View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Deleted
    I remember browsing these boards shortly after the result in 2016, which became an echo chamber of upset Europeans giving their expert political knowledge about a country they know nothing about and will soon have no relation to, on an MMO gaming forum.

I am genuinely amazed that here we are two and half years later, in a thread that has reached nearly 600 pages, we have the same usernames who are still upset about it.

I think you need to get over it and move on. It's not healthy.

And besides, you still have these fun events to look forward to within the EU:

- Fragmentation of the Eurozone and the end of the Euro currency.
    - Impending and ongoing economies circling the drain in the case of Greece, Italy, Ireland and Germany.
    - Migrant crisis which may have slowed, but is not going away any time soon.
    - Sweden becoming traditionally, lawfully and ethnically unrecognizable.
    - France is burning (again).
    - Oppression of Catalonia.
    - Right and far-right political parties advancing in just about every country.
    - Intention to bring in countries like Serbia, Macedonia ect which will drain the already controversial and bloated European Budget.
    - Spain electing fascists into parliament for the first time in many decades.
    - EU's stated intention to take direct control of individual state's taxes.
    - Attempts to kill democracy in Poland and Hungary.
    - Eastern bloc under perpetual alert of Russia doing something stupid.

...these are just from the top of my head. Seems like Brexit is pretty low on your list of problems.

But don't mind any of this. Carry on as you are. Smoke 'n mirrors and all that.
    Last edited by mmoc1e668ebde8; 2018-12-13 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Did you not notice Dribbles posting almost exclusively from the Mail, the Express and whatever other nonsense paper he can get his hands on? Who else is going to support his crazy?
    You guys are blowing my mind right now. Like I've had this all wrong. dribbles is a satirical take on a Brexiteer so it made perfect sense to me that they would be linking from other sources of satire.

Are you guys sure about this? For the realzies?

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    So on top of the fact that this gigantic cunt is tweeting things like this, his bio explains how he is the "brains" behind the austerity that the Tories decided to treat us to, which has killed so many people in the last 8 years. He is literally bragging about this.

The police need to investigate him for the Croydon cat murders. He fits the profile perfectly. Charmless sociopath. I hope karma takes him without lube.
    I can't believe that you are using that vile and disgusting tweet as ammunition against the Tories.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    WTF is wrong with certain people. Is he basically pushing the conspiracy that Cox was murdered by a remainer to get Remain to win?
    It is appalling. I think he is trying to imply that Jo Cox not been murdered Leave would have won more comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I can't believe that you are using that vile and disgusting tweet as ammunition against the Tories.
    I'm only happy to let it slide because there is so much ammo around to throw at the Tories that this isn't needed....but then again this is Corbyn's Labour and as the old saying goes "You can lead a horse to the ammo dump and equip it with the world's deadliest armaments so that slaying it's opposition should be a sure thing but at the end of the day it's still a fucking horse and it doesn't even have hands so good luck with that". Well I think that's a saying anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    You guys are blowing my mind right now. Like I've had this all wrong. dribbles is a satirical take on a Brexiteer so it made perfect sense to me that they would be linking from other sources of satire.

Are you guys sure about this? For the realzies?
    Let me just say this... I've met trolls for the better part of 20 years on the internet. I know how they operate, I have developed a pretty good tolerance for them, ie. I get bored easily, once I see through them. Dribbles? I think he's not trolling. That in itself says a lot about how I judge him. But I actually think he's genuinely... well, sold on the idea, let's just call it that. See, the true goal of a troll is to at some point reveal himself and have everyone feel very stupid about themselves. That's the whole point. I don't see him doing it. He's not even throwing hints. Everytime you bait him, he doubles down.

If he is a troll, he's got my respect for the longest troll I've yet witnessed. But unfortunately, I don't think that's going to happen. And at some point it's even lost the humour in the scheme, especially since his facade dropped a few times already and the vile hatred showed. He hates people, he hates British people. He hates rules and people who like a country to run in an orderly fashion. My current theory is that he's a hardcore anarchist misanthrope. Not the one we got on this forum often, debating anarchy, because they find the idea fascinating and want to talk about the feasibility of it. No, he actually wants to see his own nation burn to the ground (if he is indeed British). So, yeah, I'm pretty sure.

