View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Let's just agree to disagree.

BRITAIN deliberately broke away from the European Medicines Agency control for vaccine approval in October - meaning the UK could rubber stamp the jab quicker. Any EU member could in theory do this, but Brussels ordered the 27 remaining EU countries to form a united vaccine policy and wait for central approval.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/133676...covid-vaccine/

Hopefully the British decision will put pressure on EU regulatory laggards to hurry up a bit.
    Seriously can you not read? "Any EU member could in theory do this". You literally fucking quoted something proving you wrong. The fact that no other EU member chose to do it has fuck all to do with the fact that they can and so could the UK if they remained in the EU like you falsely claimed they could not. And the person you quoted provided multiple sources showing that yes you are as of right now still subject to EU laws and regulations proving you wrong on another claim.

Even if you want to try and attribute this to Brexit, you can't unless you're an idiot, the best you can say is that pro-Brexit politicians would have been more likely to make the move. A move they 100% by your own source could have done if they wanted to still stay in the EU. I'll restate because I suspect you still don't get it.

Brexit itself did nothing to allow the UK to do this as you are still 100% subject to EU laws and regulations. Your own source confirms that.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Is that your best? A trashy tabloid full of half-truths and flat out lies? I wanted to at least pretend that you were better than that but you are making it difficult.
    The best part is? That trash tabloid literally in what he himself chose to quote from it proves him wrong.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2020-12-03 at 11:48 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

BRITAIN deliberately broke away from the European Medicines Agency control for vaccine approval in October - meaning the UK could rubber stamp the jab quicker. Any EU member could in theory do this, but Brussels ordered the 27 remaining EU countries to form a united vaccine policy and wait for central approval.

Hopefully the British decision will put pressure on EU regulatory laggards to hurry up a bit.
    Is that your best? A trashy tabloid full of half-truths and flat out lies? I wanted to at least pretend that you were better than that but you are making it difficult.

So if we'd still had EU membership we could have done what we're doing anyway, or we could have taken a different option. So leaving the EU just meant we had one less option to choose from... yay Brexit?

You quote says the opposite of what you think it means. You even copy-pasted it into your post. ANY EU member could do this. Therefore the UK could do it without leaving the EU. Therefore is has fuck all to do with Brexit. You still clutch at straws, trying to justify the UK driving itself into a kind of purdah by secluding itself from the international stage, putting itself at the mercy of the Americans and EU, without whom Britain will starve.

This whole thread summarized:
    dribbles: "2 + 2 = 5"
    everyone else: "no, that is not true"
    dribbles: "Let's just agree to disagree"

Edit:
    I forgot the part where he links to either a nutjob conspiracy theorist that claims 2+2=5 or an article that points out that 2+2=4, but dribbles didn't read it and just posts it and claims the article says 2+2=5

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/worl...26950?mode=amp

European and US experts question UK’s vaccine fast-track
    Fauci claims US is proceeding ‘the correct way’ on vaccine while the UK ‘did not do it as carefully’
    Even the Americans think that you’re bonkers.

So you made a stupid political decision, so the turd can cheer for brexit, even tho you havent left yet, and chumps like you fall for it.

Well thanks for volunteering for the experiment I guess.

Sadly it shows that your leaders could care less, to double check what companies claim about their products.
    Last edited by Crispin; 2020-12-04 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/worl...26950?mode=amp

Even the Americans think that you’re bonkers.

So you made a stupid political decision, so the turd can cheer for brexit, even tho you havent left yet, and chumps like you fall for it.

Well thanks for volunteering for the experiment I guess.
    Fauci took a step back from what he said later. But those questioned in the medical field in the UK I think even with government ministers nearby did say that without the EU we wouldn't be in a position to get the vaccines now and that brexit if we were beyond the transition period would have made it slower to get hold of.

The UK, thanks to brexit, leading the world out of the global pandemic.
    Britain performed poorly in handling and containing the virus compared to other EU countries.

