View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    I think you misunderstood him, his drivel is about his OWN courage for talking to far-right loonies who could have seriously injured him because of their military training and/or prison records. He himself is still ready for the loony bin but he's not idolizing the far right.

I don't want to defend a burner but reading his words correctly does mean that your response, as it stands, is not actually responding to anything he said.
    Ah, you're right. Well, that does redeem him a little. Still doesn't give him the right to dick around here like that. Especially not since he doesn't know who he's talking to. Speaking to military or ex-con nazis? Not that uncommon actually!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tollbashar View Post
    Yes the ultimate evidence of insanity: non-compliance with a moderation regime of unpaid interns making largely incomprehensible decisions. Dick-sucking obeyance of petty authority is of course essential for mental health....

Just a thought but did you consider the vast majority of posters in this thread who make tens of thousands of posts a year that no one really reads are probably, almost by definition, clinically insane, probably because of some form of obsessive compulsive disorder?
    Wtf... I just had to recheck, yes this is still about Brexit. We're OCDing?

Stop derailing the thread.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    We've been through this all before and then as now a picture paints a thousand words...

Well, that makes no sense considering out of that 92% the EU itself is about 20%. Also, that website is lying like there's no tomorrow. According to them, the EU has no trade deals with any of the top 10 economies. So Japan is #3 (ok ok, technically not an agreement because it's not february) but there's canada at #10 oh and of course out of the top 10 economies 4 are part of th EU itself.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Why restrict yourself to such a small percentage of the world economy and at the same time pay for the "privilege" too?
    You're not restricting yourself to such a small percentage, it's even written on that garbage of a website you c/p'd that picture from. The EU is trading on WTO terms like everyone else, what you're doing is making away with those 8% and another 17% on top because why would anyone want to trade on better terms than WTO terms with about 30% (includes japan) of the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    As a Norwegian planning to take a long weekend in London with my other half, would you say said trip would be cheaper JUST before the no-deal nightmare or just after?

I mean, this most-likely-distaster is pretty much on their own hands, I won’t feel to bad about taking advantage of it if I can... :P
    Erm, go before Brexit. After Brexit you may have to deal with riots, not the most fun vacation experience, I'm sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    But ze yellow vests!

I’d honestly prefer to just take her to Stockholm or Skelefteå in Sweden, introduce her to family and dazzle her with my fluent swedish, but it’s not different enough, and she has a thing for some store/chain called Primark in England. She lived there for 7ish years, and her sense of fashion became British as a result :P
    Primark? That cheap trash store? Tell her to go to Germany, they've spread like cancer here...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Well, that makes no sense considering out of that 92% the EU itself is about 20%. Also, that website is lying like there's no tomorrow.
    Wow... I mean, I'm actually speechless at that website. They have a Brexit BattlePack? Like, bad enough that they quote random blogshitpages from the darkest corners of the internet, Brexiteers have got an actual website that actually spoonfeeds them bullshit arguments to use in forums like this? How pathetic is that?

They even fucking organised their propaganda!

Amazing... I mean, now that I've seen it, it's obvious that something like this should exist... but it's amazing how audacious these people are.

Of course, this isn't a credible source, but we'll have to actually deal with that shit, won't we.. fuck. Yet more debunking to be done.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Well, that makes no sense considering out of that 92% the EU itself is about 20%. Also, that website is lying like there's no tomorrow. According to them, the EU has no trade deals with any of the top 10 economies. So Japan is #3 (ok ok, technically not an agreement because it's not february) but there's canada at #10 oh and of course out of the top 10 economies 4 are part of th EU itself.

You're not restricting yourself to such a small percentage, it's even written on that garbage of a website you c/p'd that picture from. The EU is trading on WTO terms like everyone else, what you're doing is making away with those 8% and another 17% on top because why would anyone want to trade on better terms than WTO terms with about 30% (includes japan) of the world.
    Well, that is the power of 'creative presentation' that Dribbles' sources tend to employ.
    First, they only focus on deals in place, which allows them to discard things like the Japan or Mercosur deal, since they are not technically 'in place' yet. There actually is a category on the EU Commission site specifically named 'in place', which is what they used. That also allowed them to ignore countries like Canada, which falls under 'partly in place' and Mexico, which is currently under 'being updated'.
    Thus, they can state that "The EU Commission says it only has trade deals in place with those countries", while being technically correct. It is a lie by omission, obviously, typical slanting.
    Then, of course, when making their graphic, they only display a comparison between countries the EU has a trade deal with and those it does not - incorrectly labeling the latter as 'rest of world economy'. That one is flat out wrong since the whole is labeled 'World Economy represented', when factually it is 'World Economy without EU represented'.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Labour leader says PM should return to Brussels to secure deal with full customs union