I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. And by now, I think when all of this is over and he goes "Haha, I was just joking!" I'm inclined to disbelieve him and think it's just the same old cheap excuse people use when they finally realise just how stupid they acted. Or he'll vanish without a trace, never to be heard of again.
    Last edited by Slant; 2018-12-14 at 01:26 AM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    It is appalling. I think he is trying to imply that Jo Cox not been murdered Leave would have won more comfortably.
    He’s not implying it, he’s stating it.

A while ago, you nonsensed the idea that in the event of no deal there would be riots / civil disobedience / worse. I think you said “a few demonstrations”. Can’t find the post.

Are you sure about this?

We’ve already had a poster in this thread saying that deaths as a result of problems with the import of medicines would be acceptable.

You think a few polite marches in central London would be the upshot?

The U.K. is on the verge of tearing itself apart. That is why, as someone who supports remain, I’m seriously considering supporting May’s deal in an effort to avoid this. I am sure this is also one of the driving factors behind her obstinate and seemingly arrogant determination to drive this deal through.
    You can't really dust for vomit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    The U.K. is on the verge of tearing itself apart. That is why, as someone who supports remain, I’m seriously considering supporting May’s deal in an effort to avoid this. I am sure this is also one of the driving factors behind her obstinate and seemingly arrogant determination to drive this deal through.
    As someone who supported remain I can not support this deal or any deal that removes any kind of free movement. I have too much family in Greece, Netherlands, Germany and others where not just me but generation below me in nephews and nieces can quite frankly be needed to up and move for months on end and work/be educated in these countries. If that means that Northern Ireland joins the Republic and Scotland going its own way then so be it.

As for the country tearing itself apart. Well the blame is on the Tories and the hardcore brexiteers, including Dribbles. It's not up to our side to be the better man and accept loss of rights. It's up to them to say how losing our rights is good for us, which in history of forever has never been a good thing.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46560807

Pretty much confirms that may wasted her time again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TykaineJ View Post
    I remember browsing these boards shortly after the result in 2016
    Curious that a 2 month old account remembers events from over 2 years ago.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Curious that a 2 month old account remembers events from over 2 years ago.
    Yeah, it's weird... almost like people can read the board without creating an account. You should report that, it's probably not intended.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

I remember browsing these boards shortly after the result in 2016, which became an echo chamber of upset Europeans giving their expert political knowledge about a country they know nothing about and will soon have no relation to, on an MMO gaming forum.
    Who would have thought that people who live in the real world, also play games, shocking I know!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Wasn't she a remainer?
    She was... and now she's the perfect example of how power corrupts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    As in, are there disaster capitalists who supported the Brexit campaign financially and then traded against GBP? I know I've read articles on at least a couple, maybe our British friends can help us with that.
    Oh, I'm sure there are those, but if Johnsson, Farage or Reese-Mogg actually directly profited from this, I don't see how this can not be a clear cut case of fraud. Actual, literal fraud. They make promises they have no intentions to fulfill to get the other side to do something that will directly increase their wealth... it's not legalese, but that's the basic criteria you need for fraud where I'm from. This case would be a very scaled up version of it, because they literally defraud an entire nation, but still...

I don't see it as fraud. They are politicians. Their accountability here is entirely political. They only got a single vote in the referendum and every one of us votes with some conflict of interest.
    Politicians get a lot of leeway in the form of promises, but I think these guys have crossed the line from "honest promise that just didn't work out" to "they knew it was impossible and they couldn't fulfill". Especially if they directly profited from this, which is my original question. Is there evidence of that?

Imagine a weird scenario to illustrate my point: I am a broker and want to make money, so I invest into short selling of a certain pharma company doing profit with one type of pill, go into politics, get voted and outlaw that pill. Boom, I'm rich. That's the type of scenario I see here, only on such a grand scale that most people don't even think about it.

I don't see how we should absolve politicians from all accountability just because they're politicians.
    Last edited by Slant; 2018-12-14 at 12:21 PM.

The accountability they hold is that they fucked up and should not get reelected but that is up to the people. If the people keep voting for them, it's out of our hands. If a company is nearly bankrupt yet the shareholders keep electing the same board, it's not up to us, it's up to the shareholders why they make that choice.
    I edited the post to make it more clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    He’s not implying it, he’s stating it.

