View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hoping for the best over there. This is what happens when you let the uninformed vote on extremely complex issues.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    So the most likely options to be voted on:

1: Customs union: This calls for the UK to negotiate a new customs union with the EU immediately after it leaves.
    2: Common Market 2.0: The UK would remain in the single market by rejoining the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) and staying in the European Economic Area (EEA). A "comprehensive customs partnership" would replace the Irish border backstop plan. It would accept continued freedom of movement but with conditions.
    3: EFTA and EEA: The UK would rejoin EFTA and sign up to existing EEA rules and obligations but make them enforceable through the UK courts. Rejects any customs union with the EU, instead seeking agreement on new arrangements for Northern Ireland.
    4: Malthouse compromise plan A: Mrs May's withdrawal deal but without the backstop, which would be replaced by alternative arrangements.
    5: Another referendum: The public would vote in a confirmatory referendum on any Brexit deal which is passed by Parliament before it is ratified.
    6: Revoke Article 50: If the government has not passed its withdrawal deal, MPs would vote on a no-deal Brexit two days before the UK's leaving date. If MPs reject no deal, the prime minister would have to cancel Brexit altogether.

So:
    1: Can work but is not necessarily enough to fully remove the backstop
    2: Unicorn land
    3: Unicorn land
    4: Collective facepalm by the Commission
    5: The amendment failed just a week ago but it still has a chance
    6: Extremely unlikely, the Labour whip is against it as are the majority of Tories
    So no deal it is than

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Hoping for the best over there. This is what happens when you let the uninformed vote on extremely complex issues.
    They where informed.....except every information provided was dismissed as project fear.

I expect we will see May's Deal come back on Thursday.
    Speaker has just hinted at ruling that out

Bercow has thrown a spanner in the works with regard to bringing back May's deal for MV3 this week.

'MV3 must 'meet the test of change,' says John Bercow

Speaker John Bercow addresses the matter of a third meaningful vote on the prime minister's Brexit deal.

Mr Bercow has previously ruled that a third vote can not be brought to Parliament if it is "substantially the same" as the last vote on the deal.

"In order that there should be no misunderstanding, I do expect the government to meet the test of change," he says.

The government "should not seek to circumvent my ruling", he says.'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-p...ments-47696409

Then unless there is a clear majority for a referendum, it's No Deal.
    Or revoke!

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Bercow has thrown a spanner in the works with regard to bringing back May's deal for MV3 this week.
    Brexiteers might froth at the mouth at his "interventionism" but I think he just handed them No Deal. You read what is up for discussion and anything that isn't 2nd Ref or Revoke A50 is for the birds really, or at the very least will require us to take part in the EU elections and unless we are revoking A50 I really don't want to inflict that upon the EU.

May's Deal is the only way we leave with a deal. I don't think the EU has patience for a new GE and I don't see the HoC signing off on a No Deal Vs Revoke 2nd ref.
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2019-03-27 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Brexiteers might froth at the mouth at his "interventionism" but I think he just handed them No Deal. You read what is up for discussion and anything that isn't 2nd Ref or Revoke A50 is for the birds really, or at the very least will require us to take part in the EU elections and unless we are revoking A50 I really don't want to inflict that upon the EU.

May's Deal is the only way we leave with a deal. I don't think the EU has patience for a new GE and I don't see the HoC signing off on a No Deal Vs Revoke 2nd ref.
    No deal vs Revoke would be a horror show. Two embittered sides convinced the other is traitorous and out to hurt them would make for a campaign of unprecedented toxicity.

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo202 View Post
    No deal vs Revoke would be a horror show. Two embittered sides convinced the other is traitorous and out to hurt them would make for a campaign of unprecedented toxicity.
    To say the least lol. If we get a 2nd Ref then the question in all likelihood is May's Deal Vs No Deal but then that throws up a whole new set of problems since Parliament has already refused to pass May's Deal, twice intact!

