View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    However, the challenge of a fragmented London ecosystem creates a great opportunity for the EU27: to establish a financial centre on European mainland. This opportunity is present
    in any scenario, except possibly the ‘EEA membership’ scenario. There will be costs involved in the short run in increasing capacity, infrastructure and technology and in the relocation of
    firms, but these costs are one-off and not insurmountable. The benefits lie in the long run, in economic growth, the attraction of a skilled workforce and increased tax earnings
    Just one of the points made in the report Dribbles so helpfully linked.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibblewink View Post
    Just one of the points made in the report Dribbles so helpfully linked.
    My belief that Dribbles is someone that supports Remain and is trying to undermine the Leavers by playing a caricature of a Brexit loon seems more likely by the day.

Either that or he's a bloated idiot that neither reads nor understands the things he links. It may be a coin toss.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    My belief that Dribbles is someone that supports Remain and is trying to undermine the Leavers by playing a caricature of a Brexit loon seems more likely by the day.

Either that or he's a bloated idiot that neither reads nor understands the things he links. It may be a coin toss.
    Or they have no stake in this and just get off on the attention, which to me seems far more likely. In honesty though they do demonstrate the values of the old school troll which was more influenced by being satirical and seeing how far they could push the envelope before people twigged that that they were being trolled. Which in turn is the saddest thing about this topic because people still bother to respond to the point of writing walls of text at a persona.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Or they have no stake in this and just get off on the attention, which to me seems far more likely. In honesty though they do demonstrate the values of the old school troll which was more influenced by being satirical and seeing how far they could push the envelope before people twigged that that they were being trolled. Which in turn is the saddest thing about this topic because people still bother to respond to the point of writing walls of text at a persona.
    We've called him out within the first three pages of this thread or so... trolls become rather unfunny if they don't stop doing their shit after being called out. And then a troll simply becomes the biggest asshole on the forum.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    So you want a deal now dribbles?
    Of course not. I am just highlighting how weak the EU position is, I never said I wanted the Jersey model as a copy and paste.

The UK has said for months to the EU "offer us a deal?" and each time they have come along with non non non nothing. The UK says ok no problem it's WTO we go and now with the clock ticking, almost hour by the hour, concession after concession is spewing from the EU in a never ending torrent.

What a shower, if only they had offered some of this to Cameron prior to the referendum being called they wouldn't be in such desperate straits right now.

Too little too late, actions or inaction in this case has consequences, it will cost them billions.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Of course not. I am just highlighting how weak the EU position is, I never said I wanted the Jersey model as a copy and paste.
    Keep the faith, Dribs. Keep the faith...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Keep the faith, Dribs. Keep the faith...
    Don't worry the faith is strong. Here is something for you to lose some sleep over and an explanation of why the EU will cave on passporting next. It will affect all EU pensioners, including German ones like you :P (And in the spirit of balance comes from possibly the most pro remain media in the UK)

Andrew Bailey, the head of the FCA, in March: “Insurers in the UK and the European Economic Area may not be able to pay claims, or receive premiums from policyholders in the other jurisdiction. In the UK this could affect around £27bn of insurance liabilities and 10 million policyholders, while in the EEA the numbers could be around £55bn of liabilities and 38 million policyholders.”

Everybody assumes the cliff edge will be avoided, not least because the EU has more to lose than the UK. Dutch pensioners whose funds are backed by UK insurance companies will want their pensions to arrive without interruption, for example.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...-before-brexit

Finally an admission from the remain side that the EU need the UK more than the UK needs the EU.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

We've called him out within the first three pages of this thread or so... trolls become rather unfunny if they don't stop doing their shit after being called out. And then a troll simply becomes the biggest asshole on the forum.
    Yet you still respond to it. Gleefully at times because they give you the target you want to hit. I'm not asking for empathy or sympathy or anything like that but you have to know that no real person could be this ridiculous....ok scratch that it's 2018 and we now know people are this ridiculous.....but they aren't here in this thread....well apart from Floopa who has managed to outdo the person who just comes to troll with their awful position.

Either way stop feeding it.

Yet you still respond to it. Gleefully at times because they give you the target you want to hit. I'm not asking for empathy or sympathy or anything like that but you have to know that no real person could be this ridiculous....ok scratch that it's 2018 and we now know people are this ridiculous.....but they aren't here in this thread....well apart from Floopa who has managed to outdo the person who just comes to troll with their awful position.

