View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Denial about what? Just before the last General Election Ben Wallace set out his Brexit "no deal is better than a bad deal" quite clearly.

I respect the outcome of the referendum and want to see Brexit delivered. I do not want us to rule out a “no deal” exit.

If you support that position and agree with Ben Wallace, then you agree with me - Huey we are as one. Nothing to deny.
    Cute a link to his facebook page.

No deal is always better than a bad deal, it’s a pretty fucking vague statement. What defines a bad deal from his pov? Is a good deal a Norway deal for him? Is a bad deal a trade war?

I’d take a no deal over a bad deal when I buy a car, still a pretty fucking vague statement. No you wont get a facebook link to go with that.

For the EU brexit was done a long time, for some reason the brits are behaving as if they’re still in the EU and demanding their special status bullshit.
    Last edited by Crispin; 2022-07-08 at 02:56 PM.

So how's Brexit going everyone? Funny you should ask.

Travellers are facing lengthy delays at Dover. The Tories could have mitigated this as France made an offer to double the capacity of border operations at Dover WAY back in December 2020. But the Tories have got so used to saying "non" to anything the EU suggests that they missed the chance.

Brexit divorce bill increases massively. That would be the bill that dribbles assured us we would never pay? That we actually are paying. Hmm. So we've paying the price of Brexit of a 4% smaller economy, while also still paying into the EU. Wow, Brexit really is shafting us from both ends, isn't it?

The trade deal with Australia will damage UK food producers, due to it being rushed. Good job that they're currently trying to force it through without any parliamentary oversight, isn't it? Can't be because they're worried about shining a light on how shit this deal is going to be for us, can it?

Airlines blame flight chaos on Brexit. To the surprise of nobody with a functioning brain.

I'm pretty sure there are other negative stories floating around. It's getting increasingly hard to keep track of them all. And I haven't even mentioned a) Northern Ireland and the growing shitstorm around the Protocol and b) the two prospective PMs threatening to rip up all the EU "red tape". Which given Brexiteers track record of breaking things they don't understand and replacing them with something much, much worse should terrify everybody.

I'm sure that dribbles will now respond with some of his long list of Brexit benefits that totally does exist honest I'm not making this up really please believe me guys.....guys?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    So how's Brexit going everyone? Funny you should ask.

Travellers are facing lengthy delays at Dover. The Tories could have mitigated this as France made an offer to double the capacity of border operations at Dover WAY back in December 2020. But the Tories have got so used to saying "non" to anything the EU suggests that they missed the chance.

Brexit divorce bill increases massively. That would be the bill that dribbles assured us we would never pay? That we actually are paying. Hmm. So we've paying the price of Brexit of a 4% smaller economy, while also still paying into the EU. Wow, Brexit really is shafting us from both ends, isn't it?

The trade deal with Australia will damage UK food producers, due to it being rushed. Good job that they're currently trying to force it through without any parliamentary oversight, isn't it? Can't be because they're worried about shining a light on how shit this deal is going to be for us, can it?

Airlines blame flight chaos on Brexit. To the surprise of nobody with a functioning brain.

I'm pretty sure there are other negative stories floating around. It's getting increasingly hard to keep track of them all. And I haven't even mentioned a) Northern Ireland and the growing shitstorm around the Protocol and b) the two prospective PMs threatening to rip up all the EU "red tape". Which given Brexiteers track record of breaking things they don't understand and replacing them with something much, much worse should terrify everybody.

I'm sure that dribbles will now respond with some of his long list of Brexit benefits that totally does exist honest I'm not making this up really please believe me guys.....guys?
    Too slowly in my opinion. That's the only criticism you can level at Bojo and his Brexit opportunities minister Jacob Rees-Mogg who promised to rid all EU law from the UK by the middle of 2026. But Mad Liz is coming and when she is PM will supercharge this process with a sunset deadline that will mean all EU law that was in place for the last 40 years automatically expires by the end of next year unless beneficial to the UK

1000's and 1000's of EU laws that still applies to the UK Mad Liz will consign to the dustbin.

