View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctv987 View Post
    Not even slightly true.

UK trade to ROW has utterly boomed.

Put the www prefix at the front of this link too go to the official UK Government trade deals update.

Hint - You are going to spend a long time reading it.

gov.uk/guidance/uk-trade-agreements-with-non-eu-countries#trade-agreements-that-took-effect-from-1-january-2021
    Why did the UK get hit so hard?

What a shame.

Whichever country you come from, your media is pure propaganda if they say they UK is being hit hard.

We are doing fine. Better than when we was in the EU. Even through the pandemic.

Best vaccination programme in the world. Best furlough scheme to support employees in the world.

What can you country say?
    Uh huh...

I love when new accounts come on to tout the wonders of Brexit and Trump, then claim to be British, British living in Florida, from Florida, living in Texas, and a proud Washington native.

So, which is it this week?

Or, did you just create this account to shill for white supremacists like Trump?

10+ Year Old Account
    Evidence Trump is a white supremacist please.
    His 1776 commission included an antisemetic conspiracy theory, but didn’t mention slavery... outside of things we want to prevent... putting it on same level as fascism and communism... completely ignoring US history there off...

Cultural Marxism conspiracy theory
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultur...spiracy_theory
    Cultural Marxism is a far-right antisemitic conspiracy theory which claims Western Marxism as the basis of continuing academic and intellectual efforts to subvert Western culture. The conspiracists claim that an elite of Marxist theorists and Frankfurt School intellectuals are subverting Western society with a culture war that undermines the Christian values of traditionalist conservatism and promotes the cultural liberal values of the 1960s counterculture and multiculturalism, progressive politics and political correctness, misrepresented as identity politics created by critical theory.
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-03-24 at 02:09 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Why do the Brexit-loving Brits always make the rest of us look so bad....

Imagine thinking having so many people dead due to COVID is the UK doing well during the pandemic.
    Speaking as an American... because the difference between patriotism and nationalism, is one being irrational. They make saying anything positive about our countries nearly impossible... because we want to avoid the association of positivity, tied to irrational nature of nationalism.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Paranoid much?

I was born, bred and remain loyal to the only country I've ever lived in.

England.

Oh, you haven't got any?

That's because you're lieing.

I bet you think Harry and Meghan are decent people aswell right?
    His love of the Proud Boys.

Next!

10+ Year Old Account
    That didn't take much probing at all to make the local burner go complete mask off, typical.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Speaking as an American... because the difference between patriotism and nationalism, is one being irrational. They make saying anything positive about our countries nearly impossible... because we want to avoid the association of positivity, tied to irrational nature of nationalism.
    Truth. But you know, as long as you are rational, you not in danger of association. Unless you meet irrational nationalists from other regions of course. But them being irrational, it wouldn't matter what you said anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Paranoid much?

I was born, bred and remain loyal to the only country I've ever lived in.

England.

Oh, you haven't got any?

That's because you're lieing.

I bet you think Harry and Meghan are decent people aswell right?
    "Lieing" is a typical spelling mistake for a non-native English speaker, btw. You need to work on your backstory a little more. I'll help you, you'd get away with this if you were either 8 or just really, really bad at spelling. I have yet to see any English spell that badly. And I know someone naming his son "Jaimz". Yes, I am not even joking.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    For those eurochums interested in how the UK rejoin campaign might be going here are todays yougov figures:-

Favourable 35%
    Unfavourable 50%
    Don't know 15%

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics.../03/22/e0986/1

Not too good i'd say, but it gets better. This survey was done before the EU threatened to ban vaccine exports to the UK. Why does that matter you might ask? Drill down into the split by age groups and you can see the over 50's/majority brexiteers have all been vaccinated. The under 50's/majority remainers so far have not. Imagine how the young remainers will feel about the EU when the vaccinated brexiteers are soon off on their jolly hollibobs and the UK remainers denied vaccines by the EU are stuck in Slough for the weekend rather than living it up in Magaluf.

