View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    What's weird is I would have thought dribbles was going to be the first to bring this up but twisted into a brexit win somehow.
    ''Eurochums we wont again! first vaccinated people in the UK, NHS 300billion from EU is doing its job!'' ''The gifts keep giving''.

How is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    ''Eurochums we wont again! first vaccinated people in the UK, NHS 300billion from EU is doing its job!'' ''The gifts keep giving''.

How is it?
    Close enough. It could do with a link from the Mirror.

lul, really boris the clown fled a call with von der leyen?
    rotfl, first he broke his own agreement then this. how much embarrassment....
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    lul, really boris the clown fled a call with von der leyen?
    rotfl, first he broke his own agreement then this. how much embarrassment....
    It would be useful if people provided sources if they bring up some new news.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    There is no new news yet.

Pure position placing theatrics removing the IMB clauses, that can easily be reinstated, however making a no deal much easier for the UK.

Who'd have thought the EU can claim such a big concession by getting the UK to say it won't break international law, wowzer are they that gullible? The EU are either naive or very trusting of our Bojo is all i can say. Does anyone here really believe his word is his bond?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...yen-trade-deal
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    thanks, not quite as dramatic as you made it seem since they took a break and then decided to meet in person later.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    There is no new news yet.

Pure position placing theatrics removing the IMB clauses, that can easily be reinstated, however making a no deal much easier for the UK.

Who'd have thought the EU can claim such a big concession by getting the UK to say it won't break international law, wowzer are they that gullible? The EU are either naive or very trusting of our Bojo is all i can say. Does anyone here really believe his word is his bond?
    Boris backs down yet again. Dribbles tries to spin it as a win. No suprises here.

Have you considered a career as Trumps press secretary? I can promise you employment for the next 4 years while he continues to be president. Honest.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Oh my god, what a shithead ...
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...no-deal-brexit
    So basically if there is no deal and the UK has to be treated as any other third country, the EU is evil and singling out the UK, and if the EU asks for safeguards on the single market to secure Britain's 43% exports, it is evil too? At this point I am for no deal too. I was really hoping for an arragement that would secure people's livelihoods, but this is just retarded. Fuck fishing communities. At least we secured an NI protocol.

Shockingly a free trade deal with the EU means accepting EU regulations. Who could have guess that outrages demand.
    (everyone knew)

I kinda feel sorry for those who actually thought Boris didn't want a no-deal.

The lies and or / incompetency of Leave have never been exposed more starkly than now.

Daniel Hannan, Owen Paterson, Liam Fox etc. all of them said pre referendum that securing a deal would be as simple as pie despite Remainers saying that, for all the reasons documented in this and other threads, it wouldn't.

Liam Fox said: “The free trade agreement that we will have to do with the European Union should be one of the easiest in human history. We are already beginning with zero tariffs, and we are already beginning at the point of maximal regulatory equivalence, as it is called. In other words, our rules and our laws are exactly the same.”

So - which is it: was he lying or was he being stupid?

@Demolitia - I agree completely: fuck the fishermen. This is no longer the 19th century. The world has changed, fucking accept it and move on.

No deal will be an immediate disaster for the UK and I hope those that have pursued it are vilified and ridiculed.

Cheery, cheery.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    The lies and or / incompetency of Leave have never been exposed more starkly than now.

Daniel Hannan, Owen Paterson, Liam Fox etc. all of them said pre referendum that securing a deal would be as simple as pie despite Remainers saying that, for all the reasons documented in this and other threads, it wouldn't.

Liam Fox said: “The free trade agreement that we will have to do with the European Union should be one of the easiest in human history. We are already beginning with zero tariffs, and we are already beginning at the point of maximal regulatory equivalence, as it is called. In other words, our rules and our laws are exactly the same.”

So - which is it: was he lying or was he being stupid?

@Demolitia - I agree completely: fuck the fishermen. This is no longer the 19th century. The world has changed, fucking accept it and move on.

No deal will be an immediate disaster for the UK and I hope those that have pursued it are vilified and ridiculed.

Cheery, cheery.
    In theory Liam wasn't wrong. But it required the UK to commit to keeping that status quo, as Boris so eloquently put it
    “It was put to me that this was kind of a bit like twins, and the UK is one twin the EU is another, and if the EU decides to have a haircut then the UK is going to have a haircut or else face punishment. Or if the EU decides to buy an expensive handbag then the UK has to buy an expensive handbag too or else face tariffs,” he said.
    Now this goes against the supposed goal of Brexit, to reclaim their sovereignty and be able to do whatever they want. So in practice it doesn't matter that they start off on the same footing, because the core problem with the negotiations is that the UK doesn't want it to stay that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watched the BBC interview with one of the UK government spokes person i assume, they are really struggling to defend this. Still trying to drum up public support for fisheries "we must keep our sovereignty by protecting our waters" protect them from what exactly? Armed EU fishing vessels? Allowing them to be overfished so you have practically nothing left to fish in a decade if the EU didn't intervene? Allowing them to be sold over a large continent without too much hassle?