Britain is also definitely not leading the world out of the Global Pandemic.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-12-04 at 07:33 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Fauci took a step back from what he said later. But those questioned in the medical field in the UK I think even with government ministers nearby did say that without the EU we wouldn't be in a position to get the vaccines now and that brexit if we were beyond the transition period would have made it slower to get hold of.
    It could be argued, that one reason for rushing it, is to avoid it being stuck in customs, in the border shitshow that will happen after the 31st.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Britain performed poorly in handling and containing the virus compared to other EU countries.

Britain is also definitely not leading the world out of the Global Pandemic.
    Doesn't the UK have more covid deaths per capita than the US..?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Seriously can you not read? "Any EU member could in theory do this"
    Apologies that perhaps English is not your first language so you don't understand the nuances in that headline. Let me try to explain.

In theory lots of things are possible. Like space travel to Mars for example is in theory possible, yet in practice no one has achieved that yet.

In theory, as you and that headline say, it is possible for EU member states to override EU organisations like the EMA. However in practice none have as their Brussels masters would not look kindly on anyone that did, so they dare not do it.

Only a truly free from all EU shackles and a pioneering country can dismiss the rulings of the EMA with impunity as Brexit enabled the UK to do. No current EU member state has the cojones to do so, can you name one? Perhaps if they had, the vaccine would now be available to EU citizens as is the case right now in Brexit Britain.

I hope that helps you comprehend the subtleties, feel free to ask for further clarification if not, perhaps with less rudery if you don't mind.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Apologies that perhaps English is not your first language so you don't understand the nuances in that headline. Let me try to explain.

In theory lots of things are possible. Like space travel to Mars for example is in theory possible, yet in practice no one has achieved that yet.

In theory, as you and that headline say, it is possible for EU member states to override EU organisations like the EMA. However in practice none have as their Brussels masters would not look kindly on anyone that did, so they dare not do it.

Only a truly free from all EU shackles and a pioneering country can dismiss the rulings of the EMA with impunity as Brexit enabled the UK to do. No current EU member state has the cojones to do so, can you name one? Perhaps if they had, the vaccine would now be available to EU citizens as is the case right now in Brexit Britain.

I hope that helps you comprehend the subtleties, feel free to ask for further clarification if not, perhaps with less rudery if you don't mind.
    Being out of the EU did nothing to help as we are still bound by EU rules, how can you not understand that? If other EU nations felt happy moving at the normal pace and not fast tracking approval it's probably because they haven't got a government of morons driving the death rate as high as the UK.

Also you're outright lying when you say the vaccine is available to UK citizens now - it won't be until next week and then in such limited supplies they can't even prioritise NHS workers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Being out of the EU did nothing to help as we are still bound by EU rules, how can you not understand that? If other EU nations felt happy moving at the normal pace and not fast tracking approval it's probably because they haven't got a government of morons driving the death rate as high as the UK.
    Only in so much as they can be heard in EU courts by Jan 1st. Not possible is it? Think about the time that would take. You couldn't get a simple speeding conviction judged in that time let alone a complex supposed UK breach of EU law. So no we are not effectively governed by EU laws any more.

Also you're outright lying when you say the vaccine is available to UK citizens now - it won't be until next week and then in such limited supplies they can't even prioritise NHS workers.
    OK not immediately right this minute, but in 4 days time. Still far better than sometime, maybe next year when we get around to it as is the case for the EU.

If you are going to be picky with details best to state them exactly don't you think?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Only in so much as they can be heard in EU courts by Jan 1st. Not possible is it? Think about the time that would take. You couldn't get a simple speeding conviction judged in that time let alone a complex supposed UK breach of EU law. So no we are not effectively governed by EU laws any more.
    Fast-tracking the vaccine did not break EU laws or rules, it is something that would have been an option regardless of how long we were still going to be members. What the UK did is a perfectly valid option, not some sneaky way of getting around the rules because there won't be time to tell us off.