Liz Truss will promise on Saturday to scrap all EU regulations left on the UK statute book by next year if she becomes Prime Minister.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...eadership-race

Wonderful, even you will be able to find some benefits that seem illusive to you right now.

As for Dover, that's all down to the French who have had 6 years to prepare for Brexit, seems they still are not ready. If holiday makers from the UK are inconvenienced, and the French want to shoot their tourist industry in the foot, British tourists will avoid going to France in the future and choose another destination to spend their tourist dosh. Who can blame them? The French don't have a monopoly on sunshine and the pleasures of the grape you know.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

As for Dover, that's all down to the French who have had 6 years to prepare for Brexit, seems they still are not ready.
    I'm going to ignore the rest of your nonsense, but I won't let this blatant lie slide by unchecked.

The French offered to improve the capacity of Dover; WE IGNORED THEM. This problem would have been mitigated, but our government is incompetent (and a change of PM won't alter that). And they are STILL far ahead of us in terms of putting controls in place at the border. They've had theirs in place for some time now; JRM was recently heard to say that putting ours in place would be "a national act of self harm". Taking back control....by not taking back control. Sheesh.

Oh, and the government is about to be sued by the people that spent all that money on setting up the infrastructure to handle import controls that we're now saying we aren't going to bother with. So Brexit is going to cost us MORE money.

And if Truss does get rid of all those regulations, I predict a tsunami of lawsuits as everything descends into anarchy. Or they'll say they've "torn up" the EU regulations and just replace them with identically worded "UK" versions. Because working out what to get rid of turns out to be too complicated and tricky for them to do. Either option is probably equally likely, with this mob.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

I'm going to ignore the rest of your nonsense, but I won't let this blatant lie slide by unchecked.

The French offered to improve the capacity of Dover; WE IGNORED THEM. This problem would have been mitigated, but our government is incompetent (and a change of PM won't alter that). And they are STILL far ahead of us in terms of putting controls in place at the border. They've had theirs in place for some time now; JRM was recently heard to say that putting ours in place would be "a national act of self harm". Taking back control....by not taking back control. Sheesh.

Oh, and the government is about to be sued by the people that spent all that money on setting up the infrastructure to handle import controls that we're now saying we aren't going to bother with. So Brexit is going to cost us MORE money.

And if Truss does get rid of all those regulations, I predict a tsunami of lawsuits as everything descends into anarchy. Or they'll say they've "torn up" the EU regulations and just replace them with identically worded "UK" versions. Because working out what to get rid of turns out to be too complicated and tricky for them to do. Either option is probably equally likely, with this mob.
    Be careful, dribbles will now link some anti-EU russian funded research paper showing what France didnt do in 6 years.

7+ Year Old Account

The problem at Dover is caused by delays on the French side with a lack of French border control staff. Nothing to do with the UK. The French could have made this journey seamless by engaging sufficient staff to carry out the necessary checks. They did not. How can you blame this on the UK?

If it were possible you would have to ask the French authorities who benefits from tens of thousands of British people converting pounds to euros and then spending them in French gites and vineyards? That does not benefit Britain one little bit. A simple solution would be to close Dover on the UK side to tourist traffic until the French have in place the number of staff needed to process them. The UK were clearly ready for Brexit, the French are not.

Of course the consequence of this is less money for the EU tourist industry, and more for the UK as people choose to do what I would have done in the circumstances.

'We'll just go home and sit in the garden with a Pimms': Britons say they'll NEVER travel through Dover again and abandon all hope of making it to France after sitting in traffic all day

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...me-Brexit.html

Only one side loses from this and shoots themselves in the foot, it's not the UK.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

The problem at Dover is caused by delays on the French side with a lack of French border control staff. Nothing to do with the UK. The French could have made this journey seamless by engaging sufficient staff to carry out the necessary checks. They did not. How can you blame this on the UK?
    Again, I'll ignore the rest to focus on one key lie.

