View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The EU considered Corbyn's proposal a credible offer for a deal.
    Maybe as a starting point, his fantasies about what he might archieve if only he gets to leave the EU on his terms are still powered by flying unicorns, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty Shadow Priest View Post
    Ha ha ha

Yep.

Hobson's choice or Morton's fork?

Edit...

take it all back... seems as Labour is going to get my vote
    I wouldn't get too excited just yet.

Everyone seems to jumping their own conclusions at the moment. Whilst the people's vote supporters are pretty pleased some commentators are pointing out this may just be a ruse to kill off the the 2nd ref. speculation within the Labour party and that when (if???) it fails to pass through the House Corbyn will be able to tell those in the PLP who are in favour of a 2nd ref. that he did everything that he could.

I think at the moment the best course of action is to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    More details are coming out with regard to Labour's backing of a 2nd ref. They say that no deal should not be an option on the ballot paper and that it should be a choice between remain and a credible leave option.

https://twitter.com/bbcnickrobinson/...09306245058560

It would appear that the Independent Group have managed to achieve in a matter of days what the Lib Dems have been trying to do for almost three years.

However there is no majority for a 2nd ref. in the House so, for the time being at least, it is unlikely that this will come to pass.
    I'm not so sure there isn't a majority for a second referendum. If May's deal fails, as seems almost certain, then isn't it a straight choice between no-deal and a second referendum? And given that we already know that there is a majority against no-deal, that gives the referendum a majority. Simple maths.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I wouldn't get too excited just yet.

Everyone seems to jumping their own conclusions at the moment. Whilst the people's vote supporters are pretty pleased some commentators are pointing out this may just be a ruse to kill off the the 2nd ref. speculation within the Labour party and that when (if???) it fails to pass through the House Corbyn will be able to tell those in the PLP who are in favour of a 2nd ref. that he did everything that he could.

I think at the moment the best course of action is to wait and see.
    Pretty much this.

He hasn't committed to any specifics, and may well be designed to stop more Europhile MPs defecting to the Independent Group.

Not sure he has the numbers to get any legislation through either. If the ERG get on side (which they probably will when staring down the barrel of No Brexit) then May has the votes to get the Withdrawal Agreement through.

2e referendum is stupid and no matter the options you put on it it won't really solve anything because you won't really have a majority consensus and even if ''stay'' wins you have the current British government run by a bunch of wankers that are actively pushing for a hard leave.

The sad part is that both the Conservative party and Labour won't really step up and cancel this joke. Yes Brexit won the vote with a very slim margin but the referendum itself was stupid to begin with and wasn't legally binding. The UK is driving off a cliff based on what a pig f@cker never should have promised

This could be significant - Labour will back the Cooper-Letwin amendment. https://labour.org.uk/press/labour-t...ting-position/

I would think that either the amendment now has a real chance of passing or it forces the ERG to get behind May's deal.

I'm not 100% on how this will affect the UK economy in the long run, but in the short run it definitely does. My company has stopped using certain UK suppliers and chosen to move upcoming contracts to european ones. And we're noticing more business from automotive companies that were previously working with UK partners and are now using our services, so I guess short term it's beneficial for our company.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    They considered it a credible starting point for new negotiations - there were clearly some aspects of what he wanted that would be stripped out almost immediately (like the UK getting a say in future EU trade deals as a 3rd country).
    I chuckled irl... what a bunch of dimwits...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    I'm not so sure there isn't a majority for a second referendum. If May's deal fails, as seems almost certain, then isn't it a straight choice between no-deal and a second referendum? And given that we already know that there is a majority against no-deal, that gives the referendum a majority. Simple maths.
    The problem with that assumption is that while the majority do agree on what they don't want that does not mean they agree on what they should do to avoid it. The amount of times we have seen the Commons presented with a rational option only to see it discarded in favour of unicorns is rather telling, I'm afraid.