no shit sherlock; how about remain then ?
    UK would have to trigger extension of artikel 50 first to hold negotiations and EU is not eager to grant unless for very serious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Labour leader says PM should return to Brussels to secure deal with full customs union

no shit sherlock; how about remain then ?
    UK would have to trigger extension of artikel 50 first to hold negotiations and EU is not eager to grant unless for very serious reasons.
    It's getting amusing how he's still not getting with the program. Quite the delusion he got going there. Keep trying, Corbyn. They'll change their minds if you only ask nicely enough! Surely.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    It's getting amusing how he's still not getting with the program. Quite the delusion he got going there. Keep trying, Corbyn. They'll change their minds if you only ask nicely enough! Surely.
    ok, Barnier Junker Tusk etc. are not entitled to talk sense into him and Corbyn (same as anybody from LibDems, Greens, whatever) is not privy to talk with Brussels unless and until he succedes May. but still: he should know by now what is on the table and what is not. how does Labour live with such a leader ?

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    ok, Barnier Junker Tusk etc. are not entitled to talk sense into him and Corbyn (same as anybody from LibDems, Greens, whatever) is not privy to talk with Brussels unless and until he succedes May. but still: he should know by now what is on the table and what is not. how does Labour live with such a leader ?
    Because the Labour leadership vote is open to all members including unions. The Parliamentary part do not want Corbyn, they twice have tried to remove him. But unions and other Labour members have pushed this idea that Corbyn is the only thing stopping another Blair taking over and that every MP not kissing up to Corbyn is a Blairite. So unions and party members keep voting for Corbyn keeping the party unelectable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly I would assume that the expectations behind cakeism was the the UK could have employed a divide and conquer methodology. Which is inane to anyone who has observed EU trade negotiations since they simply do not let the individual states talk with the other side and make it clear it has to go through the commission; the US FAILED at the approach yet somehow the UK thought it could succeed? Possibly true that they thought so considering that the minds behind Brexit arguments have proven time and again they have no idea how the EU works. Truth be told if they could manage that it could work; after all the EU works on consensus. Ultimately their complete lack of understanding of how the EU works is absolutely secondary to the fact that the Brexiteers had no idea what they are doing and the UK is so divided itself it could never hope to divide someone else.
    How can they belong to union which they don't understand really? That's recipe for disaster.

And neither did those who voted Leave.

It really appears that everyone has different idea of what EU actually is, and people pick and choose "that's what EU really is" depending on argument.

"EU is all the things... but just the good ones! All bad ones are their own fault."

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Because the Labour leadership vote is open to all members including unions. The Parliamentary part do not want Corbyn, they twice have tried to remove him. But unions and other Labour members have pushed this idea that Corbyn is the only thing stopping another Blair taking over and that every MP not kissing up to Corbyn is a Blairite. So unions and party members keep voting for Corbyn keeping the party unelectable.
    There is no evidence to suggest that another leader would help Labour and plenty to suggest the opposite.

In the previous two elections Labour lost badly to the conservatives, losing its majority in 2010 and gifting the tories an outright win in 2015. Corbyn wiped out the Tory majority in 2017, destroyed the liberal democrats, fought off the challenge from UKIP, and won back seats in Scotland. The Tories are now forced to deal with the DUP to survive.

In a poll for Business Insider in May Corbyn polled better than Sadiq Khan, Yvette Cooper, Ed Milliband or Tony Blair.

Labour also have the largest membership of any party in Europe.

Kallisto wrote: Because the Labour leadership vote is open to all members including unions. The Parliamentary part do not want Corbyn, they twice have tried to remove him. But unions and other Labour members have pushed this idea that Corbyn is the only thing stopping another Blair taking over and that every MP not kissing up to Corbyn is a Blairite. So unions and party members keep voting for Corbyn keeping the party unelectable.

There is not a shred of evidence supporting the assertion that an alternative leader would make Labour electable and a mountain of evidence to the contrary.

In the previous two elections the Labour lost badly under centre-left candidates. In the most recent 2017 election Corbyn wiped out the Tory majority.

