View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    drivel
    Unlike you, who demonstrated to not being able to count to 12, people can do basic math about GDP sizes, shipping costs and geographical proximity.

Again. Your opinions would be worth something if you could actually count to 12.

Also, remember when you kept fantasizing about America coming to your rescue and the US went like..."Tariff the UK + we will completely shit on you if dare fuck with the Good Friday Agreement."

Remember that?

This is the best you have now? Fantasizing about some fringe idea for a trade zone that everyone abandoned 50 years ago? That's the best you got?
    Last edited by Elder Millennial; 2023-03-30 at 02:44 PM.

Trump did that and Biden is too weak to reverse it, so for now they are not in the CPTPP but never say never.

And people have to face the facts in the west, particularly Europe including Britain and the EU. 100 years ago Europe represented almost a quarter of the worlds population, now it's not a tenth, in another hundred years its percent of global population is projected to halve again from today. Not only that but with an aging population and a demographic time bomb the majority of Europeans will be geriatric compared to the new world that is growing far more rapidly than the old.
    A 100 years ago the Untied Kingdom was about 2.5% of the world's population, now it is less than 1%.

The total GDP in the world has increased 21 times over during that time, in the UK less than 8 times, and the UK now has exports as a slightly smaller share of GDP than hundred years ago, whereas it has increased significantly for the world as a total.

So, why would the world outside Europe need the UK?

Brexiteers like me truly are the visionaries of our times
    And like all true visionaries they are unimpaired by such obstacles as facts, logic, and common decency!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    A 100 years ago the Untied Kingdom was about 2.5% of the world's population, now it is less than 1%.

The total GDP in the world has increased 21 times over during that time, in the UK less than 8 times, and the UK now has exports as a slightly smaller share of GDP than hundred years ago, whereas it has increased significantly for the world as a total.

So, why would the world outside Europe need the UK?

And like all true visionaries they are unimpaired by such obstacles as facts, logic, and common decency!
    I agree with what you say and in answer to your question would go further by asking, why would the world outside of Europe need anywhere in Europe in future?

Let's pause for a moment and congratulate our wise Liz Truss, who had the foresight to capitalise on the Brexit opportunities that allowed the signing of this historic agreement last night, as Brexit Britain formally joins the world's fastest growing and biggest trade bloc.

A greater validation of Brexit you will not find.

https://facts4eu.org/news/2023_mar_brexit_bonanza

13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree with what you say and in answer to your question would go further by asking, why would the world outside of Europe need anywhere in Europe in future?
    The EU has agreements with every CPTPP country but Brunai. Yeah, it needs to join yesterday at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    The EU has agreements with every CPTPP country but Brunai. Yeah, it needs to join yesterday at best.
    He tries to find something postive, anything really! to feel validated in voting for the clusterfuck named Brexit.

https://www.iod.com/news/global-busi...the-uk-really/

However, CPTPP has expressed the UK should fully accept and commit to complying to the existing rules of the agreement. Therefore, since the government cannot negotiate terms, the question is what will the UK have to sacrifice in order to qualify?

For example, there have been concerns raised that joining CPTPP will lead to the lowering of food standards. Central to this is that if we continue alignment with the EU on Sanitary and Phytosanitary measures, there would be a discrepancy in SPS measures between the UK and CPTPP members. UK farms have emphasised the impact that signing trade deals with countries who are big exporters of agriculture would have on UK industry.

Another significant concern surrounds Intellectual Property (IP), and the need to protect our standards. IP contributes significantly to UK innovation and productivity. Currently, the UK is a member of the European Patent Convention (EPC), which supports particularly creative industries, but also research, tech, and innovation businesses. There are inconsistencies between CPTPP rules on IP and the EPC, which, if the UK had to cede membership to the EPC, would impact growth of British businesses.
    Man, and this article is from last fuckin year, rofl.

So 9 of the 11 countries we already have trade agreements.
    Not even close to the GPD of the EU
    Other side of the world so trade is more difficult.
    Had no say in how any of the rules were set, where in the EU the UK helped write all the rules.
    Lower standards than the EU have to be followed via the rules of being part of this trade block.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news

I’m assuming this isn’t the Brexit Brexiteers voted for

Also, I suspect it’s just a teething problem and the darn French being difficult. It’s not as if actually having to e.g.,stamp passports should make the process slower than not having to. No. /sarcasm

My youngest has been stuck on a coach in Dover since 8.30 yesterday morning, waiting for a ferry. They’re still waiting for a ferry 24 hrs later.

Great to be in control of our borders isn’t it. Immigration at an all time high and can’t take a ferry to France.
    Last edited by LeGin v3; 2023-04-02 at 02:34 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin v3 View Post

Also, I suspect it’s just a teething problem and the darn French being difficult. It’s not as if actually having to e.g.,stamp passports should make the process slower than not having to. No.

My youngest has been stuck on a coach in Dover since 8.30 yesterday morning, waiting for a ferry. They’re still waiting for a ferry 24 hrs later.

Great to be in control of our borders isn’t it. Immigration at an all time high and can’t take a ferry to France.
    Isn't it likely that with the ongoing civil unrest and rioting in that part of the EU, security staff have been diverted away from the borders to control the widespread unrest amongst the local population? Not sure how that's related to or a consequence of Brexit.

I understand "danger tourism" is in the news at the moment but hopefully the lesson has been learnt for next year, in a future win for Brexit Britain, that a weekend in Bognor here in the peaceful, contented, safe and sunlit Brexit uplands may be more enjoyable.