At the same time I'm not too sure that a second referendum will end up any better than the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibblewink View Post
    The problem with that assumption is that while the majority do agree on what they don't want that does not mean they agree on what they should do to avoid it. The amount of times we have seen the Commons presented with a rational option only to see it discarded in favour of unicorns is rather telling, I'm afraid.

At the same time I'm not too sure that a second referendum will end up any better than the first one.
    It will be a choice between two known and defined options; remain or an agreed deal. So Leave won't be able to say whatever people want to hear about what the deal will give us. Doesn't mean that Remain will win, but it does make it a proper debate, which it really wasn't last time.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

It will be a choice between two known and defined options; remain or an agreed deal. So Leave won't be able to say whatever people want to hear about what the deal will give us. Doesn't mean that Remain will win, but it does make it a proper debate, which it really wasn't last time.
    I don't want to nation bash but... dude, you're dealing with the British. If made a simple choice of "chop your left hand hand off, chop the right hand off, or don't chop any hands off" they'll choose "TAKE BOTH LEGS!" just to spite you. And then they'll demand that you race them after the amputation because they want to bet against you.

So while a sane person would put out the options you just offered, it'll most likely be a choice between no deal and a dozen variants of "bad deal". Yes, I am dead serious. If these negotiations have taught us anything about the UK, it is that given any range of choices you like, they will inevitably pick the most retarded one. Just to spite you.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    The sad part is that both the Conservative party and Labour won't really step up and cancel this joke.
    I think The Queen should step up, tell everyone how disappointed she is in them not getting their shit together and decide what shall happen (whatever that may be). All politicians can then lay the blame on her if their voters are pissed off.

It will be a choice between two known and defined options; remain or an agreed deal
    Semus Milne seems to disagree, unfortunately.

7+ Year Old Account
    Zzzzzzzz. There is not going to be a second referendum. The Tories don't want one, the DUP don't want one and despite what Labour say about backing it 70+ of their MP's will vote against one.

All it is, is a Corbyn attempt to try and appease some of his, mostly urban MP's, to prevent more of them from defecting to TIG. If Corbyn could be honest, not even he wants a second referendum...

The EU have said they will only extend for a second referendum or a general election. And they ain't happening, which leaves the default position - do you really need three guesses as to what that is?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I think The Queen should step up, tell everyone how disappointed she is in them not getting their shit together and decide what shall happen (whatever that may be). All politicians can then lay the blame on her if their voters are pissed off.
    At this point in time I wouldn't be surprised if a decent percentage voters basically would prefer temporary absolute monarchy under Elizabeth for a few years over how parliament is acting.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I don't want to nation bash but....
    You've been doing that for the best part of a year, it gets really fucking tiresome to listen to. Germany is at least as responsible for this mess as the Brexiteers are.

Quote Originally Posted by fopwalt View Post
    You've been doing that for the best part of a year, it gets really fucking tiresome to listen to. Germany is at least as responsible for this mess as the Brexiteers are.
    What is Germany responsible for outside some conspiracy theory about them going full 4th reich.

Quote Originally Posted by fopwalt View Post
    I'm sure you have a good explanation on how we forced a sovereign nation into pulling Article 50. I'm certainly eager to hear it... so go ahead, give it your best.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    And doesn’t this sum up Labour’s position absolutely perfectly.

Yet more constructive ambiguity.

Oh well, back to wiping my arse on any polling card that comes my way shortly.

Slant isn’t nation bashing. He’s mocking our politicians, our media, the lobbyists who accepted money from Russia, the talking heads who lied about economic benefits of Brexit. If his mocking also takes in the voters who blindly accepted these lies on grounds of muh sovereignty / MBGA, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Ah, finally. The opposition decided to oppose!
    "Decided" makes it sound like they had a choice
    Westminster Voting Intention (Including TIG):

CON: 36% (-2)
    LAB: 23% (-3)
    TIG: 18% (+4)
    LDM: 6% (-1)

Via @YouGov.
    Changes w/ 18-19 Feb.