View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Not missing anything, just the usual bullshit.

Remember David Cameron? Man didn't think we'd be stupid enough to actually vote to leave the EU, then fucked off after he realised what he'd done.
    Cameron is the epitome of that politician who's now trying to whitewashing all the immense damage he did to the UK during his tenure.

He's also a history lesson in how you don't need to be some obnoxious prick like Trump to quietly set a nation back 50 years.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Why stay with a paltry 5 figure salary when you can earn a 7?

Dominic Cummings could make millions

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Cummings.html

It's no more or less than that. Remainers grasping at straws, yet again.
    What do you mean grasping at straws? Remainers have known all along that the Leave camp were spouting bullshit to get gullible sycophants like yourself on-side while planning to cash-out and skedaddle as soon as they can.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Remember David Cameron? Man didn't think we'd be stupid enough to actually vote to leave the EU, then fucked off after he realised what he'd done.
    With Cameron it always felt like politics was just a hobby or something he was doing in some gap-years between leaving uni and making millions with the family hedge-funds or whatever.

Cummings leaving is no more than mission accomplished - Brexit done. It isn't a surprise, was hinted at a year ago, and he will retain a desk inside No 10 and the close ear of Boris.

For the same reason it would be no surprise if Boris chose to go within the next year, again he got brexit done. Great and successful people who have done wonderful things for the country can earn far more outside of politics than from within.
    So you believe that Brexit is finished the second we leave at the end of the year? Or in the case of Cummings, just before then?

It does explain a lot about your position. You don't appear to understand cause and effect. Sadly the rest of the Brexit crew appear to think the same way, which is why none of them have planned properly for when we actually leave.

Pathetic, the whole lot of you.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why stay with a paltry 5 figure salary when you can earn a 7?

Dominic Cummings could make millions

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Cummings.html

It's no more or less than that. Remainers grasping at straws, yet again.
    So either you agree he's not one of the best people you can have in government then I don't quite understand why you cheer him on, or you think he is one of the best you can have in a government position and somehow cheer for him leaving and someone worse getting the job.

Who would you like to get his position?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Cummings is gone. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54938050

Or at least putting up the veil that he's gone. I wonder if Boris is about to surrender to the EU or if he's fleeing the sinking ship

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post

Or at least putting up the veil that he's gone. I wonder if Boris is about to surrender to the EU or if he's fleeing the sinking ship
    Why would Boris cave in if he is already planning to leave before the consequences hit and he has been pushing hard for a no-deal Brexit since the start?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Why would Boris cave in if he is already planning to leave before the consequences hit and he has been pushing hard for a no-deal Brexit since the start?
    There are different forms of bad consequences. It seems like the uk will have a vocabulary for that similarly to the Inuit one for snow.

Economically it will be bad in the coming years, and he likely planned to leave before that.
    However, without a deal there will be chaos on January 1st - and boris is unlikely to leave before that.

Or at least putting up the veil that he's gone. I wonder if Shagger Boris is about to surrender to the EU or if he's fleeing the sinking ship
    Inserted an important noun for you.

Ho ho ho…

The extremist egghead has had his time called by Carrie Symond.

I'm very much looking forward to angry fishermen and a conservationist agenda.

Hell hath no fury, and all that.

/violin

Ho ho ho…

Who's going to run the government when he's gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    Who's going to run the government when he's gone?
    A randomly elected pie from the kitchen... which will do a better job at basically everything.. eventho its just a pie.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    A randomly elected pie from the kitchen... which will do a better job at basically everything.. eventho its just a pie.
    I meant Cummings. His replacement doesn't have to be elected. Nigel for chief adviser 2021?

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    I meant Cummings. His replacement doesn't have to be elected. Nigel for chief adviser 2021?
    I highly doubt Farage wants the position because it would mean he has to actually work. He wants an MP spot so he can complain and get a paycheck without having to do any real work.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I highly doubt Farage wants the position because it would mean he has to actually work. He wants an MP spot so he can complain and get a paycheck without having to do any real work.
    He did write his bi-monthly rants at the EP for plenaries. It must have been exhausting to read the Sun and Mirror to find stuff to copy and paste.
    Imagine how much psychological harm Dribs is going through to do it on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    /violin
    Poor taste... well actually
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Felixstowe port in chaos. Ships having to be redirected to Rotterdam. If this continues, a freight manager warned that "increased costs would be passed on to consumers".

And we haven't even left yet. Just being Brexit adjacent is breaking our infrastructure.

Those Brexit "benefits" just keep stacking up, don't they?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

I hope we end up as EU rule-takers; they seem to have their shit together, and the Tories need to be kept away from real power or they'll just fuck it up.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Felixstowe port in chaos. Ships having to be redirected to Rotterdam. If this continues, a freight manager warned that "increased costs would be passed on to consumers".

And we haven't even left yet. Just being Brexit adjacent is breaking our infrastructure.

away to Rotterdam ? and then all the way via Tunnel to UK ? ouch

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post

Tragic that EU companies won't have as easy access to the UK "treasure island" any more isn't it. As they export more to us than we to them, they will be hit hardest by a no deal. They need us more than we need them as you can see, so thank you for that link proving the point. Presumably those same ports are used for the imports of EU made cars.

EU car manufacturers are starting to panic:- “The stakes are high for the EU auto industry – we absolutely must have an ambitious EU-UK trade agreement in place by January. Otherwise our sector – already reeling from the COVID crisis – will be hit hard by a double whammy.”
    - Director General, European Automobile Manufacturers' Association, 14 Sept 2020

https://facts4eu.org/news/2020_nov_eu_carmakers_panic

When millions of EU workers are jobless, starving and homeless because the EU refused to do a brexit trade deal I hope a long hard look is taken by eurochums as to the benefits and costs of EU membership and whether they would be better off themselves outside.

13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

15+ Year Old Account
    So people from the UK are just going to stop buying cars? And food and everything else?
    Last edited by Mayhem; 2020-11-14 at 06:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    So people from the UK are just going to stop buying cars? And food and everything else?
    Nah, they're going to start buying Morgans, Lotuses and Nobels. So with the likely uptake of sugar beet (because they can't ship real sugar in from overseas due to port overcrowding) East Anglia and Lincolnshire are going to become the new economic powerhouses of the UK.