Then we have the GE route which is also a waste of time because our main 2 parties will both be standing on the same platform of implementing Brexit, which means Remainers such as myself would have to gamble on voting Lib Dem which I have no doubt will result in a landslide Conservative win. Especially if TIG want to run as a separate pro remain party.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean maybe they have a majority for Malthouse compromise with no backstop but with "alternative arrangements" if done that way. Which is as useful as a majority of MMOChampion posters deciding Gamon should be Warchief.
    The fact that the Malthouse Compromise even made it onto the list shows how utterly indulgent and stupid our MPs are. The Malthouse Compromise is best described as sticking your head in a bucket of sand whilst hoping that everything will work out in the end.

May has told Tory MPs that if they back her deal she will not lead the next phase of Brexit.

May has told Tory MPs that if they back her deal she will not lead the next phase of Brexit.
    Not the worst move. She's inflicted enough damage to the country. Might as well have BoJo give the UK the finishing blow. Also, what's with British PMs causing a heap of shit and then quitting instead of dealing with it? Talk about lack of integrity.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

So the referendum was called by a Tory PM who quit after it happened, and the deal could be implemented by a Tory PM who quit after it was ratified.

Strong and Steady, huh?

I realise this is meant to be an olive branch of sorts but is the implication that if they don't then she will stick around anyway? Like out of spite?

I guess what I'm saying is this isn't really a compromise or deal, she's done anyway.

WTF has May standing down after her deal is through anything to do with the problem at hand? Arrogant she-devil.

Yet more party politics.

Her best case scenario (her deal / no deal - Tories intact - BJ taking the mantle - centre split) is pretty appalling to consider.

I think she has to go after her speech the other day.
    I'm surprised that people get hung up on that speech so much. I mean sure, hang her for it... if you've got nothing else to do. Like prevent a national catastrophe. Please, by all means, babysit every single politician and pet their shoulders sympathetically, while they and their fucking ignorance is the reason they're in this mess in the first place.

Sure, it was a stupid speech, but really, let's not go overboard. Jo Cox was a tragic event, and surely her family and immediate friends have my sympathy. But I'm not too emotional about them getting death threats. They should do their fucking job, then they wouldn't get death threats.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    WTF has May standing down after her deal is through anything to do with the problem at hand? Arrogant she-devil.

Yet more party politics.

Her best case scenario (her deal / no deal - Tories intact - BJ taking the mantle - centre split) is pretty appalling to consider.
    Ah, you were first. Agree with you 100%. There's more important stuff to do than heat up speculations about her meaningless resignation. Her replacement won't be any better in any way, we know that much already. No sign of political corruption and incompetence being addressed in any way.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Think back to that motion on extending Article 50. The subtle shift of language on the long extension part that meant she returned, less than a week later and went: "What long extension? I didn't say that." And now read this again.

She won't stand in the way of a 'new approach'. She 'hears what you are saying'. On an unrelated matter, she's 'prepared to leave this job earlier than I intended". But not, of course, offer any specificity around it.

She's not going anywhere until they go in number 10 and prise her out.
    Most accurate summary of May announcing her "possible intention" to quit I have seen so far.
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-03-27 at 06:25 PM.

I wonder if her "If you pass it I'll quit." is a ploy to make her deal seem substantially different enough for Bercow?

Reading the comments from these Conservative MPs honestly makes me sick to my stomach. Such obvious fucking spinning and falsehoods.

"As always with Theresa, it's party before.....I mean country before herself."

Fuck off.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh dear. Pass the tissues for those remainers as future PM in waiting Boris Johnson soon picks to pieces bit by excruciating bit every single part of the UK/EU Theresa May deal.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

All this talk of galvanising but apparently the more extreme wing of the ERG (is such a thing possible) are still against it.

So - MV3 may still fail (assuming she finds a way of bypassing Bercow) based on Nay votes from diehard remainer Tories and diehard ERG.

edit...

and DUP