View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by blapdris View Post
    -Snip-
    So, you're some other pro-Brexit poster who spams hundreds of accounts?

Weird.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-11-08 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blapdris View Post
    -snip-
    You said you're beginning to like Brexit... so adorable. Then again, you're also the same poster who got caught spamming a bunch of racist shit a while back. Oh, and you never did tell what your original account was?

Welcome to the forums!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Were you being sarcastic when you spammed all that racist stuff?

I get that you don't like being banned, but that was no reason to say all those things.
    You are getting two different poster confused. We have a pro-Brexit burner that constantly shows up and spouts nonsense. The person you are replying to is NOT him. I suspect he's another poster that was on this thread way back that is now banned. The style looks familiar to me. His post was in no way in favour of Brexit.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    You are getting two different poster confused. We have a pro-Brexit burner that constantly shows up and spouts nonsense. The person you are replying to is NOT him. I suspect he's another poster that was on this thread way back that is now banned. The style looks familiar to me. His post was in no way in favour of Brexit.
    Oh, I'm well aware of who he is, he's the one who tries to blame Democrats for not being liberal enough, so the only solution is to shill for Trump, until they embrace progressivism.

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    You realize this is the EU blocking the UK from participating, not the UK deciding they don’t want to?
    Just skimming the summary... is this actually the UK going "If you don't do what we want, we will refuse your 15bn free money?"

Like, yeah sure... please do. We can find other things to spend that money on, rest assured... sheesh.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Just skimming the summary... is this actually the UK going "If you don't do what we want, we will refuse your 15bn free money?"

Like, yeah sure... please do. We can find other things to spend that money on, rest assured... sheesh.
    No, this is the UK having signed up to several science investments as part of the Brexit deal. The £15bn was due to be paid by the UK to allow them to continue in those schemes. Refusing payment would lock them out of those schemes, which presumably were considered to be a good investment (because otherwise why agree to continue paying?)

But it's the Brexiteer standard play; point gun at own foot, threaten to pull trigger.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    In 2019, 43% of all UK exports went to the EU
    In 2019, 52% of all UK imports came from the EU

Can the UK afford to lose half of its total external trade?
    They wouldn't lose it. They would increase it!

With customs duties and taxes...

- - - Updated - - -

No, this is the UK having signed up to several science investments as part of the Brexit deal. The £15bn was due to be paid by the UK to allow them to continue in those schemes. Refusing payment would lock them out of those schemes, which presumably were considered to be a good investment (because otherwise why agree to continue paying?)

But it's the Brexiteer standard play; point gun at own foot, threaten to pull trigger.
    Oh, okay, that makes marginally more sense now. I thought for a second they completely lost it at Westminster. Mind you, it would not be the biggest surprise in all of this shitshow, so I'm prepared for a no-limit-stupid from the UK at any time.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

It's actually the EU going "if you don't start behaving, you can't get your 15bn into this incredible investing opportunity".

The EU has this program, to which the UK pledged 15bn, which would get them amazing perspectives from a university standpoint. It's incredible value for money. Now the EU says that if the UK does not uphold the brexit agreement, they will not permit the UK to participate.

To which Dribbles goes; "THE UK JUZT SAVED 15BN!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I believe this ties into the Cornwall news I posted yesterday.

Welsh Govt accuses UK of short-changing Wales with £46m EU funds replacement pilothttps://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/p...it-eu-22056209
    The Tories are shitting on people that voted for Brexit against their own financial best interests? I'm shocked, shocked! Well, not that shocked.

And in response the Tories spout more bollocks about "levelling up" and go back to figuring ways to grant public contracts to companies they've been paid to lobby for.

Taking back control. Brexit style. I never realised that the idea was to take back £350m a week and push it into the pockets of Tory donors. Was that part on the other side of the bus?

It's actually the EU going "if you don't start behaving, you can't get your 15bn into this incredible investing opportunity".

The EU has this program, to which the UK pledged 15bn, which would get them amazing perspectives from a university standpoint. It's incredible value for money. Now the EU says that if the UK does not uphold the brexit agreement, they will not permit the UK to participate.

I mean, fair enough. He is technically right. And tomorrow he'll start shitting on the EU, because "The evil EU is excluding the UK from academic programs as punishment!" I would be severely disappointed if he broke from his MO now.