Where are the queues, dribbles? Are they in France? No, of course they fucking aren't, they're in Dover. Walk me through the hilarious mechanics of your brain that decided that a lack of staff in France caused a delay in Dover. Do you think they're queueuing in the English Channel? Are they under water, or on a bridge that you've conjured into existence?

The queues are in this country, where French staff check travellers before they head to France. And they told us nearly two years ago that the capacity wasn't enough to manage this process, and they offered to increase it. WE SAID NO.

Typical fucking Brexiteer. Never taking responsibility for anything bad happening. It's all the nasty evil EUs fault.

Your lies are pathetic. Transparent. Lazy. At least put some effort in before you spout the next one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Again, I'll ignore the rest to focus on one key lie.

Where are the queues, dribbles? Are they in France? No, of course they fucking aren't, they're in Dover. Walk me through the hilarious mechanics of your brain that decided that a lack of staff in France caused a delay in Dover. Do you think they're queueuing in the English Channel? Are they under water, or on a bridge that you've conjured into existence?

The queues are in this country, where French staff check travellers before they head to France. And they told us nearly two years ago that the capacity wasn't enough to manage this process, and they offered to increase it. WE SAID NO.

Typical fucking Brexiteer. Never taking responsibility for anything bad happening. It's all the nasty evil EUs fault.

Your lies are pathetic. Transparent. Lazy. At least put some effort in before you spout the next one.
    And where are the French border controls based? Dover not France.

'The Port of Dover is relieved that French border staff (Police Aux Frontieres) have been fully mobilised at French border controls in Dover (known as 'juxtaposed controls') on Saturday morning in order to get holidaymakers and freight vehicles moving and to relieve the disruption on the Dover and wider Kent community.

Stop being lazy and read the article.

And where are the French border controls based? Dover not France.

'The Port of Dover is relieved that French border staff (Police Aux Frontieres) have been fully mobilised at French border controls in Dover (known as 'juxtaposed controls') on Saturday morning in order to get holidaymakers and freight vehicles moving and to relieve the disruption on the Dover and wider Kent community.

Stop being lazy and read the article.
    AND THEY TOLD US WE NEEDED TO INCREASE CAPACITY 2 YEARS AGO AND WE DID NOTHING.

Fucking read the posts if you're going to reply to them. Stop lying.

Amazing analysis in that article:

Paul, who voted for Brexit:
    This volume of people is normal for Dover - they've coped with it before - so something must be different. I can only think there's a bit more formality now than there used to be.
    So, what do the other side say:
    "Two years ago the Tory British government decided not to give money to the Port of Dover to increase the number of kiosks there for French police.
    "Because of Brexit we need to have more checks on passports, so this is what your future will look like for years to come if you take no action."
    https://news.sky.com/story/traffic-a...blame-12657352

And here we see the dribbles tactics in action. Come in to defend justified criticism against an aspect of Brexit by lying about it. Get called out on the lies. Double down and try to cloud the fact that he's lying. Gets shown in a clear, objective way that he's lying. Vanishes into the mist until he pops up with a new thing to lie about.

It's pathetic. It's obvious. It's fooling nobody but himself. It's all he has left now; he can't argue whether Brexit is a success of failure on any objective metric, because all of them show that it's failed. So he can only lie, or talk about nebulous things like "taking back control". Or talk about vague future benefits, without a clear path to achieving them.

Brexiteers have damaged this country to an extent that would have been called treason not so long ago. And having damaged it they are now ignoring reality and demanding that we push on with their stupidity. They've driven a car into a wall, and are pressing their foot on the pedal. Telling us that the crash was actually good, and that we just need to get through these bricks and everything will be better. They're deluded, and need to be ignored if we're ever going to fix the damage they've done.

The sooner the largely old Brexiteers die off in sufficient numbers that we can forget about what they want, the better.

7+ Year Old Account

Fucking read the posts if you're going to reply to them. Stop lying.
    Nice to report that all is nearly back to normal at the port of Dover. All it required was the French to staff all the existing passport booths instead of half of them on the well predicted busiest weekend of the year. Well done Liz for having a word with the French and sorting it out. She will make a great PM.

