View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well the EU is offering a helping hand yet again
    https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-b...-idUSKBN1OI17F

And take note; while the trade measures depend on reciprocity and only given till 2019 year end,
    Now wait just a second, do you mean to tell me that the EU won't just dictate to it's member nations what to do with citizens from outside of the EU? And that these countries seem to have some sort of control on who they allow within there own borders? Almost like some sort of "border control".

You must be mistaken, this sounds an awful lot like sovereignty.

Corbyn is not helping himself once again; https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46619689

I would like to add a quick disclaimer in order avoid upset to certain forum members. I am sure that a Con MP once did something equally bad (Probably worse. They are Cons after all) and my reasons for not going into massive detail about this event, where no doubt the Con behaved much worse, is that I have better things to do with my time than googling Con faux pas. Oh and, I nearly forgot, the Cons smell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Corbyn is not helping himself once again; https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46619689

I would like to add a quick disclaimer in order avoid upset to certain forum members. I am sure that a Con MP once did something equally bad (Probably worse. They are Cons after all) and my reasons for not going into massive detail about this event, where no doubt the Con behaved much worse, is that I have better things to do with my time than googling Con faux pas. Oh and, I nearly forgot, the Cons smell.
    May is stupid. May is a woman.

Can't really see how anyone can refute either of those statements, putting them together in the same phrase doesn't make them any different.

Well the EU is offering a helping hand yet again
    https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-b...-idUSKBN1OI17F

And take note; while the trade measures depend on reciprocity and only given till 2019 year end,
    That's good news for business that desperately needs some (any) certainty but I think it is a bit far to frame it as offering a helping hand rather than the EU moving to limit damage everyone will suffer as a result of no-deal.

15+ Year Old Account
    You cannot expand ports of entry when there is no space to expand them to.
    You didn't need to give yet another example. ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Yeah I did check that. Such a silly thing to say, largely because it is almost impossible not to construe as misogyny. Just call her stupid
    Yep, someone in his position really should know better, if anything he has now embroiled himself in another unnecessary row.

This annoys me a bit. I understand that calling someone stupid in the house is not acceptable, but let's be real the thing everyone's up in arms over is the fact he mentioned she was a woman, as if that was a slur.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    It's misogyny. Can't dance around it.
    How is it? He called someone stupid and indicated there gender.

If someone called me a stupid man I wouldn't accuse that person of Misandry just because they were of the opposite sex.

Utterly absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    May is stupid. May is a woman.

Can't really see how anyone can refute either of those statements, putting them together in the same phrase doesn't make them any different.
    When you use someone's race, gender, religion, sexuality, etc as part of an insult you cross the line into discrimination. If he had just called her stupid no-one would have batted an eyelid in fact it's probably likely that the majority of the country would have agreed with him.

Deleted
    When you use someone's race, gender, religion, sexuality, etc as part of an insult you cross the line into discrimination. If he had just called her stupid no-one would have batted an eyelid in fact it's probably likely that the majority of the country would have agreed with him.
    Which is ironic, because the reason the House was up in arms is because he called her stupid.

Woman is only an insult if you personally believe that calling someone a woman is an insult, in which case......

They did not need to endorse preferential treatment of UK immigrants. And they go ahead and offer a variety of no-brainers that the UK had no brain yet to ask for.
    True enough, but I think this more a case of everyone has been so convinced that no-deal will not happen that they haven't done much to mitigate the damages until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Which is ironic, because the reason the House was up in arms is because he called her stupid.

Woman is only an insult if you personally believe that calling someone a woman is an insult, in which case......
    Er? No the issue that he brought her gender into it.

Ah, the classic bigot's defence.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because you do not expect misandry from all people while you can reasonably expect misogyny from old men. If a pink haired and pierced woman called you a stupid man, would you not entertain the possibility that "man" was part of the slur? (yes, I am referencing stereotypes. We ignore them at our own peril; that's the way the brain works).
    Depends, am I ruling a country who voted to leave the largest trade bloc in the world and am I trying my best to not do my job neither explain what will happen in a timely fashion?
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean again, that would make you stupid. The gender qualifier is irrelevant. And really beyond what was truly meant, what matters is appearance as well. Corbyn just gave everyone a news cycle that will be focused on misogyny in parliament instead of Brexit.
    Yeah, I just wanted to have some fun.