Brexit and its future is more secure today than ever before. Thanks for that Von der Leyen, Chin Chin!
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    For those eurochums interested in how the UK rejoin campaign might be going here are todays yougov figures:-

Favourable 35%
    Unfavourable 50%
    Don't know 15%

Not too good i'd say, but it gets better. This survey was done before the EU threatened to ban vaccine exports to the UK. Why does that matter you might ask? Drill down into the split by age groups and you can see the over 50's/majority brexiteers have all been vaccinated. The under 50's/majority remainers so far have not. Imagine how the young remainers will feel about the EU when the vaccinated brexiteers are soon off on their jolly hollibobs and the UK remainers denied vaccines by the EU are stuck in Slough for the weekend rather than living it up in Magaluf.

Brexit and its future is more secure today than ever before. Thanks for that Von der Leyen, Chin Chin!
    This highlights the stupidity of those who answered the questionnaire. Government blames all their own shortcomings on EU. People buy it.

Honestly, the biggest problem in the UK has always been a lack of upward mobility in social classes. The ruling elite are fervently guarding the gates there and every measure they take to keep people in their place is blamed on EU.

Welcome back btw! Haven’t seen you post here for a while. Suppose this is the first snippet of news you found where the very concept of brexit isn’t crushed by facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Truth. But you know, as long as you are rational, you not in danger of association. Unless you meet irrational nationalists from other regions of course. But them being irrational, it wouldn't matter what you said anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

"Lieing" is a typical spelling mistake for a non-native English speaker, btw. You need to work on your backstory a little more. I'll help you, you'd get away with this if you were either 8 or just really, really bad at spelling. I have yet to see any English spell that badly. And I know someone naming his son "Jaimz". Yes, I am not even joking.
    Next hell claim he is dyslectic im sure. Wich is ok if he is. But it seems ALOT of people are dyslectic these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    Next hell claim he is dyslectic im sure. Wich is ok if he is. But it seems ALOT of people are dyslectic these days.
    Actual dyslexic people have told me it's hard to spot them, because they are embarassed by it and will make sure to run a spellchecker over basically anything they post online. A spellchecker would have prevented that spelling mistake. So I'm not buying into that, if he brings it.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Favourable 35%
    Unfavourable 50%
    Don't know 15%

Is this all you have to fall back on; a survey that says half the UK don't look on the EU favourably? Surely by now the multiple benefits of Brexit would be giving you countless examples you can point to about actual reasons why Brexit was good?

The reality is, you've got fuck all. The Brexit deal Boris and his band of idiots have signed up to have fucked up numerous industries all around the country already. And we haven't even properly left yet, because the UK have had to unilaterally extend the interim period because they didn't understand the impacts and haven't prepared properly yet. Last time I looked we only had 20% of the extra 50k customs staff we needed (probable cost £50m a week, which is a pretty big chunk out of the mythical £350m a week on its own).

So how about you poke around and find some actual benefits? Instead of posting shit about surveys that mean literally nothing to the economy of the country.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Is this all you have to fall back on; a survey that says half the UK don't look on the EU favourably? Surely by now the multiple benefits of Brexit would be giving you countless examples you can point to about actual reasons why Brexit was good?

The reality is, you've got fuck all. The Brexit deal Boris and his band of idiots have signed up to have fucked up numerous industries all around the country already. And we haven't even properly left yet, because the UK have had to unilaterally extend the interim period because they didn't understand the impacts and haven't prepared properly yet. Last time I looked we only had 20% of the extra 50k customs staff we needed (probable cost £50m a week, which is a pretty big chunk out of the mythical £350m a week on its own).

So how about you poke around and find some actual benefits? Instead of posting shit about surveys that mean literally nothing to the economy of the country.
    *applies ointment to burns*

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    This highlights the stupidity of those who answered the questionnaire. Government blames all their own shortcomings on EU. People buy it.