British Foreign Secretary Liz Truss on Friday urged Paris to act to ease "unacceptable" delays at the English Channel port Dover, where officials blamed French border force understaffing for "ruining" summer getaways with hours-long queues.

https://www.france24.com/en/europe/2...-holiday-chaos

And for those trying to score political points by wrongly claiming the chaos on Brexit note the date of this pre-Brexit report of what happened on Fri 3 Jul 2015.

Cross-Channel lorry queue to cause delays until Monday

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...s-until-monday

Always problems at Dover in the summer, always down to some kind of French action. Brexit or no Brexit. Julia Hartley-Brewer summed the situation up best when she tweeted,

"Oh dear. When the French decide not to staff their borders adequately, it’s the fault of the British people for voting not to be ruled by the EU."

https://twitter.com/JuliaHB1/status/1550512911981895682

If only these remainers could move on from Brexit and accept reality, it's the new normal.

Last edited by dribbles; 2022-07-24 at 09:38 AM.

Nice to report that all is nearly back to normal at the port of Dover. All it required was the French to staff all the existing passport booths instead of half of them on the well predicted busiest weekend of the year. Well done Liz for having a word with the French and sorting it out. She will make a great PM.

British Foreign Secretary Liz Truss on Friday urged Paris to act to ease "unacceptable" delays at the English Channel port Dover, where officials blamed French border force understaffing for "ruining" summer getaways with hours-long queues.

And for those trying to score political points by wrongly claiming the chaos on Brexit note the date of this pre-Brexit report of what happened on Fri 3 Jul 2015.

Always problems at Dover in the summer, always down to some kind of French action. Brexit or no Brexit. Julia Hartley-Brewer summed the situation up best when she tweeted,

"Oh dear. When the French decide not to staff their borders adequately, it’s the fault of the British people for voting not to be ruled by the EU."

If only these remainers could move on from Brexit and accept reality, it's the new normal.

Oh look, he's regrouped, read an article on the Daily Mail and come back with a new "spin" on how it's totally the fault of the evil French, honest. Quelle surprise.

The UK wasn't prepared to pay enough to have sufficient manpower in Dover for the French checks. So they checks were inadequate, as they were warned back in 2020. I'm presuming that the UK have finally coughed up for the additional costs, which is probably going to be MORE than it should have been, since they'd have to bring in staff at short notice. That's likely to cost more, because France actually has decent labour laws, at least compared to ours.

And complaining about delays back in 2015, that was the situation after 5 days of strikes by French ferry workers? Are you really saying Brexit isn't a problem because it is only as bad as the time that transport between our two countries was shut down for the best part of a week? And you want us to accept this as "the new normal"? It isn't normal, it's terrible, and it's way past time you actually admit it.

Stop lying about Brexit. Just accept that it's shit. All this delusion can't be good for you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, he's regrouped, read an article on the Daily Mail and come back with a new "spin" on how it's totally the fault of the evil French, honest. Quelle surprise.

The UK wasn't prepared to pay enough to have sufficient manpower in Dover for the French checks. So they checks were inadequate, as they were warned back in 2020. I'm presuming that the UK have finally coughed up for the additional costs, which is probably going to be MORE than it should have been, since they'd have to bring in staff at short notice. That's likely to cost more, because France actually has decent labour laws, at least compared to ours.

And complaining about delays back in 2015, that was the situation after 5 days of strikes by French ferry workers? Are you really saying Brexit isn't a problem because it is only as bad as the time that transport between our two countries was shut down for the best part of a week? And you want us to accept this as "the new normal"? It isn't normal, it's terrible, and it's way past time you actually admit it.

Stop lying about Brexit. Just accept that it's shit. All this delusion can't be good for you.
    Not at all.

The central premis of your argument regarding delays at Dover was this.

Except of course now that traffic is flowing as normal again your argument that it was all down to Brexit and the UK "doing nothing" falls to pieces. Unless of course you think the UK government has magicked up a new ferry terminal at Dover and new passport booths in the last 48 hours or something to solve it. The infrastructure at Dover is fine, just accept it was down to the French only staffing 4/12 passport booths that caused all the problems on the well predicted busiest travel weekend of the year.