Either way stop feeding it.
    I'm not feeding the troll. I'm continually showing him up for the passive readers that already have trouble distinguishing bullshit from reality. I mean, what do you think the Sun, Express and the other tabloids in the UK live from? Yes, feeding bullshit to the masses. Now, don't tell me people aren't reading it, because they are published in bigger numbers than the FT. Someone is reading it. So someone needs help and pointing out what is fantasy and what is real.

I'm not feeding the troll. I'm continually showing him up for the passive readers that already have trouble distinguishing bullshit from reality. I mean, what do you think the Sun, Express and the other tabloids in the UK live from? Yes, feeding bullshit to the masses. Now, don't tell me people aren't reading it, because they are published in bigger numbers than the FT. Someone is reading it. So someone needs help and pointing out what is fantasy and what is real.
    Yes they have massive readerships, unlike this topic which has about 10 people in it. No one who comes to this topic needs help writing off dribbles.

Yes they have massive readerships, unlike this topic which has about 10 people in it. No one who comes to this topic needs help writing off dribbles.
    If that's the case, why do you care so much then? Ah, there you go...

I'm not feeding the troll.
    Keep telling yourself that. This thread is you Floopa and Dribbles in an endless circle jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    They are not even a fifth of the posts in this thread.
    How do you see that? When I come in here its most of what I see :P

10+ Year Old Account
    If that's the case, why do you care so much then? Ah, there you go...
    I would like to thank you for your service and sacrifice in this thread. Since the mods wont take action, its up to posters to call out this bad faith posting.

Same thing in the Mueller thread. There's like 1 guy that just goes "nah nah nah cant hear you".

Seriously by banning like 2 users they could really clean up this place.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    How do you see that? When I come in here its most of what I see :P
    people are just upset that the correct position was to leave the eu.

it's understandable why people would be upset, but we're leaving now and come next march we will be out of the eu.

imagine waking up 1st April, the sun will be shining, the birds will be chirping, and the UK will be enjoying post-Brexit life at the sea side
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Seriously by banning like 2 users they could really clean up this place.
    imagine being this person, who wants to ban certain opinions because he/she doesn't like them.

2018 btw

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    people are just upset that the correct position was to leave the eu.

it's understandable why people would be upset, but we're leaving now and come next march we will be out of the eu.

imagine waking up 1st April, the sun will be shining, the birds will be chirping, and the UK will be enjoying post-Brexit life at the sea side

imagine being this person, who wants to ban certain opinions because he/she doesn't like them.

2018 btw
    I'll never get past the post you made about voting to leave the EU but having a French gf and going there is your backup if it goes wrong.

You lost all credibility in my eyes in that moment. I've never really read anything of yours since. I don't suppose you care, nor should you but whatever.

Basic math? 8038 posts in the thread, those three have 654, 539 and 223.
    Let me rephrase that, how do you see how many posts they have in the thread? I think I can figure out the basic maths part.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I'll never get past the post you made about voting to leave the EU but having a French gf and going there is your backup if it goes wrong.

You lost all credibility in my eyes in that moment. I've never really read anything of yours since. I don't suppose you care, nor should you but whatever.
    your loss, because most of my predictions about these negotiations have happened.

a "people's vote" on our Brexit deal is now 48%/34% in favour/not in favour, but that means nothing.

i fully expect the eu to make big concessions though, there was something saying they would offer us EEA+ membership which is sm/cu etc.

EU member states are reportedly willing to consider a Brexit deal which allowed Britain to remain in the single market for goods and services, according to a report.

Member states would demand that the UK replicated all environmental, social, and customs rules in return, however.

The UK parliament would be likely to reject such a deal on the grounds it would keep Britain to closely linked to the EU and limit the country's ability to strike new free trade deals.
    oh look, concessions

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    oh look, concessions
    Yeah, concessions, you just don't understand from whom, but how would you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

On Politics, next to the thread title on the box to the right you can see replies and views. Click on replies. It will show you all posters in the thread and their number of posts on a pop-up window. If you click on their number of posts you also get a separate popup showing all their replies in this thread.
    It's a useful tool when you enter a very long thread and want to ascertain the positions of a specific poster.
    And sorry for the snark, haven't had my coffee yet.
    For me, those replies and views are unresponsive.