OK not immediately right this minute, but in 4 days time. Still far better than sometime, maybe next year when we get around to it as is the case for the EU.

If you are going to be picky with details best to state them exactly don't you think?
    Even then UK citizens on the whole won't be getting access to the vaccine, currently the amount we have access to is so severely limited that the government had to backtrack on prioritising NHS workers. And let's face it, most EU nations can probably afford to wait a month longer to get the vaccine rolled out as they haven't had Boris's cabinet of kleptocrats using the pandemic as an excuse to stuff their pockets while pumping up the number of deaths.

I assume that English is not the first language of the one that wrote and quoted that.

Rubber-stamp: (figurative) To process, approve or decide matters routinely rather than through careful consideration
    Describing vaccine approval as being done without careful consideration isn't a good idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do wonder how you plan to get that Vaccine considering production in Belgium and the temperature requirements for the Pfizer one.

Add in the current transportation issues that are already surfacing now before the brexit in places like Calais, Kent still not near completion, the whole UK as a government not prepared.
    The EU is luckily prepared, but i think the UK is going to get their vaccine fairly late even if they decide to after the EU approves it and the UK decides to forego their own checks what is fairly ironic from a brexit point of view.

Come January 1st the EU can finally start to focus more on bigger issues and leave the brits to the mercy of their own government.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    I assume that English is not the first language of the one that wrote and quoted that.

Describing vaccine approval as being done without careful consideration isn't a good idea.
    Oh they are going to not wait for the EU agency to be done with testing and just approve it, yes that will go down well. However i consider brexiteers to be closely related cousins of other poorly informed and confused people such as anti-vaxxers, so perhaps they get their wish and truly get a botched up vaccine that isn't dangerous but isn't nearly as effective.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Doesn't the UK have more covid deaths per capita than the US..?
    Depends on how you see it.

The uk has more reported covid deaths per capita than the US (0.088% vs 0.085% of population). But if we include unreported deaths based on the excess deaths then the US is ahead (0.11% vs 0.096%). There are countries in EU with higher numbers: Belgium, Spain and Italy, and outside the EU also Peru and Mexico (and possibly more - there is no good summary of excess deaths across the globe).

https://www.channel4.com/news/factch...-authorisation

Stop lying

And some more great brexit news

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...nd-poll-brexit

Four in 10 UK food firms to cut supplies to Northern Ireland – poll
    Exclusive: Brexit survey by Food and Drink Federation confirms fears of retailers and DUP
    Last edited by Crispin; 2020-12-04 at 04:44 PM.

https://www.reuters.com/article/BigS.../idUSKBN28F0B0

Going down to the wire, then. Who’d have thought?

Have to say, if it’s true and Macron did charge in at the 11th hour with new demands... even it it were purely for show (an unreasonable demand in the knowledge a compromise might make it easier for him to sell) - what a prat. I’ve got a lot of respect for Merkel and co., not a huge amount for him.

Clearly BJ and VDL think their teams can get it over the line. The question is - what will give?

French give on fishing (hence Macron’s unrealistic 11th hour demand) and U.K. gives on level playing field.

Happy days.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    https://www.reuters.com/article/BigS.../idUSKBN28F0B0

Going down to the wire, then. Who’d have thought?

Have to say, if it’s true and Macron did charge in at the 11th hour with new demands... even it it were purely for show (an unreasonable demand in the knowledge a compromise might make it easier for him to sell) - what a prat. I’ve got a lot of respect for Merkel and co., not a huge amount for him.

Clearly BJ and VDL think their teams can get it over the line. The question is - what will give?

French give on fishing (hence Macron’s unrealistic 11th hour demand) and U.K. gives on level playing field.

Happy days.
    nothing there makes me think anything will actually come of it.
    Just yet another round of talks that both sides know will likely turn out to be nothing.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death