Families faced 30-hour queues while as few as four of 12 French border passport booths were opened at one time.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/192976...-travel-chaos/

Now they are staffing all 12 as they should have done at the start of the weekend all is well. Another project fear anti-Brexit remainer lie debunked...

Not at all.

The central premis of your argument regarding delays at Dover was this.

Except of course now that traffic is flowing as normal again your argument that it was all down to Brexit and the UK "doing nothing" falls to pieces. Unless of course you think the UK government has magicked up a new ferry terminal at Dover and new passport booths in the last 48 hours or something to solve it. The infrastructure at Dover is fine, just accept it was down to the French only staffing 4/12 passport booths that caused all the problems on the well predicted busiest travel weekend of the year.

Families faced 30-hour queues while as few as four of 12 French border passport booths were opened at one time.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/192976...-travel-chaos/

Now they are staffing all 12 as they should have done at the start of the weekend all is well. Another project fear anti-Brexit remainer lie debunked...
    Do people work for nothing in your magic world dribbles? Do staff not generate costs? No wonder you get confused about the failure of Brexit, you don't understand how the world works at all.

Oh, and the delays may be easing, but they are STILL substantial. People are taking hours to get through at Dover, and are still taking hours to get through the queue to get there.

So it hasn't magically been fixed. But it has been eased by the French increasing the amount of staff available, presumably because the UK has finally coughed up the additional funds to cover it. Which they could have done BEFORE this problem manifested, but chose not to.

STOP. FUCKING. LYING.

I've no idea how Hue even summons the energy to deal with this. I decided when you first started that you were obviously a persona account and it genuinely mystifies me as to why anyone tries to engage with you on a good faith level.

Anyway I'd personally like to thank you for your commitment to your art and how your satire truly highlights how brain dead any Brexiteer is. I just wish your critics were capable of realising that you were the Jonathan Swift of the politics forum and everything you post is a modern interpretation of "A Modest Proposal".
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2022-07-24 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    I've no idea how Hue even summons the energy to deal with this. I decided when you first started that you were obviously a persona account and it genuinely mystifies me as to why anyone tries to engage with you on a good faith level.

Anyway I'd personally like to thank you for your commitment to your art and how your satire truly highlights how brain dead any Brexiteer is. I just wish your critics were capable of realising that you were the Jonathan Swift of the politics and everything you post is a modern interpretation of "A Modest Proposal".
    I thought the same as you way back when. Was it satire? Was it genuine? There were a couple of points where the mask slipped on his posts, and what lurks behind suggests that there is nothing clever or satirical about what he's doing here.

And at the end of the day, if this is someone trying to make Brexiteers look stupid then sure, he's doing a good job. But he's doing it by spraying around an enormous amount of disinformation and lies. So regardless of what his intent is, the end result is a chain of stupid stories about the EU designed to make anyone reading them angry at those damn "forerners". Which for those who can remember that far back, is pretty much what our pal Boris was doing back in the 1990s. Which was a major reason for the Brexit vote winning.

So I'll keep on calling him out, regardless of the motives behind it. Because the lies he continues to spout can't be allowed to stand unchallenged. I'm not doing it for him, because whether he's a joke poster or.....a joke poster, he isn't going to change his mind. That's painfully clear. But I'll post for everyone else that pokes their nose into this thread, so they can get a better idea of what's actually happening, and maybe they'll have an answer when their friend/relative/workmate spouts the same crap that dribbles does.

But yes, it's tiring.

Over how exactly?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...channel-delays

Eventually it will be over, people do not leave for holidays every day of the week, but it’s obvious that it’s brexit, not the french, covid or Ukraine, but just brexit.

The “taking back control of borders” works both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    \\
    What's more surprising is that the mods here haven't figured it out yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    What's more surprising is that the mods here haven't figured it out yet.
    Generating site traffic through constant trolling/delusion is a helluva drug. The Star Citizen thread is another standout example.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.