View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Not to go all Pann on you but she won the snap election. She's also survived historic defeats in the Commons, a vote of no confidence alongside being in close proximity to Chris Grayling which we can only assume must be exceedingly dangerous if his personal life is anything like his cabinet career.

Also inspiration just struck!

Never Gonna Give EU Up

Guess it's more pop than power ballad though.
    Going to need at least a chorus with topical lyrics Submissions from all genres are accepted, not just power ballads.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    There is no scenario where no deal gets a majority vote....and going for an extension is borderline pointless because what is it that you want to achieve!!!!!!.
    It's pretty baffling to me how parliament can say "we want out of the EU" but then vote no to the withdrawel agreement and the next day vote "but not without a deal either". How does that make any sense? It should be yes to no deal tomorrow.

Londo = UK

Never Gonna Give EU Up

Guess it's more pop than power ballad though.
    Foo Fighters would disagree:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdkCEioCp24

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Going to need at least a chorus with topical lyrics Submissions from all genres are accepted, not just power ballads.
    We're no strangers to Gove
    You know the lines and so do I
    A full renegotiation's what I'm thinking of
    You wouldn't get this from any other Prime
    I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
    Gotta make EU understand

Never gonna give EU up
    Never gonna let EU down
    Never gonna run around and desert you
    Never gonna make EU cry
    Never gonna say goodbye
    Never gonna tell a lie and print it on a bus
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2019-03-12 at 10:05 PM.

I wanna know where Gove lives
    I want you to show me
    I wanna wee where Gove lives
    I know you can show me
    Oh, oh, ooh

Quote Originally Posted by Salty Shadow Priest View Post
    Foo Fighters would disagree:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdkCEioCp24
    The fuck was that lol.

The fuck was that lol.
    He he he. By all accounts, he's a genuinely nice guy. Good voice. Bad songs.

We both seem to have picked on Gove...

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    She won the snap election because no-one else wants the actually responsibility of delivering Brexit. She has survived historic defeats in the Commons for the same reason - she refuses to resign and there is no viable opposition to hold her to account.

Its nothing to do with her not being stupid, she has been incredibly stupid throughout this entire process.
    No one's trying to make the point that May is talented, competent or even a fully fledged human. But the MAY1000 keeps on trucking. She's the political equivalent of a Toyota Hilux.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Salty Shadow Priest View Post
    He he he. By all accounts, he's a genuinely nice guy. Good voice. Bad songs.

We both seem to have picked on Gove...
    I can see that being true lol. Gove also has it coming.

Interesting comments from a former Leave campaigner;

https://twitter.com/OliverNorgrove/s...76277115891714

Quote Originally Posted by Vermented View Post
    May is a stupid woman, for sure. But she is a symptom, not the course. A large group of stupid Brits elected her, together with the opportunist lot that preached brexit's success. They're all getting what they deserve.

Now fix your gd sh*t Brits. 17 Days till brexit.
    She is part of the problem. The only course of action she has taken since becoming the PM is going further to the right and how is that working out for her.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    She won the snap election because no-one else wants the actually responsibility of delivering Brexit. She has survived historic defeats in the Commons for the same reason - she refuses to resign and there is no viable opposition to hold her to account.

Its nothing to do with her not being stupid, she has been incredibly stupid throughout this entire process.
    May wanted to have a larger majority when she called for the snap election
    Instead she lost seats

If you don't meet your pre determined goals you have can't call it a victory, best way of phrasing would be ''not a total defeat'' which is frankly what her leadership has been about since day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Interesting comments from a former Leave campaigner;

https://twitter.com/OliverNorgrove/s...76277115891714
    I mean yeah sure that's interesting, but is it as interesting as the latest candidate for PM?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Number10c...ments-47529293

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    May wanted to have a larger majority when she called for the snap election
    Good point, I didn't say what I thought I did there

So this is defeat number 39 for May (she's trying to fudge her record by making the whip force abstaining for votes the oppoisition puts forward that she knows she will lose). She is officially the PM with the most defeats since the second world war. This is all in less than 2 years. She also has the largest and 4th largest defeat in commons history.

For record Callaghan lost 34 times. Last one was a no confidence vote which lead to a general election that brought in Thatcher. In 11 years as PM she lost 4 times. Major followed her he had 6 Defeats in 7 years. Blair followed up with 4 losses all in 9 months of each other (9th Nov 2005 was first, 2 on 31st Jan 2006 and last on 12 July 2006), Brown had 3, Cameron had 9.

If the opposition is putting in the no deal is not acceptable vote tomorrow and it passes. May loses for the 40th time.

I've got some Cookie Kush arriving tomorrow. Watching Nadhim Zahawi MP talk about how essential it is for No Deal to remain on the table and I'll trade it all for a gram of whatever him and Davis are smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    It's pretty baffling to me how parliament can say "we want out of the EU" but then vote no to the withdrawel agreement and the next day vote "but not without a deal either". How does that make any sense? It should be yes to no deal tomorrow.

Londo = UK

Sounds like your typical brexiteer wanting the empire back

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Sounds like your typical brexiteer wanting the empire back
    I think isolationism is more inline with Brexiteer foreign policy. Well at least that would be my take when every time you bring the breakup of The Union they say "Well they can fuck off then!”.

10+ Year Old Account
    Barnier tweeter yesterday that our no deal preparations are more important than ever, so wouldn't hold your breath for an extension just yet.

Verhofstadt ain't keen on the idea of an extension either.

Theresa May, aka Dollar Store Margret Thatcher really screwed the pooch, didn't she?

Europe should refuse to do anything further unless there is another referendum with only the May Deal or cancel Article 50 (Stay in the EU) on it.

Really, time to strong arm the fuck out of this sideshow.

So they've voted down her deal. EU has said there will be no further deals.

Suppose they also vote down no-deal tomorrow, and vote down an extension.

Basically, what happens if Parliament votes down everything that comes in? Seems like a hard Brexit on the 29th then.
    "Independence forever!" --- President John Adams
    "America is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own." --- President John Quincy Adams
    "Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Nah in that case, the Queen comes, picks up the comically large gavel and starts bludgeoning some sense into parliament while her corgis guard the door so no one can leave the building till she is done.
    I certainly would not be surprised to find she is pissed about the shit her government does in her name.