I, like most sensible and responsible people including King Charles would have heeded updated Foreign Office advise regarding violent protests in parts of the EU and cancelled, or diverted and gone to Holland via Harwich if the journey was truly necessary.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    Was fun to see Charles speaking his native tongue again a few days ago.

Also, I suspect it’s just a teething problem and the darn French being difficult. It’s not as if actually having to e.g.,stamp passports should make the process slower than not having to. No.

I am sorry to hear that this has happened to your youngster, they must be losing their minds out of boredom, it's our end as seen in this snippet;

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Was fun to see Charles speaking his native tongue again a few days ago.
    Plus his speech essentially being the UK Government begging Europe to like them again.

Isn't it likely that with the ongoing civil unrest and rioting in that part of the EU, security staff have been diverted away from the borders to control the widespread unrest amongst the local population?
    Ummm, no. I'd suggest extremely unlikely as the cause of the problem but would like to see evidence to the contrary.

Bognor... home of that unique and treasured antiquity: The Bognor Tapestry. Well worth a visit. Bognor vs Bayeux.... hmms, let's see. Can't take you seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    I am sorry to hear that this has happened to your youngster, they must be losing their minds out of boredom, it's our end as seen in this snippet
    Yep, sorry, was being facetious above. Edited for clarity. Of course it's our fault. Suella Braverman urging travellers to be a "bit patient". lol

Ummm, no. I'd suggest extremely unlikely as the cause of the problem but would like to see evidence to the contrary.

Bognor... home of that unique and treasured antiquity: The Bognor Tapestry. Well worth a visit. Bognor vs Bayeux.... hmms, let's see. Can't take you seriously.

Yep, sorry, was being facetious above. Edited for clarity. Of course it's our fault. Suella Braverman urging travellers to be a "bit patient". lol
    No worries, personally I was lucky that my partner is foreign, we were looking to buy a house in the UK but in the end have decided to move to his country and he wanted us to be together so he said we should get married.
    Last edited by Kiria; 2023-04-02 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    I am sorry to hear that this has happened to your youngster, they must be losing their minds out of boredom, it's our end as seen in this snippet;

This is the big problem. How can you solve a problem, if you're denying what's causing it?

And going back to the CPTPP, the governments own figures suggest that it will add 0.08% to GDP by 2035. Which doesn't really offset the 4-5.5% fall in GDP that Brexit has caused. It's like lopping off one of your own legs, then declaring how brilliant it is that you've managed to recover part of one toenail.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    This is the big problem. How can you solve a problem, if you're denying what's causing it?

And going back to the CPTPP, the governments own figures suggest that it will add 0.08% to GDP by 2035. Which doesn't really offset the 4-5.5% fall in GDP that Brexit has caused. It's like lopping off one of your own legs, then declaring how brilliant it is that you've managed to recover part of one toenail.
    No legs lopped off at all though. We still have a trade agreement with the EU, even though their share of world trade is expected to decline, no change there then. The CPTPP, whose share of world trade is expected to rise quickly and significantly, is on top of the existing EU arrangements.

Brexit just keeps on winning where it matters...

Trade deal facts to counter the Rejoiner fiction

The UK now has free trade agreements in force with 94 countries around the world, including the 27 countries which are members of the European Union.
    Wow, if you take those 27 out of the 94 that the UK has that brings the UK down from the impressive 94 down to a paltry 67, and last I checked 67 < 79.

Also, since when is the number of free trade agreements specifically a bragworthy measure? Who are these agreements with? What's the trade volume in question? Lots of actually contextual information to give the number literally any value but it seems that the website has not bothered to include any of them.

Rofl, as expected, just "BIG AND DISHONEST NUMBER GOOD" with literally zero thought beyond that.

I wonder what Dribbles will say when he learns Craphols* plans to axe 40% of there revenue, another Brexit benefit?
    *Craphol = Schiphol. Doing there uttermost best in beating Brexit in sinking themselves asap.

15+ Year Old Account
    No legs lopped off at all though. We still have a trade agreement with the EU, even though their share of world trade is expected to decline, no change there then. The CPTPP, whose share of world trade is expected to rise quickly and significantly, is on top of the existing EU arrangements.

Brexit just keeps on winning where it matters...

Trade deal facts to counter the Rejoiner fiction
    Wait what? You count each member state separately to beat the EU in free trade agreements? Cool so each member beats the UK by 12 free trade agreements, 27 countries have better trade terms than the UK. Brexit best!
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Wait what? You count each member state separately to beat the EU in free trade agreements? Cool so each member beats the UK by 12 free trade agreements, 27 countries have better trade terms than the UK. Brexit best!
    Well each EU country have got trade deals with every other EU country, so it's 27 countries that has 26 trade deals within the EU, so 27 countries times 26 trade deals = 702 trade deals, and that's just within the EU, lol the UK is missing out bigtime.

Obviously quality and relevance matters here. Dribbles simple mind think it's a quantity game

Hilarious how your source writes like this tho

The EU has just 79 and many of these are looser arrangements
    Surely an objective source lol. Apparently they're so business savvy and their content so desirable that they even write

Facts4EU.Org needs you today

We are a 'not for profit' team (we make a loss)
    It's very possible to have a nonprofit group that could, I don't know, donate their profits to the british fishermen hit by brexit.

Instead they sit in their basements, and blame their misfortune on ze germanz.