View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    What about the millions of people who want to remain? What do we do about those?
    Unfortunate for them that their country would self sabotage the way they are about to, but look at it from European perspective. The UK is the most anti-EU country currently in the Union. It has the most dissenters, their representation in the EU is a farce, their media shits on the EU daily and a whole lot of their politicians are against the EU too.

They are actively sabotaging the most peaceful and prosperous era in the history of this continent. The EU depends on all member states being all in on the project. If by some miracle the UK manages to not leave, a huge part of the mass media and nearly half the population will still be against the EU, and that's not going to magically change just because the country got saved in the last moment.

The cat is already out of the bag and consequences must be met. Leaving is the only way for the UK to fix their identity crisis. They can reapply to join again once that's done. I'm sure the EU won't turn them down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    There is no mention of facial recognition in the UK proposal.
    I haven't read the whole thing, can you share the information on all the technology they're using, I'd be interested in seeing how the first ever EU/non-eu border without proper checks is going to be done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I haven't read the whole thing, can you share the information on all the technology they're using, I'd be interested in seeing how the first ever EU/non-eu border without proper checks is going to be done.
    Haven’t Junker and Verhofstadt been asking this for 3 years?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    They only see us as "Traitors" at this point and I don't think they'd have second thought's about gassing us or lining us up against the wall and shooting us.

Maybe I won’t bother coming back from Iceland in November then.

Er? Why don't you read it yourself (it's easy enough to find on the government website)?

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/MichelBarnier/st...88395754733568

Michel Barnier @MichelBarnier
    "I updated @Europarl_EN & EU27 on #UK’s proposals. EU wants a Withdrawal Agreement w/ workable and effective solutions that create legal and practical certainty now. We owe this to peace & stability on the island of Ireland. We must protect consumers & businesses in the EU market."

so the deal is dead already, unless Boris will do homeworks and presto

Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    Sadly from some of the comments I've seen in Brexiteer forums these guys are quite extreme and talk about offing their own families that have shunned them over this referendum.
    And yet somehow we're supposed to take the higher ground and be nice to these people. After years of holding our hands out, offering facts only for it to be slapped away with a second slap in the face. (Or if you're not a pure blood add verbal attacks based on your ethnic backgrounds.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Er? Why don't you read it yourself (it's easy enough to find on the government website)?
    Er, I only asked for a quick quote. I went and read the explanatory note and I can't find any specifics on technology. Which bit were you referencing when you said they are not using facial recognition technology, cos I've looked on the website and I can't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    300 miles and ~270 crossings. have fun to place obstacles to narrow it down and then police the queues.

and for policing the border this gem:

"Northern Ireland’s chief constable, Simon Byrne, has said that his officers will not staff any form of border security after Brexit."

nu nu..... open border because nobody is there to control ? ok, works too ...
    The British army couldn't do it well enough to stop a flood of arms from caches in the Republic into NI during the troubles. Trying to close a non natural boarder, as in one that dosnt follow mountains and rivers and such, natural barriers, is a futile task.

Er, I only asked for a quick quote. I went and read the explanatory note and I can't find any specifics on technology. Which bit were you referencing when you said they are not using facial recognition technology, cos I've looked on the website and I can't see it.
    You claimed that facial recognition was the "stuff that is meant to take the place of a hard border according to that idiot Boris." to which I pointed out that there was no mention of facial recognition (why would there be when the proposal is do with the handling of goods and recognition of standards and most crossings will be by people in vehicles?) and now you're asking me to point out specifics on the proposed technology where facial recognition is not mentioned because you cannot find it?!?

10+ Year Old Account
    You claimed that facial recognition was the "stuff that is meant to take the place of a hard border according to that idiot Boris." to which I pointed out that there was no mention of facial recognition (why would there be when the proposal is do with the handling of goods and recognition of standards and most crossings will be by people in vehicles?) and now you're asking me to point out specifics on the proposed technology where facial recognition is not mentioned because you cannot find it?!?
    I don't actually know what your point is. Had I mentioned the proposal I guess you'd have a point, but border control is about movement of people as well, I never even brought up the proposal at any point so why on earth are you quoting me and bringing it up? I thought you'd read somewhere the kind of technology they are using instead of just randomly telling me 1 7 page proposal doesn't mention everything they're going to use like it means something.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Deport us to the EU.
    Germany, Denmark, Netherlands or Austria please.

