View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Have yourself a read of the "About" page for Guido, his first source. Fun stuff.
    Haha! I would be genuinely embarrassed if I posted that, but then again I'm not Dribbles

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    UK business has got used to an unlimited supply of cheap Eastern European labour that has allowed them to pay starvation wages. A Brexit benefit is that UK business no longer has easy access to that labour and must now pay a proper living wage to attract British workers for British jobs.
    Nothing stopped you from mandating higher wages while you were still in the EU. Or is the British government so utterly incapable of administering its domain that it can't pass simple minimum wage legislation? Rofl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

In all this mess there is no single soul I feel less sorry for than Tim Martin.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58758701

Fuck you you fucking fuck.

I am sure when you decided to back Brexit what you envisioned was the Government oversight closing your businesses and a labour shortage meaning you can no longer treat your employees like shit. Good luck getting BoJo to open the visa programme so you can staff your establishments again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Nothing stopped you from mandating higher wages while you were still in the EU. Or is the British government so utterly incapable of administering its domain that it can't pass simple minimum wage legislation? Rofl.
    The British min wage is in-line with France, Germany and Canada. What's hurt unskilled Labour in the UK is the erosion of Trade Unions and Rupert fucking Murdoch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    The British min wage is in-line with France, Germany and Canada. What's hurt unskilled Labour in the UK is the erosion of Trade Unions and Rupert fucking Murdoch.
    You know what I'm just going to say it.

Rupert Murdoch I feel is perhaps the most dangerous man to not have taken government office post ww2 maybe even before. His media outlets and propaganda have caused untold misery and convinced people of enough shit and conspiracy peddling it's actually killed people.

Hell I wouldn't be surprised if he learned from certain propaganda ministers of the 30s and 40s in European dictatorships to ith a view point of that what they did wrong was become too linked to said governments, while he could claim deniability as just being a media owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    You know what I'm just going to say it.

Rupert Murdoch I feel is perhaps the most dangerous man to not have taken government office post ww2 maybe even before. His media outlets and propaganda have caused untold misery and convinced people of enough shit and conspiracy peddling it's actually killed people.

Hell I wouldn't be surprised if he learned from certain propaganda ministers of the 30s and 40s in European dictatorships to ith a view point of that what they did wrong was become too linked to said governments, while he could claim deniability as just being a media owner.
    100% agreed. The man is a cancer that has poisoned the Anglosphere.

15+ Year Old Account
    UK business has got used to an unlimited supply of cheap Eastern European labour that has allowed them to pay starvation wages. A Brexit benefit is that UK business no longer has easy access to that labour and must now pay a proper living wage to attract British workers for British jobs.

It is a fault of the EU freedom of movement rules that allows some places to pay wages of 600 euro a month in order to generate profits in the already wealthy Northern EU countries.

Remainers/rejoiners on the side of slave labour from EE seem to be unhappy about rising UK salaries as business is forced to value people and their endeavours correctly. Brexiteers want to spread the wealth to all, remainers want to keep the rich rich at the expense of the already poor.

The temporary supply chain blip in food and petrol as UK business adjusts to the new normal, mostly caused by Covid not Brexit, is short term pain for long term gain.

Brexit allows us to build back better as in the end all will benefit tremendously.
    I wasn't aware the EU can dictate the minimum wage of its member countries, that is outrageous!

What's the regulation called that dictates those minimum wages? Glad you got rid of it, well done, now you can do what no other member country can, increase the minimum wage.

UK min wage raised to about 1570€ per month.

