View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    I take it with this dallying no brexit will happen at all eventually?
    There is a better-than-even chance, even a good one, that British Prime Minister Dollar Store Margret Thatcher is failing her way to victory.

There has been two meaningful votes and she managed to lose the fist in a historically disastrous fashion, and the second a little less disastrously. With her having run down the clock (her plan all along), she'll now be able to convince the ERG (hardline Brexiters) to vote for her deal, because its that or nothing. They'll probably mostly bend the knee for Meaningful Vote 3.

The question then moves to the Tory's partners, the Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) of Northern Ireland. If she wins over the ERG and somehow wins over DUP, she has the votes to pass her deal, and will have failed her way to a victory. If she can't win over the DUP, he'll lose Meaningful Vote 3.

The DUP, like the ERG, is ready to cut a deal with May, in order to pass the deal.
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...brexit-impasse

And then the Brexiters get to find out what being a lone sea bass in a world of Great White Sharks is like.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    That's brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Anything is better than being the EU's bitch...
    Statements like this just demolish all points you try to make when you spam articles and try to act smart.

If you really think the UK was the EU's bitch ever since it joined you just simply don't know what you talk about, I had this discussion with someone the other day in real life who doesn't know anything about politics etc and even he knew the UK enjoyed all the EU benefits for years while not joining in on certain things like for example Schengen and the Euro currency.

Let's be real here and say it like it is, you always enjoyed all the EU benefits like free trade etc while also getting cut free from certain general EU things like I mentioned above.
    I really don't know how anyone with even a remote normal amount of IQ can legitimately think that you were oppressed and fucked in the ass daily by the EU, you literally had all the perks and benefits while at the same time being exempt from certain ''rules''

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    I really don't know how anyone with even a remote normal amount of IQ can legitimately think that you were oppressed and fucked in the ass daily by the EU, you literally had all the perks and benefits while at the same time being exempt from certain ''rules''
    I think some people just look at any graph or chart that says we were one of the top contributers of ££, and using that metric assume that we must therefore have been putting in more than we were getting out (because ££ is the only relationship that matters or something I guess) and therefore drawing the conclusion that it was a bad deal for us and we were being abused.

I can't claim to know though, because I never held that position.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

5+ Year Old Account
    It's called "underbelly politics". People with such unfunded opinions used to live under rocks, probably due to the earth heating up they multiplied faster then expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Vermented View Post
    It's called "underbelly politics". People with such unfunded opinions used to live under rocks, probably due to the earth heating up they multiplied faster then expected.
    The earth heating up in this example is actually the internet and social media giving every nut job with a conspiracy theory a family of sympathizers and supporters.

I was watching a british guy on Youtube who has really ballin' butchery skills, and he "avoided" commenting about brexit but said "You be the judge for yourself" after claiming that the EU has made Black Pudding illegal... of which it has not.

Simply put, People like him and dribbles (apt name, btw) were lied to by the Yuckip party on a thousand things, and they believed it all because they wanted to be a special victim in their own little world, wanting to rise up from the filth of the masses wielding a bright white sword made of styrofoam and the word "TrEuth!" written on its side in Crayon.

They continue to believe in the Yuckip philosophy because their Pride is now at stake. People these days would rather burn their entire home to the ground than admit they made a mistake or were duped.

Vince Cable has announced that he is stepping down, in May, perhaps now there will be a proper alternative party that opposes Brexit but I can't help but feel that it will be too little, too late.

Vince Cable has announced that he is stepping down, in May, perhaps now there will be a proper alternative party that opposes Brexit but I can't help but feel that it will be too little, too late.
    Didn't the Lib Dems come out against Brexit in their GE manifesto? I'd vote for 'em if I thought I wasn't casting my vote into the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Didn't the Lib Dems come out against Brexit in their GE manifesto? I'd vote for 'em if I thought I wasn't casting my vote into the wind.
    Yep, but I don't think Tim Farron (remember him?) did them any favours and they have been utterly ineffective under Cable since the GE. I don't think that their strength will be in a GE but hopefully a new leader will give them a strong opposition voice because quite frankly there is no-one else up to the task in parliament.

Yep, but I don't think Tim Farron (remember him?) did them any favours and they have been utterly ineffective under Cable since the GE. I don't think that their strength will be in a GE but hopefully a new leader will give them a strong opposition voice because quite frankly there is no-one else up to the task in parliament.
    Fair I guess.

Fair I guess.
    I am probably being overly optimistic tbh.

I am probably being overly optimistic tbh.
    A little, haven't they been whittled down to 10ish? Power wise they got none but if you're just talking about someone to make the argument then maybe they could of done better.

What's the point of delaying it if they refuse to compromise on anything?

A little, haven't they been whittled down to 10ish? Power wise they got none but if you're just talking about someone to make the argument then maybe they could of done better.
    True enough. My (probably misguided) hope is that they will be able to bring a voice of reason that those within the major parties, who are unhappy with the direction things are headed, feel they can get behind. I do accept that this will probably never happen and it will be just more of the same.

Lib Dems being absorbed by the TIG would be the best thing, they will never escape the baggage (obviously unfairly, but nothing to be done about that now) attached to them as a separate party after the Coalition government.
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-03-15 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    Lib Dems being absorbed by the TIG would be the best thing, they will never escape the baggage (obviously unfairly, but nothing to be done about that now) attached to them as a separate party after the Coalition government.
    That's an interesting point. My initial thoughts about TIG beyond the pessimism of some high profile MPs who realised they would spend the rest of their careers on the back benches suddenly growing a conscious was "why don't they just join the Lib Dems?".

But when you put it like that then yeah, the best thing for the Lib Dems would be a rebrand allowing them to shed the baggage of tuition fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    What's the point of delaying it if they refuse to compromise on anything?
    This is what panic in a parliament looks like. Every MP seems to reduce their responsibility to making the "sane" choice vote by vote. They don't care about context anymore. The deal looks bad, because of the backstop. So oppose it. No deal looks even worse, oppose that, too. You don't want to crash out on the 29th, so vote on anything that doesn't have "29th of march" stamped on it, regardless of requirements or realistic chances.

If you had bunnies scared shitless run a country, British MPs would be hopping all over the place in a frenzy.

Asking for a sensible explanation seems pointless at this time. They're beyond sanity, reason or intelligent thought now. This is as close to sheer terror as politicians can get.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

What happens if the UK decides to chuck the whole thing in and repel A50, how would the EU react?

I can't see them being all about forgiving and forgetting after the debacle of the last two and a half years. Are they liable to slap the UK parliament silly with a bunch of punishments, strip them of concessions they've had in the past or are they unable to do that?