A while ago, you nonsensed the idea that in the event of no deal there would be riots / civil disobedience / worse. I think you said “a few demonstrations”. Can’t find the post.

Are you sure about this?

We’ve already had a poster in this thread saying that deaths as a result of problems with the import of medicines would be acceptable.

You think a few polite marches in central London would be the upshot?

I was trying to be diplomatic.

Yes, I am. I think it is important to remember that we all, to some extent, live in our little bubbles and what is important to us is not necessarily important to everyone else and from my experience those of us who talk about and take more than passing interest in Brexit are a minority. It is also worth taking into consideration that despite the forecasts for no-deal being far from desirable (and I am in no way trying to downplay them) it will make very little material difference to the majority of UK's citizens lives.

I still think the prospect of no-deal is low and I am not saying that there will not be any pockets of civil unrest but the reality is that the majority of people will simply get on with their lives and they will be more interested in watching Strictly, I'm a Celeb Factor than throwing bricks through shop windows on a rainy Wednesday night.

Do we have actual evidence for that?
    I'm pretty sure it was linked in this thread.

Do we have actual evidence for that?
    yes if you want to read it

Behind the scenes, a small group of people had a secret—and billions of dollars were at stake. Hedge funds aiming to win big from trades that day had hired YouGov and at least five other polling companies, including Farage's favorite pollster. Their services, on the day and in the days leading up to the vote, varied, but pollsters sold hedge funds critical, advance information, including data that would have been illegal for them to give the public. Some hedge funds gained confidence, through private exit polls, that most Britons had voted to leave the EU, or that the vote was far closer than the public believed—knowledge pollsters provided while voting was still underway and hours ahead of official tallies. These hedge funds were in the perfect position to earn fortunes by short selling the British pound. Others learned the likely outcome of public, potentially market-moving polls before they were published, offering surefire trades.

One person with questions still to answer is Farage, a former commodities broker who also went to work for a London currency trading company after he moved into politics. He twice told the world on election night that Leave had likely lost, when he had information suggesting his side had actually won. He also has changed his story about who told him what regarding that very valuable piece of information.
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2018-12-14 at 01:07 PM.

I remember browsing these boards shortly after the result in 2016, [...] two and half years later [...] we have the same usernames
    Yes, I understand that it must quite the surprise to you that some people do not change their usernames every two days and make new accounts almost as often.

I am genuinely amazed that here we are two and half years later, in a thread that has reached nearly 600 pages, we have the same usernames who are still upset about it.

I think you need to get over it and move on. It's not healthy.

And besides, you still have these fun events to look forward to within the EU:

- Fragmentation of the Eurozone and the end of the Euro currency.
    - Impending and ongoing economies circling the drain in the case of Greece, Italy, Ireland and Germany.
    - Migrant crisis which may have slowed, but is not going away any time soon.
    - Sweden becoming traditionally, lawfully and ethnically unrecognizable.
    - France is burning (again).
    - Oppression of Catalonia.
    - Right and far-right political parties advancing in just about every country.
    - Intention to bring in countries like Serbia, Macedonia ect which will drain the already controversial and bloated European Budget.
    - Spain electing fascists into parliament for the first time in many decades.
    - EU's stated intention to take direct control of individual state's taxes.
    - Attempts to kill democracy in Poland and Hungary.
    - Eastern bloc under perpetual alert of Russia doing something stupid.

...these are just from the top of my head. Seems like Brexit is pretty low on your list of problems.

But don't mind any of this. Carry on as you are. Smoke 'n mirrors and all that.
    This is your brain on the Daily Mail lol.

Who was it that bet me the EU was going to collapse inside a year? I think that was three years ago now. Shit, I should've taken notes.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, just wow https://twitter.com/andrew_lilico/st...00950272294912 I'm speechless.

This is the kind of asshole that Brexiteers listen to.
    What an utter piece of shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

See, here you would be supposed to recuse yourself from that position because you have a conflict of interest. You would also have to make a disclosure at the local stock market authority. You could possibly make a claim against insider trading.
    Yes, but those are stock specific rules, are you sure the same concept applies to other things? There are lawyers that clearly profit from just councelling on Brexit issues. A lot. Heck, the company I work for almost would have gotten a huge boost from this. We still might, actually.