Let's have a look at the charts:

Code:
    Minimum wages by EU member states
    EU member state	Monthly minimum wage (EUR)
    Belgium	1,625.72
    Bulgaria	332.34
    Croatia	562.77
    Czech Republic	579.22
    Estonia	584.00
    France	1,554.58
    Germany	1,585.00
    Greece	758.33
    Hungary	457.00 / 597.90
    Ireland	1,723.80
    Latvia	500.00
    Lithuania	642.00
    Luxembourg	2,201.93
    Malta	784.68
    Netherlands	1,701.00
    Poland	614.08
    Portugal	775.83
    Romania	472.28
    Slovakia	623.00
    Slovenia	1,024.24
    Spain	1,108.33
    That's strange, why do France and Germany have an equal minimum wage to the UK? That makes no sense.
    Last edited by Mayhem; 2021-10-02 at 11:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think France and Germany have a lot of daily employment contracts which i find horrendous for the worker. I am not familiar with France unemployement benefits or their programs to activate people on the market, Germany is not that great from what i heard.

That list makes sense to me, as a Belgian working in the Netherlands i earn quite a bit more for the same work, 20 to 30% more.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1930558.html

Brexit is going absolutely swimmingly, such sunlit uplands!

Seriously though, this move reeks of desperation.
    I am in shock that the UK would accept foreign drivers' licenses.

- - - Updated - - -

They are doing the same in the EU. /s

Brussels Shop Shelves Empty

https://order-order.com/2021/10/01/n...pty-despiteeu/
    https://www.brusselstimes.com/belgiu...helves-filled/

I guess some here will try to blame Brexit for that too...
    Glad you linked the articles, those Belgium shelves were empty because of two strikes. So how many strikes are currently going on in the UK?
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    I wasn't aware the EU can dictate the minimum wage of its member countries, that is outrageous!

What's the regulation called that dictates those minimum wages? Glad you got rid of it, well done, now you can do what no other member country can, increase the minimum wage.

UK min wage raised to about 1570€ per month.

Let's have a look at the charts:

That's strange, why do France and Germany have an equal minimum wage to the UK? That makes no sense.
    Thank you my friend from the mountains you confirm exactly the problem as the UK begins, in a Brexit benefit, to transition from a low wage economy to a high.

Imagine yourself a burger flipper in Romania working 40 hours a week on minimum wages of 500 euro pcm. Freedom of movement pre brexit allowed you to wizz across to the UK and triple your earnings overnight at the expense of the UK local population who said sod that, I'm not not getting out of bed to flip burgers for 1500 a month.

Brexit stops British business exploiting this cheap labour, forces burger bars to pay a living wage to local employees and allows the caring Conservatives, and Sir Keirs mob, to meet their aim of increasing the British minimum wage to £15 per hour or roughly 3000 euro per month.

Wowzer what a Brexit benefit for all that will be!

In other news about the global supply chain shipping/lorry driver shortages that affect the UK and the rest of the world, many here blame it on Brexit, I see that California has massive problems too, might not have enough Xmas trees, and American supermarket shelves might be empty soon...

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Living/co...ry?id=80298745

Go on someone give me a laugh please and continue to blame shortages in the UK on Brexit when it is a global problem.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Thank you my friend from the mountains you confirm exactly the problem as the UK begins, in a Brexit benefit, to transition from a low wage economy to a high.

Imagine yourself a burger flipper in Romania working 40 hours a week on minimum wages of 500 euro pcm. Freedom of movement pre brexit allowed you to wizz across to the UK and triple your earnings overnight at the expense of the UK local population who said sod that, I'm not not getting out of bed to flip burgers for 1500 a month.

Brexit stops British business exploiting this cheap labour, forces burger bars to pay a living wage to local employees and allows the caring Conservatives, and Sir Keirs mob, to meet their aim of increasing the British minimum wage to £15 per hour or roughly 3000 euro per month.

In other news about the global supply chain shipping/lorry driver shortages that affect the UK and the rest of the world, many here blame it on Brexit, I see that California has massive problems too, might not have enough Xmas trees, and American supermarket shelves might be empty soon...

Go on someone give me a laugh please and continue to blame shortages in the UK on Brexit when it is a global problem.
    I cant even read what you type anymore, the amount of half truths and bullshit coming from you is becoming a real issue.

15+ Year Old Account

Everyone here is well aware that you have no idea what regulations are and how the UK was governed while being part of the EU, you don't have to repeat it with every second post.

You have 42 hours work weeks? Talk about exploiting workers.

