was the beginning of what became his public personna that was popular.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Tbh, the UK has done far worse in its history to be embarassed about than the last three years.
    Every country has. We're just outraged because such things didn't happen in our childhood. Sometimes I wonder if history books in 200 years will go in detail about this or if students will merely read a one liner going "And the UK left the EU."

I mean, we know Trump won't be talked about much at all, for lack of permanent political accomplishments of any sort.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean it is Parliament's job now to hold him accountable with a Vote of No Confidence.
    Ah, but you see the problem with that, as sensible as it sounds, is that parliament cannot put its differences aside and, perhaps most importantly, if a VONC resulted in a GE they aren't sure that'll they'll win.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Every country has. We're just outraged because such things didn't happen in our childhood. Sometimes I wonder if history books in 200 years will go in detail about this or if students will merely read a one liner going "And the UK left the EU."

I mean, we know Trump won't be talked about much at all, for lack of permanent political accomplishments of any sort.
    Probly end up being a small paragraph along with the rest of everything from the end of the cold war to now. Sandwiched between the cold war chapter and the 3 chapters on calamitous 2nd emu war that ended with a century reign of emus dominating mankind. Historians will look back at how foolish we were not to see the growing threat in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Ah, but you see the problem with that, as sensible as it sounds, is that parliament cannot put its differences aside and, perhaps most importantly, if a VONC resulted in a GE they aren't sure that'll they'll win.
    Was about to say that, I'm not nieve enough to belive that there rejecting a GE befor the poroguing was entirly about waiting for the so called surrender bill to get assent. And bojo asking for it wasn't some off the cuff statergy to paint the opposition as cowards.

It was in my view alot based of posturing based on the polls https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics...18-sept-update

Bojo has managed to recapture alot of BXP vote, where as Labour has been on a steady downward trend for 2 years and is level pegging with the libdems for the ladt few months mostly.

EDIT: and corbyns back at it again with his unclear mixed messages. Spend the whole party conference stating he wants a general election, demanding a general election. The as soon as Parliament is back he goes on a radio interview to say he will resist and election until "no deal is off the table"........ The best way to get no deal off the table is to take it of the table them selves or let the lib dems do it. All he's doing now is sabotaging labour.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2019-09-25 at 09:10 AM.

That is yet to be decided in World War 4. Those Giraffes are the nazis of the animal kingdom. To them, EVERYONE is beneath them.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Seriously, imagine if Angus Deayton hadn't been caught snorting cocaine off a hooker's backside, this may never have happened.

And that is a reference that most people outside of the UK (and those inside it who arent old enough to remember) won't understand.
    Literally, this is the most pertinent comment about BJ's rise to premiership I have ever read.

He'd still be a backbencher (or doing something else) if it hadn't been for HIGNFY.

That said, you'd expect the demographic who watch the show to be broadly critical of him.

This is the irony; pretty much every demographic (B, C1, C2, D, E) hates him other than the tiny minority (grade A, upper middle class, Little Englander, Brexiteers) who ensured he was elected.

touché

Cutting through my hyperbole like a hot knife through butter.

It is very interesting... he even has a 27% positive rating with Millennials.

33% - "Boris Johnson is the most popular Conservative politician"

What a hilarious blurb lol.

Christ, he's 10% less popular than Trump, who's the least popular US President in modern history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

That's more telling of how obsessed the people in the US are with their Presidents. Prime Ministers are seen as far more disposable. BoJo's popularity is very decent given the circumstances.
    Are you kidding? 33% positive, 48% negative?

I mean if said circumstances are "given he's politically moribund" then I guess lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Literally, this is the most pertinent comment about BJ's rise to premiership I have ever read.

He'd still be a backbencher (or doing something else) if it hadn't been for HIGNFY.

That said, you'd expect the demographic who watch the show to be broadly critical of him.

This is the irony; pretty much every demographic (B, C1, C2, D, E) hates him other than the tiny minority (grade A, upper middle class, Little Englander, Brexiteers) who ensured he was elected.
    It's easy to forget but bojo was a refreshing change of pace in politics at one time, a Conservative but alot more Liberal leaning than most, broke the whip to support a number of left leaning policy's as a back bencher, a known soft tory. He was rather popular in his run to being and for most of his time as london mayor.

It's only tbh the period during and after the brexit vote where he seems to have finally lost his last bit of sanity. But if his brother is to be believed his pro brexit, pro no deal stance is entirly for career aspersions, which.... Did work in a way he did make PM when at one time he was slated to be a life long back bench MP of no relevance except to look like a fool abroad now and then.

