View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    People in here are kind of ignoring the UK's largest export sector that gets nothing out of this deal and will be left with access on a few months' notice if at all. The financial and professional service sector lost passporting, secured a few exceptions, and are overall left on equivalence terms that they have to comply with or lose access altogether. The UK granted 3 years of access for EU companies while the EU granted nothing of that kind whatsoever.
    Sssh. Stop talking the UK down. It's people like you that are going to cause Brexit to fail. Traitor.

Let them get their good feels from a deal that only covers 20% of the UK economy. We can worry about the other 80% later. Apparently.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post

As to say i am denying reality, well that's pretty insulting, i know there are costs but i find them acceptable for the outcome.

At work so I'll only address this particular bit of nonsense.

Describing reality isn't itself insulting. It's your own personal problem if you're insulted by me accurately describing your actions. And you definitely are denying and downplaying many of the costs in an attempt to rationalize this as a good outcome. And if you take issue with that you can take yourself and your little wa wa people are negative about Brexit fit else where. Not a single fuck will be given.

The numbers are there This was an objectively bad choice for the UK's overall economic health and you didn't get any substantial gains to sovereignty like ya'll ranted and raved about because you're still beholden to the EU's rules, unless you plan to have essentially zero trade with the EU, but now have exactly zero say in writing said rules. You basically got out of the EU in name only and then immediately shackled yourself back to it while also removing all of your sizable political power you had within the organization, and screwed/secured worse trade deals with other countries vs what you had in the EU. Really the only people who could see this as a win are particularly racist/xenophobic people who are willing to take quality of life downgrades/harm the overall country by restricting the movement agreements making it easier for the UK to lure high demand people for jobs such as doctors and nurses. It'll still be fairly easy for those people to leave if they want as most countries except the US under Trump and the UK want to make it very easy for them to come and now the Uk's made it harder.

That you think that is an acceptable outcome just shows you were never coming at this logically and just had a pure emotional reaction to the EU ignorant of the facts. Cutting off your hand is not a logical response to getting a spot of poop on it and in your efforts getting a new spot of poop on your other hand. But that's basically what you did and what you state you are okay with. The fact that you're okay with the outcome is good for you I guess?
    Last edited by shimerra; 2020-12-28 at 11:43 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I am not dancing in the street or anywhere else so take your pathetic little strawman elsewhere. I am happy that we have a deal with the EU and that we can now finally move on from Brexit - you should try it!
    No. Losing rights is not something we should move on from. Answer this what as a citizen of the UK do you or I gain on January 1st that we did not have in the last 20+ years.

Answer that. 1 advantage that isn't "Them foreigners might move in next door.".

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    No. Losing rights is not something we should move on from. Answer this what as a citizen of the UK do you or I gain on January 1st that we did not have in the last 20+ years.

Well you don't really have a choice! You can either move on or continue to stamp your feet on the internet.

The only options we had available were a deal or no-deal. I appreciate that for you no-deal would have allowed you to continue to hurl insults at complete strangers so therefore the deal comes as a disappointment but in reality it really was the best option available.

Your constant attempts to frame leavers as racists is extremely tedious perhaps if you'd bothered to find out something about the EU and the reasons behind why people wanted to leave you'd have been able to put a compelling argument in favour of remaining or at very least had the sense to keep your mouth shut then we might have been able to convince enough people to change their minds about leaving.

But here we are, out of the EU and after four and half years you still cannot come up with anything better than insulting leavers.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Can you give us a list of some reasons that don't turn out ot be anti-EU propaganda shit like bendy bananas and "taking back control of our laws"?
    I've both read and listened to a lot of Brexiter arguments, and so far none of them have a legit reason. They've backed down to "taking back control of who gets to come to our country" - which doesn't change with you staying or leaving the EU.
    Why? The referendum was four and half years ago maybe if you were interested in any this you should have asked then.

Well you don't really have a choice! You can either move on or continue to stamp your feet on the internet.

The only options we had available were a deal or no-deal. I appreciate that for you no-deal would have allowed you to continue to hurl insults at complete strangers so therefore the deal comes as a disappointment but in reality it really was the best option available.

Your constant attempts to frame leavers as racists is extremely tedious perhaps if you'd bothered to find out something about the EU and the reasons behind why people wanted to leave you'd have been able to put a compelling argument in favour of remaining or at very least had the sense to keep your mouth shut then we might have been able to convince enough people to change their minds about leaving.

But here we are, out of the EU and after four and half years you still cannot come up with anything better than insulting leavers.
    That wasn't the question he asked. Allow me to re-phrase it:
    How has Brexit, in a concrete and tangible way, made their lives better now that we know the terms of the exit deal (i.e. the Withdrawal Agreement and the trade deal)?

I'll admit, I'm struggling to find an answer to that question myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    That wasn't the question he asked. Allow me to re-phrase it:
    How has Brexit, in a concrete and tangible way, made their lives better now that we know the terms of the exit deal (i.e. the Withdrawal Agreement and the trade deal)?

I'll admit, I'm struggling to find an answer to that question myself.
    Oh, well since you put it like that let's just a call the whole thing off.

Oh, well since you put it like that let's just a call the whole thing off.
    Surely there has to be even just one benefit to what appears to otherwise be an epic case of self-flagellation by the British?