I would, but I am still laughing at your explanation that striking is the same thing as a labor shortage.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You have 42 hours work weeks? Talk about exploiting workers.
    I really hate to defend Dribbles /shudder, but his math is right.

If you look he's giving the hourly rate in Pounds and the approx monthly total in Euros (because why keep things simple >.>).

€3000 a month is €692.30 a week, that's £592.58 a week, which at £15 an hour is 39.5 hours worked.

OFC he makes no consideration for tax or pension contributions, and I could always be wrong on the math.

Funny how people try to push the "Shortages are EU wide" yeah the EU has a slight deficit on drivers. But compare EU to UK (Well GB, N.Ireland is immune from this for some reason that likely has to do with N.Ireland basically still inside the EU) it's like.

UK shortage 20%
    EU shortage 1-2%

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Funny how people try to push the "Shortages are EU wide" yeah the EU has a slight deficit on drivers. But compare EU to UK (Well GB, N.Ireland is immune from this for some reason that likely has to do with N.Ireland basically still inside the EU) it's like.

UK shortage 20%
    EU shortage 1-2%
    One reason for that is cabotage in the logistics industry in the single market being more flexible. Even when any one country in the EU has a shortage of drivers, they pull from a pool of logistics companies in the whole EU making further deliveries while they're already in a country, makes the overall situation more resilient to local shortages of goods like the UK is experiencing now, bar the odd strike like Dribbles linked to in Brussels.

The UK really do need foreign drivers to want to come back to the UK as part of their routes, but it'll need a more permanent solution than some temporary visas.
    Last edited by zealo; 2021-10-02 at 07:22 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    I really hate to defend Dribbles /shudder, but his math is right.

If you look he's giving the hourly rate in Pounds and the approx monthly total in Euros (because why keep things simple >.>).

€3000 a month is €692.30 a week, that's £592.58 a week, which at £15 an hour is 39.5 hours worked.

OFC he makes no consideration for tax or pension contributions, and I could always be wrong on the math.
    I used the 3k and just divided it, either your math is off or mine.

Now considering 692,30€ a week times 4 equals 2769,2€ I'd say your math is off. Though maybe the month in the UK has 4,5 weeks, then you're almost right.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ahh, that's it then, dividing the monthly figure doesn't work, you have to multiply it by 12 then divide that by 52.

Though I think we're both wasting our time by checking Dribbles math

15+ Year Old Account
    Ahh, that's it then, dividing the monthly figure doesn't work, you have to multiply it by 12 then divide that by 52.

Are you guys really paid per week, not per month?

For sure on the second part of your post, but I am drunk so might as well mathsturbate a bit.

Now considering 692,30€ a week times 4 equals 2769,2€ I'd say your math is off. Though maybe the month in the UK has 4,5 weeks, then you're almost right.
    Not to be a downer, but all months except February have more than 4 weeks. Most of them nearly have those 4,5 weeks (4,43 is close enough).

Are you guys really paid per week, not per month?
    That's the point. The pay is in months but if you want to know money per week, you have to do the math. Times 12 and then divided by 52 is correct.

No idea if the rest dribbles says outside his math is true or relevant. Seeing it is dribbles, probably not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    Not to be a downer, but all months except February have more than 4 weeks. Most of them nearly have those 4,5 weeks (4,43 is close enough).

That's the point. The pay is in months but if you want to know money per week, you have to do the math. Times 12 and then divided by 52 is correct.

No idea if the rest dribbles says outside his math is true or relevant. Seeing it is dribbles, probably not.
    Well, both of you are right.

Never math while drunk kids!

7+ Year Old Account

The exact maths to the penny/cent doesn't matter, it's the principle.

Talking of principles I hope our Boris mandates at the Tory conference this week that people declare on all future cv's how they voted at the referendum. You voted to remain? Fine we'll pay you at the rates of a Romanian fruit picker whilst Bob over there, who voted for Brexit, gets a 50% pay rise.

Surely remainers couldn't object to that, after all they voted to keep people poor.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"