My ire and want to see him go is entirly over the brexit question, other wise I'd be happy to let him try to put his money where his mouth is on the investment promises for the north.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    corbyn is labor leader because the cons had in fighting in 1974?....
    and the cons beat labor purely because of the financial crisis caused by US republicans?
    yea..... totally nothing at all to do with the state of the deficit, the several years of grinding war in the middle east that no one wanted to be apart of, and the still yet to be found mythical weapons of mass destruction.

and the war crimes cant forget the war crimes.
    Let's remind you of what you wrote:
    the thing preventing a progressive government in the UK is the 1970's cold war relic labour keep parking in front of the dispatch box.
    You anti-Labour mental gymnastics are clearly confusing you.

Btw anyone thinks it's likely that parliament may try to circumvent BoJo and simply have a civic official send the letter requesting an extension to the EU?
    Nah. The law states it needs to be bojo. Both because that's what the bill states and also for the extension to be legit it has to come from the PM or a minister with the PMs authorisation.

End of the day for all the turmoil and legal battles between goverment and Parliament, Parliament still isn't the goverment.

10+ Year Old Account
    The UK leaving the EU will have significant consequences in the financial future of the country tbh. And it may (and probably should) have consequences on the political structure. I think the need for a written constitution will become a common political point for the future in the UK.
    What's with the obsession with a written constitution? Not having a written one doesn't mean it doesn't exist, because it exists through conventions, procedures, laws, and precedents. That allows it to be flexible and exist to uphold the spirit of the law without being breached through technicalities as Boris attempted; which could then only be amended long after the fact in a written constitution.

My understanding is that he has been part of fomenting the current dislike or outright hatred of the EU in his role as a journalist for well before the Brexit campaign.
    Oh yea he has always played with the eurosceptics, but his brother and a few of his know freinds have stated in the past that he's not really bothered either way personally on the issue, the brexit vote was just an opening for him to take Center stage in the Conservative party and topple alot of the remain members that stood between him and the top jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Let's remind you of what you wrote:

You anti-Labour mental gymnastics are clearly confusing you.
    That still dosnt make any sense.

How does conservative in fighting in 1974 have any baring on the decrepit grandpa Labour keep propping up every Wednesday on there front benches today.

I'm starting to wonder if the rumours are true and your corbynites really are stuck in the past.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would anyone give a crap what he cares for personally? His ACTIONS have been against the EU and have facilitated Brexit long before the referendum campaign, that's the prescient point
    Well yea, and that's why I dislike him and want home gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Are you kidding? 33% positive, 48% negative?

I mean if said circumstances are "given he's politically moribund" then I guess lol.
    Priministers are alot more disposable though and Alot less powerful than presidents.

A bit less disposable since the fix term parliaments act.

15+ Year Old Account
    So the company i work for would be less profitable in the UK than in America or the EU.

Our clients would have to pay more than the equivilant from the eu and us

And your answer is start a tariff war? That will ultimately make us even less competitive!

And all the while I still can't choose to do 60hrs of work for 60hrs of pay, because aparantly according to labour I nolonger have the right over my own fucking means of production.

The goverment shouldn't be dictating to me how long I can and cannot work for, and if they do I will have to move or work for cash under the table which is a sad state of affairs.
    That's one of the major problems with Brexit, there are no WTO rules for services because they aren't covered under WTO. Your company can't provide services to the EU unless they are headquartered within the EU.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    That's one of the major problems with Brexit, there are no WTO rules for services because they aren't covered under WTO. Your company can't provide services to the EU unless they are headquartered within the EU.
    Yep. Brexit is a cluster fuck enough for me atm. Add on labour's policy and living and working in the UK just won't be in my best interest for my future career and financial growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    Whoop, Found a way to stay in my new country will only cost me £1000 a year but thats fine I need to get back out of England I really hate being here.
    How?

Also I just realised youre avatar is a cartoon woman (from space jam I think) for all this time because I'm in my phone, I thought it was a picture of some form of ham.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yep. Brexit is a cluster fuck enough for me atm. Add on labour's policy and living and working in the UK just won't be in my best interest for my future career and financial growth.
    How so? I mean I get the living and working in the UK part but not the labour's policy part. You wouldn't be competing with services from other countries unless the UK makes deals that include them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.