- - - Updated - - -

Taking back control. Brexit style. I never realised that the idea was to take back £350m a week and push it into the pockets of Tory donors. Was that part on the other side of the bus?
    Serious questions, what did you think would happen? Just look at JRM... a sleezy personification of everything that's wrong with sleezy slimeball lawyers if ever I've seen one. I have many lawyer friends, but if I was an alien coming to Earth and you showed me JRM and said "that's a lawyer", I'd probably shoot every lawyer on the planet before I fucked off home, cos a civilisation that produces asshats like him isn't even worth enslaving...

7+ Year Old Account

We have plenty of global top universities already, if only the EU could say the same. It is EU universities at the bottom that will be affected more than top UK ones as the £15bn from the UK would be spread Europe wide.

Far better, in a brexit benefit, to keep all that money solely in the UK.

Boris rages at EU shooting itself in foot:- 1,000 universities across Europe wrote to the European Commission president, Ursula von der Leyen, to plead her to grant the UK access to Horizon.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...son-lord-frost

This is so very unbecoming eurochums, but we did warn the EU needs the UK more than the UK needs the EU. Can't say you weren't told...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    We have plenty of global top universities already, if only the EU could say the same. It is EU universities at the bottom that will be affected more than top UK ones as the £15bn from the UK would be spread Europe wide.

Far better, in a brexit benefit, to keep all that money solely in the UK.

Boris rages at EU shooting itself in foot:- 1,000 universities across Europe wrote to the European Commission president, Ursula von der Leyen, to plead her to grant the UK access to Horizon.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...son-lord-frost

This is so very unbecoming eurochums, but we did warn the EU needs the UK more than the UK needs the EU. Can't say you weren't told...
    Think carefully before answer this dribbles:

Is it wrong to not carry out the obligations you are legally required to when an agreement is signed between sovereign states? Because that's what you seem to be saying here; that the EU are in the wrong because they said they'd grant the UK access to Horizon as part of the Brexit negotiations, and they haven't done so yet.

I'm only asking, because you've repeatedly said that ignoring legal obligations is perfectly acceptable on the UK side, as they've repeatedly done with the NI Protocol. All the EU are doing is responding to those failures and holding up some of the things they should have done. Tit for tat.

And I'll ask a second question (which I've asked before, and you will ignore again): Were Johnson and Frost wrong to request this continued UK involvement with Horizon as part of the Brexit negotiations? Did they write something in that was a waste of money? Or was it not a waste of money, and this will cause further damage to the UK? Either our Brexit negotiation team were incompetent when they signed up to this, or they're incompetent risking our involvement now. Pick one.

But you won't. Because you ignore any fact that is incovenient to you. Lie and embellish to try and make Brexit look good, but fail repeatedly. Your arm must look like a Greek god by now, the amount of turd polishing you've been doing the last few months. But Brexit remains the stinky and slimey piece of shit it's always been. And more and more people are realising it. Seen the polls? Labour ahead. Boris trusted by fewer and fewer people. Your little experiment is falling apart around you. I wonder when you'll realise?

7+ Year Old Account
    Think carefully before answer this dribbles:

Is it wrong to not carry out the obligations you are legally required to when an agreement is signed between sovereign states? Because that's what you seem to be saying here; that the EU are in the wrong because they said they'd grant the UK access to Horizon as part of the Brexit negotiations, and they haven't done so yet.

I'm only asking, because you've repeatedly said that ignoring legal obligations is perfectly acceptable on the UK side, as they've repeatedly done with the NI Protocol. All the EU are doing is responding to those failures and holding up some of the things they should have done. Tit for tat.

And I'll ask a second question (which I've asked before, and you will ignore again): Were Johnson and Frost wrong to request this continued UK involvement with Horizon as part of the Brexit negotiations? Did they write something in that was a waste of money? Or was it not a waste of money, and this will cause further damage to the UK? Either our Brexit negotiation team were incompetent when they signed up to this, or they're incompetent risking our involvement now. Pick one.
    Our negotiators did what the European wide universities, including UK, asked for when offering to deliver funding of £15bn for Horizon in the false belief the EU were a good faith actor and despite the Brexit divorce the split was to be amicable. The fact this is now not likely to happen is on the EU, not the UK. However the UK is in a win win position, if it participates in Horizon that's still a UK win. If it doesn't then no matter, we get to keep £15bn and is still a win. Don't you see with Brexit you can never lose? Personally I would prefer the latter option.