Nice job backing out when you have no real answer to it. You and the Brexiters were the ones claiming being in the EU was so awful, yet every argument towards leave was either proven false or severely flawed. The burden of proof was on you to prove leaving the EU would be better. Here you are now four and a half years later unable to answer the same question, while claiming this deal is better than staying in the EU.

It's both sad and hilarious.
    I am not a Brexiteer nor have I ever claimed that being in the EU was awful. There is no burden of proof on me to prove anything to you; leave won and we have left - these are the facts and nothing I say will change that.

Also I have never claimed that the deal is better than remaining.

Three claims all false. Yep, sad and hilarious.

- - - Updated - - -

Surely there has to be even just one benefit to what appears to otherwise be an epic case of self-flagellation by the British?
    Why? Why do you think I have any interest in playing your silly little game?

I am not a Brexiteer
    You just happen to repeatedly make posts that agree with Brexiteers like dribbles. But you aren't one yourself, oh no. You'll be saying "some of my best friends are Remainers" next. Then when people describe you as a Brexiteer, you stamp your feet and fall back on your default approach to discussions on here; nitpicking detail and semantics.

If you don't want people to ask you "why do you think x?" then I'd suggest you stop posting things like "I think x" on a discussion forum. Or just accept that you have a position that you are unable or unwilling to defend in any way. That would work too.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

You're doing a piss-poor job at not looking like a salty leaver mate. If you don't think the current deal has any benefit over staying in the EU, then all that needs to be said is that it's better than no-deal but worse than staying in the EU.

It's not a hard thing to do champ. Curious why you haven't done so already.
    Am I? Oh well.

Just so we are clear I think remaining in the EU would have been better than leaving with this deal or any deal for that matter. However remaining is not an option and given the alternative - which was no deal - I am happy that we have agreed the deal.

There you go. I hope this clears up your confusion.

10+ Year Old Account

From the "totally not a brexiteer" poster, so we have;

Feelings of brexiteers are more important than the actual damage of a brexit. Ignoring the hostility and vitriol the leave side spouted at every turn because that is apparently okay, farrage being a prime offender of this even lacking manners in parliaments but apparently that normal behaviour there

Brexiteers are not racist, they are simply biased against foreigners. A sentiment that is inspired by a believe that everything english is better, who needs foreigners! (despite having a shortage of people who actually work needed and meaningful jobs *gasp*). We have to completely ignore the reports of said people being empowered or what kind of folks they attracted because that does not fit the brexiteer narrative. Goes on to ignore that the leave campaign had an easier time because it promised rainbows and unicorns while the remain campaign had to deal in realities of what is currently ongoing while also combating misinformation and lies (NHS bus slogan).

And after all that, still continues to play the victim card whilst being the offender when asked, "go on dear boy pann give us some of those glorious brexit benefits."

For people new in this thread, that's Pann's aka "totally not a brexiteer" modus operandi since pretty much the start of this thread. I mean round of applause for being consistent might be in order here?
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    by the way: will the thread close down in 3 days ? grace period until europ. parliament was in session to ratify the agreement ?

Was that so hard? So why didn't you say this earlier instead of refusing to answer such an easy question?
    It wasn't hard at all I have repeatedly said throughout this thread that I do not support Brexit unfortunately the people who post in this thread do not seem to understand the concept that I disagree with them because they post ignorant bollocks - case in point above.

I did not refuse to answer an easy question - I didn't answer it because it was pointless, leading and failed to address the point I had made.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post

You posed the question how about you go first, riddle me this. What as a citizen of the UK do you or I lose on January 1st that we have now and can do today?

Answer that.

£350 million pounds a week. Let's fund the NHS instead.

You're doing a piss-poor job at not looking like a salty leaver mate. If you don't think the current deal has any benefit over staying in the EU, then all that needs to be said is that it's better than no-deal but worse than staying in the EU.

It's not a hard thing to do champ. Curious why you haven't done so already. Instead you respond with shit like this to a simple question if there's any benefit to the current deal rather than staying in the EU:
    Show me a salty leaver, you won't find one champ. Again what will you lose on Jan 1st? Nothing. Your weekend jollies to Benidorm are safe, don't worry.

2 sleeps to freedom. /three cheers to brexit
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    That number has been thouroughly debunked numerous times throughout this thread.

Do you really have nothing else but digging up years old lies yet again?

15+ Year Old Account
    Was that so hard? So why didn't you say this earlier instead of refusing to answer such an easy question?
    Uhm, he still hasn't answered the earlier question.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    That number has been thouroughly debunked numerous times throughout this thread.

Do you really have nothing else but digging up years old lies yet again?
    The question is nearly 5 years old, the answer remains the same except the 350 million figure would be far more in todays money with EU budgetary increases and spending far more than they get in.

Debunk that.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    The question is nearly 5 years old, the answer remains the same except the 350 million figure would be far more in todays money with EU budgetary increases and spending far more than they get in.

Debunk that.
    The UK weekly contribution to the EU budget were never £350 million a week.

You can take that "claim" and shove it were the sun doesn't shine.

The question, as you obviously misunderstood it, was regarding the British citizen. As an ardent Brexiteer, surely you can reel off a long list of substantiated tangible benefits for the individual which will arise from Brexit?

Again what will you lose on Jan 1st? Nothing.
    There must have been something at stake, otherwise 30,000 Britons would not have sought citizenship in Germany between 2016 and 2019 (28,000 more than would have normally been expected in that time-frame, or an increase above the normal rate of 1,500%).