I think the EU has NOT been convinced "No Deal" will not happen for quite some time now. Looking at the UK political situation externally, the lack of accountability and political initiative makes it seem very likely that "No Deal" might happen simply through inaction or while people play political games. Several EU members have long acted on the possibility of "No Deal" or a poor deal in general; France at least I know has budgeted port expansions well before the summer.
    The UK has been making similar preparations but there was very much a feeling that someone would somehow pull a rabbit out of the hat at the last minute and we'd all breathe a massive sigh of relief as a no-deal Brexit avoided.

I mean again, that would make you stupid. The gender qualifier is irrelevant. And really beyond what was truly meant, what matters is appearance as well. Corbyn just gave everyone a news cycle that will be focused on misogyny in parliament instead of Brexit.
    Indeed he has now made himself the centre of unwanted attention for next news cycle or two

A post about a juvenile insult. From you. That's another irony detector up in smoke.

And of course you've missed the point of why I call you out repeatedly. Because if this were Labour MPs complaining about something that May said, your post on this thread would be highlighting how Labour weren't taking the whole thing seriously and that they should be concentrating on the important stuff.

I'm happy to say this was a foolish thing to do. I'm also happy to say that I would lose my temper with someone that appears to be physically incapable of answering a simple question. And the extent to which the government have jumped on any means of distracting from the mess they are creating speaks volumes.

But sure, stick to your victim complex that I'm picking on you for no reason.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, a friend of mine that Ive been playing PoE with the past few nights, from UK, says there is prob going to be another ref vote.

Is that true? Are you going to double vote on something? Is that even legal?

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    A post about a juvenile insult. From you. That's another irony detector up in smoke.

And of course you've missed the point of why I call you out repeatedly. Because if this were Labour MPs complaining about something that May said, your post on this thread would be highlighting how Labour weren't taking the whole thing seriously and that they should be concentrating on the important stuff.

I'm happy to say this was a foolish thing to do. I'm also happy to say that I would lose my temper with someone that appears to be physically incapable of answering a simple question. And the extent to which the government have jumped on any means of distracting from the mess they are creating speaks volumes.

But sure, stick to your victim complex that I'm picking on you for no reason.
    Oh, now whatever made you think my little disclaimer was aimed at you?

I really wouldn't. I mean I even said that the Tories smell. What more do you want from me?

And there we go, you can't call out poor Lab behaviour without trying to place blame on the government. Miss! Miss! She made me do it! Miss!

I'm not the one making repeated leave Brittany alone style posts whenever there is some criticism of Labour.

-----

Oh dear. It's really not a good day for Lab - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-46602635

For balance Chris Huhne (who is a Tory MP) and his wife were convicted of the same charge in 2013.
    Last edited by Pann; 2018-12-19 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Is that true?
    fingers crossed it is, yes

Are you going to double vote on something?
    double voting on something would be stupid, especially with how many lies were involved in the first vote

no, the second vote on a different question will be a different vote

Oh dear. It's really not a good day for Lab - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-46602635

For balance Chris Huhne (who is a Tory MP) and his wife were convicted of the same charge in 2012.
    unsure what this has to do with Brexit? the Conservative party is fucking the UK completely, but for balance a Labour MP broke the speed limit?

are there good people on both sides pann?
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2018-12-19 at 04:21 PM.

So, a friend of mine that Ive been playing PoE with the past few nights, from UK, says there is prob going to be another ref vote.
    Play with a different British dude and he's going to say there'll be no vote. The country is divided. Basically, and this is the bad part, it depends on the whim of one person if there's a second referendum or not: Theresa May. And she's successfully talked herself stubbornly into a corner she can't get out of. Doubt there will be a second referendum, doubt Parliament will just swallow her deal. And thus the EU is ramping up preparations for a no-deal scenario. Additional funds have been authorized and as far as I can tell, the EU treats Brexit seriously as a no-deal scenario now. If my estimation is correct, whatever happens in the UK from this point onwards is no longer the concern of the EU.

Oh, they'll keep talking and be nice about it, but anything but a ratification of the (bad) deal or an outright "taking backsies" of Art. 50 will be ignored.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.