A poll in Business Insider showed that Corbyn was considerably more popular with the voters than Sadiq Khan, Yvette Cooper, Ed Milliband and Tony Blair.

Corbyn's two leadership election victories had the highest margin in Labour's history, and has given the party the largest membership in Europe.

Essentially you are just making stuff up because you don't like Corbyn. There is literally no evidence even if you heavily cherry-pick the data that any alternative candidate would perform better than Corbyn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    I hate this country it's so depressing lately the drivel dribbles is spouting and that psycotic poster from a few pages back finally getting banned ladies and gentlemen I give you the Brexiteers.
    I thought you were supposed to be working in medicine? Yet you can't spell "psychotic". Somewhere, I expect, a hospital is missing a porter...
    Last edited by follwith; 2019-01-02 at 07:26 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    And the pathetic moron is back, whoopdidoo.

Are you ever going to answer my questions or are you just here to continue showing your lack of knowledge?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I hate this country it's so depressing lately the drivel dribbles is spouting and that psycotic poster from a few pages back finally getting banned ladies and gentlemen I give you the Brexiteers.
    Sadly, as you can see, that one likely has a new burner....

And the pathetic moron is back, whoopdidoo.

Are you ever going to answer my questions or are you just here to continue showing your lack of knowledge?
    There weren't any questions just an endless success of ad hominems like this one. I particularly liked the one where you backed up the guy mocking autistic children, for some reason.
    Last edited by follwith; 2019-01-02 at 07:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Yep, it’s not great at the moment is it?

Anyway - a very Happy New Year to the pleasant contributors in this thread.

I'm doing dry January so will not be as active as in past months on account of enforced sobriety. No doubt this is a very middle class thing to do and I await being called a cunt by our hard left / anarchist burner. Class War!

Bring on the vote. Looking forward to May's Deal being rejected, a vote of no confidence failing, followed by amendments leading to a soft Brexit or no Brexit at all.
    You can't really dust for vomit.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post

I'm doing dry January so will not be as active as in past months on account of enforced sobriety. No doubt this is a very middle class thing to do and I await being called a cunt by our hard left / anarchist burner. Class War!

Bring on the vote. Looking forward to May's Deal being rejected, a vote of no confidence failing, followed by amendments leading to a soft Brexit or no Brexit at all.
    next week should be interesting already, the debate in Commons will start anew (next wednesday 9th jan afaik) and i expect full flak on May+Tories. and the week after is showdown unless May turns coward again and pulls the vote another time.

The country is fine. It's really just the Brexiteers. The rest of you lot is just too polite to put a stop to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post

I'm looking forward to May's deal being voted down, the no confidence vote failing, no-deal being put to a specific vote and also failing....leaving us with literally no way to enact Brexit. At that point it will be a straight decision for May; cancel Brexit entirely or go for a second referendum. Since the second referendum would need the other EU countries to agree (and there is no guarantee that they will, without concessions from us) because Article 50 would need to be extended, my prediction is cancellation. Then it will be a question of whether we have a second referendum or not, and if we do what goes on the question.

All of which should be pretty damaging to the supposed Tory reputation for being the competent party. This whole debacle has shown they couldn't organise a shag in a brothel (I thought I'd spare you the brewery comparison, considering your current state).
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    I'm looking forward to May's deal being voted down, the no confidence vote failing, no-deal being put to a specific vote and also failing....leaving us with literally no way to enact Brexit. At that point it will be a straight decision for May; cancel Brexit entirely or go for a second referendum. Since the second referendum would need the other EU countries to agree (and there is no guarantee that they will, without concessions from us) because Article 50 would need to be extended, my prediction is cancellation. Then it will be a question of whether we have a second referendum or not, and if we do what goes on the question.

All of which should be pretty damaging to the supposed Tory reputation for being the competent party. This whole debacle has shown they couldn't organise a shag in a brothel (I thought I'd spare you the brewery comparison, considering your current state).
    Honestly if both the deal fails and no deal fails to get through parliament I can see May just sitting there doing nothing until basically March 22nd and basically put the deal up again and tell the commons "This or no deal."

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Honestly if both the deal fails and no deal fails to get through parliament I can see May just sitting there doing nothing until basically March 22nd and basically put the deal up again and tell the commons "This or no deal."
    wasnt there a deadline by 21 jan ?