But you won't. Because you ignore any fact that is incovenient to you. Lie and embellish to try and make Brexit look good, but fail repeatedly. Your arm must look like a Greek god by now, the amount of turd polishing you've been doing the last few months. But Brexit remains the stinky and slimey piece of shit it's always been. And more and more people are realising it. Seen the polls? Labour ahead. Boris trusted by fewer and fewer people. Your little experiment is falling apart around you. I wonder when you'll realise?
    I have seen the polls and there is nothing to suggest anything other than the usual mid term fatigue any serving government suffers. But, with the FTPA being removed, Boris can call the next election at any time of his choosing. I look forward to some juicy tax cuts served just prior. And Labour ahead? Hahaha, No chance what is their position on Brexit? They daren't utter the B word and are split and thoroughly frit.

I am sure the next election will still feature Brexit prominently, which will be very uncomfortable for Labour, as the Tories will make it so.

Rejoiners like you are in a no win position, they have no one to vote for and the Brexit matter is now settled for decades. Labour daren't talk about Brexit for fear of being punished again at the ballot box by formerly loyal red wall voters. Many of those who voted for remain at the referendum just wanted the status quo and would not vote to rejoin. Labours only hopes at the next election are to out Brexit the Tory party or face another defeat. Are the Islingtonistas going to do that? Lol no way, you might even be one of them!

Your position is hopeless Huey, if you wanted to remain an EU citizen you had five years notice to do something about it and didn't. There's always Ireland and the CTA still, considered taking it up? Might be your last chance...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Don't you see with Brexit you can never lose?
    Finally a dribbles quote that sums him up completely. Facts mean nothing. Implications are irrelevant. Failure is impossible. All hail the god-king Brexit, the infallible.

I take back my previous question, of when you will realise what a failure Brexit is, and replace it with another: When will you realise you're in a cult?

Are you hoping that we'll rescue you? Blink twice if they're holding you against your will.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1952442.html

Official estimates from the Office for Budget Responsibility point to a Brexit loss of more than £1,250 per person over the coming years – more than 178 times the most optimistic prediction for the benefits from the trade deals.
    Uh...that's not...good?

The analysis notes that the vast majority of FTAs announced by the government – such as those with South Korea, Singapore, or Vietnam – are simply attempts to replace treaties that those countries have with the EU, which Britain previously enjoyed as a member.
    Does anyone actually believe these are all "new" deals to begin with?

The tiny economic boost – amounting to just 0.01 to 0.02 per cent of GDP, and less than 50p per person a year – is dwarfed by the economic hit from leaving the EU, which the government estimates at 4 per cent of GDP over the same period.
    And that's...abysmal. Good luck non-Brexit folks, this is seeming like the disaster everyone was predicting.

But hey, at least British waters are for Britain now!...and a bunch of French ships that have licenses to fish there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1952442.html

Uh...that's not...good?

Does anyone actually believe these are all "new" deals to begin with?

And that's...abysmal. Good luck non-Brexit folks, this is seeming like the disaster everyone was predicting.

But hey, at least British waters are for Britain now!...and a bunch of French ships that have licenses to fish there.
    Them writing percent as two words is really annoying.

Also holy shit that's a lot of money lost

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Them writing percent as two words is really annoying.

Also holy shit that's a lot of money lost
    On the other hand, TIL where the coin term "cent" comes from. It's so obvious in hindsight, duh...

On the other hand, TIL where the coin term "cent" comes from. It's so obvious in hindsight, duh...
    Wait... you're saying you did not realize cent means 100 and that a cent refers to 1/100th of a whole?

This reminds me of 'How I met your mother's "blaring general knowledge gaps" episode xD

Another one most people don't realize is that breakfast is called breakfast because you break your nightly fast (period of no eating).
    Last edited by Veggie50; 2021-11-10 at 10:18 AM.

Wait... you're saying you did not realize cent means 100 and that a cent refers to 1/100th of a whole?

This reminds me of 'How I met your mother's "blaring general knowledge gaps" episode xD

Another one most people don't realize is that breakfast is called breakfast because you break your nightly fast (period of no eating).
    It's not that I didn't know per cent or the meaning of it. I have had Latin in high school after all. It's just that I didn't connect the dots between percentiles and 100 CENT being one dollar (or Euro now). You never had that? Where you have two perfectly independent pieces of information and suddenly you realise they're connected and it's kinda awesome and you feel kinda stupid for not seeing it earlier?

I knew the one about breakfast. I'm not completely uneducated lmao

It's not that I didn't know per cent or the meaning of it. I have had Latin in high school after all. It's just that I didn't connect the dots between percentiles and 100 CENT being one dollar (or Euro now). You never had that? Where you have two perfectly independent pieces of information and suddenly you realise they're connected and it's kinda awesome and you feel kinda stupid for not seeing it earlier?

I knew the one about breakfast. I'm not completely uneducated lmao
    Can’t help it, it tickles me xD