I don't actually know what your point is. Had I mentioned the proposal I guess you'd have a point, but border control is about movement of people as well, I never even brought up the proposal at any point so why on earth are you quoting me and bringing it up? I thought you'd read somewhere the kind of technology they are using instead of just randomly telling me 1 7 page proposal doesn't mention everything they're going to use like it means something.
    I would have thought it was obvious. You claimed that facial recognition would be used as a replacement for a hard border - this is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Transworth View Post
    Untrue, the Greeks have a significantly less favourable view of the EU.

I think you are kidding yourself if you think that opposition to the EU is limited to the UK. Anti-establishment parties have been growing in popularity all over Europe, and continental eurosceptics are a lot more aggressive than the village idiot Farage/Johnson types we have here. You need a vast amount of reform to convince people the EU acts in the interests of working people.
    I've been all over Europe and I currently live really close to Greece and have close friends living in Greece. I've never been to a country that is even remotely close to hating the EU as much as the brits do. Greece least of all. That country lived on EU welfare for decades, there is no chance in hell they are ever voting to leave.

There's a lot of conservative parties in Europe. There are even a lot of pro-russian minded parties and people in eastern Europe, but even the most hardcore russian supporters acknowledge the importance of the EU. Even in Hungary their crazy ass PM was forced to publicly voice support for the EU because if he were to take a BoJo position, he's never getting reelected again. The hostility of the brits towards the EU simply doesn't exist in the rest of Europe.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have thought it was obvious. You claimed that facial recognition would be used as a replacement for a hard border - this is not the case.
    Again, what point are you making, are you arguing that facial recognition won't be a part of a technological border meant to replace physical customs checks?

Again, what point are you making, are you arguing that facial recognition won't be a part of a technological border meant to replace physical customs checks?
    Is facial recognition in any of the UK proposals? You're the one that claimed that it would be used so surely you must have something to support this claim?

They most likely would need to be a part of such a border, but the current proposals (if you can even call them that) accept that there absolutely will be physical checks, so the issue doesn't come up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    They most likely would need to be a part of such a border, but the current proposals accept that there will absolutely be checks, so the issue doesn't come up
    So they're checking every person that moves between the two countries? Sounds like a hard border.

I just want to say, us Greeks hate everyone equally
    Insert meme of Willie and Scots being mortal enemies of everyone including Scots at the end. But replace Scots with Greeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    It's promoting anti-sematism, whether you like it or not.
    It isn't, you're indulging in political spin to be perfectly honest. Knowingly or unknowingly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Insert meme of Willie and Scots being mortal enemies of everyone including Scots at the end. But replace Scots with Greeks.
    Man, I remember reading up on the Greco-Perisan Wars etc, the Greeks have hated the Greeks as long as there's been a Greece. And thousands of years before.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll be frank, I personally appreciate Labour's stance on a moral level. They want to move forward without being divisive in a world were right now, quite many exalt in their divisiveness. And pragmatically they want to be done with Brexit because their policy interests have nothing to do with Brexit and they are comfortable they can beat Tories on policy (if they should be I don't know). But it's just not a winning strategy. Especially the bullshit about getting a deal. Any half decent deal that meets what people are asking for would sacrifice far too much. The choice imo is between Remain and a No Deal that sacrifices the GFA and then slowly moves to an FTA like the ones the EU has with Canada or Japan.
    It's pretty much impossible to avoid being divisive on an issue that's bitterly split 48-52 (likely closer now if not the other way).

One thing that's painfully obvious is that neither side of British politics has a single testicle between the lot of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh yes, we hate other Greeks the most. I mean anyone who knows Greek history knows that since ancient times we've been at war with other Greeks more often than with outsiders.
    An anecdotal short story that backs this up a bit. My family has long friends in Greece and after visiting them and talking about their hotel and everything I found out that the family, friends, and neighbors are fighting each other, reporting each other's guests for parking violations and so on because they don't want others to have guests. It even went so far that within the family guests from each hotel weren't allowed to use the pool or the restaurant from the other hotel. Working together, sharing the proceeds and so is apparently a very foreign concept to them.

Boggled my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.