Honestly, the biggest problem in the UK has always been a lack of upward mobility in social classes. The ruling elite are fervently guarding the gates there and every measure they take to keep people in their place is blamed on EU.

Welcome back btw! Haven’t seen you post here for a while. Suppose this is the first snippet of news you found where the very concept of brexit isn’t crushed by facts.
    Thanks for the welcome back, it's nice to know you are missed. Probably how all of the EU feels right now about the UK! Tbh I haven't been about much as whenever I check in here there never seems to be anything negative of consequence posted about Brexit to counter, certainly not from the UK pro brexit side I sit on. I'm guessing it's because nobody has found any downsides now the sunny uplands, as promised, have arrived. Last I looked in you were all discussing with the Greek from Agios Clacton the serious matter of whether EU or UK chocolates were better.

I saw that, nodded approvingly to myself that's all that can be found and thought Brexit referendum won, debate on mmoc won and just quietly moved on to pastures anew.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    *applies ointment to burns*
    Check that ointment carefully, it was probably made in the UK! Yes even post brexit...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Check that ointment carefully, it was probably made in the UK! Yes even post brexit...
    lolwut? Im sorry... what? *brain.exe has stopped working*

Tbh I haven't been about much as whenever I check in here there never seems to be anything negative of consequence posted about Brexit to counter, certainly not from the UK pro brexit side I sit on. I'm guessing it's because nobody has found any downsides now the sunny uplands, as promised, have arrived.
    So are you lying, or illiterate? Because can't read or won't read are the only possible explanations for you not seeing the plethora of Brexit downsides that have been posted in this thread. None of which you've ever attempted to counter.

So, take this challenge; go back through the thread, pick some of the downsides we've posted about and challenge or counter them. If Brexit is so wonderful, teach us why it is. Give us DETAILS. Let us see the shining beauty that is Brexit.

Or chicken out again until you come back with another fly-by shit post of irrelevant nonsense. Dealer's choice.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    So are you lying, or illiterate? Because can't read or won't read are the only possible explanations for you not seeing the plethora of Brexit downsides that have been posted in this thread. None of which you've ever attempted to counter.

So, take this challenge; go back through the thread, pick some of the downsides we've posted about and challenge or counter them. If Brexit is so wonderful, teach us why it is. Give us DETAILS. Let us see the shining beauty that is Brexit.

Or chicken out again until you come back with another fly-by shit post of irrelevant nonsense. Dealer's choice.
    If you want to see the shining beauty of Brexit as you call it even though it is obvious, in plain sight and evident everywhere, you need quickly look no further than elsewhere on this forum.

UK lucked out by doing their Brexit just in time

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53094506

I couldn't have said it better.

Everyone can see it and everyone is saying it, to see it yourself you merely need to wake every morning, look around and open your eyes. I'll leave it to the many others who daily are now, even on here, posting the benefits of Brexit. It's now so commonplace and mainstream you don't need me to do it for you anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you want to see the shining beauty of Brexit as you call it even though it is obvious, in plain sight and evident everywhere, you need quickly look no further than elsewhere on this forum.

Everyone can see it and everyone is saying it, to see it yourself you merely need to wake every morning, look around and open your eyes. I'll leave it to the many others who daily are now, even on here, posting the benefits of Brexit. It's now so commonplace and mainstream you don't need me to do it for you anymore.
    So again nothing, as per usual. Aren't you tired of failing?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

So the best you can come up with is "the UK did something WHILE THEY WERE STILL IN THE EU that they would have been able to do anyway even if they weren't leaving". That's the best you can come up with? Your glorious Brexit can be proven to be glorious by pointing at something that's nothing to do with Brexit.

Fucking pathetic. And almost literally what I expected. It's amazing that my expectations for Brexit posters are now so low that even abject failure doesn't disappoint. Want to try again? Or have you humiliated yourself enough for one day?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So the best you can come up with is
    Quoting a misinformed poster that thought the EU ordered only AZ vaccines..