Oh well, but i do agree...

Part of the problem and fault of this is on the EU however, the UK governments got exception after exception, added benefit after added benefit every time there were EU agreements, so that's probably the idea they had going into these talks eventually, surely the same exception would be made for them again right? This stance should have been made when they came with the euro, if they wanted to keep the sterling? Keep to your own market.

But perhaps they could have gotten something extra once more if they didn't bite of this much at once, making the EU less democratic. But this time they obviously wanted all the benefits at the cost of all other member states and frankly the UK is merely a single a member and then they sold themselves on the idea that leaving the EU would be this great thing, trying to get other member states to do the same. Supporting radical parties on the mainland. A move that actually divided EU sceptics severely.

The EU knows that if they leave on a no deal the UK will rejoin on far more favourable terms for the EU in a generation or two, because politically the EU doesn't really stand to lose on this the UK started this, the UK pursued this without proper planning, EU legislators simply stood firm to protect their own interest as we expect of them. People will lose their jobs and income but the EU has shown to have a plan for all this, the UK does not so this really won't hurt the EU image to its own citizens. This is not another Greece disaster and i think that's what the Brits in power have greatly underestimated. If you compare that to the citizens of Kent, can't imagine they are still happy with their "Yes vote".

I do hope that the current deadline is really the final one.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Watched the BBC interview with one of the UK government spokes person i assume, they are really struggling to defend this. Still trying to drum up public support for fisheries "we must keep our sovereignty by protecting our waters" protect them from what exactly? Armed EU fishing vessels? Allowing them to be overfished so you have practically nothing left to fish in a decade if the EU didn't intervene? Allowing them to be sold over a large continent without too much hassle?

Oh well, but i do agree...

Part of the problem and fault of this is on the EU however, the UK governments got exception after exception, added benefit after added benefit every time there were EU agreements, so that's probably the idea they had going into these talks eventually, surely the same exception would be made for them again right? This stance should have been made when they came with the euro, if they wanted to keep the sterling? Keep to your own market.

But perhaps they could have gotten something extra once more if they didn't bite of this much at once, making the EU less democratic. But this time they obviously wanted all the benefits at the cost of all other member states and frankly the UK is merely a single a member and then they sold themselves on the idea that leaving the EU would be this great thing, trying to get other member states to do the same. Supporting radical parties on the mainland. A move that actually divided EU sceptics severely.

The EU knows that if they leave on a no deal the UK will rejoin on far more favourable terms for the EU in a generation or two, because politically the EU doesn't really stand to lose on this the UK started this, the UK pursued this without proper planning, EU legislators simply stood firm to protect their own interest as we expect of them. People will lose their jobs and income but the EU has shown to have a plan for all this, the UK does not so this really won't hurt the EU image to its own citizens. This is not another Greece disaster and i think that's what the Brits in power have greatly underestimated. If you compare that to the citizens of Kent, can't imagine they are still happy with their "Yes vote".

I do hope that the current deadline is really the final one.
    The final deadline to what? A deal to start at jan 1st? I’d be surprised if that would come to be, even if a deal is struck today.

Negotiations will always (on some level) continue, until theres a deal. Any “deadline” is mostly fictional, and is only mentioned to let citizens know shits gonna hit the fan jan 1st.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    The final deadline to what? A deal to start at jan 1st? I’d be surprised if that would come to be, even if a deal is struck today.

Negotiations will always (on some level) continue, until theres a deal. Any “deadline” is mostly fictional, and is only mentioned to let citizens know shits gonna hit the fan jan 1st.
    the weekend is the deadline, you cannot summon EU parliament on short notice in a few days if that negotiation charade continues much further. unless UK accepts a lenghty downfall between january 1st and the day an agreement is ratified.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    the weekend is the deadline, you cannot summon EU parliament on short notice in a few days if that negotiation charade continues much further. unless UK accepts a lenghty downfall between january 1st and the day an agreement is ratified.
    What you aren't looking forward to toast and chips?

Also the amount of potato products on this list is mildly hilarious in an ironic "this is what you get for what you did to Ireland" way.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey now, that diet isn't all 1400s, we didn't have any potatoes in Europe until the whole colonization thing got going.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Hey now, that diet isn't all 1400s, we didn't have any potatoes in Europe until the whole colonization thing got going.
    Oh yeah I forgot y'all used to eat mostly peas.

Still, finish your peas and beets Jimothy or else you can't have your toast and chips.

Funny to see the Daily Mail running an article they would have dismissed as "project fear" prior to the referendum.

Sorry not funny, I mean tragic.